Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-28-2004, 01:41 AM   #1  

Exclamation Looking for idea's on my eating habits and taking medication

I have been put on medication's that helps with mood swings and what not and have been told not to take on a empty stomach..My problem seems to arrive as to what I should eat so that I do not take my medication on a empty stomach but has well I get enough carbs in me so that I am not looking for snacks later in the morning or day, and thus not being able lose or gaining more weight and or inches. So if anyone can help me with idea's of some decent meals that are easy and no more then one serving, I would be grateful, for not only do I have to combat the medication putting weight on me, I also need to combat the weight that I have allowed myself to put on in my life.
whohmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 09:07 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Whohmann and welcome !!

How many times a day are you taking the meds ? Can you take them around your already planned meals ? this way the guess work is done?

I know with most meds, when they say take with food, that can mean a few crackers, a piece of fruit, a slice of bread, a few pretzles, you get the picture. Just as long as you have something in your tummy, it doesn't have to be a whole meal.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 10:03 PM   #3  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

I agree with Leenie - try it with your regular meals. Also the pharmacist is a great person to ask on how much food you need with the med. Since dairy is supposed to help in weight loss, you might want to try a glass of milk or yogurt. My hubby has to have food with his meds and only needs 50 calories or so to keep his stomach calm. I'd really ask the pharmacist.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote