Support Groups - Battle of the Bulge #13

View Full Version : Battle of the Bulge #13

Crime girl
02-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Good morning everyone!!
Here is the new thread...
As always-
Monday- support day and a good day for tips on staying motivated

Tuesday- support day and a good day for reasons why we want to lose- I think that keeps us motivated more than anything when we reexamine why we want to lose..

Wednesday- "what have I been eating all week day" and I want to start trying to get everyone to share quick recipes or tips on cooking that work for them.

Thursday- "what I have done to move my bootie day" and I want to get everyone to start giving us an idea on how they work exercise into their lives and the things they enjoy doing.

Friday- support and influence day- lets make this a day we talk about anything or anyone that influenced our weight loss for the week- things like friends giving bad foods or a partner that supported our efforts.

Saturday- recap day- lets talk about the things we thought worked for us for the week and those that didn't- this might help us see where we strayed and where we stood firm.

Sunday- weigh in day and reaffirm goal day- give us an idea of your goals for the week, month, and long term.

Have a great day everyone!

stormy1
02-27-2005, 02:33 PM
Where is everyone? Busy, I guess.

Well my goals are to lose about 20 pounds by May 12 (vacation!!!). I plan on eating healthy this week and exercising each day.

I am driving up to school this weekend. 7.5 hours! So if I can make it from Thurs-Sun without eating too much that will be an accomplishment.

Well I must go now. Time for school work!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

redballoon
02-27-2005, 05:12 PM
Good morning! Thanks for the new thread Crime Girl. So glad to have you back. Stormy, hi there. Glad you're still with us. Don't know where everyone is. It's lonely around here these days. Guess the novelty wears off for people. But that's just it, isn't it? This is a constant thing, and so frustrating when you don't see progress, as I don't. I weighed in yesterday the highest I've been this year and I've been off sugar since Feb. 9. Now, that's GOT to be good for a ton of calories and yet not only do I not lose weight, I gain. No, it's not fair. The deprivation, for what? I mean, how will I ever, ever lose say, 40 lbs? I don't know, it just makes me want to cry, as do so many things in my cruddy life right now. Sorry, but I can't get inspired when things are so bad. Yeah, sure, they could be worse, but . . . oh well, I guess one thing I shouldn't do is keep trying, at least not whatever it is I'Ve been doing. Will have to rethink things. Good luck this week Stormy! Others, get your butts in here and talk to us!

Crime girl
02-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Hi everyone!
Day One of my struggle-
I am doing pretty good today- not great but better so I am looking at that as a victory. My weight is up to 292 so I am petrified of pushing into 300 so that will be my motivation to get off my butt. :D

Stormy- School this weekend huh? No prob for you- you were great last time you went. You will do just as well this time I am sure. Are you ready for class? Got everything done? I am trying hard to get my work done for Tuesday but I am still fixated on my grade which I will get Tuesday night. I am so nervous but I am trying to talk myself down because there is nothing at all I can do at this point to make my grade better. Just have to wait, pray, and have faith that it will all work out.
You asked me awhile back if I have a countdown of days and I don't. I am scared if I count them I will see just how many days I have to write a huge paper for the end of the semester. It counts as 75% of my grade so naturally it worries me. Anyway- C'est la vie!

Red- I am here and thanks for the warm welcome. Don't be discouraged. Rome was not built in a day. Your weight loss will catch up with your effort if you keep at it. It will be OK. I think the fact you gave up sweets is admirable and you should keep it up because frankly sugar does nothing good for you. If you aren't seeing it in weight loss I bet you are feeling it in everyday life. You have got to be feeling better. ;)
Despite all that-don't be so hard on yourself. You have had a rough couple of weeks and the conditions at work -I know- are not making things easy for you. In case you can't tell yourself this - I will tell you - I am proud of you! You are keeping it together when others wouldn't be able to. You are such a strong person that I know there is nothing that you can not handle.

Red's horoscope-Your life is slowly turning in a new direction. Stay out of the way of your own progress and prepare for sunnier skies ahead. You will encounter a kindered spirit in the days to come.

Okay everyone- I don't know where everyone is today but I miss you guys and hope you hop on soon to chat.
Need to go finish my reading for today! Back later- so considered yourself warned. :lol:

redballoon
02-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Ah, Crime Girl, thanks so much for the words of encouragement AND the horoscope. I really like it. "Stay out of the way of my own progress" Great stuff. Well, they all say I'm strong. I am. Sometimes too strong for my own good I think but then again, if I would just USE that strength instead of cursing it. . .

Look at you, discouraged yourself, yet coming in here to encourage us. I know the weight gain must be making you feel down but don't. It's nothing much. You can get that off in no time. Yes, don't count down. It may scare you. Just take each day one at a time with the weight loss plans. You can do this. If you can I will keep trying too! :) And I have been really frustrated to tears, along with all the other tears. How can I possibly be retaining any water when I seem to lose so much water?! ;)

You're right about the sugar. I DO feel better without it, at least physically AND I have these little moments of get this -- HAPPY feelings!! Yes, I remember those from before when I was off sugar. It must be something to do with some seratonin or something but whatever it is, I LIKE it! And I'm a lot calmer. I think everyone will like me better too, especially the guys. They just don't understand edginess, which I can be good out. Calm with little bites. Well, I still get my jokes out there but they are somehow gentler. I think it's the absence of sugar barbs!

OK, got work to do here before I go to the office. Crime Girl, I really missed you! So glad you're back. Come on, you/we can do this! :cheer:

Crime girl
02-27-2005, 09:04 PM
Red-
Hey!
Glad you responded! Where is everyone anyway? Have they given up on us?

How are things with you? You can never be too strong by the way. It is just being able to recognize it and use it to your advantage that is the key. You can do it! I know you can because what you have already given up is remarkable. I couldn't imagine giving up sugar although I probably should since I am diabetic. It is so easy to forget that sometimes and ignore it and hope it goes away. I know it won't but sometimes I like to pretend it will. I will learn my lesson some day.
I am currently working on research and listening to the Oscars in the background. The funny part is I think I have seen maybe one movie that is nominated. Everyone is talking about Million Dollar Baby and Sideways and I don't think I even know what those movies are about. ;)

Okay I better get back to it! Talk to ya later!

stormy1
02-28-2005, 01:31 AM
Well Red and CG you two are the only ones around.

I hope everyone is okay and not feeling too disccouraged. We are all so busy but we need to continue to support each other. I know in my case I tend to let healthy eating slip when I am so busy. So I hope this week everyone has a chance to regroup.

Red, keep fighting the fight. It will come. You have to be inspired, there is nothing worse than being unmotivated! This sugar thing must be hard for you. I can not imagine! Your hard work will pay off eventually. How are you doing? How are your cats doing adjusting to life without Tetchan?

CG-school is about to drive me nuts. I am sure that you did fine on your paper. It will all be over before you know it! Good luck with everything this week!

redballoon
02-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Hi guys. Is it just Crime Girl and Stormy? Well, that's OK, if it is. Three's a party! Back from work. In bed soon. Whoops, cat just turned off the heater. . .

By the way, today was my 20th day without sugar, nuts, and my two other favorite nonsugar food pacifiers. :cp: Hurrah for me!

Yes, stormy, it has been tough but not that bad really. It's the hardest when I'm feeling hurt or anxious, irritated or angry. The latter too don't happen that often, the first two more. When I'm sad I tend not to want to eat at all and so, since I've been pretty sad the past week, the challenge was made easier perhaps.

Thanks for asking about Tetchan. I miss him so much. Though I couldn't hold him and cuddle him because he was always blowing snot around I really loved him. He was so quiet and good, so cute and affectionate too. I had saved his life once and I always felt he was trying to be so good for me. It made me sad to think that he must have thought I didn't want to hold him. That's why I tried to hold him when I was getting ready to shower because he really did smell bad. I think he still had brain damage from the car accident and didn't groom well. One of the other cats, Nozomi, would often wash him. I don't know if she misses him. I think she may. It's her second playmate who has died. The other two cats are older and don't want to play. She does seem to be looking to see if he'll come in the cat door. A neighbor lady had given me a little house for them just last week and Nozomi and Tetchan would sleep in there together. That's where he was the morning I left and that night found him dead. Just tonight, I paid the rent and the landlady asked about the cats. I told her about the one dying and she was sweet. Said I had always given them so much affection. I guess she could hear me talking to them outside when I came home. Tetchan would always wait for me outside or immediately come to the door along with Nozomi to welcome me. The landlady said she would pray for him, which was so sweet of her. I'm not even supposed to have cats! Well, now I'm crying but good again. . . Oh well, used to that.

Yes, I'll try to keep fighting. Today my face looked much thinner and though the scale hasn't moved much my face does seem thinner so maybe I'm losing weight somewhere. The pants check was better than the beginning, but worse than the best. Giving up sugar and nuts is big. It has to be. I think if I just keep tweaking I should see some results.

You mention school, stormy, do you have to study all during the week as well? While you're working? and then drive up for classes every weekend? What is it that is driving you nuts? Sorry, if you've already said but I forget these things.

Good luck on the eating healthy. How about exercise? Getting any? Well, good luck! :strong:

Crime Girl, yes, I never heard of any of the movies 'cept Aviator but that's usual because they aren't even here yet. I think Aviator just came though. Besides, I never go to the theater, always just watch things on video. I was looking at all the pictures coming in over the wire at work today, however. The dresses were so pretty. We were critiquing everyone. It was great fun. I figure this is the price they pay for being rich and famous. We common folk get to tear them apart! :lol: Million Dollar Baby is a boxing drama apparently, by the way, though you probably know that by now. Hilary Swank plays a boxer. I'd never heard of her but then I read she was in Boys Don't Cry, a sad film. She played the girl who was a transgender or transvestite, I'm not sure which. But that was 6 years ago. I thought Cate Blanchett looked great in her classic pale yellow gown. I like her. She's a real actress, with talent.

Well, CG, thanks for the encouragement as usual. I forgot you were diabetic too. Wow. That's tough. Do you have to get insulin shots? What is involved in taking care of yourself as far as the diabetes is concerned if I may ask?

Well, I have to go now. I wish you productive studying, good choices on your eating, some exercise to reward the body after the mind's been on overdrive!

Look forward to hearing from you all again! Ciao tutti!

Crime girl
02-28-2005, 09:38 AM
Hi guys!
I am with you- if it is just us that is fine but I do wonder where all the others are. I miss talking to everyone.

I just got up this morning and I am going to attempt to do no harm today. That is my goal. Just do no harm and try to exercise today. I think that would be a great start. I have to study for most of today and get ready for class tomorrow. I had the worst dreams last night- more dreams about failing that test that I need to pass to keep things in line for graduation. I think I am going to feel stress until I get it back and know I am okay for now. (that is if I am okay). I feel pretty good about the test but who knows how I did- we get compared against our peers so it also depends on how everyone else did. We will see.

Stormy- I am sorry school is driving you nuts. I can understand and I feel for you. Hang in there! Just keep trying to remind yourself why you are doing this- in the end it will be such a benefit for you. All this hard work will be worth it in the end. Are you working on a big project or paper?
As for food this weekend- you will do great I know. You did such a great job last time you went out of town and I know you will this time too. :D

Red- Your landlord is so sweet- I think it is so kind that she was so nice even though you are not suppose to have cats. She must see what what we see- that you are so kind and loving to your pets. It was so sad though what you said about poor Nozomi- I hate to think she might be looking for Tetchan. Poor kitty! Is she adjusting okay and clinging more to other cats or going it alone?
As for your battle- I am betting that the weight will reflect your struggle in the end. It may not be showing in your weight right now but over time it will catch up. We need to get you out of the bars now- all those empty calories. Are you still going out with the guys? That can really mess up your metabolism and make you gain weight.
As for me- I am not on insulin or meds yet- I say yet because if I continue to gain weight I will end up first on meds then on insulin. I am so scared that will happen. I need to write that on big letters and put it on my mirror so I have to look at what can happen if I dont get it together.
By the way-I am watching the morning shows on the Oscars. Million Dollar Baby just opened here not too long ago but I havent had a chance to see it yet. Sideways is only playing at the crappy theater so I will wait for it to come out on video. Ray I skipped because it just didnt look interesting. I did see Hitch this past weekend (although it didnt get nominated for anything). It was really funny! You should see it if it comes there. I like Will Smith though.

Red's horoscope- Today will be a special day for you. Stand back because change is on it's way. The path you seek is right in front of you so begin your journey.

Okay- I need to go. I need to make some phone calls and hit the library.
I hope you all have a great day!

stormy1
02-28-2005, 10:20 AM
Red, I am sorry that I made you cry again. I am so sad for you. You are so sweet and caring. I am so happy that you have gone 20 days without it. They say that after six weeks or so you should start seeing results. Don't you hate it when you lose weight in your face and no where else? I always lose weight there first. Your face can only get so thin so it will start coming off in other places soon. Yes, I do have to study all week. Basically, I work full time and I am taking 11 hours at schools. So when I get home I then study until 1 or 2 AM. I know that it is crazy, but it is just like me to do something this crazy. I have the type of personality that works best under pressure.

CG-we are so glad that you are checking in more often. I know how it is to dream about school. It is like to can't get away from it. Often I dream about it and I am hoping that my dreams do not confuse me. I remember when I took cadavor anatomy. I would dream about each muscle, nerve, etc and I was so worried that I was learning the material wrong in my sleep. I finished all of my research that is due this weekend. Tonight I have to start studying. Our semester is everyother weekend (6 weekends in total) over 12 weeks. So this weekend is weekend 5. This is when it gets hard for me b/c I just do not have enough time to get everything done. However, I will pull through. I'll be thinking and praying for you for your results Tues night.

NBK, are you feeling any better? I am worried about you. GH, where are you? Sub Prin, how are you? Shan, are you okay? Everyone...come back and play!

Well I hope everyone has an excellent day. Inspire Greatness today!

shanberg
02-28-2005, 10:57 AM
Hi, all! How is everyone?

I am sorry I can't post over the weekend. I don't have access at my house, so I have to wait until Monday to see what everyone has been up to.

As for me, I decided to relax over the weekend and not stress over dieting. I think I needed the break away from the worry and stressing. It seems to have worked out great! Saturday, I went to a birthday party. I didn't do good with the eating, but I wasn't trying to either. I did end up running around with a bunch of little kids and climbing all over the jungle-gym thing at the park we were at, though! On Sunday, I ate really, really good. I am now back at it 100% and ready to move forward and drop some more weight!!!

I am feeling a lot better than I was last week. I think I got overwhelmed with everything in general and just transferred that stress to weightloss. I mean, it is the easiest thing to blame and then give up on. But, I am now back and ready to move forward. I did jump on the scale this morning and, surprise-surprise, gained my two pounds back. I am once again at 260. So, my new goal is to lose two pounds per week for a total 4 pound loss for my bloodwork on Tues, the 14th. Then, I want to drop 2 more the week before my doctor's appointment. I think if I take it one week at a time and one day at a time, I will be able to meet those goals.

Red - Thanks again for your words of encouragement. I read what you said about sabatoging myself with food subconciously. I think you are right. As weird as it seems, food is really my enemy. I have to wage constant war against it. If I drop my vigilence for even a second it gets a foothold and I start fighting a retreat!

Glad you are doing so well with your not eating sugar. How are you doing that. Not eating anything with sugar? It seems like it would be extremely hard, since everything has sugar in it...

Don't stress the weight gain. Don't forget, you have been hitting the gym pretty hard. Plus, sometimes weight shifts around, which could also account for the gain..it just moved to a different place.

Crime Girl - Glad you are back. You seem to have gone through a soul search like I did. Best thing to do is go over what you have been doing and set up a strategy for what you will do next. I think we are a lot a like in that we both stress and obsess. I tend to obsess and worry about the smalles things! No matter how silly, I can turn it into a giant issue!!

Sorry to hear about your gain. My highest weight was 295. I had gone for my yearly physical and it was the first time I had been to the doctor in a year. When I stepped on that scale and the nurse kept moving the weight, I almost threw up right there. I am really tall...six feet even...so my weight was distributed in a way that made me look just overweight. Come to find out, I was obese!!! Boy, did that wake me up!!! I know how you feel!!!

Stormy - Thanks for the tip on the eating 250 extra calories. It definately puts things in a completely different perspective!!!

How was school. When I was in college, I drove 50 miles one way (for an hour) and I remeber thinking how horrible that was! I cannot even imagine driving for 7.5 hours!! Are you keeping up with your gas and mileage? I am thinking you could write that off on your taxes (if you itemize). I know I wrote mine off when I was going...counts as an education expense. Not sure about when you fly, but am thinking it should.

Anyway, will check back in later!

Tootles

redballoon
02-28-2005, 05:25 PM
Good morning everyone. Glad to see some more faces here. I am definitely coming down with something. I keep saying that I know but I always feel that way in the morning and it's settling in my chest. I usually feel better when I'm out of the room but I have not had my usual energy so I guess I'm just keeping things at bay. Friends have been hit with the flu right and left. I hope I don't get it. It gives you a high fever and knocks you out for about four days. But I am coughing a bit and congested. Oh well, nothing bad yet. Being off sugar really, really helps I know.

Shanberg -- good to hear from you again. I did remember you are away from the computer on weekends so figured that was why we hadn't heard from you. Wish you would get a computer for home soon! How can you stand to not have one? That said, if it weren't for a friend having given me this one I would have been hard put to get one, being as financially strapped as I am. Your weekend sounded nice. Don't sweat the birthday party. They are special and playing with the kids sounds like great fun and you surely got some good exercise in there. Glad to hear you're feeling better and, more importantly, are ready to come back and fight again. I would stay away from the scale, well, if it bothers you, but maybe it doesn't. You know 2 lbs means nothing. I was just reading about a sumo wrestler here yesterday and he weighs 162 kgs (356 lbs) and he said he weighs 166 kgs (365 lbs) after eating! So that's 9 lbs of food he's putting away! He doesn't really look fat either. He's very tall and carries the weight really well. Must be very strong. He's from Estonia, not Japanese. Anyhow, not to compare you to a sumo wrestler or anything, I was just saying, 2 lbs is nothing and could well be due to food or water or anything. Don't let the numbers bother you. Also, you've been moving around and remember muscle takes up far less room than fat so if you are adding muscle or even just toning up you could gain weight and still be more streamlined. Anyhow, glad if something I said helped. I guess it's not so much that food is the enemy, it's that we turn it into the enemy by allowing it into our lives (and mouths!!) in ways that are harmful. So, yes, I guess, in that way you could say it was our enemy. Sorry for the analysis here. This is my habit! :lol: You are right! You must be vigilant. As for my not eating sugar, it's not so tough now but that is ONLY because I am used to it. I have done this many times before now, was even off for a year! So, I don't want anyone to think that it's not hard and if they can't do it they must be losers or something. I'm just a veteran at it! In the beginning it took, as you say, constant vigilance and I was craving sugar. But I forced myself to see out really sweet fruit and I used to chew a lot of sugarless gum, but I realized the sweeteners were just prolonging my wanting the sweetness and a lot of that was mental. At first, I tried to stay away from processed foods in general. The sugarfree came later. I try to only eat natural foods, things I make myself, vegetables and fruits and rice, stonecut oatmeal, soy milk, tofu, that kind of thing. I am the food industry's nightmare!! But being here helps me TREMENDOUSLY! If I were in the States it would be hard because the supermarkets are so huge and so full of tempting things. The only way I could probably do it would be to live in New York or so with all the little shops or in L.A. where you have those wonderful organic shops. I loved them! How are the stores around you, shan?

stormy -- don't feel sorry for making me cry. You didn't make me cry. I did it myself and really I am happy to cry. How does that sound?! No, really, it is good to cry. It is a release and a touchstone to my feelings and of course I'm sad. All day long I'm out and about and I can't cry so I can't even allow myself to think of sad things. But I want to think of them, want to pay them tribute so to speak, want to think of Tetchan. So, you did me a favor by giving me a chance to feel and express some of that sadness, stormy. I dread the day when I can't cry. I dread that I should ever become so hardened, so given up, so apathetic that something wouldn't move me. Storm, you are amazing studying like that after work. You are driven! I wish you strength to get through this hard time in your studies. Great that you finished your research! :cp: You will pull through. Just plug away. Put the pressure on yourself and you will do it. Best of luck to you as well!

Crime girl -- Yeah! Good to have you posting! Thank you again for the horoscope. I love this idea of change happening. I hope it's good change, but then I suppose most change is good, or at least allows good things to come in. It's freezing cold out there again so I have to really put on my warmest things to go riding. I would chicken out, my teacher has been so tough lately and really down on me. It makes my riding time such a test, so much so that I am starting to get nervous before riding. She doesn't allow me to take it easy at all. She is such a perfectionist herself and always looking for so much out of herself and the horse, more out of herself I suppose than the horse. And this is tough for me. Just getting to the stable is a major thing for me. It takes a lot of discipline. It's not easy. But there is so much waiting for me to do once I get on the horse. That, right now, is the hardest part I think. But it is stupid if I don't give it my all then because that is the WHOLE reason for all the other hardship! Anyhow, whoops, talking about me again. CG, I LIKE your goal for the day, NO HARM! Yes, this is so important. And this is a big thing. It's not a baby step. It involves all the things you need to do to lose weight, just in lesser intensity, but lesser intensity doesn't mean less. In fact, I think it's harder to do because it's subtler and you can easily think you're not doing anything and then just go hog wild. Sorry to hear about your dreams. The test is over, right!? Just forget it. There is nothing you can do now. What's done is done. Move on to the next step. You probably did fine. Nozomi is a strange little cat. She too I rescued. She was about to die from starvation. In the beginning she would never leave my side. She would follow me down the street when I left and I had to keep carrying her back and putting her in my room. Of course, the door is open so she would just pop out again and follow me but I would speak sternly to her and put her back inside and she seemed to need that. She learned to stay. In fact, it seems that's what she wanted, to be told she had to STAY with me, that she belonged with me and I wasn't going to abandon her, which I think is what happened to her in the first place. She was in a little park when I found her. She does not want to be held but she will sit next to me wherever I am unless she goes off to sleep somewhere. Right now she is sleeping with Shachi after I pulled him out of the futon because I had to put it away. He won't move from under the covers until I move him. I put him up with her where she was sleeping and she starts biting his head but I scolded her and she stopped and now they're sleeping curled up together so cute. Nozomi doesn't seem to really like Shachi the way she did Tetchan but she will be nice to him. So, I think she'll be OK. I tell them Tetchan died and that I miss him, give them hugs and I think they realize there is nothing to be scared of, it just is the way it is. Anyhow, sorry for the cat tales. You are right about keeping me out of the bars. Last Friday all the guys went out after work and I would have gone but had no money and really didn't want to because I knew inside I was feeling very sad and that would have surfaced eventually after drinking. I almost went but in the end didn't. The next day I was able to get to work OK and one of the guys was in terrible shape because it had turned into another all-nighter apparently. If I had been there I wouldn't have stopped either. There are four of us who will just go and go and go and though it's great fun, it's too costly, not only in terms of money, but calories, work, everything. But I want to do it sometimes because the socializing is fun. Unfortunately, these guys all have steady and apparently serious girlfriends so I'm afraid my spending too much time with them is not productive. I mean, it's kind of weird, to be out with married and perhaps soon-to-be-married guys and here I am single. Maybe again though I'm not really looking, which I'm not. Anyhow. . . do you think the drinking messes with the metabolism? I hadn't really thought of that. Well, I have to run now. You really should try to take care of yourself more CG, with your diabetes. It is not something you want to get worse and you CAN help it so much by diet that it would be as if it were no longer there BUT if you don't it will get worse. Use it to care for yourself more, a good reason, not just appearance. I would try to do it NOT out of fear, but out of caring for yourself.

OK, all, bye for now! :wave:

shanberg
02-28-2005, 05:38 PM
Hi, Red!!!

Glad to hear from ya!!!

I actually have a computer at home, just not internet. I can't afford it. I know that sounds stupid, but I have a very tight budget where every single penny I make is accounted for. Plus, when I bought my house, I was banking on a yearly raise. But,sales were down and I didn't get one. It really hurt. I had to use my credit card for some things and now have a balance I am working on paying off. Until then, no extras!!!

The food stores around here are terrible. The ones with the best seclection are the ones that cost the most!! Sometimes, I try to shop around, but in the end I spend more on gas than I save on prices! So, going sugar free would be very hard and expensive for me!

I think I am going to try to get up in the mornings and walk on my treadmill. I just read on another thread that walking first thing in the morning is 300% more effective than at any other time of the day! Since you have no food in your body, it actually burns the fat you already have instead of the fat you have consumed and processed!!! If only I can drag my butt outta bed! I am so not a morning person!!! I like the warm,fuzzy feeling of the bed first thing in the morning!! Guess I will see what happens!!!

Hate it that you are feeling bad! I hope it isn' the flu! Around here, there are all sorts of symptoms going around. I have been taking my vitamins and drinking oj in an attempt to ward it off. I think I might have failed, though, because this afternoon I have had a slight feeling of soreness in my throat! We may end up being ill together!!! Try to get some rest if you can. Drink lots of liquids and stay hydrated...

Well...gotta head out now. Need to run by and pay my power bill...Talk to everyone tomorrow!!

Tootles!!

doinmybest
03-01-2005, 09:54 AM
HEy everybody.

Back from belgium. I got very sick while I was there but only on the last day. I am pleased to report that my weight remained the SAME, despite the chocolate and waffles.

I ams SO lucky. amazing.

But I know I can't rely on that. I need to get back to eating right. I should eat my whole grains and veggies.

BUT OH MY GOD~! I am so jetlagged. I have forgotten how to sleep apparently. I've never had this problem before. I slept about two ours on ssaturday night. twelve hours on sunday night, and now I have only slept for two hours today.

Doesn't really make me feel like I am on a routine.

The worst thing about insomnia is that you cant really do much in the middle of the night. I want to be sleeping, so I don't really get up and do other stuff, like exercise or write or clean house. But during the day I'm so wiped out, I don't do it either.

UGh. Maybe I should take a stiff drink to make me tired.

ANYWAY, Crime Girl, Red, Shanberg!
Weldome to the week and may we have perseverance and success in our endeavors.

Red, I'm very sorry about your cat. It's very hard to lose someone you love.

doinmybest
03-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Hey I have a question..Talking about diabetes and not eating sugar.

i have been having a terrible problem with night sweatds. Seriously, some night, my sheets are soaking wet. I can't figure out why. OTherwise,I feel pretty much fine...Except for the carpal tunnel.

I read up about it...Mom says that menopause causes night sweats...I'm a bit young for that, but hrmonal imbalance is a possibility.

Another possibility is diabetes. I don't thin i have diabetes, but I am very sensitive to my blood sugar...If i don't eat at regular times, I fade fade fade...No energy at all, it's like I want to fall asleep if I miss lunch.

Anyway, I was thinkin maybe if I stopped eating sugar it might affect the night sweats. My sweet boyfriend is worried about me...

Anyways, guys...I just wondered if you knew anything about this...I would prefer to be able to eat sugar...:p

shanberg
03-01-2005, 10:19 AM
Hi, DMB!

Welcome back! Glad you had a good time in Belgium! Sorry you got sick, but at least it was on the last day!!

Insomnia, huh? I am like you. When I can't sleep, I know I should get up and do something, but I'd rather be sleeping, so I stay in bed and toss and turn! Luckily, I don't get that way often!!

I don't really know about night sweats, either. I would suggest you google it or maybe go to webmd.com or something.

Anway, glad you are back!

Talk to everyone later.

shanberg
03-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Hi, all...

Where is everyone?? Me, I feel awful. I think Red gave me her flu!!! Just kidding! But, I have a horrible sore throat. It hurts to swallow it is so sore. I also think I have a fever and am a little sick at my stomach. This is just perfect! I was really gung-ho about exercising this week and next to ensure I lost the four pounds for my first visit to the doctor this month and now I won't be able to walk on my treadmill at all! I feel way to woozy for that!!! Dang it!!!

Well, I hope eveyone is okay. Maybe there will be some action in here tomorrow! I think I am going to lay my head down on my desk for a few mins...

Tootles

redballoon
03-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Good morning all. I'm here now if anyone is out ther posting. Will write later. Just up. Had a long sleep-in. Shanberg!! Hope you feel better. I was fine yesterday, just more tired than usual and this morning I have that congested chest again but otherwise still holding up. doinmybest, welcome back and don't fret over the insomnia. It's just jet lag no doubt. I take a good two weeks to get over it.

redballoon
03-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Heh guys, well, it looks like no one is out there now? Grasshopper, NBK, what has happened to you? Did you give up on us? Are you OK? I'm starting to worry about you. Come back!! Shane! No, wait, that was a different scene. . .

I am stoked!! I tried on my "measuring pants" and I can report PROGRESS, in the right direction! Initially I could barely get these pants over my ample derriere. Well, that is still difficult but there are really quite form-fitting it seems, so I'm not worried there. At first, there was a hand's breadth, thumb to pinkie spread out (that's 20 cm (nearly 8 inches) for me, I have big hands for my dwarf-like height) at the top between the closing button and the hole so there was NO way I could get it closed. Next step was that I got them closed but the zipper was gaping big time. But TODAY!! I got the zipper closed as well. :cp: So, now I'm going to wash them again in case I've been stretching them trying to get them on. :lol: So, it looks like this abstaining from sugar and nuts has helped after all, although the scale has barely budged. I also walked my horse over to the big mirror after a lesson the other day and the sight was not so hideous as usual. Hurrah! OK, just wanted to share. . .all you have stuck by me during my moanings.

Now, the next thing is to be able to move in those pants without fearing I will hear ripping sounds, the next step will be to be able to breathe . . . and so on and so on. . . ;)

Crime girl
03-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Hi everyone! I only have a minute but I wanted to let you guys know that :
I made an A on my test!!!!!! YAAA HOOOOO!!!!!
I just got home from school- havent eaten so I need to go-
I will catch up tomorrow
Thanks for the support and prayers-

redballoon
03-01-2005, 09:47 PM
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: That's three cheers for Crime Girl!! An "A"?!?!?!?! :cb: :cb: :sunny: :flow1: And you were worrying about PASSING!! :rofl: We knew all along though that you would ace it!! ;) Excellent going! :cp: :cp: :encore: :cp: :cp: Great news!! It seems you and I both have finally had some good news. . .YEAH!! :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

shanberg
03-02-2005, 10:52 AM
Morning!!

Hope everyone is okay. I am still sick. My throat is so sore! I am a little stuffy, but other than that I guess I am okay. I'd rather be at home in bed, but I can't afford to miss work!!

The good news is I am eating well within my range! My throat is too sore to eat to much, so I slowly eat and then take a rest.

Red - Congrats on the jeans! Nothing like the feeling of jeans getting looser and loser! You keep this up and you will be strutting in those jeans before long!!

Crime Girl - CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know you are stoked about that A! Not to mention the stress release!! It's downhill now!!!

Okay. Going to do some work. Will check back in later.

Tootles.

doinmybest
03-02-2005, 01:05 PM
red! love the pants-o-meter.
Good for you.

we are full of good news today. except for shannon. hang in there! I'm sorry you are sick.

Goals for today:
1. eat well
2. excercise
3. GET WORK DONE

I feel a little more alert, so I hope I can do it. I got some sleep anyway...

stormy1
03-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Hi everyone

CG-Congrats!!! All that worry about nothing. You know that worry is really a waste of time. Most things that we worry about never come to pass. I am so excited for you!

Red-Congrats!!! I told you that it would come. What a great feeling, huh? It will keep coming. Before you know it you may even lose a size!

Shan-I hope that you feel better soon. Get plenty of rest and stay hydrated.

DMB-I hope that you had a great time on your trip. I hope that you satisfied your sweet tooth! As far as the night sweats, if it continues see a doc, especially if there is an unexplained weight loss or an increase in thirst.

redballoon
03-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Hi everyone. Morning here. Just before 5. Stormy, are you still on? I see your light. How are you? Have you been doing ok with the battle? You do pilates, right? I bought a little video yesterday on quick 10-min. pilates workouts. Thought I could handle that. I find the stuff toooo boring but know it probably helps so I'm going to try to give it another try. :sunny:

redballoon
03-02-2005, 05:16 PM
OK, looks like no on is on now. Don't know if I said it, but yesterday marked three weeks off sugar and nuts for me! And as you see, the clothes are looser (well, not looser, but getting there. I AM shrinking!)

Oh, a funny thing. . In the gym locker room the other day I was talking to a woman who used to be bodybuilding national champion here. She retired and has been dropping the muscle but staying lean with lots of aerobic exercise. Her thighs were always about half the width of mine and though I often whine that I have so much muscle, the builders say it's mostly fat and that I should look at how thin her legs are. I asked her what she could squat now and she was saying 80 kg with encouragement, whereas I can do 110 kg with the same I guess but her legs are really small. So I figure it's mostly fat with me. Anyhow, the funny part was when she said, "You know, I look at them (my thighs) getting smaller and smaller and really don't like it. It was really nice having the muscle and being big!" Now, that, coming from a Japanese woman, or many women of any culture, in fact, just sounded so nice. Someone who wasn't so into being tiny! How refreshing. I sometimes think that part of the reason I sabotage myself is because I don't really want to be small and at just over 5 feet, I will be if I lose weight. Still, I guess, even if you're small, if you have muscle you won't feel it. . . . oh well, I didn't feel small even when I weighed 20 lbs less. . . looking for excuses??!!

Shanberg -- still feeling bad, are you? Sorry to hear that. But the fact that you are keeping the food intake down is good to hear. Silver lining. Hope you feel better soon though. I know how it feels to want to take a day off but need the money. This is my life! No paid holidays. Hang in there.

doinmybest -- thanks for the congrats on the pants-0-meter. It's much more reliable than the scale. And I made sure to pick a pair of non-stretch pants! All the stretchy material is nice but it can be my downfall if I choose to ignore when I'm starting to stretch the stretch to its limits! best, get that work done!!

subpremeprincess
03-02-2005, 06:13 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry I have not posted over the last few days. I have not been feeling too well and once again it has done nothing but snow for the last four days or so. It is so depressing. Since it is Wednesday, I would like to share a quick nutritious recipe that my two year old son loves. It is really simple 1 can of yellow corn, 1 can of diced tomatos (personally I like the southwestern style, they add a little zing), 1 can of kidney beans. Drain the water off all three and throw them in a skillet and heat till warm. If you have scallions and cilantro available toss a little of them in. Sometimes, I broil a boneless skinless chicken breasts and serve the corn dish over the top of them. Enjoy! Hopefully I will feel better soon and I will check in on everyone. :)

HAL123
03-02-2005, 09:24 PM
HI all...
Back at work for a meeting. Got a bit shafted in the performance review we had while i was gone.. yay for me... have to sort that out when I come back properly on monday. I got my stitches out today so am a bit sore again.. but am almost fighting fit... weight is stable at 72.2 now! woo hoo.. have to update my ticker..now if I can just get into the 71's... but seeing as I can't do any exercise still (GRRRR) i know it won't be "good" weight loss if I do get down there.
Anyway I hope everyone is great..
Doin my best - i saw you were in belgium? where abouts?? I spent some time there a couple of years ago now... loved it! Never had any waffles tho! he he...
Byeeee
Tiff

redballoon
03-03-2005, 06:03 AM
Heh guys, check this out. I posted it in the support forum. Whenever you're feeling down on yourself, read it!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54284

Crime girl
03-03-2005, 07:37 AM
Hi everyone!!
I tried to post yesterday but I lost a really long post so I got mad and turned off the computer so sorry there was nothing from me yesterday. I hate when I spend a lot of time typing and it loses my post. So frustrating!
I think I am now in full panic mode! I am realizing that graduation is looming and I will soon be unemployed and homeless if I don't get off my butt and get looking for a job. Spring Break is next week for me so I will have a week off from school and work and plan to work on my paper for class as well as get as many resumes out as possible. Looking forward to the break from both. ;)

Shanberg- Sorry you are not feeling well. Make sure you drink a lot of fluids and get a lot of sleep. Don't short yourself on rest because it really matters when you are sick. I know you need to work but don't harm yourself.
Great job on staying on track with eating!!! :cp:

Doinmybest- You can do it!!! I like your goals. What work do you need to get done? Do you mean for your job or are you trying to get something else accomplished? ( If I may be so nosey??)

stormy- You are so right about how I tend to hype myself up. I guess it easier to think I did bad than good. I have to say though- I really didn't expect an A so I am thrilled. Now there is less pressure come final time. Even if I slip a little on the final I will have a better chance now of passing so I am relieved!
School is this weekend, right? When do you leave? Today? If so, have a great weekend and try to enjoy it. I am sure you will do great!!

Subpreme- I am also sorry that you are not feeling well. You guys better not jinx me into getting sick. :lol:
Sorry the snow is not a good thing for you. I still envy your snow though.
Thanks for the recipe! I always love to try new things so I will try it out. :D

NBK- Glad to see you back. You have been through an ordeal haven't you? Glad you are feeling better- we have missed you. :D
I have a question about your post though- you said when you came back to work you got a "bit shafted". Is that a good thing?? Shafted to me means you got mistreated in some way.

Red- 3 Weeks and no Sugar????? You are my hero!!! YAY!!! red!!!! GREAT JOB!! :bravo: :cp: :cp: :cp: :dance: :flow1:
That is quite an accomplishment- I have to say honestly I think I would have caved in the first week. :lol:
I am also thrilled to hear your clothes are looser. You are so right to use this as your measure. I know you must be thrilled! It feels so good when you can feel the results of your hard work.
Thanks also for the link- I printed it and am going to put it on my mirror with my other encouragement articles.
By the way- have you had a chance to ride lately? Been to see Heidi?

Red's horoscope of the day-
A new lightness has entered your life- you are carefree in spirit and body. A new support source will enter your life. Take advantage of the assistance and don't be afraid to open up.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!! I better go- need to get to work!

stormy1
03-03-2005, 10:23 AM
HI guys!

Just a quick hello and goodbye, I am off to work and then off for my 7 hour drive to school. I meant to pick up a book on tape but I forgot so I guess I'll be stuck listening to my class lectures. Yuck!!! Please pray for my safety to and from school. I have not driven this far since my car accident in November. I have been flying to and from school since then.

Red, I do Pilates. I thought it was boring too. I bought a video called firm and burn Pilates by the Crunch which is a lot of standing Pilates with light weights and cardio. It is much better and not so boring. I am doing okay with my challenge. I am eating right and exercising but still no weight loss. I think part of it is a lack of sleep,etc. I am nearing the nd of my Winter term at school and so I am really busy, which means that sleep is sacrificed. When you work full time and take 7 classes something has to give and for me it is sleep. I am proud of myself that I have at least kept up with my hour workout each day. Keep up with your good work! I am so pumped up about your clothes fitting better.

Sub-I hope you feel better soon!

Shan-I hope you feel better soon also. How is your brother liking his Boot Camp workout?

Doing-Hope the jet lag is gone. How are the night sweats?

CG-I know what you mean. I just had a fit when I found out that I made a B on my Neuro midterm! I tend to set high expectations for myself.

NBK-I am glad you are on the mend. Do not push yourself!

Lttle GH, where are you? We miss you!

doinmybest
03-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Hey everyone!

Thanks for your concernd. The night sweats seem to have tapered off.

Yesterday, I did MOST of my goals. I did work out, and I did get work done. I didn't eat so well...A candy bar (a big one) tripped me up. But that was pretty much all, so it's progress.

I need to stock my home with good things and make a point of eating whenever I am hungry. That keeps the siren song of the candy bar quieter.

Yeah, I got good work done. I pushed hard and wrote 1500 words on the book. I also cleaned the house, which dsperately needed it. Still needs more...

Princess, that is a good recipe, I'll have to try it. I love making dishes out of canned veggies...

Stormy, too bad you didn't get a book on tape. Those are great! Hand in there.

CG- Don't worry about being homeless and without a job. Graduation is a good thing, a thing to look forward to. There are homes and workplaces out there to accomodate you. Just forcus on the schoolwork, and let yourself breathe.

Red- I can tell you are a writer. Your posts are prolific...:) You know, in addition to the pants-o-meter, you might want a measuring tape.

Okay kids! I'm off to start my day. Yes, it's late, but I am letting myself get caught up on sleep. Yay for getting things back on track!

redballoon
03-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Heh guys, not much time here. It's really snowing hard outside, every bit of it is sticking. I don't want to go to work. I hate the place as it is but to have to battle this to get there and for nothing extra, that's just too much. And the chances are good that others will call in saying that can't make it. Some of the train lines are down. Oh, darn, should I call in sick or what? I don't get any money if I do that but this snow is awful. . . rant, rant. . .

I went to the store to buy new pants yesterday, not because everything is too big. . don't I wish, but because everything is ripped or too small. The dressing room is a horror trip. Why do I hate what I see in the mirror so much!? It must be the lighting, the close proximity to my humongous thighs. . oh damn, it's this kind of thing that makes me want to cry, want to throw in the towel right at that point where I start to see progress. Sometimes it seems our points of victory are our weakest moments. Here I am seeing some change in my body, with the pants zipping up and I can oh so easily sabotage it, oh so easily backslide. Why do I do this?! How do I NOT do it?! Help please!!

subpreme -- hello there. glad to see you posting. I hear you on the depressing snow. Snow is fun when you can go sledding and whatever, but trying to get to work in it is awful. Do you work out of the home? Does the snow make you just stay inside? Chin up kid! It'll soon be spring.

NBK -- heh there. Where have you been? What's this about getting shafted. Performance review while you were gone? Well I guess you weren't peforming too well if you weren't even in the office, well, at least not that they could evaluate?! :lol: what's this about stitches. I think I missed something. Waht happened? I remember the food poisoning but that's all. tell us more. Congrats on being at 72.2. I'm not there yet. Still over 74, what a bummer! Hope to hear more from you!

Crime girl -- sorry about that lost post but really, you should write in another file like Word or even Notepad or something where you can keep saving. I sometimes write right on the forum thinking I will just write a bit and then I end up going on and on but I know it's dangerous. It's easy to delete the whole thing. Don't panic about work. You've got to stop this. You're starting to sound like Chicken Little, or worse, the Boy who Cried Wolf. There is no way you are going to be jobless or homeless. Stop the panicking. Just look. You'll find so many things. Stop putting yoruself in the victim seat and acting like employers have to choose you. You are the one who can choose. You are obviously very talented and very qualified for any number of jobs.

Thanks for the congrats on my no-sugar stint. I am honored to be your hero, don't feel very deserving though. . . I am thrilled about the clothes and then not. Do you know how many times I've been here before. I want to enter virgin territory or at least territory I haven't seen in 20 years. I want to have the added 20 years of experience and take my body back to a better time.

I am glad you like that self-esteem thing. I have to read it too. I don't think I ever think I'm not OK, but I do start focusing on things like body and looks because I'm around young guys who only have that in their little heads. I have to remember everything I have that they can only dream of. And they could only dream of a girlfriend who had the things I have who would even bother to give them a second look. Thanks for the horoscope. I am feeling better. I hope to have this support source in my life. I do need assistance. I don't think I'm afraid to open up. Don't know why I don't seem to get the assistance I always say I need. Strange. Maybe I don't really need it, that's why I don't get it. Kind of a Mick Jagger thing. . .

stormy -- thank you for being happy about my victory. That is so sweet of you. You are amazing with all you do. Yes, an hour workout on top of all that work and little sleep is just amazing. I bought a Crunch video too but it wasn't the fat-burning one. It was a 10-minute choose your spot one or something like that. Haven't watched it yet. Keep up the good work. I am proud of you too!

doinmybest -- hi there! Good for you for doing most of your goals. Ah, so the work is the writing you are doing. 1500 words is a lot. Hope you are making headway. Do you plan on getting this book published or is it just a hobby, just for yourself? As for my prolificacy, I think the only thing I am prolific about is posting on this forum. As for regular work, you can hear the screams when the words are forced from me seconds before deadline. I have my newspaper background to thank for meeting deadline at all. It's great pressue to meet such deadlines, especially when you're covering a story and are writing from some noisy, smoke-filled press room, hoping the computer will work and that you won't lose your whole story just as you hit the "send" button. I have done that and didn't have a backup. All I did was sit there and start typing again from the start, with tears running down my face. Got the story out though.
Well, good luck with your goals best, cut the giant candy bars, don't let all your good work be canceled out!

Ok, guys, later! :wave: I am going to brave the snow.

Crime girl
03-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Just a quick note for Red-
CALL IN SICK GIRL!!!
Have a fun day in the snow and don't worry...

Crime girl
03-03-2005, 09:44 PM
How is everyone tonight???
I just got home from work and ate some dinner and now getting ready to study so thought I would jump on for a minute. :D

Red- I think what you are trying to say is Get over myself. You are probably right- I do let things stress me out. I just haven't been this overwhelmed in awhile. I think anytime we go through change it cause stress. Anyway- I will take your advice and try to chill. It is not that I literally think I am going to be homeless or unemployed. I just think I am a little overwhelmed- I know deep done it will all get done.
I know how you feel about trying clothes on- I hate it. I have started just buying what I like and bringing it home and trying it on. I also tend to get in the habit of wearing the same style of clothes in different colors when I find something I like. Good luck with the pants hunt!

Doinmybest- Great job on the workout and progress on the book. I bet you are feeling much better- it feels great to meet your goals. Don't worry about the candy bar- they are devious and sneak up on you when you are not looking. :lol:
Thanks for the reminder that I am doing this school thing for a reason- like I told Red I will try to calm down.

Stormy- Have fun at school! Sorry you forgot your book on tape- I love those things when I travel. I will definitely think good thoughts about your trip- keep you in my prayers but I know you will be fine.Try not to tense too much and be careful.

Okay folks- I need to go. Need to study- good news though- I have next week off from work and school. I am so looking forward to not having to worry about going to work and class. I should be able to get a lot of resumes out and get the research for my paper done. We will see- I am also going to try to exercise everyday next week. I think it will help my stress problem and maybe settle me a little. Wish me luck!

Crime girl
03-05-2005, 09:59 AM
I can't believe we went an entire day with no responses. WOW!
Red balloon, little grasshopper, NBK, doinmybest, subpremeprincess, stormy...
I think NBK might not have access to a computer, stormy is in school, what about everyone else? :(

Okay well- It is Saturday and I am going out for the day with bf- it is the first day of vacation for him and the first day of Spring Break for me. I am trying to make it a day for him so we are going to do all the things he wants to do since I will be busy the rest of the week doing my stuff and he will be on his own.

Hope everyone has a great day! Come back and talk-

subpremeprincess
03-05-2005, 12:25 PM
:wave: Hello and how is everyone doing? I am sorry that I have not posted lately, it has been a very busy week. I have done pretty well with my eating this week, but not exercising like I should. I am feeling better though. One thing that definitely works for me is eating breakfast in the morning. On the days that I do have breakfast, I am less prone to pigging out all day or late night snacking. A food journal has been ever so helpful in helping me to see this. I know that some of you guys have been going to the gym and working out only to see that the scale *GASP* hasn't moved or gone up a pound or two. This happened to me after I had my son and I was working out at the gym at least four days a week. I panicked and I was really upset, so upset that I went to the doctor crying. My doctor informed me that I probably was putting on muscle which weighs more than fat. I did learn on my own though that I should cut calories, eat smaller portions of food, and move more. These things sound like easy things to do, but those of us fighting the battle of the bulge daily never ever take these things for granted. This is especially true for me because I have a sister who is as naturally thin, as I am naturally fat . My two year old son always tries to feed her whenever he sees her! :D At a size two, my sister can put away tons of carbs and not gain a pound! She once tried to gain five pounds and ended up losing five! :mad: Needless to say, I must stick to my plan because people love to point it out when you gain a couple of pounds. Or, you end up running into an ex-boyfriend that loves to tell people you haven't seen in a while how horrible you look. This doesn't mean that we beat ourselves up! We will only work harder towards our goals. A candy bar or a bag of potato chips does not blow our diet/exercise plan for the whole week. I hope that everyone is doing well. Sorry about the long ramble, I think I am suffering from cabin fever :cb: Have a nice day

redballoon
03-05-2005, 04:18 PM
Crime girl, I am here, just wasn't in the mood to write, as there was nothing interesting to say and I was laid low from a late night out! First time in a bit and it was a birthday for a coworker. Will try to write today sometime. Am just tired and not wanting to go to the gym. Subpreme, hello! Long posts are fine. Ramble on! I will catch up later. :wave:

redballoon
03-06-2005, 04:02 AM
Ok, guys. Went riding. The whole way there I was thinking of quitting, calling and canceling. I was falling asleep on the train, even dreaming. I barely have a voice but otherwise don't feel that bad. Still, I thought I may be pushing it. Even kind of hoped the snow would have frozen the arena and I couldn't ride, but no, it was OK, just wet! and I rode and I think I even got something down a bit better. I was pushing it though. Definitely have a cold here, or one coming on, settling in my chest and throat I guess, though I have no pain in my throat, just a real husky voice that takes a lot of effort to even use! My chest does hurt some. I often get this kind of cold. It's better than the head cold but this one is dangerous because I tend to push myself too much. Almost got pneumonia once because of that.

Crime girl -- Ok, here I am. Sorry you were left high and dry there for a while. Don't panic. I guess people are just having a breather or whatever. They'll probably be back some time. Well, the other day I got your message too late to not go in to work. I was actually in the train when I read it on my phone. But it was good I got in. That night we went out and it was the next day I took off! I know, get Red out of the bars. Well, I'm not in them as much as many people I know. Course it was another all nighter. No, CG, I'm not really saying to get over yourself. I'm just saying chill and get to know yourself! You probably do but there seems to be something there that makes you panic or sound like you're panicking. I know other achiever types like you. I mean, they're achiever types but they don't have faith in themselves. Or maybe it's because they're afraid of NOT doing a great job. Me, I'm an achiever type but I don't care if I fail. If I do, I'll just try again. No big thing. It's never over till the very end. You don't have to have everything down pat, if fact, you can't. There are no guarantees in life so why bother worrying about something that you can never ever guarantee anyhow. Maybe you're a planner type. I never planned, probably should a bit more, but I've always just taken things for what comes and it's so much fun that way. Never really knowing what's around the corner, keeping open to whatever may come up. I guess I'm like a cat somehow. I seek things out, curiosity and all that, hope it doesn't kill me. You seem very cautious about things, but heh, like I said, the more cautious you try to be the more likely life will try to throw you a curve ball. Ok, off my soapbox. As for the pants hunt, got two pairs. I always buy the same things. These are still tight but wearble, well, kind of. Just got to get back on track. I'm still off sugar but I've been eating too much again. So, how did the day with the boyfriend doing his stuff go? What did you do?

subpreme -- I hear you on your frustrations. I'm often there myself. Your doctor was no doubt right about you putting on muscle. Get a pants-meter like I have. Weight is pretty meaningless. You can get much smaller as you actually gain in pounds. Muscle takes up like a seventh of the size of fat. I once had a really gross picture of fat and muscle. I think someone posted it on this forum. It really showed you what an enormous difference it will make in your size and shape. That must be tough having a sis who is so different from you bodywise and eatingwise. My sister is the same as me, can put the weight on very easily. Well, good luck! and like I said, long posts are great! Keep 'em comin'!

redballoon
03-06-2005, 04:07 AM
Heh subpreme, I found that picture. It's kind of gross but they're just replicas. 5 lbs of fat, 5 lbs of muscle. Now which do you think is going to make you look more slender?!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=17582

and here's the sticky it was on with all the people grossing out!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37091

redballoon
03-06-2005, 05:38 AM
I weighed today but I was up again. It is too ridiculous, really. I am not going to think about it, just record the number and kick on. . . :(

shanberg -- dream analyst! I had an interesting one last night. Here in Tokyo, we often leave the doors unlocked. Sure, there is the chance of somebody coming in but it's small. Anyhow, I don't think that is what this dream was about really.

I sit down at my computer and only then do I realize that my computer monitor is gone. I realize it's been stolen and then I look around my two rooms and all the appliances are gone. They have been neatly taken away and things are even neater than they were when the stuff was there (which isn't hard to do!)

It's a yucky feeling, knowing someone's been in here, very spooky, knowing they did it very quickly and just vanished. I go upstairs (in my dream there are people living above me, but I don't really know them and it's a strange big place they have (in my dream). I find someone and tell her and she's coming downstairs to my room when I see the dark figure of a big man in my room again. It's scary but I lunge at him, drag him into the light and try to jab my fingers into his eyes, trying to sit on him, hold him down, somehow immobilize him so the police can come. But he's a big guy and he can easily just lift up with me on him but I'm digging at him, pounding at him, trying to gouge him, bite him, poke his eyes out, in the meantime calling for someone to come and get him but I don't think anyone is coming and I can't hold him much longer. I'm thinking I surprised him but the surprise is wearing off. .

then I wake up.

Ok, I had taken Nyquil to get to sleep because I was coughing so a lot of this is probably drug induced. What do you think? Kind of weird, no. I like the fact that I didn't just run off or something but actually went for him! :yes:

Crime girl
03-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Here is the link for the new thread!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=792565#post792565

Tae2tas
03-18-2005, 04:13 AM
Hello all,

Yes, I have been M.I.A. (Missing In Action). I call myself upgrading the motherboard in my computer and it turned into a major project. Well needless to say I built myself a whole new system :lol: thank goodness I'm a computer tech....or this would have cost me a couple of thousand dollars....LOL

RED~I am still catching up on all of the postings, however I did hear about "Tetchan". I lost my dog "Teagger" to cancer back in 2000 and I still miss her. I took 3 days of bereavement from work and when I returned there was a pet sympathy card on my desk. I thought that was so sweet.

ALL~ I want to thank you all for checking up on me ;) . Although I have lost 2lbs since my last post it has been an up hill battle. At first it wasn't so hard, but then I went on a trip with my sister out of town. Now I didn't do as bad as you may think, but we all know we are our worst critic. When I got back home it was as if sugar was waiting at my front door. Ok maybe it was a Honeybun :lol: Oh how I love them with their cinnamon glaze dripping from their plastic wrapper (wiping the drool from the corner of my mouth). Oh let me stop and just focus on the size 12 skirt I just bought today. YES SIZE 12!! (I'm doin' the "Happy Dance"!!)