Old 09-20-2004, 08:10 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Monday Chat 9/20

Nobody awake but me and my chicklets??
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:15 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Oops. Forgot to update me. Same ol' same ol' here. Had some LC ice cream last night and as always afterwards keep asking myself "WHY did I eat that" but can never figure out the answer. Cuz it's good? I don't know. I plan on continuing (if possible) on cutting down what I eat this week to see if that does more with the scale. Next weekend my mom, DD's and I are going to see a Civil War Reenactment. It's about 2 hours from here!!! I'm hoping to make good choices for eating. But knowing me? Probably not. I have to figure out how to do well on the weekend like I do during the week. BUT the good news is..even though I messed up Saturday I DIDN'T mess up Sunday. Usually I would make the whole weekend a carb fest. But at least I've got that one fixed!!! So slowly but surely I'm hoping to fix the whole messed up weekend thing!! Baby steps!!
Hope you all have a great weekend!!
Old 09-20-2004, 08:32 AM   #3  

Good morning ya'll

No new news here...still OP plugging away.

Brenda: Good morning. Good job keeping OP on Sunday. Baby steps definately beat the heck outta carbo loading!

Hugs!
Jules
Loozingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:46 AM   #4  

Morning

Brenda: So you ate the torte didn't you I was just reading this weekends post....Congrats on the 30 pounds gone! You have done great.

Jules:

Nothing much new with me either. Had a nice weekend. Today is my 2nd anniversary. DH gave me a sweet card this morning. We went out to dinner to this old Inn on Saturday night. It was just ok. The only thing bad I had was some crackers and clam chowder. Could have been worse. The rest of the weekend was good. Hate being back at work though.........
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:51 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies,

Brenda & Jules & Jane

Brenda, that LC ice cream reeks havoc on my system. After I had that one episode with it, I haven't touched it. I had a stomach ache for 3 days, I farted forever and boy, its lucky I don't have any wallpaper in my house or it would have been down. That stuff is E-V-I-L

Nothing new here, sosdd. Went apple picking yesterday, had a great time. Apples are beautiful this year, the Mac's are HUGE!!!

Its freezing here this morning, when I got up at 4:45 it was 40 degrees out burrrrrr! One thing about the fall coming is the bee's act crazy, drunk like, all they wanna do is stick to your clothing ICK!!!! (did I ever tell you how much I HATE bee's lol ).

How is everyone today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:53 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JANE !!!

Old 09-20-2004, 08:54 AM   #7  

Thank you Leenie
Old 09-20-2004, 09:10 AM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning chiquitas!!!

Had a pretty good weekend, i was pretty much OP all weekend (but not good on the veggies and had a few too many LC doritos) but then we had an impromptu Thanksgiving type dinner and the mashed taters killed me...but oh well. Went to the gym on Saturday and Sunday so that was good. Spent the weekend cleaning and coming to terms with the fact that summer is over and yes we got jipped since it rained most of August. Brought the turtles in from their pond for the winter and they are all pissed off, they hate going from the 500 gallon pond to their 55 gallon tanks and I don't blame them it sucks. Going to the gym today to work off my mashed taters after work! hahahaha

Jane Happy anniversary!! I love a sweet card!

Leenie here in Oregon we have a HUGE yellow Jacket problem and I hate them when the weather gets cold it is like they are out for blood!! Poor honey bees though they really are drunk when it is cold out.

JULES!!! Great job staying OP, you are an inspiration!

Awh shucks B don't worry about that LC ice cream at least you didn't have mashed taters!

Last edited by Theo'sgirl; 09-20-2004 at 09:12 AM.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 11:42 AM   #9  

Theo'sgirl: Mashed potatoes! I love Thanksgiving dinner *sigh*

Last edited by jane8760; 09-20-2004 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:28 PM   #10  
Somethin's gotta give

Hey ya'll!

Brenda- Hey it was LC so how bad could it be?

Jules: OP...the best place to be

Jane: Happy Happy to you! My DH has changed our online wedding invite countdown to a count up......it used to be how many days to the wedding....now it's how many days we've been married.....he's such a girl
* sigh* boy I love him

Leenie: You're preachin to the choir Sis....I stopped with the atkins candy mostly because it just got too dang embarassing a function for a newlywed to subject her husband to!

TG: MMMMmmmMMMM potatoes.....but I DO have this cauliflower recipe *ducks* OW! that hurt!

I stayed somewhat op all weekend....at least thats what my pee-on sticks tell me...had some LC candy on sunday night, but ok other than that.....got one of those plastic microwave omlette makes at the store....it makes great omlettes!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 02:30 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

Jules: Stay plugging away!! Definitely the way to go!

Jane: Congrats on the anniversary. And yes, I ate the torte. One piece (only cuz it somehow got LEFT at the in-laws ) and then I ate french fries. They were sOOO good. But I was good and got OP Sunday right away instead of wasting that day to. So glad about that. If you can't have something special on your anniversary when CAN you?

TG: Turtles?? You keep your turtles in a 55 gallon pond?? I usually keep my smothered in chocolate Got any pictures of your pond?

Marie: Congrats on staying OP. @ pee on sticks. I tried making "mashed taters" out of cauliflower...what a mess!! lol. It flew all over the kitchen when I tried using the beaters!! To me they STILL tasted like cauliflower. But that's ok--I like cauliflower.

Leenie: So far the LC ice cream doesn't do anything but make me feel full. If I over-stuff myself with it I DO get a belly ache and sick to my stomach. So I've gotta watch how much I eat of that. How's your project coming along??

Well, ate some sandwich meat for a "snack" and lunch. Not much. But figured I best eat something cuz I was a little hungry. So I'm also hoping to start cutting down on supper. Not as big of salads (You should see the bowl I use for my salads. It's a meal in itself. lol) should do the trick.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:38 PM   #12  

Marie: Good luck with the omlette maker.....I just can't seem to do eggs anymore. My DH said to me yesterday...."bet you didn't think you would make it 2 years did you?" I never thought I could be married to anyone......I was sure it wouldn't last.

Brenda: I could eat salads all day! I try to keep it to the 3 cups but I could just eat more!
Old 09-20-2004, 03:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 284/260/160

Hi Ladies! I am a newer member. I started Atkins last Thursday. I started out at 213.5, this morning i weighed 204! I am definitely sticking with this plan. I had a couple questions. I am sure most of you will think I am silly, but I just have to know. I have been reading through a few threads and noticed the terms, "OP" and "DD" used. What do they mean? (Please don't laugh too much at my ignorance)
grn ize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 03:10 PM   #14  

Welcome grn ize: DD can be darling daughter or darn daughter and OP is on plan.

There is a thread somewhere on this site that has a list of all the abreviations.

You will like this group....and good job on your first week!
Old 09-20-2004, 03:56 PM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Grn ize and welcome,

First congratulation on the weight loss !! way to go !!

Here's a link where you can find the abrev:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43984