Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-13-2004, 09:15 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Monday Chat - Dec 13th

Good Morning,

Just starting this up, BRB
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 09:40 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning or should I say Moanin
Dh set the alarm wrong so we never got up this am. I'm a bit draggy the Party Saturday night was good I however fell so far off the wagon so I'm back on phase 1 of SBD for damage control lol. yesterday we went to a train show for DH and added a new house to our layout under the tree. . .we now have a fish and chip shop! Today I have to do some writing. and after I'm done with my article I'm going to sketch out a short story for a contest
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 09:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

WOW! we must be the busiest bunch of women that I have ever seen! you girls ROCK with all that you do! sure were a lot of things going on over the weekend! hope everybody survived and that you are able to muster up the strength for a Monday morning. hugs!

It is 60 and breezy this morning, and it is suppose to be colder and windier this afternoon. We are gonna have our first light freeze of the season, and Wednesday morning they are even saying 26 degrees. That is really cold for down here in Louisiana. Looking forward to it. As long as the sun is shining it will be BEAUTIFUL!

We have a busy week of course, with a 12th graders Christmas party and a Band Concert and then dh's familys Christmas get together on Saturday night, which is about 70 people in a little house.

I was thinking this morning that I really ought to make me a pot of veggie soup to eat on all week to make up for all the get togethers we have this week which mean food food food.

what's everybody got going on today?

I've got some errands to run at noon.
*vroom vroom* (that is the sound of me running around in my car)

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 09:50 AM   #4  
CIN

Hi Ladies
Just wanted to say "GOOD MORNING!"......I hope it is the beginning of a great week for everyone!

I have 3 meetings today and only work one tomorrow morning because my grandaughter Abby is in a program Tuesday night at school.

I managed to bake,freeze & hide several dozen cookies this weekend for Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.

I tried a new recipe for Carmel corn with nuts and Wow...................it is awesome.I wanted something new to "give away" in small portions to people!It was a little tricky but great!

BBL.have an awesome Monday!

Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:02 PM   #5  
Walking by faith

Wink Good day ladies

It's the busy season of the year

Not much going on here right now. We went to see our son on Saturday-he's pretty down right now. He knows he's probably facing a long time behind bars The good thing is that there's a jail ministry which my husband is involved in, and there are some awesome things happening in that jail. My son will be there tonite-I'm praying that God will do a miracle work in his life. Last night we saw the children's Christmas program at church. What a blessing ! We also ran into an old friend who we hadn't seen in a while. God is good!

Leenie: How are you feeling today? Better, I hope

Kierie: This is such a hard season to be watching your weight. Good for you for getting right back on track

Cathy: Sounds like you're having fun down there. It's supposed to get cold here too. I'm looking forward to it.

CIN: I love to bake cookies-unfortunately, I also love to eat them! I gave my DH one choice this Christmas. So I'm going to make us some gingerbread men . Enjoy your granddaughter's Christmas program.

Hope everyone is having a blessed day!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 03:33 PM   #6  
CIN

Liz
How awesome!
Congrats on the fine grade!
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 03:39 PM   #7  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Everyone!

Kierie – what is SBD? Is that South Beach Diet? Don’t worry, I’ve done the same thing Kierie, where I’ve fallen off the wagon a few times. Just gotta remember… you did it once, you can do it again! I’ve been stuck in a rut myself. I lost about 30lbs recently and I’ve gained currently about 11lbs back… but I gonna get back on the wagon and do it again. *big hugz*

Cathy – Errands for me as well today… I’ve gotta pick up my ingredients for my staff potluck tomorrow, then I’ll be baking all night hehehe. I’ve gotta also run out to the campus to pick up some papers of mine that have been graded. I was gonna run over to my advisors office, but she is out til tomorrow, so I’ll be going in then to talk about my educational plan and see how far I’ve got left to go. Since yer running around in yer car, why don’t you vroom vroom over here and lets go catch that movie “Polar Express” hehehe

CIN – LOL! I am going to have to bake and hide my cookies as well. You know, you say I just wanna sample to see if they came out ok, then all of a sudden everyone else wants to sample, and POOF half the cookies are gone. The hard part is, it takes longer to make this pecan tarts then it does to eat them. Roll out the crust, smoosh it in the tart tins so the crust layer is really thin and then fill with the pecan filling. The smooshing of the crust is what takes forever! Definitely gotta find a good place to hide them all heheheh.

Well I got my grades for the semester… Art History A+ Art in the Classroom A Drama in the classroom A and my Perspectives class C …. Ouchie! I got a D on my final for that class… how depressing. I was scared I was going to fail. Never failed anything before, never got a C before either. Crushing blow to ego hehehe. I’m so glad it’s over tho. The class was so easy in regards to very little assignments. I only had 2 papers. So that made it worse, because that meant the grade relied mostly on what we got on our exams. I think if we had more assignments my grade would not have suffered as bad, I may have even been able to pull a B-. But that’s okie, it’s over and done with. I will talk with my advisor tomorrow to find out if that’s an acceptable grade. I’m not sure if it’s a C or a C-. Even tho a C- is still a C grade, it’s considered below a C if that makes sense.

I’ve gotta run off now to pick up some stuff for tonight. I hope everyone is doing well.
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 08:49 PM   #8  

Hi everyone

I was really busy today. DH & I went to coffee with friends this morning.....came home.....had breakfast....then had to go to the laundromat....took 2 comforters to be washed....came home.....had lunch....then off to finish my Christmas shopping.....3 hours later I arrived home....I am really tired.

I notice.....since I am feeling better.....there seems to be more to do....at home & out....like getting ready for Christmas....everything that has to be done....maybe I am doing more....I do have more energy now.

I am doing well with the eating today....tomorrow is weighin day.

It's almost 6 P.M......I just came to the computer now....first time today.

Liz....congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote