Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 10:57 AM   #1  

Question Lunch ideas?

Hi there. I'm new-ish to this...I did Core for about 2 weeks (lost about 5 lbs.) in the fall, but then got sidetracked by a vacation, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, but I'm back on track w/ everybody else and their dog as of Jan. 1st!

I'm compiling my gro. list and am having a hard time coming up w/ lunch ideas. So far I've got soup, soup, and more soup. (I like soup this time of year, but could use some variety!) And salads w/ FF dressing. I enjoy a potato (regular baked or sweet potato) for lunch, but I like to save my potato/brown rice allotment for dinner on most days.

I'd love to hear ideas for what you typically eat for lunch. (That's EASY, I've got 2 small kids at home!

Ginny
Old 01-04-2005, 02:35 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I'm right there with you -- stuck for ideas! It seems like I eat the same things over and over for lunch and dinner both. I don't like cous cous, don't like brown rice, don't eat a whole lot of chicken or turkey. I like eggs though, so deviled eggs are a good addition to lunch occasionally. I mainly eat things like soup (of course!), baked potatoes, green salad, tuna salad, shrimp with cocktail sauce, cottage cheese and fruit, and FF black beans with toppings like salsa, FF sour cream, chopped avocado and tomato, or a hamburger patty made with the 97% FF ground beef and topped with a melted slice of FF cheese.

Do you have the soup list that was posted a while back? There are a whole lot of soups on it -- some you wouldn't think would be core.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:46 PM   #3  

I generally have leftovers for lunch - I just make a little extra dinner, then save the extras. Or I have chili, eggs, soup, salads, pasta & sauce (ww of course), barley with whatever I have in the fridge, lentils . . .

I agree, lunches are hard if you don't plan ahead.

I also have two little ones at home, two girls, age 3 and 1. And a soon to be 6 year old girl in kindergarten. Yes, my lucky husband is surrounded by 4 females! What ages are your kiddos?

Angela
Old 01-04-2005, 04:05 PM   #4  

Thanks ladies. I will also have the option of leftovers for lunch - once I get myself in gear and start cooking!

Kathy, I do have the soup list from WW - yes there are some that I wouldn't expect and a pretty good variety. Good think I like soup!

Angela, I've got 2 girls myself - one almost 3 and the other is 6 mos. Trying to lose the baby weight once and for all!!
Old 01-05-2005, 08:11 AM   #5  

Socaltexan: Would you mind posting the Core soup list if it's not too long?

Also, if you like soup, do you have the old WW Taco Soup recipe? It's delicious, totally Core, just as easy to fix a double batch and freezes well.

Laraine
Old 01-05-2005, 06:13 PM   #6  
VancIslandGirl

Default Lunch ideas

1 can Tuna (water packed)
1/2 can White Kidney beans or Navy beans
green onion - chopped

I made a dressing of 1 tsp of oil, dijon mustard and balsamic vinigar,salt & pepper. Tossed with above .

This was delicious !
Old 01-05-2005, 06:44 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Here's the thread where the soups were listed:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...t=45496&page=7

Hope this helps!
Closed Thread