General Diet Plans and Questions - Spring Plan: April is the new January...

ledom
03-08-2005, 10:26 PM
or at least that is what Oprah says. Spring is the time for new beginnings and a fresh approach. A lot of people start their get fit plans as a New Year's Resolution, now is an opportunity to renew your commitment to those resolutions or make new ones if you need to. Whatever your plan you're welcome to join us here.

LaDean
03-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Ledom, hey is this our new board. I love it. a neat name. lets swing into spring with a BLAST..... i am ready for that. hope your day is going good. not been up to long but so far good. ha ha

esteban
03-09-2005, 02:45 PM
Thanks Ledom! This is great. SPRING PLAN!!

Well, I am happy to report the scale obliged by moving ONE pound down. So that makes it 12 pounds since Feb. 1 GONE!!! I went to the store and tried clothes on yesterday and it is one size less. I have still about 2 more sizes down to get into in my closet so I don't plan to buy anything for awhile. I will be so happy to be able to shop in the normal section of the store and not in the section...I can't even remember when that was...sometime in the 80's, I think.

Enjoy the day Ledom, Alice and LaDean!

LaDean
03-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Hi, yes i love this SPRING PLAN..... i am ready to lose some wt. got about 10 i want to lose. then i am my 7 below my goal. so today so far good. have already had my carbs for day. wanted to get them in early. so now have to have none rest of day.. i will get some exercise in. warm now they say maybe rain. but hoping not. hubby has been out spraying all day.. got a flower bed all done up and ready to plant. i may put some dalias in there. but is shaded with a apple tree so may get something else. we love petunias.. my roses are looking so good. love this weather. I am glad all is going so good your way. so proud of you . i am glad your on atkins to. its the plan for me for sure.. i started last july and reached my goal end of year. now trying to stick to it. ha having a time adding my carbs. read today on a board that theres was low. so cutting back. also watching portions and calories little bit more. putting it on fitday and that is helping me. i see how many. ha ha i did get into the pepsi little bit and i know that is what it is. got to get the diet. ha ha

aleka and ledom hope all is going good your way.
HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL OF YOU..... LaDean

ledom
03-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Good morning, I am ending my detox diet today and starting something new. I copied off Oprah's bootcamp diet from her website. I'm in a weird place with diet right now, switching around so, but - it (Oprah's diet) looks like something I can believe in which is a first step anyway. If I can stick with it remains to be seen. Results of detox, I didn't weigh as it wasn't about weight loss so much as just getting detoxed. My complexion looks great though, better than in a long time. It got me off the white stuff as Oprah puts it so I have a start there. Last night I bought the smallest George Foreman Grill, only $12. I've never had one and I thought I'd give it a try as lean protein is a big part of this diet. I had burnt out on grilled chicken breast for a while but I think I'm ready to go back to it. I'm also going to make this today - you can eat all of it you want. Hope I like it.

Oprah’s Cabbage Soup Recipe

6 Large Green Onions
2 Green Peppers
1-2 Cans Diced Tomatoes
1 Bunch Celery
1 Package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1-2 Cubes of Bouillion (if desired)
1 head cabbage

Cut vegetables into small pieces and cover with water. (V-8 juice and water can be used).

Boil fast for 10 minutes. Reduce to simmer and continue cooking until vegetables are tender. Season to taste with salt, pepper,parsley, etc. .

I am pretty disgusted with myself at the moment, but glad to have a plan of action so we shall see.

judi - 12 lbs. in the last month, congratulations!!!

LaDean - your gardens are going to be great. The pansies and violas I planted over the winter are so lovely right now.

Alice - what's up with you girlfriend? You've been awfully quiet lately!

ledom
03-10-2005, 11:08 AM
Since you guys are all dog lovers, check this out.

http://www.gone2thedogs.com/

click on link on the right "what dog are you"

after you finish question 10, press next question, don't close the window immediately after you get your answer because a picture of the dog you are will appear in a minute

LaDean
03-10-2005, 11:28 AM
Ledom. oh how cute. ha ha ha thanks for sharing. oh glad your first plan went good and helped. i changed alot of plans to. we have to i think to really find that right one for us. i may change also. who knows. i get bored with one for to long of time and its not working then its time to change. my thinking. i have been gaining some on this atkins plan. i been cutting down on carbs but not helping. so i just may go to something else. tryed lowering carbs and just kinda getting disgusted. so who knows. good luck on the plan. sounds good the cabbage soup. i have a book of hers and i like it.

aleka, hey girl where you been. missing you and lacee. hope all is going good and your just busy one.

esteban, hey glad atkins is working for you. go girl your doing great. i did to. then all of a sudden its gaining. so will give it awhile. have a good day all of you. LaDean

esteban
03-10-2005, 07:26 PM
THat was so cute Ledom...I am a Lapland Spitz...I should be kept out in the kennel it said...oh well

Thanks for the recipe Ledom. Good for you for going thru detox. I know we are glad we are off the whites...the odd time I wistfully think about my homemade French bread but then remember how lacking energy I felt and how defeated with no hope about my wieght...it pulls me out of wistful longing pretty fast. At least now though the road is long and slow BUT I am not without hope.

It is good to have a new plan. Shake things up...surprise your body :D

We are having record warmth here this spring. DH and I went for a walk on a new golf course they are building here that overlooks the ocean. What a nice day it was.

LaDean I bet your garden is nice. I am looking forward to the garden this year. Your pansies and viloas must be wonderful Ledom, it is always so uplifting to see the first flowers in spring.

Those little grills are handy, I have a small one and like it.

Alice what are you up to?

I made a low carb savoury muffin for breakfast the last two mornings.

5-6 large eggs
1/2 cup or so cheddar or mozza. cheese shredded
as much bacon or sausage (cooked) bits as you want (I used about 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup Atkins bake mix
pizza spice (how much you like)

Give it a whirl in the food processer. Pour it into Pam sprayed muffin tins. I use Pam sprayed paper cups in the tin. Bake at 350 for 20-25 min. It makes 6 medium savory muffins. I think they are about 1 or 1.5 Carbs per muffin. They are really good. The DH loved them and it sees like you are eating a regular muffins. I have made them with sausage and mozza and bacon and cheddar.

LaDean
03-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Hi, i was a great dane.ha ha i guess so ha ha having a good day. closer to my leeway. lost 3/4 lbs this week. so guess that is good as closer and all. hot and warm here today. hubby is working in yard and all. my hands are flared up with my psorasis so cannot do much. hope by garden season theya re well again. its something i can live with. so try to not complain to much. ha ha just went to store and got some things for my plan. starting today with it. I am so glad everyone is doing good on there plans. hey i read oprah's book yesterday and went to her site. very interesting. i found where i started a journal on there when i started my atkins july. forgot about it. ha

aleka, hey girl are you running around/??? i hope so and that you and lacee are ok//

Esteban, so glad the atkins plan is working for you. i am watching my fats and calories now with it. starting this week. maintaining so need to be good. your doing great good for you

I WISH YOU ALL A GREAT DAY AND WEEKEND.... LaDean woofffff lacee and meowwww to all the kitties. ha

ledom
03-15-2005, 11:36 AM
I am a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever - I never heard of this dog but when I saw its picture it was like looking at a kindred spirit.

My juicer came. I made juice w/ 2 carrots and a granny smith apple - the most fresh, most divine thing I have ever tasted. I love the juicer.

LaDean
03-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Hi, your juice sounds good. i have never had one. i bet they are nice. something to think about.

where are aleka and esteban... ok i hope...

Hope everyone has a good day. LaDean

aleka
03-16-2005, 09:40 AM
Hello everyone,

This is a great name for the new thread. I would say Oprah is right!

I've been MIA lately. I just haven't been doing very well in the diet and exercise dept., so I didn't have much to say. I seem to have stayed at my 5 lb. loss, getting nowhere fast. So, I've recommitted myself. I bought a couple of new exercise videos, T-Tapp, which arrived yesterday. One of the sites I frequent, someone posted that there is supposed to be an article in this Sun. Parade Magazine about it.

ledom, glad that your detox went well. Good for you! That dog site is really neat. I took the test and I'm a Bichon Bolognese. Never heard of that breed before. I looked at the eating plan of Oprah's boot camp. I couldn't do it because I think I would miss cereal too much in the morning. Unless I could find an alternative to eggs. Glad you like your juicer. I bet fresh juice is really delicious without all the added sugar that you get in bottled juices. You will absolutely love your GF grill. DH & I have had 2 of them. We now have a grill that you can take the grids off to clean them. It's funny, now that we're in FL we hardly ever use it. We can use the outside grill more often than we could up north.

LaDean, congratulations on your weight loss. You're doing great!! I have a girlfriend who has psoriasis. She got something from the drug store, can't remember the name, many years ago and it has worked wonders for her. It was even starting to get in her ears. Today you would never know she has it. Lacee says Woof!

judi, congratulations to you also on your weight loss!! Atkins really agrees with you. I really wish I could find something that motivated me as much as Atkins motivates you. Glad that you're having some warm weather. It's been rather chilly here, but it has started to warm up nicely. It has been humid these past couple of days. We're under the gun for some T/storms these next couple of days.

I can't remember if I mentioned that former neighbors of ours' in NH have bought a place not too far from us, and who winter down here. They got in touch with us a month or so ago and we've been out and about together. It's really nice. They live in an over 55 community, that has a swimming pool, hot tub, and a lot of other ammenities. They're community abutts a river, where people can moor their boats. They invited us over last week. We went down to the dock and saw quite a few Manatees swimming about. I had never seen a Manatee before. Then we went out to dinner and they invited us back to use the swimming pool and hot tub. It was chilly that night, but the hot tub sure felt good. It seemed so nice sitting in a hot tub in the middle of March when all of our friends up north were shoveling snow!! HEH..HEH..HEH. We're having dinner with them again tonight.

I guess I did have something to say after all! :lol:

Enjoy your day.

LaDean
03-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Aleka, so good your back. you will find that plan for you. sometimes we just need a rest from it all i think. so just hang it there it will come. woof to lacee to. i miss tuffy so much still. but just got memories and lots of them keep me going. thanks i am having a problem now have gained 4 lbs back. makes me so mad. but i got to thinking the atkins has been good to me i reached goal with it. but i believe also you have to change plans to. so i am in that thinking period now a change. ha so trying to find it. i also took look at oprah and just undecided... then the zone and also the south beach again. so may just take all of them and the atkins and make one for me. ha oh your friends and doing things with them sound so fun. so happy for you.. we need that hubby and i. being retired and all. ha just someone to go and do with. ha oh the hot tub sound so neat and the pool. well have a good day..

To all together makes it fun any plan we chose to do. thanks for being here. LaDean

esteban
03-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Itsa me Judi...stuck on a plateau... :p I have been gaining and losing the same three pounds all week...I hope they will down on Tues. weigh day. I don't know if it is a real plateau or not...could be because I am at about 30-40 carbs a day instead of Induction 20. I always try for 20 but since I found low carb bread at Costco 5 carbs per slice and low carb p. butter I have been having it and I also have had a few fruits in the last week...now I have a desire for an apple or orange like I used to have for a hot fudge sundae...it sees like a glorious forbidden thing, hot fudge doesn't tempt me anymore but an apple sure does.

One good thing is I am wearing a pair of pants that I bought in Houston 3-4 years ago..even then I could not do up the inside button on them but I can now :smug:

I know I will have to low carb all my life but I WISH I could sneak a bit more fruit in and still keep losing wieght.

You saw a mantee Alice!! That is so amazing! I would love to see one. The place you describe sounds lovely.

Every day Ledom you are getting closer and closer to your sabbatical, that is wonderful...I bet you are looking forward to it.

I spent the last few days reading the book "All Over but the Shouting" by Rick Bragg. It was so good...my DH is reading it now.

Alice, you will hit on the right plan for you...you have been doing so good though for so long...always dieting and exercising. It is inspiring to read your posts and know how consistent you have been.

I miss my vegetarian days...if I ever lose this weight I will try to go back to them. I guess I will always have to eat fish. Eating the meat really grosses me out. I am always trying to buy things already cooked so I don't have to cook it, which is both inconvenient and expensive. Plus, I always keep seeing sad animal eyes in my mind. I feel very guilty that I let myself be a blob and now am eating animals because it helps me lose it even though I feel WAY better physically than when I was eating carbs and wheat gluten posing as meat. :(

We went to a cat show last weekend. Was it ever good!! We watched the judging of the Maine Coon and the longhaired breeds. Wow! The Maine Coon what a HUGE cat! Bigger than my Lhasa Apso. It was the first time we saw one in the flesh. Very neat though.

How are your cats Ledom? Our two have become "wary" pals and follow each other about.

What carb level are you at now LaDean? Did you decide on another plan? Sorry to hear you are missing Tuffy. You can always remember you gave Tuffy a wonderful life.

Has Lacee adjusted to Florida, Alice? I know sometimes when we are travelling I would see a look on Marley's face that would seem to say "Where the heck are we...and what is this place???"

I had a little hill in my yard that was an eyesore planted in St. John's Wort so I am feeling better about my yard. It was a real incline and if it was left to my DH and myself it would have never been done. I just had a garden crew come in and do it. What a diff. it made to the look of the place!! Did I tell you that I went to a gardening course?? All it did was make dissatisfied with my garden and showed me that I am too lazy to be a really good gardener :o

That is all the news here. We are in for a bit of rain but that is good...my new hill of plants will be watered everyday automatically :D

LaDean
03-19-2005, 01:41 PM
Hi, well i did what you did. i started adding few carbs like fruits and all. well uppppppp the scales went like 4 lbs i am up. so disgusted .ha i know i gain when eating fruit. but i hate meats so started the atkins so i could learn to eat more protein and it makes us have a filling tummy. so this helped i reached my goal and all. so happy. but then if i jsut add a little bit then upppppp they go. i just cannot seem to get that amt for me going. ha ha so i know we cannot stay at 20 and introduction for ever as that is not good. suppose to build them up and all. so this week i think i will go up to 25 maybe right in between and see what goes on. i am the same way about meats there just not my thing. i love fruit. but seems to me that is not going to work. ha they say eat the berries. so i am going to get some of those and see how that goes. i need to get strick again to. have been snitching the breads and all. also i learned couple weeks ago we have to be careful with portions. so i guess i been eating to large of them. so cutting down all around. good luck. together we will do this.. so this week its 25 carbs for me...

aleka, oh i love seeing the picture of lacee. i am on 2 yahoo boards with bostons. 3 batches of little ones and has pictures of all the ones they have and all. i love it. just found it after i loss tuffy. so i got some of him on there and also going to get one and a gal is going to put it on rainbow bridges in memory of the little babies. so happy about that to.. so these 2 boards have helped me so very much... I am glad your plan is working for you and your doing so good. keep it up

Ledom.... hey girl you go. your doing great and sounds like your always having so much fun. guess that is being young again. ha ha i do have some retired and all. get to do what i want and we both have good health so that is good. enjoy your cats i know there so precious and fun... all little ones are to us.

well hey all of you have a GOOD WEEKEND NOW. we will work together on our plans and sharing them and our little ones helps me so much... thanks for being there for me.
LaDean

aleka
03-21-2005, 09:19 AM
Good Morning,

We've been having some wonderful weather these past couple of days. It got to 82 deg. yesterday and it was really nice. DH & I went out to lunch at this restaurant that overlooks the ocean. I enjoy watching the Sea Gulls and Pelicans doing their thing.

judi, have you gone into Atkins site to see if it's possible to eat vegetarian? I know sites usually have FAQs. I would really miss fruit too. Hope your weigh in on Tues. goes well. If you want to eat vegetarian again, have you looked at WW new Core program? I'm still looking for a plan I can live with. The only one I keep going back to is eating "real" food, eating when I'm hungry, and stopping when I'm satisfied. Lacee has adjusted very well down here. I think she adjusted better than I did. :lol: I don't think she misses going outside in the snow, ice, and sub-zero temps. We have a chain link fence that surrounds the whole property, so we can let her loose outside. She really likes that. How are Marley, Esteban, & Bentley doing? How did Bentley adjust to the new baby?

LaDean, glad that you found the 2 boards that is helping you get over the loss of Tuffy. It's good to share your feelings with other people going through the same thing as you. Are you still going to do Atkins, or are you going to try something else?

ledom, how is Oprah's boot camp coming along?

Have a great day everyone!

LaDean
03-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Aleka, oh i love that lacee. ha ha so cute... well i have decided to just stick to portions and watch what i eat and smaller amts. eat when i am hungry to and not over do. i am so tired of counting and keeping up with numbers of things. ha i just need a change and right now this is it. i walked early this am. so back to that now twice a day and plus things here at home i might get on. ha starting dance to maybe. got to get enough to sign up for it. so will know next week. hope we do. anyhows this is what i am going for to. hubby always said got to burn off what goes in. so that is right. good luck to you also..

Judi, hope atkins is going good still for you. i find adding little bit of carbs i just went upppppp. so taking a rest now. good luck. i am still eating in that way but not keeping so much track of it all. taking a rest. ha

Ledom. hey hows oprah plan going? it sound like a good one. good luck with it.

TO ALL OF YOU I WISH A GOOD DAY.. WOOF LACEE. YOU TO. LaDean

ledom
03-22-2005, 11:39 AM
Hey girls - sorry I have been so scarce lately. Not doing any diet lately other than a bad one. Life has taken me by the shoulders given me a good shake. I find myself in the position of parenting my parent and my child - both with a health crises. This is my spring break and I am talking to home health care for my mom and therapists for DD. It's good that I have the week off to help both get things in order, but I am having a quiet pity party for myself at the same time. I know it is something that happens to all of us at one time or another and I'll be able to handle it - it's my job right now. Today I seriously remind myself to take care of myself and make eating right and exercising a priority for just today. I am planning to camp on Thursday and Friday so I look forward to that - I want to walk and paddle a lot during those 2 days.

aleka
03-22-2005, 12:01 PM
ledom, I am so sorry for what you're having to deal with right now. I know how hard it is to keep to a program in this type of a situation. You just have to do the best you can. Taking care of yourself is your first priority. I went through this same thing when my Dad became so ill. I've been meaning to ask you if you've done any paddling lately. You haven't talked about it and I was hoping you still did, because you enjoy it so much. It's a good thing you have the time off right now. Enjoy your camping trip.:grouphug:

Hi judi, LaDean, hope things are going well for the both of you.

Have a good day everyone.

ledom
03-22-2005, 01:12 PM
Thanks for your kind words Alice. I appreciate you letting me unburden here. Things are not so bad as they could be. My mother is fairly healthy still, she just needs a little help. DD seems to have finally made a connection with someone who I think can help her. We have tried to tough our way through some of her problems and finally realized that we need help so though it had gotten really dark I am seeing a way out finally. I guess we aren't presented with these kind of problems when we are young, life experience is neccessary to do some of this hard work.

On a much brighter note. I continue to be happy about my juicer. I am still stuck on the carrot/apple juice. Two carrots and one granny smith apple make about 3/4 cup of juice. I have been using this juice to make a smoothie along with 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1 T flax seeds, crushed ice, a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. It is quite lovely and I think fairly balanced nutritionally.

LaDean
03-22-2005, 09:08 PM
Ledom. so glad things are looking up. hey they will. good luck. your juicer sounds so neat. i have heard good things about them and all. just hang in there you will get t hat plan again and the one for you. we all need a rest enjoy your 2 days sounds like funnnnnn. go and have that..

aleka and judi... good luck with you 2 also. things are looking up my way. just being good right now and watching portions and not eating all the time. jsut when hungry. exercising. got 2 walks in yesterday. one and ex bike will have to do today. loving my walking again of mornings. it seems to keep me going all day to be good. have a great evening all of you. LaDean

LaDean
03-23-2005, 12:50 PM
Hi all,. i just took a 5 mile walk. feel so good. was so nice out. never even needed a jacket really but had one. had music on my ears for while. as i walk with a gal. then when we depart and i am coming back home i put music on. my eating is good this week to. feel different not adding those bad darn carbs. jsut watching and eating smaller portions is helping. good luck to all of you today... have a good one. LaDean

esteban
03-25-2005, 08:56 AM
First of all Ledom I am sorry to hear you are undergoing such a stressful time. Try to be gentle with yourself about the diet. You have done SO VERY well for so long.

Hi LaDean and Alice, it is good to hear from you both.

Alice, no you can't be a vegetarian Dr. Atkins says, you have to be willing to eat dairy, fish and chicken. You can be away from red meat though. Core won't work for me because it has too many carb options and that starts the "cravings" :devil: again. I finally am free from craving stuff so I don't want to have to contend with that again...because in that arena I am not successful. I know I can NEVER eat the "whites" again and don't even want to. I am missing fruit and have added an apple and 1/2 orange daily but it has slowed up weight loss... but so be it. As long as I am losing even some I will just try to increase exercise to allow me the fruit because I think it is important in my diet and I will be dieting for a long time.

I have never been a cereal eater for breakfast but am so sick of eggs etc. I started having lo-carb bread, lo-carb p. butter and Atkins cereal for breakfast and just love it.

The Atkins bars have been a life saver too. Wanting to eat a sweet treat is inevitable and they have allowed DH and I to do so without any guilty pangs.

Easter Sunday the kids and my grandson are coming over. The menu is not going to be fancy, sliced ham, sliced pork roast (all bought cooked) potato salad (just for them) and reg. salad. Strawberries for dessert and that is it. Being on this diet simplifies cooking.

The best part of this all is how GOOD I feel. I have never had more energy and can't remember feeling so great. (I stopped taking PAXIL months ago and I had been taking it for a few years.) I really think I had a carb sensitivity and maybe even a wheat allergy...and it would not be a wonder either because I have eaten so much of both all my life and bread used to be my favourite food, along with mashed potaoes...neither of which I have now.

The thing for me is to just live ONE day at a time...I know it is often said but it is a real challenge to do.

You walked 5 miles LaDean! Wow! That is a good walk!! :dancer: I like music too and walking. My D gave me her ipod and it is great.

How are all the pets doing? Nala is really coming along and has gained weight. She was quite skinny when we got her because she had been sick for so long. It is so interesting to see how diff. the cats personalities are.

Weather here has been beautiful.

God bless you Ledom, Ladean and Alice on this Easter weekend :grouphug:

LaDean
03-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Esteban, oh so happy all is going so good for you. it is me again. i had started adding some carbs as at goal now. but the fruit there again i started gaining. makes me so mad as i love fruit. so off it again. i am 2.75 lbs over goal. got to get down there soon to. i will so i am thinking postive. was down hafe of it this am at tops. so got 2 good weeks to go. i was down in dumps of it but then said hey i will do it. have came this far. this is my plan for sure. i love it. just got to watch my carbs. thanks for the ideas of breakfast. i am getting tired of eggs to. i am back to introduction now for sure. and till i get down below my goal . your doing so good. keep it up. glad you found this works for you to. I sure miss my tuffy. found some new little bostons not to far away. but have decided everyone will take them. so i will wait till one comes up that has no home and needs one. this is what i have decided to do now. i am fixing easter to. having ham. Now are you going to eat the Ham or roast beef?>> just curious. mine is going to be fix around me to. my family are all watching it and makes it nice and easy to. they love the way i feel and look so go right along with it and all. ha

Aleka and Ledom... hey girls hope all is going good for the 2 of you. i love this board and working with all of you.. woof lacee and hi to all the other little ones...

i wish all of you a NICE EASTER DAY....

aleka
03-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Good afternoon ladies,

I just wanted to pop in to wish you all a very HAPPY EASTER!!! Hope you all have a wonderful day.

ledom
03-28-2005, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the easter greetings. I hope you all had a nice weekend. We just didn't celebrate this year - instead we rested. I slept until 1 p.m. yesterday, unheard of but it was cold and rainy (good sleeping weather) and I guess I needed it.

Spring break is over and it's back to work today. I have 6 more weeks and it'll be over. Sabbatical here I come.

Goal for the week. Get up and exercise every morning and with that I am off to it.

LaDean
03-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Ledom, so glad you got your rest. our bodies need that to. sometimes we forget and they will tell us. ha glad your back to a new day of exercise and to. i missed my walk this am. but as reading your post and on your way i am heading for the exercise bike as i speak. got to get with mine to. then out to patio on my cardio glider. and got line dance tonite our first lesson, can hardly wait. love line dancing or any kind of dancing. ha got to get out and practice in garage some this afternoon. ha ha get back with it. good luck for your plan and all today

well its back to my atkins introduction. thought i might as well get with it again. as i loss with it and i know it can be done on it. so going for it again.. Judi good luck today for you. i have found no fruits still they cause just gains. so got the eggs going to devil some more and go for the meat. ha ha good luck to you. my easter was good. got on chips and candy little bit. but hey today a new one. that is over and out of mi nd. ha

Aleka. hope lacee and you had a good easter. we did. Hey guess what i have checked all the papers for a boston. well saturday i was so busy cleaning and getting ready for my easter dinner. forgot paper period>>>> well hubby was reading it yesterday morning said come here. i did. and you will not believe it a boston to give away free an adult one. i dropped everything looked up number online and its in town just 35 miles from me one kids live in. and a cell phone. called and it was full. i imagine all about the boston. ha so finally i lefted my number then i lefted 3 messages then i called later last nite and left a message. a young gal. then i called this am. so i pray i will get a call and she still has it. told her to even call and let me know if its gone. ha oh i been praying so hard. everytime the phone rings i jump and run.... oh well its in Gods hands. if meant to be it will. when we got tuffy was in our little paper and on a sunday nite. so i just feel its right. ha ha oh well had a great easter...

TO ALL OF YOU ITS A NEW DAY AND ALMOST A NEW MONTH... SO LETS GET BUSY AND DO OUR THING. I LOVE WORKING WITH YOU AND ALL. HELPS ME SO VERY MUCH. THANKS...

aleka, hey i know lacee kisses. they all do. ha ha i miss tuffys so very much. so willl you give lacee one for me. ha ha ha

aleka
03-28-2005, 06:14 PM
Good afternoon,

LaDean, I will pray also that you get the Boston you saw in the paper. :goodluck: Let us know what happens. I certainly will give Lacee a kiss for you. Glad you had a good Easter. Our's was nice too.

ledom, it sounds like you really needed some rest. It sounds like it was a good day for it. Did you go on your camping trip yet? If so, did you have a good time?

Enjoy the rest of the day.

LaDean
03-29-2005, 12:32 AM
Aleka, i have called twice just did and no answer. its a cell phone. so i guess its been given away and she is not answering them. see there rare here and like my hubby said people get them free and sell them. sad but i wish i had seen saturdays paper. oh well something will come up if its meant to be. will let you know. oh thanks. i miss tuffys kisses so very much. his last day he did reach up and kiss me. it was meant to be. got him kissing and lefted him with kisses. also found pups close but rather not start all over. ha ha i had line dance tonite and so fun... learned a dance i had not done before. now got another one to exercise to. a fun group of gals to. well have a nice evening.

LaDean
03-30-2005, 04:25 PM
Good morning to all, this is a great day. i feel better. 1/2 lb from goal. this made my day. see i got over it. playing with my leeway. i can go 3 above and 7 under in tops. so this was all new to me. i figured hey in leway and good. but not good. got to get below so i do not blow it again. so i am so happy. feel good to. so may get a walk in. if not will ride ex bike. will see how it goes. never walked this am as tummy was little quezzy still. so no chances. but feel great now. so i hope everyones day is going as good. i am doing good with plan. back to atkins judi. the introduction. hey it did it this far for me not giving it up i decided. ha cept this week just have not been eating. so good in ways. have a good day all. Lacee wooffffff a kisssssss for you. ha LaDean and also loves for all the kitties out there. ha

judi
03-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Hi everyone!!

Sorry about the Boston LaDean. You would have given it a wonderful home. Out here on the west coast of Canada you would never get a Boston like that. They are rare, my D. had to go to Sask. for hers (2 provinces away).

I was thrilled to get our Himalayan cat for free (not totally free because adoption fee was a 100 bucks) but they are usually about $325 out here. She is turning into such a precious pet too.

I derailed myself Atkins wise and had Easter bread (I made a Kulich, a Russian type Easter bread). I think I have that out of my system now. I have been up and down the same pound all this month. I added fruit (apples and oranges) I was missing them so much. Even if it was only 1 a day it was still to much for weight loss. Also even if I haven't eaten many carbs I am starting to feel tired and listless so I want to get back on.

I bought a new two week Atkins book on Induction...tomorrow I am starting (already had a humungous apple today) and will do it religiously. Promise myself.

We had a wonderful Easter weekend. The kids were here and the baby was so much fun. His great grandmother made him a white terry towel robe and it was kind of long...anyway he was walking around in it and my DH thought he looked like someone who lifted a robe from the Marriott or some other place, it was a hoot. He can't eat candy so I bought him just a HUGE stuffed Easter bunny. My D stayed an extra day so it was nice.

Glad you had a chance for R&R Ledom.

Hi Alice, how is it going?

That is about it for news here.

LaDean
03-31-2005, 02:14 AM
Hi, thanks judi. i even called monday nite on it. thought maybe she was gone easter and all. but no luck. after 10 calls i would think she could call and say. but never. oh well. when its time it will be. Oh there rare here to. that is why people grab them right up. to sell them and all. is sad. oh i am so glad your cat is adjusting and all. there our babies for sure. glad your easter was a good one. i tryed to stick to it. got into the chocolate candies of grandbabies. so went off little bit. talking about fruit that is what i did. was so hungry for oranges ate and ate them. like one a day. but fruit has always made me gain and i figured i was in trouble. well i was. went and gained 4 lbs. so now got it off and so happy with me. this is 3rd day back on introduction and being good and i mean good. seems after the 3rd day its easy for me. was sick with a stomach flu monday and tuesday. but better today. Gods way to of saying hey get with it. ha so i did. had my line dance monday nite and felt so good. love that and good exercise. then we had 3 fir trees fell on garden spot. it needed some sun. so he had them cut. well we burn wood so i went out today and helped hubby load it on truck and dump it on drive way out back to dry out. so i got my exercise believe me. we use to be in wood business and i did ok. so has been awhile sure could tell it,. not to bad though. but morning will tell. ha i love to be out in fresh air. no rain today but is on way again. hey so glad you had fun with the grandbaby and that d stayed longer and all. the robe thing so cute. well glad your back with introduction also. ihave the cassetts and cd so listen to it some. have the atkins kit to its helpful and 2 books. but i feel this plan worked as i was into it alot. ha

aleka and Ledom glad things are going good your way. have a good week to all.LaDean

ledom
03-31-2005, 09:44 AM
Morning all- I have finally gotten myself back in the groove. I could just feel myself getting fatter and my clothes were getting tight. Been a while since I had such a bad slip and I don't know why I let myself go so. I am back to my 6 small meals a day.

On the home front - DD withdrew from school for this semester. She just kept getting worse. We are working really had to get her back on track. I am taking 3 days off work this week to be with her. We have gotten her some outside help. We have watched a lot of movies as it seems to be the one thing she can do without feeling worse. Yesterday went to a botanical garden and walked. Spring has sprung here, tulips in bloom as well as red bud and dogwood trees. It is getting quite warm as well, almost 80 yesterday.

I have been walking both on treadmill and outside. No weightlifting at the moment but I am trying for 2 miles a day.

I did get to go camping and paddling last Thursday. It was a lot of fun.

LaDean I know there is a doggie out there for you. Just keep looking.

aleka
03-31-2005, 12:58 PM
Good almost afternoon,

I'm back on track. I joined Weight Watchers yesterday. I just can't stand the way my clothes feel anymore and I don't want to go up another size.

LaDean, I'm so sorry you didn't get the Boston. There is another one out there waiting for you to give it some much needed love. I truly believe everything happens for a reason. Glad that you're back on track. You've done very well since you went back to induction.

ledom, glad that you're doing well too. It seems we all have our determination back. Hope your DD is feeling better soon.

judi, how is induction coming along? Glad you had a nice Easter with your DD and grandson.

Have a great afternoon.

LaDean
03-31-2005, 02:59 PM
Aleka, hey good to see you this morning and lacee to. thanks. yes i gave it to God like i do everything in my life now. I know that was meant to be and there will be more chances in time. i have a phone bill now of calling. but its worth it. ha ha Just had to keep trying. I am so happy you have joined ww again. you will do good you have before with ww. its so neat now we each have our plans and doing it all together. that is what helps me. I got up this am and at my goal again. now to keep it there and below i hope tomorrow morning. i can do it. thursdays are always not eat much for me before weigh in day. so i can do this. yes going back to introduction has been good. as i started adding oranges. knowing there higher in all. but had wanted one for so long. well the change sure did it. just up 4 lbs but to much. glad i got it in right direction now . never wanted to gain anymore back. to hard to get it off again. lacee has kiss from me. ha ha

Judi,,,, hey hows introduction again coming along/??? its so werid start adding the carbs and scales start going forward to. but we are moving forward and that is the good thing. we are getting it done. have a great day

Ledom. hey hope your day is going good. i am so happy to have you gals to share with. its sure helped me.

ALL OF YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY. LaDean

LaDean
04-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Aleka, judi and Ledom. hey gals get out your dancing shoes. its pary time. and of course you to lacee and all the cats. I reached my Goal this am. and i even went a lb under it. so now how about that. believe me i have worked my buttttt off for this. ha ha thanks to all of you. i did it with your help and all. love our board here and sharing and all. so good to know we all have our plans and we are doing it together. my tops group was just screaming and clapping hands we were today. i am so happy. i know now how to do it and i plan to not blow it again. i have to leave the fruit alone and i know this now. i got into oranges and i love fruit. but hey if i can leave sugar, and starches and all alone. i can surly do this. got off my chips and did that to. so going to be good. ha dance on monday nites helps alot and my walking. got on cardio glider yesterday. so nice and warm out. its on the patio. i even got a walk in. so i am with it..... glad I have you to be with it with me. ha ha Hey Lacee a big Kisssssss from me. ha LaDean

aleka
04-01-2005, 05:31 PM
LaDean, Congratulations!!!:cp: :high: . That must've made you feel so good when everyone was clapping for you. Good for you!!! Now you know what you can and cannot eat. I'm going to get my dancing shoes!!:dance:

Hey judi, ledom.

Have a great weekend everyone.

ledom
04-01-2005, 09:24 PM
You're an inspiration LaDean! Congratulations.

And Alice, love your avatar - you are going native it looks like.

Judi - glad you got to have quality time w/ your family over Easter. I hope all is well with you.

LaDean
04-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Aleka, thanks so very much. hey l love the new look. but sit lacee out there to. i miss her on here. ha ha yes when the time comes i will have another. Yes i was so happy yesterday. i celebrated to. i had not had cooked beans since last july i started the atkins. so i had some. well oh myyyyyy the scales this am. so yes i know what i can and not have. so its back to the WHIP today for sure. got to be good and walk a straight line. ha so happy aleka your back with your ww. that is great. we just have to get that plan and go for it. good for you Judi and Ledom also. thanks so much for being here for me. i am glad you both have the plans to. i am back to strick introduction this morning Judi. well hey have a great weekend. LaDean

aleka
04-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Good morning,

Hope you all had a nice weekend. We had some storms come through Sat. morning that cooled things off considerably. I was back in my jeans and a jacket. :( Each day it's supposed to warm up more.

Those pink flamingos are a joke housewarming gift my girlfriend gave me when she came to visit. I've named them Harry & David after our favorite gourmet store.

LaDean, glad you had some beans. I'm trying to get Lacee to pose next to the flamingos with DH taking the photo. But, as soon as I move, so does she. Next time we're going to try doing it the other way around. So, you may get your wish. ;)

ledom, judi, hope things are going well with the both of you.

LaDean
04-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Aleka, oh how cute. i hope you get one of her with them. sure miss her of day .ha ha just give her a kiss for me ok. i am looking for an adult one. got some shelters down closer to. so theres always hope. when its meant to be it will be. I am so happy all is going good your way. yes had those darn beans. ha ha and scales went forward. but i am on a new day. so got them out of my mind now. ha back to regular things on plan.

Ledom and Judi. hope plans are going good

I wish all a good new day now. LaDean

judi
04-06-2005, 01:30 PM
HI GALS!!!

First of all, WAY TO GO >>>GETTING TO YOUR GOAL!!Look at you LaDean!

judi
04-06-2005, 01:38 PM
I too love those flamingos Alice! Good for you going back to WW. I am SO tempted by WW because I miss fruit so much but it is such a battle for me with the cravings that will be fanned by the carbs.

I am down three pounds more because of induction...I am on day 6.

Sorry to hear about your D. Ledom...I know mine went thru quite a spell and it was terrifying at the time but she is totally fine now so they DO come out of these rough spots.

I spent yesterday babysitting...it was such fun. I am a natural for being a grandma...that is for sure.

I have been feeling quite energetic, so I have changed the furniture around in some rooms and it makes me feel like I am living in a new place :cool:

We are having a nice spring here...it has been raining but that is ok...since it is so much brighter and the flowers are up.

LaDean
04-06-2005, 04:32 PM
Judi, thanks so much. yes i am a happy one to be back down there. blew the weekend adding wrong carbs even though not over did. i guess i am going to have to get strick and back to introduction. am today. its so hard to start adding carbs. so after SRD and i graduate in couple weeks. i am going to set an amt and go for it. maybe if i do and stick to that for while it will start doing something. cept i gained 4 lbs and got off goal when i did. so i am nervous to do it. oh well i may just have to go. glad all is going good your way and that the introduction is helping you..

aleka and Ledom....good luck to the both of you. we all have our plans so that is great. we will do it.LaDean

aleka
04-08-2005, 09:46 AM
TGIF!

judi, WW is a fairly healthy program to follow. The only thing I don't agree with them on, is fat-free everything. I am studying the Core plan to see if it's something I will want to do in a week or so. We can change plans as often as we want, but you have to stick with whatever plan you choose for 1 week. Is fruit a trigger food for you?

LaDean, after a lot of trial and error, you will find the right balance of carbs for you.

Hey ledom, how are things going for you?

Have a good weekend.

ledom
04-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Hey Girls,

Things are still shaky on the home front. Just taking things one day at a time. Please remember my little family in your prayers.

I am trying to get in a walk a day. That is about it. I find when things are falling apart we tend to regress to fast and easy food. As if being unhealthy weren't bad enough. It is also more expensive. If for no other reason than that we have got to get that straightened out. The last 2 weeks I have missed a lot of work. Hopefully next week I will get to be back to a regular schedule. I feel very guilty when I have to miss work.

Keep the faith girls. You all sound good.

LaDean
04-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Ledom. hope you get things all going good around your place. and back to work and on your schedule. yes it is hard when we get off our routine . this happen alot to me when hubby retired. eating was different for meals. i was so use to eating big meal at noon. so i am trying to get back to that. good luck.

Aleka, hey glad all is going good your way.. I done good this week. still in my leeway. i wanted to be under goal. but got a week before our tops state recongition and i graduate. so theres hope. i will just have to work harder this week. glad your looking in to all the ww areas and chosing. that is what its about. getting something we like and can do. i know after i graduate i am going to just plan set an carb amt and go for it. as i know it takes few weeks to adjust to anything. so will do that. Hey give lacee some kisses. Oh got some nearer. still has not sent pictures of the puppies yet. but i think i have really decided to jsut take an adult dog. that way i have stayed home so much taking care of tuffy. i can go now and i would not have to worry about it like a puppy. Did you get lacee as a pup? tuffy was 1 1/2 when i got him.

HAVE A GOOD DAY TO ALL... JUDI HOPE ALL IS GOOD THIS DAY WITH YOU. WHAT AMT OF CARBS ARE YOU ON???? sorry about cap's. ha

LaDean
04-10-2005, 09:12 PM
i am so excited today. i got a call this am from the paper ad i was calling yesterday. a boston terrier. oh my i get him. hes 8 years old and name is Bo. i do not know spelling right now. but oh i can hardly wait till morning. i will let you know more then. he needs attention lots of . which i truly have that to give. the little gal said she hates to give him up. but glad i can give h im that. her work schedule just does not allow her to do this. so i am so happy today. i will never replace my tuffy. but i can give another love and attention it needs. i will have tuffys pictures right where there at. but will add these other place. ha oh i just had to share today. could not wait with this news till tomorrow. ha ha Hey lacee i have a new boston. that can say hi to you daily and all. ha so my eating plan is going good today. to excited to think about eating. ha and will take a walk here pretty soon. well have a good evening to all. hope plans were good today... LaDean

aleka
04-11-2005, 09:10 AM
LaDean, Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! :flow2: Will you be getting him today? You definitely will be giving him a lot of love. I also feel bad for the person who has to give him up. Yes, we got Lacee as a puppy. She was 2 months old and she fit right inside my jacket, where she slept until we got home. Again, congratulations.

ledom, sometimes taking one day at a time is the best thing to do. I hope things are better on the homefront soon.

Hey judi!

Have a good day everyone.

LaDean
04-11-2005, 11:37 AM
Aleka, yes get him this morning. leave in little while. glad its early as i could not wait to long. yes it will be a sad day for her i know. i think but not sure she has had him since a puppy the way it sound on phone. i am so happy that i can give it what she says it needs alot of attention. her long hours as a attorney and all just could not be there for him. so she was happy we are retired and all. i told her i have alot of time. so that made her feel good. i got camera loaded. ha Oh how cute lacee as a puppy. see tuffy was over a year when we got him. our daughter is so excited also. and i called son and family. they are to. they know how much i have needed another one. nothing will replace my tuffy but again got to give love to another one. got his little pictures in same place the mantle for life they will be there. just find another place for bo's that is his name. with bostons and grandbabies that makes up the living room and family room and all over. ha got tuffys in here to. then of course all the boston calenders and all else. ha ha i got my boston socks on this am to. ha ha Hey lacee i will have another boston soon to say woof to you. I will be on later .

Ledom and Judi. . have a good day. yes we have to take each day as a new one and go for it. this is what i do. have a good one all of you. your all the greatest.

ledom
04-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Well LaDean - how is he? I am anxiously awaiting a report!

aleka
04-12-2005, 09:03 AM
LaDean, how did your first night go with Bo? Hope all went well. Let us know how things went. Good luck to you and hope you have many years of happiness with him. Lacee says "WOOF!"

LaDean
04-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Woofffff Beau says wooffff to all. Oh the nite and day went so great. hes lots smaller then tuffy was. and he does not eat like tuffy did. ha ha oh he adjusted to the house and had a tour of all the rooms. even the pool parlor. we call the garage that. hubby has it fixed up cute. he never cared for noise of balls being shoot. ha oh well he slept good. hes use to sleeping in bed and of course daughter loved that. Our daughter lives at home. saves money and its great having her here. so spendy to get a place of own. she wants to save a buy one. so cannot blame her. Beau took up to all 3 of us so well and the house. he loves to walk. hes so loveable. oh things are fine as you can tell how happy i am. oh yes i needed him for sure and he us. he was loved so much she had him since 4 months old. hes 8 years old. and she said had to do what was best for him. she took one look at hubby and i and said no worries not hes in great hands. so that made me so happy. she is an attorney has her own law firm. so long hours and just not home with him enough. her phone box was full and she chose me. oh i was so happy. prayers answered for sure. i wish i knew how to put pictures on here and all. there to big when i try it.. oh well lacee Beau says woof. My plan yesterday went good. i was not hungry at all or even sunday.. ha so scales down this am. one thing is great when i leave the 21st for 3 days my tops thing he will do just fine. he loves d and h. well hey my its going good here. and hope the same for all of you. have a great day. LaDean

aleka
04-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Oh, LaDean, I am so happy for you that things went well with Beau. He was meant to be your's. I got a kick out him sleeping in bed with your daughter. Lacee sleeps with us too. I wouldn't have it any other way.;) That's wonderful he adjusted very well to his new home. That really must have made you feel good when the lady told you she put him in good hands. What a great compliment. I wish you many happy years with him. Also glad that your eating is going well.

Hey ledom, judi :wave:

ledom
04-12-2005, 07:33 PM
:high: LaDean, It sounds like Beau's first mama was waiting for just the right human for him. I am so happy you got him. I kept checking 3FC today to see if you'd come up for air yet. :cb: :cp: :dancer: :cp:

Hello to everyone - having a good day here.

LaDean
04-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Hi, thanks all. yes i have been so excited and hiper to. ha ha hes the greatest just what a retirement lady needed. ha we are meant for one another. same with tuffy to. all Bostons are the same in many ways. hes just smaller built and all then tuffy was. but oh spoilt to. Ledom better keep checking there as hes already teaching me. ha ha oh well would not want it any other way. you all are the greatest. i am not even hungry so this is helping me in more ways then one. ha Have a good evening to all. LaDean

LaDean
04-18-2005, 09:29 PM
beau says woof to lacee and all of you. he loves it here. has us all spoilted and doing things his way. ha oh how we love it. they bring so much to a person. i just had to have another. going away thursday for 3 days so will know when i get back if he has anything to do with me. ha with tuffy he would tease me and go to the others and not me. so anxious to see beau reaction. he will have the best care so going for fun and no worries. ha i need this fun trip. i will graduate also as a Kops. that is keep off pounds sensibly.. so excited about the trip and all. today has gone good. i been walking beau. as daughter took him to park and all over the other day for walk. now just out here does not satisfy him. so it was the park today and all out here. he loves it. so figured hey no rain so better take advantage of it. good for me to. ha he minds real well to and does not leave sidewalk to get in flowers and all. so that i like. got dance tonite so that is more exercise for me. so all is ok this Monday... Hope it is for all of you. quite in here..ha LaDean

ledom
04-19-2005, 08:59 AM
Good morning ladies. LaDean, sounds like Beau hasn't had to skip a beat in getting adjusted to his new home. I am glad you are pleased with him. Hope you have a great time at your meeting.

How are you guys Alice and Judi? LaDean is right, we have been awfully quiet around here.

School is winding down. About 3 1/2 weeks left. I believe I have found an adjunct to take my place in the fall. She is also a good friend and I hope it all works out. I know things would be in good hands. I am turning my attention to getting my office packed up.

Diet and exercise. They have fallen by the wayside the last couple of months. I am tring to dig myself out now because I am feeling miserable about it. I haven't been lifting weights at all and I can sure tell the difference. I am walking a little more though. W/ the end of school coming I am planning to get everything back in place.

Went paddling over the weekend. It is so refreshing and makes me so happy. Saw lots of bird activity on the water.

LaDean
04-19-2005, 10:40 AM
You will get with it again ledom. just do what you can now as your doing other things with school getting out and all. so sometimes we have to just do little and go on. then back to it. that is the main thing getting back to our plans. oh your weekend sound so fun. just going down that river and wide open spaces i bet its a good feeling and all. yes beau is taking over. ha ha not really hes such a good little one. hes adjusted better then i thought and all. so happy my prayers were answered and we got him
my scales are looking so good. i leave thurs. yes ready for some funnnnn. ha beau will miss me. anxious to see his response when i get back. my tuffy always ignored me for while. ha was cute. well Aleka and judi and you to Ledom have a great day..LaDean

aleka
04-22-2005, 08:19 AM
TGIF!!!

Hope you all have had a good week. Went to WW on Wed., I'm down another lb. I missed the week before, I overslept and by the time I got my you-know-what in gear it was too late to go.

I forgot to mention that we finally sold our house in NH. I'm sad, but not as sad as I thought I would be. Now that worry is off our shoulders. If we still had the house by summer, it was in the back of my mind about possibly going back up and staying for a month or so.

LaDean, glad that Beau has made himself at home. Sometimes it takes them a little while to adjust. I hope you're having a good time on your trip. We had this really affectionate cat, which we had rescued. The first time DH & I went away (my Dad stayed with the animals), she totally ignored us when we came home. She ran to the door, saw us, put her snoot in the air, walked away, and laid in the bathroom. She peeked her head out of the bathroom doorway and saw both Bostons jumping on us and us hugging them in return. The expression on our cat's face literally changed, and she came running to be greeted. She never ignored us again when we'd come home from a trip.

ledom, how is the diet and exercise front coming? If you haven't been able to get back on track, you will. Walking is good. Sometimes I believe people suffer from diet burnout. Glad you have someone to take your place in the fall. I'm sure you're counting the days until college lets out for the summer.

Hey judi, where have you been??? How is Atkins going?

LaDean
04-25-2005, 10:54 AM
GOOD MORNING GALS.... I had a great weekend. so much fun. my graduation went just perfect. i was also our group queen so had to meet saturday morning for rehersal. so gal took and dropped me off. had to wear my dress all day. so was not to bad. got up to rain that morning so was cool. then by afternoon was nice again. we had a nice graduation was 17 gals from our state of Oregon. so meet others. we just all had a ball. i needed it to. got home and beau met me at the door and jumped in my arms was a happy fellow. he done just fine with hubby. but he made up to all of us. so that made it a fun trip to no worries.yes tuffy use to ignore me and so cute when they do that. i guess beau in family just not long made a difference. ha they can do so many cute things. your cat aleka i know that was so cute. Well gals its back to the plan this morning. i think i overdosed on carbs. ha ha had been so good just before and so adding them was kind of ucky. ha ha in the tummy area. ha ha but back to normal today. never done all that bad. so happy with that. we got lots of walking in. shopped alot and danced alot in the room. i took my boom box and cd's. have dance tonite so i will need it. i love this line dancing. i am not going to walk this am. just going to relax. ha get with it in am. my walking partner is gone so i will maybe walk later today. beau goes to park daily and hubby took him every day i was gone. he loves the park. Oh aleka glad you sold your place. but it would have been nice to still have the summer. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR LOSS ALEKA.. GOOD FOR YOU.. :cheer:

Ledom and Judi.. hey hows it going? good i hope. hope the atkins plan judi is still going good... i am back to the introduction this am. got to be. ha i never done to bad but did have potatoes and all. so that was a no no. well Hey gals have a great day all of you... LaDean woof from beau to lacee.

LaDean
04-27-2005, 02:46 PM
Wednesday morning HI> hey where is everyone. busy and having fun i hope. i never walked this am. just did it with beau. i walk him to park daily to so will get my walking in. just felt like laying back down and i did. that is the love of retirement. ha my scales are looking good after SRD. i am glad. i have gotten back with it. Hey Judi hows the atkins going for you still??? have you set an amt of carbs yet to go for. me back to introduction for while. i want to go down little more and get with losing. then have goal changed. took it in 2 parts to make it less stressful. so going for it. was going to wait for garden but will start now with it.. then at garden time can hold the new goal i have. anyhows that is the plans. i been drinking more water to. got 3 more weeks of dance lefted then after 4th of july we will start a summer class. I hope the Elks turns on there air then. ha ha well hey Ledom. aleka and judi have a great day.. come in when you can. woofffffff lacce from beau... oh hes so good and we love him so much. God sent us another perfect one. LaDean

LaDean
04-30-2005, 02:17 PM
Ok now i hope all of you are fine and just to busy to come in. any hows i just dropped in this saturday morning to say Hi and wish all of you a good day. mine is going great. still in leeway. going strick on my atkins now again. want to get down and loss few more lbs now. this is my best time of year to lose so figured i would start with it. ha i wish all of you a good day at your plans.. woofffff lacee from beau. hes so precious as all Bostons are aleka knows this. ha LaDean

ledom
04-30-2005, 03:22 PM
Hi LaDean, I am so glad that Beau is working out for you guys. It sounds as though you are hopelessly in love with him. Kitty's are all doing very good. Tweeg, our gray kitty that is about 17 is going strong. She has really been a loyal companion to DD the last couple months. Has kept her company when I couldn't. DD is doing better by the way though it seems a long road. I have trouble being as patient as I should be.

You guys might have heard of the discovery of the Ivory Billed Woodpecker (Lord God Bird) that was thought to be extinct in Arkansas. It has been all over the news this week. The guy that first spotted it is one of my kayaking buddies. It has been very exciting to us paddlers here. I post on the same board that he first reported what he thought he saw over a year ago and read that report then. He did immediately shut up about it after contacting the biologist at Cornell. We were all surprised when the news came out this week.

I have been cooking all morning. I am working on the Lasagne featured on last months Cooking Light magazine. This is the 2nd batch I have made. It is very good. Has eggplant, zucchini, and red peppers as the filling. DD doesn't like any of those vegetables, but as she said, it's lasagne and it tastes good. Veggies are grilled before putting it all together. I also made BFL chili and BFL banana nut muffins. I am happy to be getting my cooking done so early in the weekend.

Two more weeks of school. Immediately afterwards I am going to take a 2 week class in digital skills and illustrator.

I have done miserably on diet for last couple of months. I am really trying to find the will to get back with it. I am afraid to weight. Clothes aren't fitting well at all.

aleka
04-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Hello everyone,

Hope you all are having a good weekend. Our weather has been great. But, we're in for a few changes overnight tonight.

LaDean, glad that Beau is so at ease with you and that you just love him to death. They certainly are loveable dogs. Lacee is my shadow. Lacee says WOOF!!

ledom, no, I hadn't heard of the discovery of the Ivory Billed Woodpecker. What a find! He must feel so good about discovering it. That is great news. Don't feel too bad about the way your diet has been going. I've been down that road myself and I'm just getting back on track, slowly. I have started my walking w/weights tapes again. I've only done it for a few days and I already feel the difference. You'll get there. You just have to find something you really enjoy doing. Your vacation is getting closer. I bet you can't wait. Glad that your DD is better.
I have discovered of all things, Polenta. I made a Polenta Enchilada dish a few weeks ago and it was delicious. I also found on the internet a Polenta Lasagna recipe and a Mexican recipe, which I am definitely going to make.

Hey judi :wave: Are you still on Atkins?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, ladies.

LaDean
04-30-2005, 05:43 PM
Hey so glad you 2 came in... Ledom never heard of the bird either.... sounds interesting and good finding it. know that made him happy. neat someone you know also. your trios sound so fun.. you will get back on your plan. i wish i planned meals more ahead. i think i would do better. still in leeway and that is good. but i am going to start losing here again and get goal changed and lose more. oh so glad lacee is doing good. yes enjoying. he was with a cat i know. as he sees neighbor ones and wants to be with them. ledom know you enjoy yours so much.. when little i have lots of pictures from mothers and i always had a cat in my hands. ha well hey have a good day. Hope judi is doing ok and all. LaDean

ledom
05-01-2005, 02:07 PM
LaDean, when I was a little girl my grandma had barn cats. My cousins and I would spend hours trying to catch the little wild kittens. One of my favorite pictures of me as a child is my cousin and I holding cats in front of her house. I have on the majorette costume another cousin gave me.

Ah Alice, the thing of it is - I know my plan. I just need to do it. I have been telling myself May 1 would be a good restart date. Well, it's here. Let's see if I can get myself together with diet and exercise now. So far so good today, but then it is only noon!

judi - I hope you are well. Check in when you get a chance.

LaDean
05-01-2005, 09:26 PM
oh i know. i have always had the love of cats. just had dogs since married and no cats. You will get your plan in act again. good thing is its still there and we go for it. we do not give up completly and let ourselfes go. have a good day to all of you.. LaDean

LaDean
05-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Aleka, Ledom and Judi.. I WISH ALL OF YOU A HAPPY MOTHERS DAY.. WOOF FROM BEAU LACEE. he got out of bed this am when i got up. ran to our daughters room and under covers. its like he knows its raining out side. ha ITs going to be a lazy one around here. i said i just wanted Pizza. we went out last nite with my brother and wife for steak dinner the firemans ball. was nice and lots there. so had a good time. so back to eating plan monday. ha i am allowing for t hought. have a good day all of you. LaDean

LaDean
05-12-2005, 04:23 PM
guess everyone is busy. hope that is all it is. i am having a good day. walked beau to park and pass it. h ad a good one.going to get my hair cut here pretty soon. scales are looking good. so all in all its going great. i got my goal all figured out and changing it. so that is promising. to get down some more wt. well good luck to all and hope the 3 of you are having a good week. LaDean woofffff lacee from beau and to all the kitties out there. ha

ledom
05-13-2005, 09:39 AM
Good morning all. LaDean, thanks for keeping our thread alive.

School is all but out. I have to attend graduation tomorrow and that's it! Until January! Well, a few more details like ordering supplies for my replacement, cleaning up a little more, but that won't be bad and will be on my own timetable more or less. The mini-semester starts Monday so I'll be there taking a class and think I'll be able to wind up everything while I am down there for the class. That's my goal anyway.

So, for the last 3 days I have been home and am working my way back to good eating and exercise habits. Some damage was done, but I am not looking back.

Alice and Judi - how are you guys doing? Any exciting plans for the summer girls?

LaDean
05-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Ledom. so glad your here i was feeling alone. ha ha glad your term is almost over and your getting all ready for summer and all. ha glad your back to your plan and that sounds great. i am doing good. weigh in this am. but my scales look good. i been walking beau twice daily. as far as my morning walks with friend been lazy. this monday is last for dance till fall. so got to just practice with it and keep it up. i been on my abb thing with sit ups for the middle. getting more done on that each day. and i can tell its helping. good luck and have a great day.

Aleka and Judi... hey gals hope its just busy is all. hope plans are still going good. my atkins is. got to get back to lower carbs with it though. been adding and not losing as much. want to lose 30 more lbs so just taking it in smaller goals and then if i like me i will stop. have a good one. LaDean

ledom
05-18-2005, 08:25 AM
How is everyone?

Just wanted to report in. I am back on my plan. Which right now is walking 3 miles a day, eating lots of fresh fruit, practicing portion control. It seems to be working - at the least I am feeling better, not so sluggish.

My class is fun so far. It is hard to believe I voluntarily am going back to school for 2 extra weeks but I don't think I'll be sorry I did. DD has returned to a more even keel in the last couple of weeks and that is making everything better.

Yesterday I made all my trip reservations for a early July trip to Santa Fe. I am even going to the Santa Fe Opera this year. I got so excited about the trip as I was making all the arrangements. DD is going with me, we deserve a good vacation!

aleka
05-18-2005, 09:09 AM
Good morning,

ledom, HURRAY!!! Good for you on finding your plan. :bravo: Walking 3 miles a day is great. Keep it up! Have you gone back to eating the BFL way? I hate to say it, but I stopped going to WW. There were a couple of weeks I was unable to go to WW due to waiting for either a repairman or delivery person. I lost my motivation not to mention having to pay for missed meetings. I am now back to exercising, working my way to walking 3 miles. I'm doing a walking tape because it's getting rather warm down here and more humid. I can walk in A/C comfort. ;) I have a lot of low calorie cookbooks, so I'm still eating low calorie meals. Glad that you're liking your classes and that your DD is starting to feel better. That's wonderful you're going to Sante Fe in July. I know how much you love it there.

LaDean, glad Atkins is still working well for you. It will be trial and error before you find your right balance of carbs. Lacee says WOOF to Beau.

judi, whatcha been up to? Are you still on Atkins?

Enjoy your day.

LaDean
05-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Ledom, so happy your back to your plan and walking that is great. keep it up. oh a trip how fun. is so neat you go on them and all.

Aleka , glad your getting on a plan for you. we all have to find what is right. I know i am going to have a time with the carbs . but its good for me. so back to the lower ones now. want to lose some more wt. if only if would dry out some so could get the garden plowed and even ready to put in soon. so short a season as it is and now this. oh well at least i can taste those vegies. ha beau drags me on a walk. so i do keep up a good pace that helps me alot. doing more of day on my abb sit up thing. dance is over. some of us in class are going to a dance sat nite. just for fun. our teacher is going to teach the lesson they do when they have them. so he kinda wanted us to go so he could tell all the members about his class here and all. so will be fun. its poring this am. so hope it takes a break before beau gets up. hes not a rain lover at all. ha tuffy was not also. so we keep watching and try to make one. got caught one day and soaked. ha beau says thats lacee wooooffffff to you to

Hey Judi.... where are you?????? miss you. is it still the atkins for you? have you set an carb amt yet/???? i did gained some so back to low ones.

good luck and have a great day to all.

ledom
05-19-2005, 10:47 PM
Good evening. Alice, not I am not really eating BFL though I am eating small portions of food 6 times a day. I am eating intuitively now. Keeping healthy things on hand but not paying attention so much to proportions of carbs and protein. I am enjoying fresh strawberries (state grown), cantaloupe and pears, I have rediscovered pinto beans and brown rice w/ some salsa and lowfat sour cream. Really loving the simple taste of that. Sometimes I might just eat a piece of fruit for one of the 6 times. I have dropped about 4 lbs. but am trying to weigh just once a week. Taking this class has been a good thing because there isn't time to think about 5 beyond a handful of almonds and raisins for about 5 hours. I am feeling relaxed but like I am doing good. I am walking 1.50 miles in the a.m. and again in the p.m. It takes about 32 minutes each time so I am exercising a little over an hour a day. I'd like to add weights when the class is over but we'll wait and see.

You WW experience sounds like mine. That always happened to me, never was able to make headway with WW. I have lost a lot of weight twice in my life. The first was in high school when I just watched what I ate and had the same thing everyday. I remember my supper was a grilled steak or burger, salad and baked potato, half and sandwich at lunch, cookies or cereal for breakfast, surely I had some fruit or something else too. And then in the early 80's w/ diet center. The first weight loss lasted a good while, until college. Diet Center, until I got pregnant.

Have you been walking LaDean. Sounds like Beau is helping you keep active!

Judi - how's the grandson?

aleka
05-20-2005, 08:24 AM
Good morning,

ledom, 4 lbs. is great!! Congratulations!!! Keep it up, girl. :bravo: I've been doing some reading on the subject and a lot of people have lost weight just by relaxing a bit, not worrying about food and doing exercises that they like to do. They eat when they're hungry and stop when they're no longer hungry. I am going to try that approach and not worry so much about food. I'm tired of being obsessed with what I do or don't eat. It's going to take me a while to undo a diet mentality, but I will do it. Speaking of your food discovery. I have found these low-carb tortillas, the only reason I do eat them is that they're whole-wheat, low calorie, and high in fiber. Anyhoo, I spread some fat-free refried beans and sprinkle some low-fat cheese on them, then nuke them until the cheese melts. I then put on a little salsa and fat-free sour cream. They are so good. Even DH loves them. I usually have one for lunch.

LaDean, glad Beau is taking you for walks. ;) It's too hot down here now for Lacee to walk. She really loves to walk too. Hope you have a great time Sat. night and dance up a storm!

LaDean
05-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Ledom yehhhhh for such a good loss. good for you. so happy. yes your right sometimes we worry to mucha bout our eating. so if we just forget and do it then its better i think to. oh the beans and all sound good. glad things are going good. with you to aleka. i like the shells whole wheat ones. can have them on my plan eat sandwitches with them. i put in a skillet and brown them slap the bacon tomatoes and all on them. yummmmmmy. or even egg or tuna salad , hey girls sounds like things are going great. yes beau is still walking or should i say dragging me. ha ha sometimes he just walks and is nice. ha he hates rain. we have rain out when it quits and yesterday was lucky to miss it. so that was good. oh i know when it gets hot i cannot be out either. so taking advantage of it now. summer just later walks here. but i know there its hot all nite i guess. so all is good this Oregon way. Hey Judi..... where you be?????? been missing you. are you still with the atkins. i have gotten back on it little more careful... have a good day to all of you and a great weekend. LaDean

ledom
05-28-2005, 08:24 AM
Morning girls, it's the beginning of the Memorial Day weekend. Do you all have plans? I am celebrating because my class is over and sabbatical time has officially begun. My class was good. I am really glad I took it. I learned good information but on reflection I think the best thing about it was putting myself back in the student role. It helped remind me of what it is like for my students - how it feels to be a student with deadlines and learning something challenging. It was intimidating to be in a class with people half my age and also either bound to me my student sometime in the future, one had already had my class. I felt pressure to be really good at the work - whereas in reality those kids have much more facility with complicated computer software. But I don't think I embarrassed myself to bad and by the end of the two weeks we were just all in it together. So all in all it was a good experience. I am glad it is over but at the same time I'll miss going a little on Monday morning.

I am going kayaking w/ a good friend this morning. I have a couple more trips planned a week and a half into June. DD is planning a big painting project here at the house and I am planning to "find myself" artistically. I am looking forward to the next few months.

LaDean
05-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Hi, was wondering where everyone was. i am glad the class was good and all worked out. sounds like fun. and your trips oh how exciting. good for you. i have been doing pretty good on my plan and exercise. got to get with it more strick though. this week will do. joining another tops group. they meet on wed. evening and i am on friday am's. so this will help me i think. 2 other gals are to. just not getting the inthusium from our group. so i just decided a change would be good. get to be like a big family and do not care to gain of week or anything. oh well i am going for it. good luck to all of you and have a nice memorial day. no plans here. getting garden in now. that is exciting for us. finally it dried out enough and all. so that time of year. LaDean

LaDean
05-29-2005, 11:20 PM
sunday hi. i wish all of you a nice MEMORIAL DAY.. had a bbq at my brothers and families today.was fun. tomorrow just a day of rest. we are not out on road on holidays. just walked beau so did get that exercise. do it several times day. we had a long walk to park. but in am i plan to be up and about and get my walk in with my friend. been lazy with that. been doing my pullups. tummy is getting better. ha i am changing tops groups to a evening one. better for me. i just need a change now. and this has a more inthusium group and all. so i need that now. still even though i have reached goal i have another goal set. so losing more. i know alot of the gals so will be fun to. i hope all of you are doing great with plans. missing you judi and aleka.. hey judi still on atkins??? how many carbs now???? its back to low here. been doing ok. this new group meets on wednesday evenings. i like that to. well good luck to all. LaDean

LaDean
05-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Ledom, Aleka and Judi... i wish you a nice MEMORIAL DAY. also a good eating day. we do not have any plans. did it yesterday and i never even had cake. so i was proud of me. Judi missing you and you to aleka. hope its just busy and fun...LaDean

LaDean
06-03-2005, 01:37 AM
OH WHERE OH WHERE HAS ALEKA, LEDOM AND JUDI GONE. OH WHERE OH WHERE??????? I MISS THEM SO VERY MUCH. I HOPE I SEE YOU BACK SOON. HEY GIRLS I MISS OUR SHARING... COME BACK SOON... beau says wooffffffff . hes giving his mom lots of exercise. its 2 walks to park and up road now. hes tired of fooling around. and wooffff she walks fast to. ha my eating plan is good to. i have some exciting news to I am joining another tops group in town. i needed a change and its a larger group and they are wanting to lose and full of inthusium. i needed something. so i will turn in my things as i am wt recorder in the am. i am also tired of being an officer. but no one wants it. you have to have one who knows to be it to. so my assistant knows it and all. another gal is leaving to. this is a nite one to. i am tired of going early mornings. had to as wt recorder and all. so i am just all excited and so sharing it even though no one is here. been exercising and all. so good luck to all of you. Hey Judi i am also going to start the south beach tomorrow. its so similiar to the atkins. so going for it again. this is going to be a complete change . i am lowering my goal see so have to get with it. this is my time of year i lose so want to get rest of before fall. good luck to all of you. misssss syouuuuuu come back soon.. LaDean

ledom
06-05-2005, 11:26 AM
I started us a new summer plan thread - check there.