Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 08:54 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Cool Funky Friday

Morning all,

Went out to dinner last night and I think I did very well. I had a stir fry which came with two pieces of garlic toast, so I ate one. I had the stirfry and left most of the rice. I had a salad to start ww 0 point italian dressing on the side and luckily the salad was just veggies...

Lori: I hate it when that happens!! I have done that before. Ate something, thought it was low and then bang found out it was high and then just decided to blow the day. All or nothing thinking is probably something all of us have struggled with so you are not alone!

Kierie: I am sorry to hear about the soldier.

Belle: Enjoy your long weekend!!

Tonya: nice to see ya again!

Hello to Jess, Becky, Jen and everyone else!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 07-30-2004, 08:58 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Belle: They just had one of the top 32 Canadian Idol people on the radio this morning. She won praises from EACH of the judges and Zach even said she pretty much was too good for the competition and then didn't even make the top 3 of her night. I think to win to make it into the finals this comp you had to a). be a pretty boy or b). sing a recent radio song. Theresa annoys me too ..

Cheers!

Ali
Old 07-30-2004, 10:44 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Hey Ali! My Dad e-mailed me today about the Cdn Idol votes and then I read this - ha ha!! I think you are probably right about what it takes to get on that show. I still watch it even when it's frustrating! Congrats on eating out so well yesterday!! You are doing awesome!

I thought I was doing well too but today I stepped on teh scale and found out I am UP 3lbs!!! How can this be?? Somebody tell me....I mean, yes, I started with teh weights routine this week, but how much muscle could I really have gained?? I am hoping it's water weight, but I am very discouraged b/c this brings me to my highest weight in 2 years. And its VERY despressing.

Today I am trying to not let it sabotage me. I am carrying on and counting points and I walked extra this morning. I'll WI again on Tuesday before we leave for our trip and hopefully it won't be so bad....

The only think I can think is that I ate at the Keg last night. But here was my day:

B: 1 banana, 1tps lite peanut butter, water, coffee
S: carrots and hummous
L: pasta (2c) with tomatoe and spinach, half a bun, water
D: big salad with vinagerette dressing, one 8oz steak, green beans & mushrooms, one bun., diet coke (the Keg)

Ali, what do you think? Was that a bad day? Would there be water weight from that??

Someone send me some good vibes so I can carry on with the program...

Today I am off at noon and then I'll be meeting my sis and baby Genna for lunch. Back in teh office on Tuesday and then we leave early on Wed morning for NB

I am freaking out b/c I hate to be on a plane where my butt doesn't fit comfortabley. sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. and I feel horrible when I don't. It kills me.

I am so depressed. I have 10 weeks to teh wedding. I REALLY want to be 199....what am I doing wrong???
Old 07-30-2004, 11:12 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Belle: I think your food seemed really good. It could be the steak had a marinade/sauce that was high in sodium. Is your TOM near? That could have an effect too. Also with a new routine, sometimes are muscles are like "uh, hello, what are you doing to me?" and add more water. If the mushrooms are sauteed, they usually include a ton of sodium too. I'd just drink maybe a little extra water today and unless it's TOM, I'd say your weight will probably be down demain! I hear ya about the plane, the last time I was on one of those I was even bigger (240lbs). I think even thin people don't find planes that comfortable either. I hope you're not beside any screaming babies!

Cheers!

Ali

Cheers!

Ali
Old 07-30-2004, 01:55 PM   #5  
Proud Canadian

Hello!! I've missed you guys. Things are crazy busy here and Tuesday ends my days of surfing the net at work (insert sad face here) - my replacement starts her training on Tuesday and we will be sharing the office until my last day which is August 25th. I registered for my classes today which went well and now I have to pay my tuition (heart attack!!) I will keep up as much as I can and hop on every now and then. I need you guys!! I loved the conversation about how far apart kids are - my sister has the triplets who will be 14 months old when their baby brother or sister are born. She'll be very busy. The rest of life is continuing - I'm going to my parent's new cabin this weekend and very excited about fishing. My weight it stupidly holding steady but at least I'm not gaining. I better get busy organizing my records so the new girl isn't too confused when she gets here. I'll be back!!

KT
Old 07-30-2004, 03:20 PM   #6  
Running Babe

KT: Try and drop in when you can! I actually posted quite a few times from the labs at school, so you might be able to do that! Good Luck though! My bro is thinking of taking some classes this fall (I think at Simon Fraser), my other bro is applying for UBC for 2005 (Medical School). I do want to get to Vancouver next year though

Ali
Old 07-30-2004, 04:07 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

That's funny - SFU is where I've been working for the past 5 years. If you end up coming out some time make sure you get a hold of me!! We could go for coffee!! (or non-fat lattes)

KT
Closed Thread