Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 03-15-2005, 09:07 AM   #1  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Default Need help fitting meals around workout

I am new to all this stuff....keep starting and quiting but I want to do this the right way.

I am joining a gym to start tomorrow. I will be going on my lunch hour cause I know I won't fit it in before or after work. I will be starting with cardio only for awhile.....if this isn't want I should do please someone tell me and why??

I eat breakfast at 7AM which consists of oatmeal and egg whites...not as many egg whites as I should eat but I am building up to it.

Now my work out will be from 1 -2PM and I can eat at my desk......can anyone help me on how I should time my meals through out the day and what combos of food I should eat.....oh dinner is usually between 5:30 and 6PM

Thanks for your help.
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:07 PM   #2  

Hi again, HC

If you're eating your breakfast at 7a, I would imagine that you would want to eat before you workout, otherwise you will be too hungry. Or you could have a snack around 11 and then eat after you get back. A lot of folks on LWL eat 5 or 6 small meals a day, spaced 3-4 hours apart. I did that for a while but found that it made me tend to binge more. I usually eat breakfast around 7:30a, lunch at noon, and then a snack around 3:30, with dinner at 6 or 7, and perhaps something small in the evening.

How many days a week are you planning on going to the gym? There is nothing wrong with starting with cardio, but you need to add in some kind of weight-bearing exercise at some point. If you are going every day during the week you could alternate cardio and lifting days. Or you could do 30 min lifting and 30 min cardio during your hour at the gym if you are only going some days a week.

I'm sure others will chime in with more ideas and suggestions. I guess the main thing is to find something that works for you and is sustainable.
LKTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 06:20 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

I eat every 2.5 to 3 hours... I eat at 8am, 10:30am, 1PM, workout at 2PM, then eat again at 4pm...then have supper at 5:30 or 6pm... I eat something at 4pm after the gym because I would be too ravenous to wait till 5:30 or 6pm and make supper too! I'd eat half of EVERYONE's supper if I would wait ... and I have done it when too ravenous...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 05:14 AM   #4  

I eat frequent small meals: breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner & sometimes desert. I have protein at every meal/snack, even if it is a scoop of soy protein powder in a glass of joghurt with orange juice.
I do not use sugar, white flour etc because this makes my blood sugar go up and down to much and thus I get tired and want to eat sugar all the time.
I also try to drink 8 big glasses of water every day
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 06:41 AM   #5  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Thanks for the help everyone.
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote