Support Groups - Just had a baby...

View Full Version : Just had a baby...

LeanneM83
10-04-2004, 12:56 PM
Hi, my name is Leanne :lol: ...

I just had my third baby 11 days ago, and now I am trying to lose my pregnancy weight.
I have lost weight many times before and look forward to shedding the pounds again.
I am on a very strict diet and will start running again in a few weeks.
I have 40lbs to lose for New Years, as my best friend is getting married and I am her maid of honor...

I look forward to chatting with anyone who is motivated to lose weight while raising kids or having just had a baby too...

Leanne :lol:

WannaGetInShape
10-05-2004, 12:22 AM
Hi Leanne, I'm Cathy - Congrats on the birth of your baby.
I just had my third child on Aug4 (a boy). so I'm right there with ya! I'm going to really focus on exercise this time. I started going to the gym again 2 weeks ago and eating a bit better. How old are your others? I have a 4 y/o DS and 2 y/o DD. I actually lost my pregnancy weight right away, but I started out overweight (167) when I got pregnant, so I'd love to get down to about 140-145 or so. Well, nice to meet you!
Cathy

Apple Blossom
10-05-2004, 01:18 AM
Hi Leann & Cathy,
My 3rd baby was born in May. He's 4 months old and he's perfect! My other 2 are 7 (boy) and 4 1/2 (girl).
Most of my pregnancy weight came off easily but I'm convinced that my metabolism has adjusted to the breast feeding. So I am carefully dieting and wishing I had more energy and time to exercise. I will be great sharing the journey with both of you!
I also started my pregnancy overweight. With each baby I gained 5 pounds (or never lost it, depending on how you look at it) and the there's 10 pounds for the marrige I guess....My goal weight is also 140-145, hopefully by New Years too. We're going to Hawaii in Jan. :cool:

LeanneM83
10-05-2004, 11:05 AM
Well, I too have set my goal weight for 140, but I am short so even less than that is better... :p

My children are 3.5 (boy) 14 months (boy) and 13 days (girl)....
My weight history is that of ups and downs...seems like when I get to my goal weight I get pregnant again.. :lol:
My second son was born July 30th/03 and I lost all my preg weight and was 136 when I found out I was preg this time...I am good at gaining weight and was 204 the day before I had my daughter...I am today 179.8...so I have about 40lbs to go...
I am going to start working out again tomorrow, as it will have been 2 weeks since birth...
what do you both do for exercise??
I am a HUGE fan of the elliptical machine, BUT I am also a runner...and running has always made the weight slide right off me...I am planning to run a 10km race in May '05...not to win or anything, just to finish...so I will be working towards that..
I am extremely motivated, so if you guys are too, we can TOTALLY do this, and Apple, you will look awesome for your trip to Hawaii and we will all own the 140's....

Leanne :lol:

WannaGetInShape
10-05-2004, 05:15 PM
I'm also nursing, which really helps the weight slide off...initially. Then your body gets to a weight and tries to hold onto some fat for reserve. This is my challenge. I really don't want to look too much at my weight, I'd be happy if I was 160 and a size 8-10, rather than 145 and a 12. KWIM?
Anyway,my new challenge is a dairy free diet since DS has a MILK PROTEIN ALLERGY which means no milk or milk products for me.
I love elliptical too- it's a great workout, but I am not a good runner.
Leanne, I think it's great that you are already wanting to get back in shape so soon, but be careful & take it easy at first, your body needs time to recover :) . I know I wanted to start right away too, but every time I tried to do too much, I would start bleeding again! :(
Great to meet you!

Apple Blossom
10-07-2004, 01:26 AM
Hi!
Leanne-I used to run alot too. I have finished 5 marathons, but it's been almost 10 years since I've been doing any serious running. I suffer from iliotibial band syndrome and it seems to get worse every time I decide to start running again. I also have had trouble finding time. My husband travels alot so I might be able to run for a month and then have to stop for a month and that has gotten to be really frustrating. Now that the 2 older kids are spending more time in school, I can take the baby in the jogger and I plan on that eventually. Right now we take walks and that is working for now. When it's time to step it up a notch I'll dust off the old jogger and figure out the knee problem. I really miss running. I am about to turn 40 and I'm looking forward to my first race in the Master's category! Take it slow since you've JUST had that baby!! I tried to run about 2 weeks after my first and sprained my ankle badly, I think because all the hormones floating around still had my ligaments real loose.
Cathy-I know what you mean about the nursing fat reserve. It's tough to get rid of. I've lost and gained back the same 5 pounds 3 times since June. It's a good idea to shoot for a size too. I'm a 12 now, when 10's fit, they are usually to long. I think I am meant to be an 8.
I've decided to buy myself a nice pair of either sneakers or boots as a reward for getting down to 159 (and staying below 160, keeping the momentum going DOWN...)

LeanneM83
10-07-2004, 10:12 AM
Hey Ladies

Apple, that is awesome about running so well , sorry to hear about the knee problems though...yes, you are right I have decided to wait a little while longer before I start running again...I will start with the elliptical machine first to work my muscles back up to running form...I really do not want to get injured...It is a GREAT idea to find some reward for all your hard work...shoes always work for me as I am a shoe-aholic!

I am short and petite (well not really right now) so my ultimate goal weight is 125-130, BUT I was happy at 140 so that is where I am shooting for right now...All my clothes in my closet are missing me... ;) I cant wait to wear them again..I am not sure what my "reward" will be when I reach my goal weight, but I know itll probably involve shoes or clothes... :lol:

Well, in 2 days I turn 26...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.....I have yet to determine if it is upsetting me, or if I will accept it gracefully... :lol: but, a small...no TINY piece of cake will help ease the transition...
Are you both dieting at all? if so, what programs are you following? and is it working? (just curious)
Have a great day to you both!

Leanne

Apple Blossom
10-08-2004, 01:04 AM
I'm not on any particular diet. I'm a firm believer in "eat less, exercise more" Occasionally I count calories on fitday.com, mostly because of the pie graph it creates showing protien/carbs/fat. I'm a vegetarian, so I find myself low on protien sometimes. And it reminds me how little things really add up....I've been participating in the 10 day challenge over on the support forum too. It's helpful to make some small short committment, that adds up too. I'm weighing in on Monday, probably won't have a chance to log on until then. Have a great week-end!

LeanneM83
10-10-2004, 03:07 PM
Well, yesterday was my birthday and I had a small piece of bday cake...BUT, instead of my normal stressing about it, I went to the gym and feel great. My body on the other hand is tired as I havent done much of anything for the past 9 months..
So, today we are having thanksgiving turkey...and again, I am not going to stress, but do lust like Apple said, Eat less (of the carbs) and exercise more...so I went to the gym and now I can enjoy the rest of my day..

Hope you guys are both having a greaaaaaaaat weekend...

Leanne

Apple Blossom
10-13-2004, 02:12 AM
Ugghh. Ever have a fat day? I'm sure everyone does, where you just feel fat no matter what you wear or eat or....well I had one today. I feel like I still look pregnant to the point where I'm almost tempted to take a pregnancy test. Maybe I am again. Well, I highly doubt that. It's been almost 5 months now and I still have a big 'ol belly. Ugghh.....
I'm sure I'll be fine again tomorrow. It was just one of those days.
:coffee:
I'll be sure to get a walk in, maybe break into a jog.
And look at that beautiful baby sleeping over there...... :bb: :love:

LeanneM83
10-13-2004, 09:47 AM
Apple

I TOTALLY understand... I have those days often and I hate looking in the mirror on those days...
I went to the gym the other day and saw myself in the mirror and wanted to cry...I thought I still looked prego and I felt terrible..
Yesterday was one of the WORST days for me....my hubby had to work all day and night, and it was my first day with all three kids by myself....by 4pm I was in tears, I felt like a complete failure...I was so upset and everything that could go wrong did....ugh, I still feel horrible....I think my hubby is going to take paternity leave...he was supposed to go to Afghanistan. (hes in the army)...so anyways....my weight is down, I think from stressing so much yesterday.......who ever said being a parent was easy I guess never had " one of those days"....
SO after all that, I guess what doesnt kill us makes us stronger...whether it is looking in the mirror or feeling fat....

Leanne

Apple Blossom
10-14-2004, 01:23 AM
I hope your husband doesn't have to go to Afghanistan! My prayers are with you! My husband travels alot. It's hard to be mom AND dad to 3 kids, but at least I don't have to worry about my husbands safety.
I'm feeling better today. I found time for a walk with the baby and did some sit ups too. Could have made some better food choices but I'm not feeling awful about them either. I should stop wearing the pants I was wearing yesterday. They are actually a pair of maternitty capris. Of course I'm going to feel pregnant and/or fat if I'm still wearing streched out maternity clothes.
And don't get too stressed about your body yet! You JUST had a baby!! It's been 5 months for me, I can't use that excuse anymore.
Talk to y'all later..... :cool:

LeanneM83
10-16-2004, 07:30 PM
Well ladies, Hubby has decided NOT to go to afghanistan BUT to take paternity leave...I am sooo happy, I was honestly having some terrible days...seems like the kids all cried or pooped at the same times...sounds funny now, but I was in tears....so now that that stress is somewhat alleviated I am feeling much better...
I now have 35.6lbs to lose for my goal weight...I am going to run tomorrow and that should make me feel good...
Apple, yes I am still wearing a few maternity clothes and they just make me feel worse instead of better that they are getting bigger...
Leanne

Apple Blossom
10-17-2004, 03:16 AM
I'm so glad your husband doesn't have to go! That's great news!!
Today I was on the phone with my husband (he's only in the next state, not the other side of the world!!!) and the baby started crying, my oldest started screaming and hit my daughter with the phone so SHE was crying. Oh what fun. All 3 at once. It doesn't happen very often but ohhh the stress. I managed to stay away from any stress eating/beer drinking which normally would happen at the end of a day like today. A cold one sure would have tasted good, but I know that I can't hope to lose any weight if I drink beer everyday.....
I still have about 20 pounds to go. We just got some hotel information for our trip to Hawaii today.....maybe I'll stick the brochure up somewhere for inspiration. :cool:
Have a great week-end!!

LeanneM83
10-18-2004, 03:47 PM
I am all for putting pictures up for motivation, and Hawaii is surely a good form of motivation...
Funny to hear my kids arent the only ones who all cry, or hit each other with the phone... ;) Sorry, to hear your hubby is away though..

Yesterday I went for a run on the track at the gym and I managed to run 3km, which thrilled me because I originally intended to run 2km....today my legs are a little sore...no pain no gain right??

Hope you had a good weekend, I know having a cold one seems to help but unfortuantely not where the scale is concerned...bummer!

Leanne

LeanneM83
10-22-2004, 10:18 PM
just bringing us back to the front page!

sharqueen76
10-24-2004, 09:42 PM
Hello Leann, I am also a mother of 3 ages 5,4 and 2. I have 40 pounds to lose. I too am short..only4ft 11 3/4" tall. I weigh 160 and my goal weight is 120. My husband and I are getting ready to celebrate our 6th year anniversary in Feburary. I would love to lose at least 20 pounds by then. I have always been able to lose weight but lately I am at a standstill. I used to run 2 miles everyday with a friend but I can't get a sitter these days. The only time I can run is when my husband is home on the weekends. So, I've been working out to the Body Sculpting System 2(BSS2) by the Firm and I have gotten wonderful results from them. I think with working out with my videos and eating within the 1400 calorie range I should start seeing wonderful results again. This is my all time high, so I definitely need to kick my butt into gear..lol! Ladies, we can do this!!

silly
10-25-2004, 05:06 AM
I guess I'm joining the game a little late, but better late than never when it comes to this. I'm 21 and I had my first baby in July and I count myself lucky that I have lost all of the 50lbs I gained while pregnant, in just 3 months. I think the breastfeeding really kicked up my metabolism. Tomorrow I'm starting at the gym and I'm super excited. Before I was pregnant I had been doing Slimfast and it was working great - then bam, I was prego! lol So at least now I can start where I left off.... I'm at 169 now and would like to be around 130 by next summer.... My fiance and I have set our wedding date for July 29. So I've got a great reason to get back into shape!

Cathy, I understand about the dairy-free diet. My dd has been extremely colicky for the past couple of weeks, and after doing some research I decided to eliminate all dairy foods which I had only been eating small portions of at the beginning, and recently started consuming more. As soon as I cut out the dairy, it made all the difference in the world - a happier baby and a better rested mum. It's super tough though, I HATE soy milk (although the flavoured stuff ain't too bad) and boy do I miss all those goodies like chocolate and mayo. Oh well.... it won't hurt me to leave those things out of my diet anyways! ;) I'm also going to try supplementing with soy formula cause I don't have the patience to pump and i NEED a night out, lol.

I'd love to see pics of everyone and their kids. It's always nice to put a face to the names. My avatar is my daughter Chloe, at 4 days old.
http://photos.yahoo.com/dietried

Cheers,
Dietrie

LeanneM83
10-25-2004, 10:13 AM
welcome ladies

that is awesome for you both....Shar, we CAN do this, and I understand about not being able to work out with kids around...my hubby is now on Pat leave so I can work out, but I usually wait until at least one of the kids is napping...Dietre, congrats on losing all your weight and a wedding is a GREAT way to get motivated and working out...after all, wedding pictures youll have for the rest of your life...your choice if you want to look your best and know you tried your hardest or to put them away....lol...I know youll look awesome, we will make sure you do!!!
I am now running 3 times a week, and do the elliptical 2-3 times a week...I am really feeling stressed..I have 34lbs to lose before New Years...I had a slow week weight wise last week and now I feel like I am "behind", but I understand it has only been a month since I had the baby so my body is still "getting back to normal" and I am not nursing...
We can Do this ladies...for me, it really helps if I feel like I have someone to answer to...this way I cant make excuses up and HAVE to give it my all...
Good Luck today
Leanne
CW 174.0
GW 140
Long term goal 125-130

silly
10-25-2004, 08:08 PM
Leanne,

Don't be too hard on yourself. The more you stress about the weight usually the harder it is to lose it. Just try and stay positive; it's a HUGE goal you are trying to achieve and you just had a baby !! So you are more than entitled to a few setbacks. The important thing to remember is no matter how many steps backwards you take, as long as you continue to move forward that's all that matters. Remember to take it easy as you are still healing too. I know what you mean about having to answer to someone - I find it very hard to self-motivate.

Well I didn't go to the gym today but I've made an appointment to go tomorrow. The daycare takes kids for two hours at a time so I'm going to bust my *** for two hours (and probably die!!) but I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. I also love the elliptical trainer... I find it's a lot easier on my joints and burns more calories than most of the other cardio machines.

Take care,
Dietrie
CW 170
GW 125

LeanneM83
10-25-2004, 09:56 PM
Dietrie

Good luck tomorrow...I love having a day care around for the kids when I need to work out and hubby isnt home...I am very lucky we have drop-in day care here...
thank you for the encouragement...I am in my best friends wedding on New Years, and just dont want to look like I still just had a baby....but its onward and upward for me...
I went to the gym today and ran 5km....yay....I am so happy....running has always worked for me to lose weight...and in March I want to run a race so I want it to be a part of my life and really, I can only get better at it...

Leanne
CW 174.0

silly
10-26-2004, 12:04 AM
Right on on the 5km!! I'd be lucky if I could run one block, lol! Well that race sounds like a good goal to work up to. How long is the race? I wish I could run again... right now it's so hard on my knees and ankles so I can't, but I used to be able to run like the wind... sigh. Maybe one day. Tomorrow I'm just going to park myself on the eliptical trainer and go crazy.

Have you thought of doing sit ups to work on toning your tummy? Right now I would just go easy and do half situps (unless you are feeling up to doing regular ones) Do lots of repititions with good rests in between (cause that's when you build the muscle up) a couple of times every day, and it should help tone your tummy muscles again! I know it helped me to get my tummy muscles back together and I don't look like I'm 5 months prego still three months after having my baby! If you have the determination and consistency, even if you don't lose all the weight by the wedding, I'm sure you can still look awesome!

I'll let you all know how my first day back at the gym goes tomorrow.
Take care all,
Dietrie

LeanneM83
10-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Dietrie

I am hoping to run a 10km race next year....I want my whole family there too...my hubby is a great runner so I hope we will do the race together, although he is a lot faster than me, but together would be nice...
yes, I just started adding abs into my workouts...my skin is so gross right now, I want to tighten it as much as I can...
My weight is finally coming off like I want it too, but I am on a very strict diet and working out a lot...lots of hard work but so worth it....
Hope you had a great day..

Leanne CW 171.8 ( come on 160's/...)

silly
10-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Right on Leanne!!
Where did everyone else go?

Well, I didn't go to the gym today, but I did go yesterday. I did the eliptical trainer for 75 minutes and a whole bunch of situps so my legs are feeling good and my abs are sore. I felt so good yesterday, and not too bad today although I was just bagged last night. I slept in today and grudgingly did some housework. My housework has really piled up on me. Tomorrow I have an assessment test at my gym with a trainer, so the results of which I'm sure will be interesting. I'll let you know what the test says. Also, a pleasant surprise when I stepped on the gym scale.... 166 lbs!!! woohoo!!
It feels so great to be finally getting back on track. Take care!

~Dietrie
CW 166

LeanneM83
10-30-2004, 09:28 AM
Dietrie
Wow, sounds like a good workout...75 minutes is amazing...how did it go with the trainer??
I see you are from Calgary...it must be VERY cold there now...we lived in edmonton in 2002 for 9 months...holy cow it was so much colder than Ontario EVER gets....I saw on the news Alberta already has snow...aaaaaaaaah....

Well, my mission today is to "clean sweep" the playroom....the weekly, toy cleaning and purging of the toysm which I do every day, I think the toys multiply while I am sleeping...haha

Leanne
cw 171.2 :p :) :o

LeanneM83
10-31-2004, 01:08 PM
just seeing if this worked...

http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10602;66;0;1/c/170.6/t/140/s/204/k/4188/weight.png[/img]

Leanne :)

LeanneM83
10-31-2004, 01:09 PM
oops guess it didnt

silly
11-02-2004, 03:30 AM
Hey Leanne,

Well, the fitness test told me what I expected it to -- that I'm fat and out of shape, lol. Tomorrow I have another appointment with the trainer to go through a workout program that he has tailored for my specific needs and goals. I'm really excited, and I'm hoping he can tell me what kind of time frame I can expect to lose the weight (the sooner the better, of course :) ) After I find out what my program is, then I'm planning on going to the gym six times a week. So excited!!

Yesterday, we had a little family get together, and everyone commented on how great I look. It was such an ego boost! (I'm about five lbs lighter than when I first got prego) My sister in law is five months pregnant so I get the joy of laughing at her for many months to come as she gains weight. It's ok tho... she has a sense of humor about it.

Yeah Leanne, it's bleedin' cold out here... But getting warmer as we're getting a Chinook coming through tomorrow. Expecting a high of +14, woohoo!! Most of the snow we have already gotten will be gone by tomorrow. I hope this winter is mild as I walk to the gym with Chloe in the stroller. A little fresh air is so good for the soul.

Well I promise to let you know what the trainer has to say tomorrow!
Toodles
Dietrie

Apple Blossom
11-09-2004, 02:06 AM
Hi everyone! I've been off any diet exercise program for about a week now. My traveling husband was home for a week. Good thing too, because all of us had conjunctivitis. Yuck. The baby and my daughter had pretty mild cases, but my oldest son and I had it pretty bad. Anyway, it seems I have a much harder time dieting when dh is home. That's not good because his busy season is almost over. I'm hoping to get back into things by losing 2 or 3 pounds this week. I need motivation, so come back to this thread!!!
I know Leanne is over there on that want-to run-thread. I feel so jealous when I read those posts. I wish I could start up a running program again. If I really really want to I could find a way....
Anyone as tired as I am? I have trouble keeping my eyes open later than 10:00 at night. The baby has been waking up in the middle of the night and that small loss of sleep has put me over the edge. AGHHHH!!! Turns out he is teething, so hopefully his sleeping habits will return to normal soon.
Speaking of sleep, good-night! :yawn:

LeanneM83
11-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Ooops, sorry ladies, I guess I let this thread slide...
I have been working so hard on my diet and exercise I am starting to feel better and look less and less like I just had a baby....wow, she is 7 weeks old already...
I have been running 3-5 times a week and going on the elliptical...seems to be making my weight come off....yay yay yay
I am still going to wait a few more weeks before I even attempt to try on a dress for my best friends wedding...
Apple- yes, more sleep would be great...it is very rare when I stay up past 10pm too

Hope you ladies are doing GREAT...keep it up!
Leanne
CW 166 :lol:

Apple Blossom
11-15-2004, 12:28 AM
Leanne, I love the picture of your kids! What a sweet family!
I'm still not back on track...maybe tomorrow....
I'm wishing for a new pair of running shoes for my birthday...

LeanneM83
11-16-2004, 08:32 PM
Apple- youll get back when you are ready too, I swear starting is by far the HARDEST part...When is your bday?? what kind of shoes do you want?
My mother in law bought me a new pair of running shoes, they are NIKE and grey and pink- awesome, but I feel like I need to lose some more weight so I look as good as the shoes... :lol:
I have been running a LOT and on the elliptical....love it!
Dietrie? where are you??

Hope you guys are having a great TUESDAY...

Leanne
CW 162.4 :lol: