PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 10-05-2004, 12:03 AM   #1  

Default I thought I would introduce myself

Hi,
I am new to this board and am looking for some support in my quest to become healthier and happier and to strike a balance with my PCOS...

For me I think the key to my PCOS is diet and exercise. I have had some great success in the past with using the "New Glucose Revolution" recommendations, coupled with the info from a dietician that my endocronologist sent me to..

At the moment I am doing the Weight Watcher portion sizing, while watching the carbs and GI index..

I know that it all works really well for me - when I stick to it.. I get good results when I can manage to string more than a week of good habits together - But this is my greatest struggle at the moment.. I find that I will have a great week and then the next is a shocker - so my weight tends to be quite static.. and way too high!

So hopefully with the support and information from this site I will be able to achieve my goals!

Cheers,
Marianna...
Marianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:55 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

Welcome to 3FC, Marianna! I've read the Glucose Revolution. Sounds like a sound diet. I understand the week at a time thing! It took me a long time to get in a groove. I finally realized all my hard work wasn't going to get me anywhere unless I stuck it out. Now it's like a runaway train. I don't WANT to cheat under any circumstances! Are you following an exercise plan? That is VITAL for weight loss if you have insulin resistance.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 12:44 AM   #3  
Rattie Lover

WELCOME, ARTEMIS!

We're glad to have you aboard!!! Feel free to come chat with us in the monthly chat thread. Here's a quick link for ya...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47387

Hope to see you there soon!!
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 06:44 PM   #4  

Thanks for the welcomes

I have always focused on my food rather than my exercise, and since it hasn't really been going too well for me I have recently started to give exercise a big boost.

I am trying to do 30 minutes of cardio a day (walk or bike) with weights and toning exercises every two days... I am finding with doing the exercise that my attitude is more positive - all those happy hormones!

But again finding the motivation to continue it past a week is my struggle..It is always one good week - one slack week!...

I look forward to getting to know you better as well lose weight together!

Is there a weekly "how you are going" section where we post our weight and goals?

Cheers,
Marianna
Old 10-06-2004, 11:43 PM   #5  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis02
Thanks for the welcomes

I have always focused on my food rather than my exercise, and since it hasn't really been going too well for me I have recently started to give exercise a big boost.

I am trying to do 30 minutes of cardio a day (walk or bike) with weights and toning exercises every two days... I am finding with doing the exercise that my attitude is more positive - all those happy hormones!

But again finding the motivation to continue it past a week is my struggle..It is always one good week - one slack week!...

I look forward to getting to know you better as well lose weight together!

Is there a weekly "how you are going" section where we post our weight and goals?

Cheers,
Marianna

You're welcome!!

No, there isnt a weekly section for that, but if you'd like to start one you can. Maybe that will motivate some of the girls to post more.
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 12:25 AM   #6  

Thinking more about my weight loss - Its probably better not to do a weekly weighin for me. I find that on those weeks when I have tried really hard that a small weight loss makes me feel awful..

So what I will be doing is a monthly measurement instead.. I think that focusing on fitness and some muscle gain is more important to me right now than what the scales say.. The more I exercise the better I eat!

So we will see how that goes.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:32 AM   #7  
WW Moderator

Artemis, if you don't want to make a new thread for it, you are welcome to post it in the monthly chat!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote