South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 06:43 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Thursday Chick Chat

Hey, girls... ... getting coffee. Back shortly...
Old 03-24-2005, 06:57 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Ellis.... hope you don't fall in the coffee pot ... I am popin' in to say a quick hello. I have to take dd to the dentist in a 1/2 and I am not even dressed yet. I will be back a little later.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:25 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I am about to lug the rest of the wine bottles out to the road for recycling. We used to bottle our own wine at home and I have quite a collection. This is the end of it though I know there are more in the barn. I wonder what the neighbours think.

Another sunny day coming up. I am planning to finish the binding on that crib quilt this morning and, when Jane comes, am off to Smiths Falls to pick up X-Rays and meat for dog food. Don't I have an exciting life! Tonight there is a Fair Board Meeting which I must attend as I've missed the last two. If you miss three, they can vote you out. Somehow, I don't think they'd do that to me - darn it!

Have a super Thursday. I'll pop back in later after chores.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hey, Ruth, I can just imagine your neighbors goggling at the empty wine bottles! Good Morning Ellis and Little Chick!
Today shouldn't be as hectic as the last few days were. The little one is going to nursery school this morning, the antibiotics have kicked in, so I'll just have one little one to care for til noon. We're having a flock of people here for dinner on Easter and I've been trying to get a menu together. I'll be glad when the holiday is over, all week I've had a hard time staying OP. I should have sent all those extra chocolate Easter eggs home with my DD, I just can't stay out of them, especially the coconut almond ones! I got up this morning with a new resolve to behave myself and get back on track, so far I'm OK, but it's only just half past 8. I'm learning that sugar is really really evil.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:53 AM   #5  

Oh, Cottage, I hear ya, hon. I ate the other little net bag of chocolates last night. I couldn't get them in my mouth fast enough. (I refrained from eating the foil, Ruth.)

Little Chick, I hope you made it to the dentist in time!

Ruth, your neighbours don't think anything. They know you're a lush.

I'm making soup. I have to weigh in tonight, and I'm thinking that soup will be lighter than chocolate.
The sun is shining, but it's chilly... I suppose the damned snow will arrive shortly. I'm going to plant my seeds today. (indoors, that is)
Old 03-24-2005, 09:49 AM   #6  

Today should be a busy day at work, as usual. Maybe worse than normal since tomorrow is a holiday. Brian has tomorrow and Monday off school so we are going over to a friend's house tomorrow and help her stuff plastic eggs with candy for the church egg hunt this weekend. And the cool thing, is that since it is for a church this will give Brian the last thing he needs to earn his Wolf badge for scouts!
Old 03-24-2005, 09:59 AM   #7  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning all!

Today is a very long day for me. I have to work until 8 pm and I'm already here. Oh well by next week at this time I'll be waking up in Florida. There is a web cam at a motel near where I'll be staying I'll post it for you guys so you can check it out.

Ellis & Cottage - I haven't been into Easter candy. Ellis you crack me up! My rottie loved chocolate and he would spend the entire day trying to get the Easter basket off the top of the fridge. Sometimes he could rock the fridge enough to get it to fall. Then I would find all these chewed up little pieces of tin foil everywhere. I miss him. I did eat the last two atkins ice cream bars last night and I'm not buying anymore. I just can't control myself with sweet tasting stuff.

Ruth - Snicker, Snicker - did you ever watch the movie Serial Mom with Katherine ? Dang I can't remember her last name. She was in War of the Roses and some other movies with Michael Douglas. Anyhow - she wacked some lady in the neighborhood for not recycling the wine bottles that clink clinked in her trash and the neighbors would stand outside on trash day and glare at her. Now it is going to drive me crazy that I can't remember her name.

Little chick - Hi

I guess I'm not going to make it to 190 before next week. I'm in more of a defensive damage control stage than offensive lose the weight stage. I'm hoping to stay mostly OP on vacation. I will have some empty calories from toddies but I think if I stay mostly OP with food I'll be ok. Plus I'm going to walk the beach everyday with DS. He promises I won't have to carry him when he gets tired. I used to have to do that when he was little. He is testing for his black belt on Friday night. Say a prayer for him. He has worked since he was 4 years old to get this far.

I'll peck back in later.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:25 AM   #8  
buzz buzz buzzin along

Thumbs up

Hi Gals! Well, I WI today and Im so unsure where I am on weight loss... back to 165.. which is 10lbs. Anyway, I had an awesome brkfst. spinach, american cheese and an egg... it was soo good. Im feelling better about my Weight and stuff in general in the house. Im going to get some water and soak up the OP sun...

btw, it's warm out this morning, I took off my coat and blazer to ride in the car to work then had to wear them in... it's supposed to rain and snow tonight... I dont get this mickey mouse weater, ugh.

Hugs!
Old 03-24-2005, 10:39 AM   #9  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Here is the web cam for the motel that is down the street from where we are staying. http://www.chateau-motel.com/cam - looks like they are already funin in the sunin!
Old 03-24-2005, 10:56 AM   #10  

Turner!!
Old 03-24-2005, 11:00 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Anchor, Have a lovely vacation, it looks like a wonderful place. Soak up enough of the sun and warmth for all of us!
Old 03-24-2005, 11:00 AM   #12  
Conquering with SBD

Good monring ladies. I got in earlier than usual today - the boss is away, so someone can play. Some of our security people are having their heads shaved this morning for Cops for Cancer, so he has gone to watch them. I should be there, but have to get back logs of work caught up before the end of April.

lc - Have a great day. Not too much running around today.

Ruth - Sounds like you have a busy day planned. It would be kind of interesting to miss the Fair meeting, then see if they vote you off... Who would do the work, then?

cottage - Enjoy your day. I can empathize with you on the chocolates. I have a really bad time with sweets, so can't keep them in the house for fear of indulging. Some of the students are selling the chocolate covered almonds in the hallway at work, and asked me a couple of times to buy some. I just can't risk it, so told them that I would love to buy some, but can't because I would eat them. Now, when they see me coming...they announce to everyone around that the 'diet lady' is coming. It's funny, though, all the people that have been walking with me at various times just walk buy and say 'me too.' However, they are fund raising, so I just give them a donation instead of buying chocolates. That has kept them civil with me.

ellis - Hope the weigh in goes well tonight. Remember, though, it isn't bad to have a couple of treats now and then, just don't make it the WHOLE bag. Have fun with the gardening. I really admire people who can start their seeds indoors and nurture them till planting time comes. I have a great deal of difficulty remember to water the poor little souls.

Barb - Don't work too hard today. You really must be winding down for the long weekend. Have a great Easter.

anchor - Have a great holiday. You can be thinking of me...we are ankle deep in snow. The snow finally stopped yesterday, but it is a huge mess with partial melting and slippery streets. Make sure that you have a plan for your eating while you are away. I find that, if I plan not to indulge in fast foods, and think of ordering extra veggies before I get to a restaurant, I have a better chance of staying OP. Make sure that you are clear in you mind before you get somewhere...it is way too easy to eat something off program if you leave the decision until you open the menu.

Me - I have the office in a stir these days. I bring in special treats for everyone on special occasions and leave them on desks and in mail slots and noone knows who is doing it. Yesterday, I sent the treats through our interoffice mail - I also sent one to myself. Everyone is trying to find out who is doing it and join right in with the staff trying to find out who the culprit is.

I got the dreaded call from the hospital yesterday. My surgery is booked for April 25, so the race is now on. I have to get everything at work done and caught up before I go on sick leave, and I will also be taking DM to the cancer clinic for follow up assessment. I am hoping that I won't be needing to drive her everyday for treatments - her dr. didn't think that they would do anything more, but we will need to wait and see what the oncologist says. DH and I had already planned to take vacation at the time of my surgery...just to get the yard in shape this year. However, he will be working and I will be doing my usual job - supervising. I am really good at that.

We don't have much planned for Easter, other than Easter dinner on Sunday and a small bday party for DS's girlfriend tomorrow. What does everyone else have planned for Easter?
Old 03-24-2005, 11:15 AM   #13  
gotta lose it!

Good morning everyone. Not much going on with me today. I have to go into work at 1 (yuck!) AT least I have Sat, Sun, and Mon off - I can't wait! My boss kept me 30 mins. pass my time yesterday...she's an idiot. She asked me a few questions about the some of the changes that were happening with the company. I told her that I wasn't pleased about the changes, but I assured her that the one thing I could control was my performance and that I was going to perform my job the best way I know how. This idiot replies with how she doesn't like controling people, that she shuts down when someone tries to control her, her stepfather was a controller - yada, yada. I think it's time for me to have a little chat with her boss!
Well ladies, like some of you, I'm trying to stay out of the Easter candy as well - very difficult - wish me luck!!
Have a great day, see ya around!
Old 03-24-2005, 11:36 AM   #14  
A Lily from my yard!

Good morning Chickadees! Well my sleepin in is almost over! Back to school and up at 6 on Mon. I have a ton of stuff to finish up around here today before DS and I leave for TN. tomorrow. He is goin to his dad's and I will be at Mom's. I will go to my DS's on Easter to watch Ragan and Berachah hunt eggs. I will probably go over on Sat. to help them decorate some or something. I bought some color at Wally World lastnight so I am fixin to go color my hair and then get started on my list of things to do today! YUCK!

Ellis...Hello! I can so relate I bought a lil thing of Robin Eggs lastnight and finally made DH eat the rest!

Ruth...Did you see my email from the Laughin Cow peeps? I'm not totally crazy! lol

Little Chick...I need to get the kids an appt. with the dentist for their cleaning! Hope all goes well!

Cottage...Glad the one is feelin better! It will all be over Monday! lol

Hunny...Any leftovers? lol

Anchor...Oh what is a vacation? It seems like it has been so long since I went on one! Do ya have an empty seat? lol Tell DS good luck on Fri.! The chicks in the hen house are peckin for him! lol

Barb...Ds is gonna need 2 or 3 vests for all his patches! Enjoy the time off!

Sweet tooth...That is so funny. I bet people are drivin themselves crazy tryin to figure out who is doin it! Hopefully it will be much warmer weather for your surgery. Warm sunshine always makes ya feel better! Hugs and prayers for you and Mom both!

Ok I think I got everyone that had posted before I started! Have a great day all! I am off to drink my fiber and get busy!
Old 03-24-2005, 11:39 AM   #15  
A Lily from my yard!

Soon...How exactly did your boss get her job? !!!!!!!! She seems to be a real whacko! Good luck with her! I think she has sugar of the brain! lol No eatin the baby's candy! lol
Closed Thread