South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 06:54 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default WED Chick Chat

Morning chicks thought I would start us off..... I will be right back going to get a cup of tea. and I will be back....
Old 03-23-2005, 07:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday Chick Chat

It's a dark gloomy rainy morning here, a good morning to sleep in. I had a tug-of-war with myself about getting up to go to Curves, but the way I've been snitching those Easter eggs I made, I decided I had to go.
Yesterday didn't turn out the way I planned. My 4 yr old was sick and feverish, so we had to cancel our playdate plans. It sure was a shame to have to spend the day inside, it was just gorgeous out, and the only nice day we're going to have for a while. We had a plefasnat day together though. Well, let me get myself over to Curves. I'll try to check in again later.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:48 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, EarlyChicks!

Well, Spring is definitely here now. I was able to take the garbage out to the road in my robe and SLIPPERS! The side walk is bare and dry and the gravel in the lane is still frozen solid but the ice is gone! It's 20ºF out there but I pretended it was summer. It doesn't take much to keep me happy these days!

Lovely morning in the greenhouse yesterday. I was sitting most of the time so the knee was OK. It's so lovely in there this time of year with all the baby plants and the green smell. I did a bit more work on the baby quilt late in the afternoon after Harry's dental appointment. It's coming together well and I'm hoping not to have a photo finish but to have it done and wrapped well before Monday's baby shower.

I did OK on food yesterday, not so good on water, but was attacked just at bedtime by a hot cross bun! Better than a chocolate bunny, I guess! It doesn't look like I'll meet my March target so I still can't get that skinny LCD monitor! I hope this one holds out.

On the schedule today: Take Harry to the Library, quilt, do yet more laundry, make something for dinner with asparagus, chicken and tomatoes and go to tonight's meeeting of the ******* & Burgess Heritage Society. Hmmmm...topic tonight is "Courting Food in the 1850s" - sounds dangerous as I know there will be samples. By the way, ******* really is the name of our township - long story there!
So what's happening around your Beach towel today?
Old 03-23-2005, 07:55 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!

Little Chick, you're spending a heck of a long time over that cup of tea.

Cottage, I'm so sorry your little one was sick. I hope all goes well today.

Ruth... it's beautiful out! Again!! I know it's only a few degrees above zero, but as you said, it doesn't take much to make us happy.
Enjoy your day... going to check out the ******* link... it looks interesting...

I'm having coffee this morning with a very old friend/aunt. I mean, she's not old, but ... you know what I mean.
And then DH and I are going on another long walk. I accidentally ate a small net bag of foil-covered chocolate eggs last night. I'm so mad at myself.

Ciao, girls!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:43 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, Ellis, at least you didn't eat the foil and net bag - or did you? The walk should take care of part of the sin/guily. I am trying to figure out how long I need to use the treadmill to work off that damned hot cross bun!

I think Little Chick fell into the teapot!

Cottage, I hope the wee one is perkier today and your day goes as planned. Good for you to get to Curves.

A robin just landed on the phone wire that I can see outside this bedroom window. Spring is here. The Girls were barking last night every time they heard the coyotes/wolves yipping in the bush. I think that's a sign of spring. Mating yips? The racoons are about rooting in people's garbage and I've smelled my first skunk so it's coming!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:57 AM   #6  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Morning Ladies~

Where is everyone this morning?? Well, yesterday I slept off and on for the better half of the day.. UGH! But, I felt well rested. My kids were VERY cooperative! WOOHOO! Felt good to be back on track yesterday. I started P1 again for a week or two, depending on how my weekend goes I guess. Down a pound this morning, thank goodness as I"ve gained 3 in the past few weeks. I am retaining water again sooo..more water for me today is the goal.

cottage~ WTG on going to Curves this morning.. I need to get motivated today and work out myself!!

Ruth~ *******s huh?? I use that name every now & then, but not for a township. HEHE

Ellis~Choc. eggs..YUM!! We haven't bought our kids their candy yet, mainly so it stays safe. One or two won't hurt ya. It was a little bag right?? You'll be ok.

Little Chick~ HURRY BACK!

Everyone else to come in~ HI!!

Well, everyone have a great OP day!!
Old 03-23-2005, 09:11 AM   #7  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I'm up early today,need my coffee also as I didn't sleep again for the past 2 nights.DH thinks I worried about my weight, just because I'm on the computer to long(eyes problem) on my SB message boards.Men!! What do they Know!!

LITTLE CHICK Thanks for getting us started, for us early chicks.

COTTAGE Sorry about your little one being under the weather. Hope shes Ok by the time the EASTER Bunny arrives.Have a good time at Curves.

RUTHIE No one saw you in your robe and slippers. We have such nosy non friendly people looking in & out of their windows in our complex,Of course they have nothing better to do.I Love Hot Cross Buns,but I stayed away from them this year.Had S/F cinnamin buns instead.Enjoy your beautiful day in the sunshine.

ELLIS Weigh in today,stayed the same,wished it would have gone down.5 but it didn't. Oh well heres to next week.I'm into the S/F Jelly Belly,jelly beans myself,haven't hit the chocolates yet. We have an over cast day, talking about rain tonight YUCK!!

Have a nice day Hugs BB
Old 03-23-2005, 09:13 AM   #8  
gotta lose it!

Amber....I'm going back on p1 too - yesterday was the first day back & I was successful! Let's keep tabs on one another - we gotta make March's goal!!!
Little chick - where are you hon?
Ellis & Ruth - morning ladies!! (check out the ******* link later...late for work)
Cottage -hope the little one is feeling better today!
Chat later after work - have a great day!!
Old 03-23-2005, 09:14 AM   #9  
gotta lose it!

HI BB - posted at the same time!!
Old 03-23-2005, 09:23 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Tea sounds nice, LC! Thanks for starting us off!

Cottage, good for you for keeping your date with Curves! Sorry about your playdate...hope the kiddo feels better!

Ruth, you are ALWAYS doing interesting stuff! So glad you got out to the greenhouse! How fun!!! I'm hoping you are right about spring...the daffodils are definitely up and raging to bloom around here...and that's usually a good sign. Evil hot cross buns...I didn't buy any because I knew I would eat the whole pan! Have a blast at your meeting...it sounds like great fun!

Ellis, I love the "accidentally" part. I accidentally ate two small biscuits and three cubes of rye bread last night. So glad you are going for long walks and enjoying the beautiful weather. I know what you mean about being happy for small things out there...it's been in the 30s and 40s here, but it feels like a huge heat wave!

Amber, good for you on redoing phase 1. Hope it goes really well for you!

Me:
Well, got to page 31 or so on the paper last night. Still have quite a ways to go, but I'm making progress.

Tonight a friend of mine and I are going to interview the teacher we're working with on a research project for my other class. We need to find out more about the kids we're working with and the teacher is at home, laid up after carpal tunnel surgery. Then it's off to church to sing for the tenebrae service (It's awesome!). Dinner tonight is roast beef and blue cheese wraps (from Cooking light) and coleslaw...hopefully easy to throw together. Then more writing on my paper until 1:00 a.m. or so.

Have a great day, chickies!
Old 03-23-2005, 09:29 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Soon and BB! We posted at the same time.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:20 AM   #12  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

You chicks are so funny... fell into the tea pot. I didn't but I did get side tracked checking emails, job listings and playing games. Like I have nothing else to do. Like laundry, dishes, making beds, and getting dressed. Not much on my plate today except for going to curves. Well I will go jump back in my tea pot. I will check in again later. I have to get something accomplished. Ruth send some of your weather this way. We were getting big old snow flakes this morning. But the sun is out now so that makes me happy hopefully we can take the wee ones to the playground this afternoon.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:28 AM   #13  

Morning, everyone! Whoever asked for the Spicy Cranberry Sauce recipe, I will have to post it. I checked the Low Carb Holiday Side dish thread in the recipe forum but the cranberry sauce one there is not the one I ended up liking the best.

I got stuck at work yesterday and missed Pilates but I should be able to make the Pain in the Butt class today. It's my wedding anniversary though and I'm feeling a little guilty that we have nothing special planned for tonight. My son chose the dinner for tonight - Deviled Steak (from the cookbook) with green beans and strawberries. Those were the side in the picture so that is what he wants with it. I'll fix an extra vegetable too, probably brussel sprouts. I'm going to suggest to DH that we celebrate our anniversary at lunch on Friday when I'm off work and we can have some time to ourselves. I think that might make the most sense.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:27 AM   #14  
A Lily from my yard!

Mornin my lil Chickies! It is cloudy here today. I think the kids and I are goin to venture out to the mall today. DS needs a haircut and DD wants one. DS also needs a new pair of shoes. I checked the weather and no rain so I'll go. I don't want to get my car all dirty! lol I am back on plan now! (WooHoo 4me!) I am really takin in the fiber. I read an articale about it in one of my magazines and am now takin my Metamucil atleast 2 times a day. I found an easy way to do it. I mix it up in about 4ozs of water and drink it and then chase it with just regular water. It goes alot easier for me. Oh I better go. Just had a call from someone who is bringin by a 250 dollar check for DD's trip to Australia. Here I sit in my pj's! So far sponsorship is goin pretty good but we are still a long way from 5 grand! lol I'll try to check back on y'all chicks later. Have a great day all!
Old 03-23-2005, 01:28 PM   #15  
buzz buzz buzzin along

Talking

Foggy and rainy here... I am doing okay on PH1 till I get home at night. I guess I cant complain bc I lost 2lbs since my last wi on Sunday. which btw, I stepped on was shocked.. TOM should be here soon so I should expect it. But I didn't think I gained that much.. Yukkers.

gulping my water right now... btw, what happened to the Water game? Hugs to everyone!
Closed Thread