South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 06:29 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Talking The Weekend! August 7 and 8

It feels like September out there this morning so wear a warm robe if you plan to join me on the deck for coffee. I got out my chenille one that I put away for the summer!

Well, I lost 58 pounds yesterday when my darling Hershey flew out to Edmonton! The blood results showed she was "ready" and we really had to scurry around. She didn't have time to shave her legs! I met Morna's DH halfway to Ottawa and he made it to the plane with no time to spare. Hersh did fine on the trip. Her hostess said she came out of the crate with tail wagging, a big Portie grin and a "Where's my supper?" woof. She is such an adaptable and well adjusted girl! Lucy is pining for her dog mommy and is getting extra cuddles.

Today I plan to finally make some chili for the freezer, fit in a bit of garden work, try out this damned knee for a short walk and spend a couple of hours on that darn script for the 15th. The actor is getting twitchy!

What's happening your way?
Old 08-07-2004, 08:15 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, dear Ruth.
I closed all the windows last night, and it's nice and toasty in here compared to yesterday. But I'm going out for breakfast with a friend, and I've got my woolies on.
I'll be cooking today, too. (no laughter, please. Just applause.) I've got my low-fat Moosewood cookbook out, and I'll be making Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burritos. They're really yummy, and I always freeze a big batch individually for quick meals.

How's everyone else?
Old 08-07-2004, 08:24 AM   #3  
RNMOM

Default Hello

Hi to all of ya!

Ruth, hope the doggies are getting along, despite the hairy legs

Ellis, you need to post that recipe. Sounds wonderful.

Just finishing up some housecleaning today, hopefully in good time so I can go to the nearby mountains and pick huckleberries. It clears my brain, and I'm on overload right now. My daughter should get here tonight and my son and his family here tomorrow night! Too excited.

I asked them what they would like cooked while they are here. My daughter wants my eggrolls with sweet and sour sauce. My son wants lasagna. Eek, neither of which are SB friendly. But of course, mommy will fix what they want.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 08-07-2004, 08:40 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

RNMom, have a wonderful time with your family!!
Old 08-07-2004, 09:12 AM   #5  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default itchyitchyitchyitchy

All I have to do is make it through work today, and then I get a WHOLE WEEK OFF! I know I'm a Yank, but I feel the need to let out a YEEEEEHAWWWWWW! A "wahoo!" just doesn't cover it.

Ya know, Terry always complained about this computer chair, and now it's helping me along with this diet.....everytime either of us sits in it for more than 5 minutes, we have to poop. Is that weird? It's just a regular ol' home computer chair. (Regular, indeed!) Should have used the chair in my first 2 weeks, huh?

Well, after working 8 hours today, I'm going to buy the final gift for Terry for our 2 year anniversary tomorrow. I'll go into what I got him tomorrow, after he finds out everything he's getting. (He's been known to snoop our house, my parents' house, etc, so I know he'll snoop the boards.)

Well, I need to go try to shed a few layers of skin, and then take a shower and get ready. You all have a great day!
Old 08-07-2004, 09:42 AM   #6  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets~~

Sitting here with my tea. Stepped outside and it feels like September...cool with a breeze. Lovely!

DD has invited us to her new place for dinner tonight...she's making chicken...not sure what else...so not sure how OP it will be....will do my best though.

Got a phone call from my aunt...she's coming out here from WA state in the fall for her brother's 90th birthday and will probably stay thru the new year. That will be great for me...she's a retired vampire....I'm going to have her teach me everything she knows.

Not much else going on...

Ruth, glad Hershey's trip went well. When will you have her home?

RNMOM...I had to laugh at your comment yesterday...you've got this notion that I'm such a whirlwind of activity...truthfully, I'm about as lazy as a three-toed sloth.

Ellis, have fun with your cooking today.

Hey Weezle...must have missed you when I posted...but Hello!!

Ok, outta here...everyone have fun on the Beach this beautiful day.

Mamacita

Last edited by Mamacita; 08-07-2004 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:30 AM   #7  

Yippee! It's the weekend!!!!!

Ruth You crack me up- "no time to shave the legs!"

RNMOM Have a wonderful time with your kids. My mom absolutely loves it when all four of us are home at the same time. It doesn't happen too often though.

Ellis Post that recipe, girl! It sounds great.

Jen You know we are all here for you and thinking good thoughts for your DD.

LaurieX Gotta love it when that scale moves in a downward motion.

Not much on our agenda this weekend- our house needs a thorough cleaning and there is a massive amount of laundry to do. We are broke until DH gets paid on Friday, so that keeps us a bit housebound. I told DD that we would pack a little picnic and go to the playground. A nice, laidback day for us!

My first three days with the kids were really good, I am looking forward to a great year.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:31 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chickies!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday - the board meeting took a lot more effort than I previously thought!

I went out last night and screwed up my phase 1. Ate a tuna wrap at the board meeting, as well as a cookie. I didn't eat dinner, per se. It was an all liquid diet: 3 beers and God only knows how many jack and diet cokes...

I am supposed to be at the meeting right now, but my throat is killing me as are my ears. I think the cold that's been trying to get me has finally did.

So I got on the scale this morning to see the damage - I am no longer bloated and have not been to the gym in 5 days now (but have been walking more ot compensate).

I get on and it reads my lowest ever -- 191.7

Now, my question to you is, do I count this?????????? I don't want to eat (not that I can my throat is really hurting) in fear of screwing up this number! I am going to try getting to the gym as well.

Ugh. I hate this.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:08 AM   #9  
Faith in me

Good Morning ladies!!

Jenne I would totally count it! Good for you! I hope you feel better soon....Sore throats and colds are the worst.

Kiko have fun at the playground with your DD! I'm sure you'll have a nice time.

Mamacita have a nice time at your DD's.

Weezle, how funny about that chair! That cracked me up I too am going to be on vacation all of next week. I'm going with my family to Nags Head and I can't wait!!!! Happy Anniversary to you and your DF!

RNMOM I hope you have a wonderful time with your family! There is nothing better than a family get together!

Ellis that recipe sounds delish!! Do post the recipe! I hope you have a great weekend!

Ruth I'm glad that Hershey had a good trip. I'm sure she'll do just fine! When does she get to come home? I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Well girls like I said I will be gone for a week...Going on vacation with the family and a friend. Hopefully I'll stay op...I'm sure I will....there are just some tempting things down there...say ice cream, taffy, fudge, fried seafood...I just have to steer clear of all of that....Well I hope all you ladies have a wonderful weekend and week. Play safe on the beach and no throwing sand at anyone! Ride the waves! Talk to you all when I get back!!
Old 08-07-2004, 11:45 AM   #10  

Jess The awesome thing about Nags Head is all of the walking paths. If you get up early enough you can beat the heat! Are you staying in a house or hotel? If you are staying in a house/cottage with a kitchen, you can stock up on some OP foods. Have fun- we were there in July and had an absolute blast!

Jenne Are you hungover? My weight is usually down after I have drank a lot the night before because I am dehydrated. Count the weight, but it may go up a bit once you eat and rehydrate your body.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:54 AM   #11  
missaprylj

Sounds like everyone has a really eventful weekend ahead of them! I guess I am included in that. I have to babysit from 2:00 until 1:00a.m. today!! That is such a long time... and the weather here sucks, so we'll be indoors.
Then, tomorrow, I'm cleaning my house out of all "Non-South Beach" items and going grocery shopping. Fun fun!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Old 08-07-2004, 12:10 PM   #12  

To see how my weekend started check out my post about sign not to eat... BUt on a happier note I weighed this morning and have lost 3 more lbs woohooo Have havent seen those digits on the scale in a long long time. YAY!! I'm prolly not going to to do alot this wekend just clean and relax.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

HI, EVERYONE,

I'm finally back, if just for a week, til I go off again with DD and GD. We'll be leaving Friday for Lake Sacandaga, NY. We're staying in a cottage by the lake and it sounds like it will be a lot of fun. GD is threatening to get me on water-ski's, but this Grandmom thinks NOT. We'll be there a week with NO HUSBANDS, so it promises to be a very relaxing vacation. (For me, anyway). This summer has been an extremely busy one, with a lot of traveling, weddings, and visitors. I've been maintaining my weight, but it's been challenging at times. I keep trying to go on Phase 1 and start losing again, but always find an excuse not to. I hope that being back here with you Chicks gives me some incentive.

Jodi and Jen: I'll be saying prayers that all is well with your DDs.

Ruth: Glad that Hershey had a good trip, and hope time flies by til she's back home again with you and Lucy.

Clovey: Hope your kitty gets well soon. Like Laurie, I completely understand how you feel about her.

RNMom: Wow! You are almost to your goal! WAY TO GO!!! Have lots of fun with your kids home this week!

Ellis: It's pretty chilly here in Philly today, too. I started the day in shorts and all the windows open, but now I'm in jeans with the windows closed and am staying inside! What happened to the dog days of August?

Laurie: I'm impressed with your weight loss, too. You are doing extremely well, and I know you"ll do even better with your personal trainer. Before too much longer, we could be expecting an important announcement from you!

Hi to everyone that I've missed!

Oh, before I forget, DD's ultrasound shows that we are having another granddaughter!
Old 08-07-2004, 04:27 PM   #14  

I just got back from shopping for back to school clothes for DS at Target. It's tax free weekend and the stores are packed. I went through his closet and he had a LOT of stuff that is too small. Luckily he isn't picky so he doesn't mind if I buy him solid colors rather than stuff with the latest superheroes on it.

I'm still stuck at 179 this morning. I'm planning to get back to the pool later since DS wants to show his Dad that he can jump off the diving board and slide down the slide and swim to the ladder. His swimming has really improved. I actually got to swim alot yesterday while keeping an eye on him.

The creole gumbo was good last night although it was pretty mild. Might need to spice it up a little next time.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:46 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick good morning to everyone!

Today is a day when I must force myself to write that darn script. How the heck can you make a sermon on Temperance interesting and funny? Maybe I should pass out shots of booze to the audience. As usual, I am working to a deadline - the only way I ever get stuff done - as I need to meet with the actor tomorrow afternoon. "Works well ONLY under pressure"

Lucy is still pining a bit for her missing Mommy. Yesterday she spent a couple of hours digging up and reburying the family bone collection. It was kind of like rearranging the furniture when your mother is out. I did that once and it was not appreciated!

In a successful attempt to avoid writing, I made a huge batch of chili yesterday, some minestrone soup, an eggplant casserole and a great pork chop and pepper dinner. I'll post some recipes when I get a chance.

I promise not to come in here until later today when I have 2000 words written!
Closed Thread