South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 10:39 AM   #1  

Smile WHOO HOO..Made it to Phase 2!!

Man! I am so excited to be in Phase 2 now that I don't know what to do!! I'm actually very comfortable with what I'm eating now that I'm stuck as to what to add. I don't miss bread at all or pasta. I guess I could add some fruit but I tried to eat a piece of melon and it was TOO sweet and I lost my appetite So I tried a mini whole wheat bagel and it was too heavy..I think I may just continue with Phase 1 and just try to add some different things and hopefully I'll find a nice balance.

Oh! My BF wants to know if he can eat grits with his eggs in the morning...I didn't know.

Last edited by jwilli26; 04-11-2005 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Add icon
Old 04-11-2005, 11:13 AM   #2  

WAY TO GO!!! Ph 1 can be a killer, but you DID IT!! Congrats. Yep, those carbs can feel a little heavy after getting through Ph 1 but they'll help you with energy that's for sure!
Old 04-11-2005, 11:23 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You should move on the Phase II for health reasons but so it slowly. Read the Planning for Phase II thread in the FAQ and also this http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52754.

Grits? 'Fraid not if he is on SBD because grits is/are corn and corn is a hugh glycemic index food. He'll have to wait for Phase III.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:29 PM   #4  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Congratulations! I finally made it to P2 also! Today is actually my first day on it. I am wondering though if I shouldn't start over at P1 again? I did so good up until two days ago!! I know it's terrible that I made it that far and cheated but I was thinking..... I just cheated a little so maybe I didn't screw up too bad...? Saturday night my husband took me out and we had some mixed drinks and appetizers. I had Jim Beam and DIET Coke and I ordered 1 chicken tender and 1 mozzerella stick. I only had 1 mozzerella stick and I think 2 chicken tenders but I feel so guilty and don't know if I should start over or what!! Could someone give me some input on this? Then on Sunday we went to the inlaws for a barbeque and I sorta cheated again.....they cook their burgers with bbq sauce on the grill and so I had one of those(minus the roll), a few hot wings, deviled eggs, a small piece of steak(w/bbq sauce), a small piece of chicken breast(skinless,boneless)with bbq sauce, and the real kicker here was the small portion of macaroni salad and baked beans. the divided paper plates that you can buy.....well, I used one little section and put mac salad on one half of the one section and baked beans on the other half. I told myself it wasn't so bad because after all I didn't have any bread! I feel so low! Help!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 02:50 AM   #5  
Mous

Keep up this positive attitude.

Venture slowly and you will do wonderfully.

I am proud of you.

ME
Old 04-12-2005, 09:40 AM   #6  

Hey thanks for the advice!! I ate another whole wheat mini bagel and some fruit 2 O for breakfast this morning and I'm totally full. I didn't enjoy eating it really but I ate it anyways. I'm down another pound today and feel great. It is amazing the energy boost one little bagel gives you!!

Tar675- man, you were so close and you cheated!! I'd say do another week on Phase 1 and REALLY stick to it. No cheating!! ) You can do it!!!! If I can, YOU can...cuz I have NO will power at all! LOL
Closed Thread