Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2001, 08:17 PM   #1  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

These new threads gets started less frequently now that there are fewer of us posting...hope some of the others come back soon....I know what you mean about not keeping the journal Lynda.. I get in trouble every time I get lax with that..that is where I am at now! But as Dotti says "One day at a time, no guilt, move on" and that is what I am doing...I am now paying at meetings (which I would not even have to weigh in every week, but I need that to get me on track)...Our meetings are $9 for seniors (which I am now..62) and $11 for others...hopefully I won't have to pay for long...but I am telling you, I feel those few extra pounds! I have been on a break long enough! I have always done better over holidays in the past than I did this year...I won't let that happen again..now I am paying the price! So easy to put on, so hard to lose....Off to the gym...later.. Judy
Old 01-22-2001, 10:00 AM   #2  

Hi y'all. This thread if for 50+? How much over 50? Did you know there is a thread for the feisty 50's and sexy 60's on other age groups? It is a nice bunch of women and we would love to have you "drop in" and visit with us.
Old 01-23-2001, 06:05 PM   #3  

Hi Judy - you're right it won't take you long. One of the mtg. I attended they were talking about being committed or just sort of talking the talk (doing the program when it suited you) and it hit home. Good reason to journal.
Gerri thanks - our group certainly has dispersed and likewise it was a good cross-section of 50's and into 60's group from both Canada and US.
I'm from a suburb of Toronto, On and have been fighting the fight, being on maintenance for 2 yrs.
Judy - did you know I even have FAT legs. Went to get a new pair of boots and the higher ones don't go over my calf!!! My legs have never been terribly shapely but your body sagging and everything falling well thats carrying it a little too far.LOL>
Old 01-27-2001, 10:48 AM   #4  

It is good to hear that somebody else can't wear boots. My calves (even when I am a size 12) will not fit into boots. I wish more of the 50+ crown would show up. There are plenty of the younger ones around.
Old 01-28-2001, 08:31 PM   #5  

Geri -more about you? - where are you from, and what is some of your history?
Old 01-29-2001, 10:43 AM   #6  

Hi all!

I am back for now. I had my computer in for repairs but it still isn't working properly, it won't recognize my printer so I guess it has to go back again sometime this week.

This past week was OK but not great. Water still seems to be a problem.I guess I will have to weigh in this week for sure. It does seem to make one more committed.

Tomorrow will be an OP day !!

Jacquie
Old 01-30-2001, 06:30 PM   #7  

all i have to say is ditto!!! time to stop fooling MYSELF - either I am a weight watcher person or I can carry around that extra flab. Realizing the only person I'm kidding is ME.Time to take control. Lets see how I do.
Old 01-30-2001, 11:36 PM   #8  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Good for you Lynda.. I had to laugh about the boots...Of course I don't know about me with boots because I don't have to wear them here I have said the same as you JUST DO IT! i wasn't able to weigh in last week because I had company, but I will be going this week....I am pretending I am a new member and going for the 10% so I can get to the goal I want...I am back to my regular exercise program too! Walked 4 1/2 miles this morn...getting used to it too! It is warmer here now so I have no excuse....Welcome Geri...we are always glad to have new ones...some of our old gals have disappeared...Glad you have you computer back Jacquie..how did we ever get along without them? http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif Going to see Beauty & The Beast tonight..and another dinner out. ..but I have everything under control...I think! We will find out Thursday at weigh in... http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif Later all... Judy
Old 02-05-2001, 07:19 AM   #9  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

A good weigh in for me...down .8....that is a start...hoping it will be better this week...got lots of exercise in so far...weather is good now for that! Hope to see some of you post soon... Judy
Old 02-13-2001, 09:01 PM   #10  

well Judy end of Jan. wasn't kind to me but knew I was only fooling myself, as discussed. Have pd., gotten new materials, (first book), and deciding whether I want to really give it a go and see how my body behaves. I've been up a down with the same 2 # - time to get serious.
In need of some sunshine!! Just to make you feel fortunate standing in my driveway the snowbank is higher than ME, over 5'!!, not too conducive to exercising like a walk.
take it easy - paint be a beach scene.
Old 02-17-2001, 12:22 AM   #11  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

I know how lucky I am to have this sunshine Lynda.. Wish I could share some with you by email...I was down .6 at weigh in yesterday...seems like it should be more....seems like I have been walking my butt off... http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif but I still have plenty left! Our daughter & son-in-law came today so there will be lots of eating out...hope I can control that!
Will just hope for the best...good luck.... Judy
Old 02-17-2001, 03:38 AM   #12  

journal - journal - journal
Old 02-17-2001, 10:48 AM   #13  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif O.K.
Old 02-18-2001, 08:35 PM   #14  

Ladies, may I join you? I am 59 and live in Tidewater Virginia. I struggled with my weight until I was 36, finally got serious about WW and lost 195 pounds which I maintained for 20+ years. 18 months ago I quit smoking and gained 40 pounds. I also have had a recurrence of childhood asthma and take inhaled steroids daily for that which causes me to be hungry most of the time. December 30 I went to WW and got the new materials and January 1 I started in earnest. As of yesterday I am down 19.8 pounds and reached my 10% goal. When I went back I had them raise my goal to 155 so I can quit paying sooner. You can change your goal when you get older. I am feeling much better and next month if my asthma checkup is good the doctor is going to cut down on my meds. Loosing weight has many benefits besides looking better!

I'd really like some buddies to help me stay on the straight and narrow.

Susan
191.6 - 171.8 - 155
Old 02-20-2001, 08:41 AM   #15  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Glad to have you Susan Some of our gals have vanished and there is not very many of us left, but we will be glad to support each other...Just a few days until weigh in for me...a lot of eating out this week because our daughter is visiting...Am trying to be real careful....later all.... Judy
Closed Thread