Old 12-13-2004, 03:52 PM   #1  

Red face Second Time Around Newbe

I joined this board a while back and resolved that I would hold myself accountable by coming back here and posting every day.. I did that for 3 days and then stopped coming.

Well I will try this again!

My name is Vero, and I am just about sick of the way I look. (not to mention the way I feel)

I am 24 years old, 5"7, and 191 lbs.

My Fiance and I have moved to a new province a bit over a year ago and we now have something I never had before, a group of friend that we get together with on a regular basis... How is this a bad thing you ask? It is not!

My friends love their digital cameras.. and after every outing, pictures always end up being posted on someone's website. Whenever I check these pictures out, I can't help but think to myself "Oh my god ! when did I ever get so fat???" My friends don't get it.. they've always known me overweight...

FIance is a sweetheart, he is always telling me he loves me for me.. and it was not my great body that made him fall in love with me (then he he'll add with a crooked smile, that it did help though)

so support is a bit lacking, because nobody seems to understand why I am not happy with myself... The only support I have is my mother who has been on diets for years (even before she became overweight.. she always thought she was!) and since she has been struggling with her weight, she always gives out the feeling that I will not be able to do it, but it is great that I try!

I'm a majour procrastinator, and have been procrastinating on dropping the extra weight I've put on for 5 years (all the while putting on more.. so that extra 10 lbs.. soon turned to 70!!!)

Well finance and I that have been engaged for over 2 years now (we've been together for over 5) have finally set a date and it is for this summer!!!

I am now decided that I will be getting rid of this extra weight once and for all and before my wedding!! I don't really care if everyone else that looks at my wedding photos still think I look lovely.. I am doing this for me!! I want to walk down the aisle and have my FI think "she is not only mine but she is hot!"

I want to look at my wedding pictures and think "wow" and not think "ugh"

SO what am I doing about it? I have started eating better and drinking lots of water... but that in itself does not seem to be helping me out very much with the weight (I do feel a lot better however). I have also started taking the stairs instead of the elevator at work and as of this morning (this is the one I am very proud of) I have started getting up earlier to do my excercise routine on dvd (The SLim in 6 series)

For motivation I have post-its telling me how much I have to lose a week in order to make my goal (2 lbs/week). I have post-its reminding me to drink my water! and I have printed out the following picture of me: Vero and Brian at the company christmas party along with a picture of the wedding dress I am getting on another (skinny) bride and wrote under it "Do you really want that snack?"

I plan on checking in here everyday and keep myself accountable and hopefully getting to know some of you and making new online buddies!

Last edited by Vero; 12-13-2004 at 03:59 PM.
Vero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 04:58 PM   #2  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Vero - congrats on your wedding and your weight loss thus far!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 05:38 PM   #3  

Welcome Vero! Well done on deciding to lose the weight for you, and the changes you have already made! It's fantastic that you have already set yourself a goal and are aware of what you need to do to achieve it.. I would recommend that you start bring some weights into your exercise routine.. it's the fastest way to change your body shape and you build lean muscles, which burns calories.. the more muscle you have the higher your metabolism (or something like that anyway). I do my weights as part of a class.. it's great for the motivation as you don't want to wuss out with everyone else able to see you and there is always gossip to catch up on with your class mates so there's more motivation to attend! (well for me anyways).

Yeah i am looking for converts but seriously, it's worked really well for me!

I hope to see you around.. good luck!
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 06:56 PM   #4  

Hey Vero!

Like you, I have kind of been around, but have never really been on here consistently so I can be accountable! I would love to start and keep in touch!

I am 24, 5'4, and am trying to lose 10 or so pounds! They are being mighty stubborn, though! :P I married my darling, June of last year, so I can really empathize with trying to lose a few pounds to look stunning in your dress! It must be so exciting to make all of your wedding plans!

My husband is *sort of* supportive. He encourages me to be healthy, but he sometimes thinks I am a bit obsessive. But he doesn't understand -- the man has been on the thin side his entire life, while I've always been a bit on the heavier side! Men.

I usually eat pretty healthily --- I don't follow any specific "diet plan" per se, but I avoid sugar and highly processed foods. I work out as often as I can -- but sometimes that isn't more than once a week on Saturday mornings, depending on my workload. I used to have a personal trainer for a few months, so that really kicked some motivation into me! I am *trying* to remember those awesome sessions I had with my trainer and do similar things when I am at the gym by myself.

Anyway, I'd love to keep in touch!

-Jay
cchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 07:39 PM   #5  

Hi guys!

Great to meet you!! Looks like there is great support on these boards!!!
Old 12-13-2004, 11:27 PM   #6  
stormy1

Vero,

I do not post much but welcome! I am your height and I weigh 172. I have lost 7 pounds so far. It is amazing how fast the weight creeps up on you. I wear scrubs every day with a drawstring tie so I really did not realize I was gaining that much weight. I thought that I had gained about twenty...then I went out and bought a scale. Scary! I was in the 130s and I have gained 40+ pounds in two years. It sounds that you have a realistic goal. I think that you are on the right track!
stormy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 08:33 AM   #7  

Well I got up at 6am this morning to do my workout.. and I swear I thought it would kill me!! I kept yawning through the whole thing.. once I was done I went back to bed lol.. and then I was about 10 min. late for work this morning!
Old 12-14-2004, 11:33 AM   #8  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Vero, welcome to the boards.....something that I have suggested before to others is something that has helped me keep track of what exactly I was putting in my mouth...www.fitday.com...it's a free website, that you can put in your foods and calories, workouts...it's a great way to stay honest with yourself.

It sounds like you are determined to meet your goal...YOU CAN DO IT!!! Good Luck to you!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 12:22 PM   #9  

I've used fitday.. right now I'm using dietpower...
Old 12-14-2004, 12:57 PM   #10  
Living the Laguna life...

Welcome Vero!
I love the picture of you and your FI...you are gorgeous! I love your hair! Good luck with the weight loss, and keep posting!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 01:04 PM   #11  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Yeah, fitday is great (and free!) but I love dietpower... I couldn't bring myself to pay $50 for it though, not with something similar on the market for free.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 02:02 PM   #12  

Ok, for the fun of it I logged on to fitday.. (Hadn't logged on for at leats a year) and I saw my last weight in there! I was 171 lbs!!

That is depressing... I've gained 20 lbs since my last attempt at dieting...

miss michelle - Thank you so much for the compliment! I can't wait until I can actually FEEL gorgeous again...
Old 12-15-2004, 11:45 AM   #13  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Don't look back, keep going forward!!!! Don't let the past determine who you are or where you are going. STAY POSITIVE and stay focused! You can do it Vero! You have us cheering you on!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote