Old 07-18-2004, 07:24 AM   #1  
Walking away the weight

Default Stay at Home Moms #218

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. Please feel free to jump right in a say hello and to all you regular posters I look forward to another wonderful day with you!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 08:02 AM   #2  
Walking away the weight

Default Fresh Start

Good morning gals! I've decided I need a fresh start today with the diet . . . I've been way off plan the last two days and as you know, kind of lacking in good choices the past week or so. So, Today I'm back on track. I was thinking about how much weight I've lost and how I truly don't want to gain it all back. DH and I talked and he was first to admit he was being immature and, in his words , should just "get over it." So I'm feeling better about that. I think maybe this afternoon I'll take Liam out to run errands so he has some time to work on editing our home movies (his big project).

Kristin- sorry Sydney was so out of sorts while you were eating out And, I totally agree with you about the teething spit up thing. I know docs say it isn't connected, but I'm thinking, "Are you with the baby 24/7?" How can it be just coincidence that when he teeths, his tummy bothers him too?

Spryng- How do you feel? Know what you mean about needing lots of stuff. I know when I get the stuff we desperately need today, I'll blow the remainder of this motnth's budget. Luckily it resets on the 26th DH is really proud of my weight loss - he announces how many pounds I've lost to friends and family It's actually quite cute. I love pizza - one of my favorite things to eat! Big Brother was interesting last night, eh?

Geri- thanks for the blessings against TOM He'll be here any minute and I kind of can't wait so that I can be remotivated. THose resistance band type things really do work - I've used one before.

Angel- I don't think your wine on the gums suggestion is crazy. We've also been told rub rum or whiskey on his gums . . . well, we were told that by someone from France You had lots of cleaning!Bet you were relieved once all that was done.

Crystal - glad the girls enjoyed the movie - I'm sure Andrew will very soon. My godson's first movie was Finding Nemo and he was enthralled with the movie theater, big screen, etc. After it was over, he asked his mother: "Can we get a TV like that at home?" She was like, "Hmm . . . typical boy, right?" I love that story - it's so cute!

Michelle- glad you got lots of rest - that's always a good thing! Yeah - Flexpoints is a bit different - I guess you could use 2 flexpoints each day to bring you up to 26 points if you wanted to. A Finding Nemo theme is cute! You could have water guns as favors, goldfish crackers, etc.

Mel- I'll let you know when the stuff arrives. Can't wait to see it! Of course, DH is probably going to think I spent more money on clothing for Liam With the Tylenol - I had given him some, but he was still really fussy for an hour and a half after that so I'm not sure- but then the fussiness did pass, thankfully. I think if it had been the nanny watching him, I would have felt better because she has lots of experience, but the sitter we were using is a 19-year-old and she seemed frustrated with him when we came home from the movie. So, that made me feel wary about the whole thing, because when he's fussy you need lots of patience with Liam

Okay, Liam is waking up - I'll post later . . .
Old 07-18-2004, 08:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!!

I had a horrible nightmare so I'm up already hopefully I can go back to sleep soon I hate my over active imagination sometimes. TOM should be here soon I'm not looking forward to it!! My weigh in is today also so we'll see what my friend the scale has to say to me lol. I haven't gotten out of bed to weigh yet, its too warm and cozy here.

Spryng - Hubby was thinking of buying an older house to fix up and then I reminded him that we needed to have the money to fix it up lol so his opinion on that changed quickly lol. So the house that we ended up buying is 50 years old and recently renovated so it doesn't need much work at all just to finish framing up the basement. You'll have to let me know how that enchilada casserole is, I have to go dig out the recipe and copy and paste it.

Leigh - I would have done the same thing if one of my girls was sick. Also I use ibuprofen more than tylenol for the girls when they are in pain it seems to work better for some reason. I'm so confused with some of the WW stuff because the old program says 24 points and the new one says 26 with 35 flexpoints. The info that came with mine said 26 points a day, maybe Spryng can shed some light on this I hope Liam is feeling better today. Let us know

Nothing big planned here today but just spending time with the family. Hopefully it will be nice out and we can go for a swim and we are planning on taking the girls to the park to feed the ducks too so that should be fun and I'll take some pics for you guys

Well I'm gonna surf the net a little then try and go back to sleep.
Love to all!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 08:39 AM   #4  
Walking away the weight

Michelle- thanks for posting the new thread alert - I completely forgot! I'm sorry you had a bad dream - that's no fun. Liam seems to be in a much better mood today, so that's good. Yeah, maybe Spryng will have more info on the points differences. Hope you fall back asleep soon!
Old 07-18-2004, 09:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!!

I was in bed by 10:30 last night and up at 7:40 so I feel pretty good today. My cold is dissapating, so I'm happy about that too. What does everyone have planned for today? Well, once again I am going to attempt to clean this house, lol. I only got dishes done yesterday, the kids picked up the living room because they wanted to play my gamecube and that is the condition on them playing it. Oh and before they went to bed we picked up their rooms. So today I need to work on more dishes, counters, floor, table top, laundry and vacuum too. We'll see how much I get done, lol. I'm not sure what I want for dinner tonight. Maybe I'll make one of those casseroles. I froze all the leftover bbq beef yesterday because it was so good and I want to share it with DH out on the road. So that will be 1-2 meals for us.

Ok, Michelle, you get 26 pts per day plus 35 flexpoints... don't go by the winning pts number. Winning pts went by ranges, you would have 24-29 pts per day with winning pts. Winning pts was all about banking pts. So you culd eat 24 pts and save the rest of those pts for a big meal at the end of the week or whatever, but flexpoints doesn't make you earn those extra pts, that is what the 35 flexpoints are for. I hope that clears things up. So if you are doing flexpoints then you get 26 pts per day and 35 flex for the week. HTH! So sorry you had a bad nightmare. I get those alot too. The other night I woke up in a sweat because aliens (from the movie alien with sigourney weaver) was attacking the earth! LOL. I was running for my life! It's comical in the daytime, lol, but it really had my heart racing that night. And sometimes I have horrible dreams about my family hurting me again or my kids being hurt, etc. So I understand your pain. I'll send you sweet dream vibes for tonight!! And get out of bed! LOL, I want to hear about your WI! Yes, I told dh about that house and he said, you'd really buy it today if we could wouldn't you? And I said I'd love to move in and fix it up, but he had to remind me that it takes time and money (he is the carpenter, electrician, plumber, etc, lol) and he isn't home enough to do anything and I'd be stuck in a very old house with 3 kids that has lots of problems. I know he is right. All I could do is paint and all that. I don't know much about anything else. So I will put that house out of my mind and focus on my house, lol. Someday though, someday....

Leigh, a freash start sounds good! TOM has really messed you up this time huh? And I am feeling good today, thanks for asking! That is so great that your dh is proud of you and your weightloss. My dh tells everyone about ww too. He says I need to be a spokes woman, lol. But I told him I never officially joined ww through online or meetings so they wouldn't see me as a real member. But that is ok, I consider myself a lifetime member!! In all rights I am... I got to my goal weight, I've maintained or been below that number for 6 weeks and that makes me a lifetimer!

Well, guess I should get off here and get a shower, then I'll feel much better and able to start cleaning. Have a wonderful day all! Oh, is anyone planning on seeing The Days tonight? It's that new series on abc I think. Comes on at 9 pm central (6 ft under at 8!!) Anyway, I thought I'd check it out and see if it's any good.
TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 09:42 AM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Good morning gals. This will be short, I've got to clean the breakfast dishes and give the kids a bath. I had a pretty good night last night, hope everyone else did too. I had to go to Walmart last night and get a birthday present for the little boy's birthday today at Chuck E. Cheese's. So after I get the house in order, do some laundry and get some computer work done, I'll be going to that.
Hope everyone has a good day.
Leigh, I never ever want to leave my kids with anyone when they are being cranky, even my mom or MIL. But the Tylenol thing is a great thing, however, with each child being different, you need to figure out how Tylenol affects Liam. I mean with Alisa, even Tylenol will put her down for the night, she will sleep, sleep, sleep, but Tylenol never seemed to do anything for Ally I had to use children's Motrin or Advil. With Andrew, Tylenol doesn't put him to sleep but does seem to help him feel better. So once you figure out what works for him, there is nothing wrong with giving it to him when he's being so cranky he's being un-normal, obviously they don't feel good when they are cranky. Anyways, that's enough of that.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 10:30 AM   #7  

Height: 5 foot

Hey! Sounds like had a full weekend so far!! Mine was ok.. My hubby didn't act like an a**hole, so it made the day go ok! I got everything cleaned but I'm pretty pissed off because now I have to clean the whole house over again after the beach trip tomorrow!! This is the laziest bunch of family members in the world! No one in the house helps! My hubby always say if you want about 5 minutes I will help you... but I did that ONE time... and it never happened! So I won't make that mistake again! The only rooms that were still a mess were our room and our bathroom! But no one went in there... my sister called herself helping... which she did ALOT! But that made my room look horrible! I spent most of the day/night cooking and cleaning. But at about 7 or 8 p.m. they finished barbq'ing and I relaxed. They are really kool people! We all went to the beach yesterday... of course I didn't get to have any fun!! I was watching the baby most of the time... then after that I was tired and I wanted to just lay down and take a nap... but why did it start raining and then pouring!! So we had to go! WHY ME?? So it got sunny again at about 5 so I rushed to go to the pool by myself... I get there ready to take a nap because I figure no one else would be there... and there wasnt at first... and then these 2 guys decided to come over there.. sooo no sleep. I can't sleep while in the middle of no where with 2 dudes! Then... I said forget it and was going to get in the water... IT STARTED RAINING AGAIN!! But oh well as far as today goes… I told my sister that we'll just have to go places that's free, or that she can spend her own money on things that she wants! I don’t have any extra money unless I go on one of my taking back stuff rampages! Does anyone else around here do that?? I don't want her to leave!! If I could... I'd adopt her and let her go to college out here!! But my parents want her back. My mom is having that surgery for her stomach.. lap-band.. or whatever it is! I hope it goes good! Well I'm back up to 142! But oh well... I lost 1 inch from my waist and 1 inch from my hips since July 2nd, so I'll take that then! I didnt measure my thighs and stuff last time... that's where I want to lose the most! My hubby tried to make me feel better telling me... well muscle weighs more than fat! But I somehow don't believe that no matter how much someone tells me that! I've read different articles... all I know for a fact is that muscle takes up less space.... but no one has proven to me yet that it weighs more. I think that is just a cop out to make people feel better... maybe it's just me! But it pissed me off a little because I was 1 lb behind my sister.. she was 139.. now she is 135. I cant catch up now! I bought me some stacker 2's but they make me sick to my stomach of course.... I took them 2 days ago.. and they still make me sick.. But oh well. I will take them.. I don't have anything else! I've been eating terrible. Either not eating at all, and then eating a big meal at night... or just eating all day.. I havent really journaled in a couple of days. I've been writing down stuff today of what I can remember... but I'm slacking off big time! I ate two burgers for the barbq.. but I added my own wheat buns, fatfree mayo, cheese, etc. I've been craving sweets and chocolate.. that is my problem.. I can't shake it!! I dont know what to do anymore.... I just hope we have enough money next week, because I 'm going to order 2 months supply of those adipex. My hubby doesnt even know I take them.. he would have a fit. Anyways Today... we are going to go somewhere! I don't know where yet... It isnt supposed to rain, but it looks like it is! I have to go exercise before it is too late! I will talk with yaw’l later! Love Jay~~
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 10:59 AM   #8  

Hey girls!! Well I did get up to WI lol and it said 217.2 and then I went and laid down for an hour more and then I weighed again because I didn't believe the scale and the second time it said 219.4 AGAIN!!! I really wonder if something isnt up with my scale but it should be fine I mean it is brand new!! But for now I'll take the lower number because It makes me feel better so let me calculate lol That would be Down 2.2 lbs!!! But let me know what you guys think about my scale problems I'm baffled maybe I should get a dial scale just in case I think something is up with my digital.

Spryng - My horrible nightmare was about this crazy girl beheading me with a kitana sword, because she wanted to eat my meat lol, I blame all my recent beheading dreams on the News because they are always talking about that stuff and it scares me to death!! I once had a dream that giant robots were attacking the earth. Its crazy what an imagination will do to ya I hate those dreams when something happens to my children or family members I always wake up crying I guess its all part of being a mommy. Thanks so much for the clarification on points!! I was really confused because my pt calculators are both winning points so maybe I need to get a flex calculator, hubby might not like it though, so we'll see.

Ok enough of that
I think I'm ready to go back to bed now so I will TTYL!!!
Michelle
Old 07-18-2004, 12:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

Just had a great lunch!! Have you seen those new lean pockets ultra?? They are low carb lean pockets, but I got the supreme pizza one, it's made with a whole wheat crust and it's only 4 pts!! That's the lowest ever for lean pockets. And it really did taste like a supreme pizza, like a calzone. Very good, I had that with some baked lays for a total of 6 pts and I'm full. Just wanted to share my find!

Michelle, congrats on the 2 lbs gone!! I would definitely go with the first WI you did too. You know that even if you didn't eat or drink all day your weight will still gradually increase as the day progresses? It's true. Our organs and such build water and extra stuff that effects the scale. So you are no longer in a stall! How exciting! I don't have a pts calculator, I have a winning pts paper slider, maybe you can just try finding one of those on ebay or something, but they are hard to find by themselves. What I would do is keep using your calulator to calulate pts and such but write your totals down in your journal and keep track of your flex points that way.

Jaymi, so sorry you had another rough day. Things do get better. And I do believe with all the exercise you have been doing your weight may be up due to your muscles retaining some water or even muscle gain so don't worry about it. But your clothes should start feeling looser soon. How much younger is your sister than you? I wouldn't try to keep up with her weight loss, younger people lose so much better because their metabolisms haven't been messed up yet with pregnancies and such. And you know you can rant and rave here anytime but every now and then we'd all like a personal thought from you if you wouldn't mind. I mean this is a thread where we give as good as we get and that means getting personal, just a thought

Crystal, chuck e cheese sounds like so much fun! I love taking the kids there, they always have a blast! And I like their pizza too You always stay so busy, lol. I feel like I'm the only one here without a life, lol. O-well.. I know it won't be like this forever, plus I really like my life! So I'm not complaining.

Well I have finished cleaning my kitchen today, the kids re-cleaned the living room so I'll go vacuum it in a sec and laundry is going so so far so good! I have my MP3's blaring in the living room so music always keeps me moving! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 12:45 PM   #10  

Spryng way to go on getting so much accomplished!!! I just am so confused over the scale thing sometimes and of course you know I get so discouraged lol. But thanks to you I keep chuggin along like the little engine that could. I think my next docs appt is next friday I hope she's not disappointed EEKS!! I love cleaning to music too!! Do you ever dance with your broom? lol I might be the only dork to do that!! I'm gonna look and see if I can find some of those lean pockets sounds yummy!! Did you see that smart ones by WW has a "smartwich" it is just like a hot pocket! I tried the MSF breaded "chik'n" patty last night YUM!!!!! Sooooo good!! Of course it was 5 points with the patty and the bun and then I put Miracle whip light on so it was a 6 pt sandwich but definately good!! I might try the "burgers" tonight for supper since today is my flex day! We decided the girls need to take naps before we go to the park so Taylor doesnt start throwing a fit in public. Spryng I always come here when I have a break too so don't feel bad at all!! Well I'm gonna go find something to do, I'll TTYL!!
Michelle
Old 07-18-2004, 12:52 PM   #11  
SAHM of 3

Oh Spryng, I love having nothing to do. I mean once in a while enjoying something new with the kids is great but otherwise I love staying home and not doing much of anything. You wait until the winter sets in, there has been a time or two or three that me and the kids haven't left the house for like 2 weeks, I'll send dh to the store on his way home for something. I'm serious, I can't stand getting the kids out when it's cold and when everyone is sick and you just know you'll be next or your kids. See now next weekend my sister is cooking out to celebrate my mom's b-day, my b-day and my dh's b-day, they are all a week apart, so we're gonna celebrate all of them together. The weekend after that my dh's family will probably celebrate our b-days. See I never thought of myself as busy, alot of these women do seem busy but maybe I am. I would enjoy not having much to do and staying home, but the way I look at it is, going to Chuck E. Cheese at 3 pm means I don't have to cook dinner, I'm not gonna pass that up, LOL!!!
Michelle, that dream was terrible. I'm so sorry about that. I don't seem to dream very much or at least I try not to, because no matter how nice my dreams start out they always tend to get bad, so I just don't like to at all. But when you're pregnant you have all kinds of dreams all the time.
Jaymi, the house thing, I understand that. It's never done. Try to relax and enjoy the weekend. See the way I see it is because we stay home during the week, I don't do housework on the weekends, unless it has to be, like maybe one load of laundry or if I'm gonna have company. Other than my cooking and cleaning that mess. Especially Sundays, I don't do like any house work, I save that for the week.
Well girls, I'm gonna get some lunch and then give the kids a bath. I hope you all have a great day.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 01:02 PM   #12  

crystal - I totally know what you mean about pregnancy dreams!!! I had some doozies!!!! I had a dream when I was preg with taylor that my mom could take the baby out of me for exactly 6 minutes then we had to put her back in or else...we made it just in time lol. Then when i was preg with teagan I had a dream that I just started pushing but not because i was in labor and I had her prematurely so we rushed her to the hospital and my doctor chewed me out for pushing her out early LOL!! I hope you have a great time at chuck E cheeses!!! I wish we had one here!!

Leigh - I missed your little post the first time around I think lol, I'm so glad that Liam seems to be feeling better today!! I bet that takes a load off your shoulders Also I assumed that you just forgot about the new thread alert, I do that sometimes! I just thought I'd put it there for ya We make a good team lol!! Hope you have a nice day!!!

Ok really I'm leaving now....I think lol.
TTYL!!
Michelle
Old 07-18-2004, 02:32 PM   #13  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Talking Happy Sunday!!

Hey friends!

Hope's party went well yesterday, but I am so tired!

I am doing the fresh start too, Leigh! I sure need it after my week of crappy eating! But amazingly, I didn't gain any this week, I still stayed the same! I am not pushing my luck, though. I know I can't continue to eat this way and stay the same. My clothes continue to get looser, I should take measurements. I am trying to decide if I want to join the gym or not. I just can't exercise here without distractions, problems or just kids getting in my way. My friend wants to pay for it, but I don't want to let her unless I am sure I will use it enough!

Michelle, I always go with my first wieght of the day. I have noticed that if I move my digital and weigh again, it changes, so I still go with the lowest I'd be a fool not to!

Jaymi, YOu sound a bit stressed. Hope this week goes better for you.

Maybe this week will be more normal and I can post better! School starts in two weeks, so I know I will be back to normal soon!

BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 04:46 PM   #14  
Walking away the weight

Default Sunday Afternoon

Hi! Had a very busy day, but also very productive. Most importantly, I'm totally OP today and even did a workout tape Liam and DH went to a Braves baseball game (Liam's first) while I went to Target and the grocery store (finally!). I got Liam one of those Bead Chasers for $10, but haven't shown it to him yet - I'm waiting until he gets bored with his current toys. I separate his toys into two groups and rotate them so he doesn't get too bored with them all at once. Now, I watch Liam the rest of the evening so DH can edit his movie, work out, etc. See how well compromise can work

Spryng- I'm sorry you often have nightmares - that's awful! I consider you a lifetime WW member too - you certainly earned it! DH and I love Six Feet Under! I'll have to check out the description of The Days. Hey, can your DH watch TV on the road? Ohhh! I must try the new lean cuisine - sounds yummy.

Crystal- Happy almost-Birthday! Thanks for the advice - it's interesting how different each child is! Amazing really.

Jaymi- sounds like your doing well. Is your sister also on a diet? You mentioned her losing weight. I'm sorry you're feeling down about the plateau - it's frustrating. But I think it will pass soon and you'll be losing again.

Michelle- on the loss- excellent!!!! That dream sounds awful Is there someplace you could weigh yourself so you can compare it to your scale? Or like you said, get another scale so you can compare.

Cindi- I'm glad you maintained too! That's good. We'll start together, then Have you thought of joining Curves?

I did a new video today - not the one I ordered, which hasn't arrived, but one I get pretty inexpensively at Target. It's Crunch Cardio Salsa it's fun. About 35 minutes of aerobic and 10 minutes warm up/cool down. Okay, Liam's getting fussy - TTYL!
Old 07-18-2004, 04:50 PM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Hi! No time to get personal...........gee this thread is busy.

I did want to tell you that I made the Wonton Soup recipe from the WW take out tonite cookbook. It was wonderful!!!! I hope to get back here tomorrow to leave the recipe here.
Take care all.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote