General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 06:14 PM   #31  

Thumbs up Wed.

Hi everyone!!

Sorry about the Boston LaDean. You would have given it a wonderful home. Out here on the west coast of Canada you would never get a Boston like that. They are rare, my D. had to go to Sask. for hers (2 provinces away).

I was thrilled to get our Himalayan cat for free (not totally free because adoption fee was a 100 bucks) but they are usually about $325 out here. She is turning into such a precious pet too.

I derailed myself Atkins wise and had Easter bread (I made a Kulich, a Russian type Easter bread). I think I have that out of my system now. I have been up and down the same pound all this month. I added fruit (apples and oranges) I was missing them so much. Even if it was only 1 a day it was still to much for weight loss. Also even if I haven't eaten many carbs I am starting to feel tired and listless so I want to get back on.

I bought a new two week Atkins book on Induction...tomorrow I am starting (already had a humungous apple today) and will do it religiously. Promise myself.

We had a wonderful Easter weekend. The kids were here and the baby was so much fun. His great grandmother made him a white terry towel robe and it was kind of long...anyway he was walking around in it and my DH thought he looked like someone who lifted a robe from the Marriott or some other place, it was a hoot. He can't eat candy so I bought him just a HUGE stuffed Easter bunny. My D stayed an extra day so it was nice.

Glad you had a chance for R&R Ledom.

Hi Alice, how is it going?

That is about it for news here.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:14 AM   #32  

Hi, thanks judi. i even called monday nite on it. thought maybe she was gone easter and all. but no luck. after 10 calls i would think she could call and say. but never. oh well. when its time it will be. Oh there rare here to. that is why people grab them right up. to sell them and all. is sad. oh i am so glad your cat is adjusting and all. there our babies for sure. glad your easter was a good one. i tryed to stick to it. got into the chocolate candies of grandbabies. so went off little bit. talking about fruit that is what i did. was so hungry for oranges ate and ate them. like one a day. but fruit has always made me gain and i figured i was in trouble. well i was. went and gained 4 lbs. so now got it off and so happy with me. this is 3rd day back on introduction and being good and i mean good. seems after the 3rd day its easy for me. was sick with a stomach flu monday and tuesday. but better today. Gods way to of saying hey get with it. ha so i did. had my line dance monday nite and felt so good. love that and good exercise. then we had 3 fir trees fell on garden spot. it needed some sun. so he had them cut. well we burn wood so i went out today and helped hubby load it on truck and dump it on drive way out back to dry out. so i got my exercise believe me. we use to be in wood business and i did ok. so has been awhile sure could tell it,. not to bad though. but morning will tell. ha i love to be out in fresh air. no rain today but is on way again. hey so glad you had fun with the grandbaby and that d stayed longer and all. the robe thing so cute. well glad your back with introduction also. ihave the cassetts and cd so listen to it some. have the atkins kit to its helpful and 2 books. but i feel this plan worked as i was into it alot. ha

aleka and Ledom glad things are going good your way. have a good week to all.LaDean
Old 03-31-2005, 08:44 AM   #33  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Morning all- I have finally gotten myself back in the groove. I could just feel myself getting fatter and my clothes were getting tight. Been a while since I had such a bad slip and I don't know why I let myself go so. I am back to my 6 small meals a day.

On the home front - DD withdrew from school for this semester. She just kept getting worse. We are working really had to get her back on track. I am taking 3 days off work this week to be with her. We have gotten her some outside help. We have watched a lot of movies as it seems to be the one thing she can do without feeling worse. Yesterday went to a botanical garden and walked. Spring has sprung here, tulips in bloom as well as red bud and dogwood trees. It is getting quite warm as well, almost 80 yesterday.

I have been walking both on treadmill and outside. No weightlifting at the moment but I am trying for 2 miles a day.

I did get to go camping and paddling last Thursday. It was a lot of fun.

LaDean I know there is a doggie out there for you. Just keep looking.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:58 AM   #34  

Good almost afternoon,

I'm back on track. I joined Weight Watchers yesterday. I just can't stand the way my clothes feel anymore and I don't want to go up another size.

LaDean, I'm so sorry you didn't get the Boston. There is another one out there waiting for you to give it some much needed love. I truly believe everything happens for a reason. Glad that you're back on track. You've done very well since you went back to induction.

ledom, glad that you're doing well too. It seems we all have our determination back. Hope your DD is feeling better soon.

judi, how is induction coming along? Glad you had a nice Easter with your DD and grandson.

Have a great afternoon.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:59 PM   #35  

Aleka, hey good to see you this morning and lacee to. thanks. yes i gave it to God like i do everything in my life now. I know that was meant to be and there will be more chances in time. i have a phone bill now of calling. but its worth it. ha ha Just had to keep trying. I am so happy you have joined ww again. you will do good you have before with ww. its so neat now we each have our plans and doing it all together. that is what helps me. I got up this am and at my goal again. now to keep it there and below i hope tomorrow morning. i can do it. thursdays are always not eat much for me before weigh in day. so i can do this. yes going back to introduction has been good. as i started adding oranges. knowing there higher in all. but had wanted one for so long. well the change sure did it. just up 4 lbs but to much. glad i got it in right direction now . never wanted to gain anymore back. to hard to get it off again. lacee has kiss from me. ha ha

Judi,,,, hey hows introduction again coming along/??? its so werid start adding the carbs and scales start going forward to. but we are moving forward and that is the good thing. we are getting it done. have a great day

Ledom. hey hope your day is going good. i am so happy to have you gals to share with. its sure helped me.

ALL OF YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY. LaDean
Old 04-01-2005, 03:18 PM   #36  

Aleka, judi and Ledom. hey gals get out your dancing shoes. its pary time. and of course you to lacee and all the cats. I reached my Goal this am. and i even went a lb under it. so now how about that. believe me i have worked my buttttt off for this. ha ha thanks to all of you. i did it with your help and all. love our board here and sharing and all. so good to know we all have our plans and we are doing it together. my tops group was just screaming and clapping hands we were today. i am so happy. i know now how to do it and i plan to not blow it again. i have to leave the fruit alone and i know this now. i got into oranges and i love fruit. but hey if i can leave sugar, and starches and all alone. i can surly do this. got off my chips and did that to. so going to be good. ha dance on monday nites helps alot and my walking. got on cardio glider yesterday. so nice and warm out. its on the patio. i even got a walk in. so i am with it..... glad I have you to be with it with me. ha ha Hey Lacee a big Kisssssss from me. ha LaDean
Old 04-01-2005, 04:31 PM   #37  

LaDean, Congratulations!!! . That must've made you feel so good when everyone was clapping for you. Good for you!!! Now you know what you can and cannot eat. I'm going to get my dancing shoes!!

Hey judi, ledom.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:24 PM   #38  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

You're an inspiration LaDean! Congratulations.

And Alice, love your avatar - you are going native it looks like.

Judi - glad you got to have quality time w/ your family over Easter. I hope all is well with you.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:57 AM   #39  

Aleka, thanks so very much. hey l love the new look. but sit lacee out there to. i miss her on here. ha ha yes when the time comes i will have another. Yes i was so happy yesterday. i celebrated to. i had not had cooked beans since last july i started the atkins. so i had some. well oh myyyyyy the scales this am. so yes i know what i can and not have. so its back to the WHIP today for sure. got to be good and walk a straight line. ha so happy aleka your back with your ww. that is great. we just have to get that plan and go for it. good for you Judi and Ledom also. thanks so much for being here for me. i am glad you both have the plans to. i am back to strick introduction this morning Judi. well hey have a great weekend. LaDean
Old 04-04-2005, 08:34 AM   #40  

Good morning,

Hope you all had a nice weekend. We had some storms come through Sat. morning that cooled things off considerably. I was back in my jeans and a jacket. Each day it's supposed to warm up more.

Those pink flamingos are a joke housewarming gift my girlfriend gave me when she came to visit. I've named them Harry & David after our favorite gourmet store.

LaDean, glad you had some beans. I'm trying to get Lacee to pose next to the flamingos with DH taking the photo. But, as soon as I move, so does she. Next time we're going to try doing it the other way around. So, you may get your wish.

ledom, judi, hope things are going well with the both of you.

Old 04-04-2005, 02:53 PM   #41  

Aleka, oh how cute. i hope you get one of her with them. sure miss her of day .ha ha just give her a kiss for me ok. i am looking for an adult one. got some shelters down closer to. so theres always hope. when its meant to be it will be. I am so happy all is going good your way. yes had those darn beans. ha ha and scales went forward. but i am on a new day. so got them out of my mind now. ha back to regular things on plan.

Ledom and Judi. hope plans are going good

I wish all a good new day now. LaDean
Old 04-06-2005, 12:30 PM   #42  

HI GALS!!!

First of all, WAY TO GO >>>GETTING TO YOUR GOAL!!Look at you LaDean!
Old 04-06-2005, 12:38 PM   #43  

Default still more judi

I too love those flamingos Alice! Good for you going back to WW. I am SO tempted by WW because I miss fruit so much but it is such a battle for me with the cravings that will be fanned by the carbs.

I am down three pounds more because of induction...I am on day 6.

Sorry to hear about your D. Ledom...I know mine went thru quite a spell and it was terrifying at the time but she is totally fine now so they DO come out of these rough spots.

I spent yesterday babysitting...it was such fun. I am a natural for being a grandma...that is for sure.

I have been feeling quite energetic, so I have changed the furniture around in some rooms and it makes me feel like I am living in a new place

We are having a nice spring here...it has been raining but that is ok...since it is so much brighter and the flowers are up.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:32 PM   #44  

Judi, thanks so much. yes i am a happy one to be back down there. blew the weekend adding wrong carbs even though not over did. i guess i am going to have to get strick and back to introduction. am today. its so hard to start adding carbs. so after SRD and i graduate in couple weeks. i am going to set an amt and go for it. maybe if i do and stick to that for while it will start doing something. cept i gained 4 lbs and got off goal when i did. so i am nervous to do it. oh well i may just have to go. glad all is going good your way and that the introduction is helping you..

aleka and Ledom....good luck to the both of you. we all have our plans so that is great. we will do it.LaDean
Old 04-08-2005, 08:46 AM   #45  

TGIF!

judi, WW is a fairly healthy program to follow. The only thing I don't agree with them on, is fat-free everything. I am studying the Core plan to see if it's something I will want to do in a week or so. We can change plans as often as we want, but you have to stick with whatever plan you choose for 1 week. Is fruit a trigger food for you?

LaDean, after a lot of trial and error, you will find the right balance of carbs for you.

Hey ledom, how are things going for you?

Have a good weekend.
Closed Thread