30-Somethings - Memorial Day Goals

View Full Version : Memorial Day Goals

jhawk
04-16-2001, 10:28 AM
T minus six weeks to Memorial Day! Anyone up for some short term goal setting to get our summer started right? I will come back later today and post my official goals. Please join me!!!

:cool:
Jhawk

LBH
04-16-2001, 10:46 AM
Hi JHawk - Thanks for starting this thread! I think I am going to set my goal for 6 pounds. I'm going to stay safe. I want it to be more, but I have to be realistic, and 1 lb. a week is realistic.

Starting Weight 4/16: 241.0
Memorial Day Goal: 235.0
Ultimate Goal: 170.0

OK, that's it for me! :D

di4chat2
04-16-2001, 01:32 PM
Hello,
I am with you girls a weight loss goal for Memorial Day sounds good! But I have to agree with Lauren a 1 pound a week goal is about all I can realistically manage at this point. I am setting my goal for 6 pounds in 6 weeks. I am also going to set my water goal for 100 oz. minimum a day. I am also going to step aerobics 3 times a week as well and that might effect how much weight I lose, might be more inches. Better get out the tape measure and check out my waist line! Yuck. Well hope you all set a goal as well and stick to it. Good luck and have a great week!
Diana :)

"I WILL DO THIS FOR ME!"

happyface
04-16-2001, 02:07 PM
I think the last goal I made was Christmas.. maybe Labor Day.. I'm not sure but it is time for another. I am recommitted as of now. 6 weeks from to day I would like to have lost 9 pounds (1.5 a week average) and I would like to have achieved my ribbon from WW I have to make an adjustment here since my original post. I had weigh in tonight and gained 4 pounds. So if I lose 9 pounds I will also receive my weight watchers ribbon. That is my goal to get the ribbon! It will be my first ever. It will mean a lot to me.

starting 199
goal 190 (and the ribbon)

dani

jhawk
04-16-2001, 06:27 PM
Hello again... :wave:

I am very excited to see some new goal setters! LBH and Diana, good luck on the 6 lbs. I think you are smart to be realistic. And if you exceed your goals, all the better!!

Dani - I am going to shoot for something similar to your 9 lbs goal. We can do this!!

Even though it is not a round number when divided by 6 weeks, I am going for (hold on to your hats!) 10 pounds. :eek: That is 1.66 lbs. per week. I can't even believe I was brave enough to declare that goal publicly, but I almost feel like doing so is half the battle. In six weeks, I leave on vacation to attend a wedding of a dear friend and I would really like to make some serious progress toward my ultimate goal by that time. I am going to use the trip and the newly awesome weather as my motivation.

This won't be easy, but it can't hurt to make my goals challenging, right? :D Wish me luck...wish us all luck!!

Jhawk :cool:
190.4/187.0/177 MD Goal/150-ish

BigFatBooty
04-17-2001, 01:03 PM
well guess I had better jump on the bandwagon. Managed to miss my Easter Goal and seem to have got confused over my stats. So here is what I am gonna do this time, I am gonna post my stats on every post to avoid my confusion :?:

My goal is to lose 6.5lbs (this will get me my 10% key ring), to continue drinking my water (even at the weekends) and to exercise at least 3 times a week :D

Welcome to all the new faces and hi to the oldies.

And before I forget - my stats

SW - 202.5lbs
CW - 188.5lbs
MD - 182lbs
Goal - :?:

Good luck everybody

TechAlum
04-17-2001, 02:44 PM
Happy Tuesday Everyone,

Well I had a pretty good weekend, ran a lot of errands, but didn't get much done around the house. I love long weekends, wish I could afford to work only Tuesday through Thursday :D.

Memorial Day Goals - Hmmm.... I've been debating this, I've been averaging a half pound a week since I started last Sept, but I would really like to get to the 10% loss mark by the 4th of July and to do that I need to up my loss average. Of course with good weather close by (it's snowing as I type) it should get easier..... Anyway, my goal is to lose 6 lbs by Memorial Day which is a pound a week or double my average :rolleyes:. Also I want to eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies and walk at least 3 times a week.

First WI is tonight so we'll see how I start off this challenge pretty quick. :o

BFB - Good luck on those 6.5 lbs. Our goals sound pretty similar don't they.

Jhawk - 10 lbs :eek: you are much braver than I. Good Luck!

Dani - You'll get that ribbon, just hang in there!

Diana - 100 oz of water :eek: I'm pretty happy when I get in my 48 oz, much more and I'd feel like I was floating! Good luck on those 6 lbs.

LBH - 6 lbs, you'll make it.

Good luck to everyone, I'll stop back after WI to post stats.

- Tech :spin:
249.2/235.6/229.6(M-day)/170ish

NancyNurse
04-17-2001, 03:02 PM
I'm in!

I've never actually set timed goals for weight loss but am excited it. Six weeks.........2#/week.........12#.

I started eating right a month ago, low fat, low salt, using the food pyramid to eat the right amounts. I've lost 16# this month.

That's almost unbelievable since we had two weeks of company, eating out, cooking nice meals and being unable to exercise the past two weeks due to a sprained ankle.

freesha
04-17-2001, 05:00 PM
Hi everyone! I hope everybody had a good weekend!
I went to my Saturday meeting and was down 2lbs.
I'm only 1 lb. away from my 10%. This week I'm hoping to lose that lb. but I'm having a bit of a hard time because I'm coming down with somthing. I have a sore throat and I totally want to baby myself and eat every little while for comfort. But I haven't given in completely. I'm hanging in there so far.
As far as my memorial day goal 9 lbs. sounds like a good goal for my also. I'm also hoping to ride my bike 3 - 4 times a week.
Well, have a great day everyone! Best of luck! We can do this! Julie

ShakeThoseHips
04-18-2001, 01:15 AM
Aw, Tech Alum, ain't the snow a *****? And it was 80 degrees here in Chicago only a week ago. A girl can only take so much winter.

Given that I've been 100 PERCENT SLAVISHLY AND SOMETIMES READY TO SCREAM YET NEVER GIVING UP on this program since I started Feb. 26, and STILL have only lost about a pound a week, six pounds by Memorial Day sounds grim but realistic. So that makes me...

181.2/174.2/166.2 (MD)/130ish in the end

Dang, I'm bummed tonight. Tomorrow, more energy and enthusiasm for this WW adventure.

Good luck to y'all--

STH

jhawk
04-18-2001, 10:37 AM
Hello all... :D

We have some great goals to work toward! We can do it. BFB, good luck on the 6.5 and the water. I've been drinking my water again lately and I don't know why I ever let myself get out of the habit...I feel better when I do it.

Tech, 6 lbs. sounds good. NancyNurse, welcome and good luck on the 12 lbs! Very ambitious!! :eek: Freesha, you can make 9 lbs! And I would really like to start biking too...I used to ride a lot and in the last couple of years I am lucky if I ride twice a summer...that needs to change.

STH, good luck on the 6 lbs. I am with ya on the snow. We haven't had snow this week, but the warm spring weather is no where to be found either. I want warmth, dangit!!

Well, this week has gone really well so far, but tomorrow is weigh in day, so I won't no for sure how good until then. I've been perfectly OP and have exercised and drank my water every day since Monday...which may not sound like much, but given my track record of late, is big progress!!

Have a great day.

Rabbit
04-18-2001, 08:23 PM
Hi all! Wow! Lots of Memorial Day goalsetters!! How exciting. I was thinking of doing 5 pounds, but you all have inspired me and I will go for the 6 pounds, 1 pound /week. I just got back in town and am leaving again for a little over a week, so I will miss my first few weigh ins. I will be watching the food intake nonetheless!

Sorry I don't have time to respond to you all - but good luck to everyone on the goals they have set.

Rabbit
230/170.5/164.5MD

TechAlum
04-19-2001, 12:55 PM
Happy Friday Eve Everyone,

Why do short work weeks seem the longest?

Well I stayed the same at WI on Tuesday :(. I was hoping for better but I'll take it. So now I have 5 weeks to loose 6 lbs :^:. I'll make it I just need to journal and not eat like I did yesterday, but that's another story.

STH - well it's supposed to be in the 70's again this weekend so maybe there really will be a spring this year I've had my doubts.

Rabbit - Good luck with all that traveling, I tend to have problems when I mess with my routine (kind of like my dog :o)

Jhawk - How was WI? Hope it was what you wanted.

Freesha - Congrats on the 2 lbs. Only 1 from that pesky 10%. You go girl :D.

NancyNurse - Good luck on those 12 lbs. You are truly ambitious.

To everyone else - Hope everything's going well with you :).

jhawk
04-19-2001, 02:14 PM
Hello gang... :wave:

Rabbit, good luck on the traveling. Like Tech, I don't do so well when I am out of my element. You have the right attitude though. Good luck on the six pounds.

Well, Tech, if it makes you feel any better, I also stayed the same at weigh in today. At first I was upset, 'cause I've been a perfect WW'er for the last three days, but then I remembered that the previous four days were pretty much the opposite of perfect, so I should probably be glad that it wasn't a gain. It does, however, make my 10 pound goal even harder...that is two pounds week from here on out. :eek: I should probably change my goal, but I know I won't make it if I don't try, so I'm gonna keep trying. :^:

Have a great day all!

(Still) 10 lbs. to go on MD challenge

LBH
04-23-2001, 01:21 PM
Hi All,

Hmm...is everyone busy...there are no posts since Thursday?! I guess no one weighs in on the weekend?

I weighed in this AM and was down 1/2 pound. I think it's more though, because I forgot about weigh in and ate a pretty heavy dinner last night, and that was around 7:30 or so. I may just weigh in tomorrow AM, after eating light today, just to make sure!

Have a great day all!!

happyface
04-24-2001, 08:12 AM
Ok, First update for me. I lost 1 pound this week.

Good Luck to all of you! (though I know it's not luck that will get us there,... usually) :)

starting (for this goal) 199
current 198
Mem. Day goal 190 (and the ribbon!!)

dani :)

TechAlum
04-24-2001, 01:42 PM
Hello Everyone,

Went to WW last night because tonight we have something else. I am not happy, I gained 3 lbs :cry:, I'm going in the wrong direction, I thought I'd gotten over that. Oh well, today's a new day and I need to buckle down, and get back OP!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for my other 2 goals: I'm still not getting in my veggies :o, I can't figure out why I just don't seem to be wanting them. Then there's the walking. We went for a walk on Thursday and when we tried to walk on Sunday, my beast decided I needed to do a flying face-splat into the dirt :mad:. So we headed back home and now my knee is killing me (I landed on it too) so I haven't been in much of a walking mood, plus the weather hasn't been cooperating either.

Happyface - Congratulations on the pound. :D

LBH - A half pound lost is way better than one gained :D. Keep it up and you'll get there.

Jhawk - hope you don't do the same as me this week or we could be in serious dodo.

Hope everyone else is doing well. :)

249.2/238.6/229.6(M-day)/170ish

RoadRunner
04-25-2001, 09:14 AM
Ok--Memorial Day goal!!
I will make it not to gain weight since that is the day I will be returning from a 17 day Honeymoon in Europe!!!!!!!
:wave:
Good Luck on all the goals!!!
RR

jhawk
04-25-2001, 12:25 PM
Hi all :wave:

Hope everyone is doing well on their MD goals. I am not feeling any lighter at all, so my hopes for tomorrow are not good. I've been good, but was not great on the weekend...although better than the last one. I think the crazy, wacky 10 lb. goal may have to be revised after my WI tomorrow. :rolleyes: AND...its PMS week, too...'nuff said.

LBH - yay on the 1/2 lb. You are headed in the right direction.

Happyface - Good job on 1 lb.!

Tech, sorry to hear about the gain. I could very well be where you are tomorrow, so we can commiserate with each other if need be. Hang in there. No use crying over spilled milk. Get in those veggies...I've been doing better with that. Everything is really fresh right now and I can cope with fresh veggies much more than the alternative.

RR - Have a blast on the honeymoon! :love: Sounds great. My DH of 6 months and I were just saying last night that we are ready for another honeymoon already...ah, Bahamas!! Buying a house comes first though, so no 2nd honeymoon this year.

Have a great week (what's left of it) and I'll try to check in tomorrow with the news from WI. Take care...

BigFatBooty
04-25-2001, 04:53 PM

just stopping by to say hi to everyone. Life is a total nightmare right now, and was unable to go to my normal Tuesday lunchtime weigh in, so am gonna try tomorrow, but things ain't looking too good right now :spin:

Tech & Jhawk - you may have company come tomorrow evening :D

BigFatBooty
04-26-2001, 04:39 PM
may as well just post the stats

SW - 202.5lbs
GSW- 188.5lbs
CW - 188.5lbs :eek:
MD - 182lbs
Goal - :?:

so that means 6.5lbs in 5 weeks!

can't say I am ecstatic, but can't say life is over. Due to work this week, weighed in two days later than normal and in the evening, so.... wonder if that may have had an effect?

Good luck everyone else, staying with mum this weekend, so no PC access (gonna be a long weekend :lol: )

jhawk
04-27-2001, 11:32 AM
Happy Friday Gang :wave: (Boy am I ready for the weekend!!)

Well, I (surprisingly) had a loss yesterday. Not a big one mind you (-.6), but given the way I felt (huge, bloated, generally icky), it was great news to me. Now I have about 9.4 lbs to lose in 4 weeks...hahaha! Nothing is ever easy is it... :^:

Hang in there, BFB. Maintaining is better than gaining. And on really tough weeks (which it sounds like you had) it is sometimes the best we can do. Good luck with mum this weekend... :)

We are having some truly fabulous weather here. It makes it easy to grill out a lot, which is usually a good food choice. And DH is going to the gym with me in the mornings, which can be a good or bad thing depending upon our collective level of motivation. We made it three mornings this week, which is pretty good. Shooting for four next week!

Have a great weekend, all. :D

TechAlum
04-27-2001, 12:14 PM
Hello All,

Well this week hasn't been going well, for some reason I'm just in the dumps. I'll pull out of it soon I hope. I've been over on points every day, but not by huge amounts and I am still tracking every day which is a huge step for me. I've also exercised twice this week so that's a start. Need to work on the fruits and veggies though.

Jhawk - Congrats on the .6 loss :D those little ones add up over a while, it's way better than gaining.

BFB - Don't worry too much about maintaining. Sometimes on stressful weeks it's the best we can do. You'll make it through, just hang in there (think I need this advise myself).

RR - Sounds like a fabulous goal to me. You are going to be so busy in France you'll work off all the food you eat. :lol:

Have a great weekend everyone.

Rabbit
04-29-2001, 08:01 PM
Hii all - I'm back!:wave:

I've basically been gone for 2 weeks - was home 2 days in the middle - and I have done SO LOUSY on eating. I haven't counted points forever. Not so good for the MD goal.

But for a good note, today I am back on track - have counted my points today and have eaten well. Weigh in on Thursday will be bad I'm sure, but I am back on plan.

Congrats to all who have been losing - and hey, congrats to all of us just for being here!!

Rabbit

shrinkinglily
04-29-2001, 08:52 PM
I just discovered 3FC's page. I'm only sorry it took me this long to find it. I got online today hoping to find a place just like this. So, I'm going to jump right in. Hope you all don't mind.

I'm just getting started, so here are my goals for Memorial Day:
Exercise daily
Eat healthy foods
Lose 6 pounds (that's 1.5 pounds per week, which should be doable)

I've often told my friends that I need a cattle prod to get me doing what I should be doing. From what I can see, you all are even better. Just reading your posts to each other has given me the motivation to get started. So, I guess I'd better get to the grocery store so I can stock up on some healthy food. Otherwise, I'll use my empty cupboards as an excuse to eat fast food. ;)

shrinkinglily (I hope) :wave:

jhawk
04-30-2001, 11:17 AM
Good Monday Morning, Gang. :wave:

ShrinkingLily...welcome! I have gotten a lot of motivation from this group, too. You'll like it here... Good luck on the 6 lbs.

Welcome back, Rabbit. Sorry the last few weeks have been tough. Being in control today is the first step to getting everything under control, so good for you for taking that step.

Tech - Hope you're feeling better this week. Good for you for keeping up with your tracking even when things are tough...I think that is a huge benefit. Hang in there...

What a beautiful weekend we had...the weather was incredible. :D I am never perfectly OP ( :angel: ) on the weekends...it is like an impossible feat for me, but this weekend, I did better than usual, so I am excited about that. Here's hoping I can keep things together this week and have a big loss...

Have a good week all.

BigFatBooty
05-01-2001, 11:20 AM
and it is a good afternoon. Okay update time:

SW - 202.5lbs
GSW- 188.5lbs
CW - 187.5lbs :spin:
MD - 182lbs
Goal - much, much lighter

so that means 5.5lbs in 4 weeks (it can be done, just hope I can be the one to do it!)

Weekend at mum's wasn't too bad (get ready for the vent though), but my older sister who has gone back home is a real nightmare. Talk about bitter and twisted, has not one nice word to say about anyone or thing and spent the whole weekend trying to fatten me up (like I need help :lol: ). I could go on, but I won't for the moment.

ShrinkingLily - welcome and good luck. This is a great place and I don't know where I would be without it.

Rabbit - Welcome back and thanks for the encouragement for those who are losing and for those who are just here - I guess most of the time I will be "just here"

Tech - hope this week is good to you, keep your chin up and hang in there.

Jhawk - congrats on the loss. Nothing is ever easy, but it don't hurt to aim high :D

RR- enjoy the honeymoon.

and :wave: to LBH. happyface, STH, freesha, NancyNurse and anyone I may have missed out. Good luck everyone

NancyNurse
05-01-2001, 12:09 PM
Good morning all,

I've missed being able to post and read posts because of a computer problem. Still not fixed but at least I can log on again. Can't wait to get the problem completely fixed and be able to chat online again as well as keep up with what's going on here.

I set a lofty goal for myself and took the first step last week and officially rejoined WW again. I'm a lifetime member and back on the bandwagon. WW is a great program and so much easier than when I lost my weight 25 years ago.

I got a rude awakening a couple of months ago when I went to the doctor for chest pain and discovered that I have high blood pressure. No real heart problems which was a relief but gave me a jolt into action to start on my lifestyle. So, at that point I started on a heart healthy diet and exercise. I weighed in that day at an all time high of 246.

When I went back to the doctor a month later I had dropped 14 pounds. Even though that was a good start I felt I needed to join WW to keep the motivation up. Last week I weighed 229.2 at weigh in Wednesday morning. I go back tomorrow morning.

I've done well overall although there are days that I haven't eaten until late at night. I work long hours and there is very little time to eat during the day. I know th is is an excuse but just part of working sometimes. Some days I have trouble getting in my points........I've been walking two miles a day once I get home.

My hubby is great although he has no concept of diet or eating healthy. He is a willing learner and has been walking with me each night.

I'll work on keeping in contact and will report my weight tomorrow. Memorial Day is getting closer.

See ya lighter later!

Rabbit
05-01-2001, 06:42 PM
Hi all. I'm so glad to be eating within my points again! Sunday, Monday and today have been great.:)

Shrink - Welcome and good luck with your goals!

jhawk - super that you did better than normal over the weekend! Gotta celebrate those successes! Don't you think each success makes you stronger?

BFB - hooray for your loss - you're on your way to the goal!!

Nancy - hooray for rejoining WW and for your terrific loss so far!

Later (and lighter) - Rabbit

TechAlum
05-02-2001, 10:24 AM
Hello All,

Just dropping in real quick to update my stats, went to WW last night and lost 1.2 lbs. Not all of the gain from the week before like I'd hoped, but probably closer to what I deserved :o.

My goals for this week are: Continue to walk 3-4 nights (even if it's just a short one). Cut back on the useless calories even if I can contain them in points. Eat all my fruits and veggies.

Rabbit - Congrats on staying OP for 3 days :D. Starting over is always fun.

BFB - Congratulations on losing. You can do it :)

Nancy - Welcome back, hope those computer problems are a thing of the past.

Jhawk - Glad you did well over the weekend, overcoming those small hurdles is sometimes the hardest ;)

Lily - Welcome!!

Everyone else - :wave:, and I hope your doing well.

If anyone is interested I posted K and my engagement photo on my web page last night : www.eskimo.com/~dms/

249.2/237.4/229.6(M-day)/170ish (7.8 lbs in three WI :(, doesn't look promising)

jhawk
05-03-2001, 12:24 PM
Hello all :wave:

Well, the MD goal is just not gonna happen for me...no way no how. Today, for the second time in 3 weeks, I stayed exactly the same. That is a net loss of .6 in three weeks. Yes, it is better than a gain, but it is still frustrating. I MUST buckle down and do this. I must...time for a serious attitude adjustment.

BFB- Good for you on your loss. Sorry to hear about your sis trouble...that has to be frustrating.

Rabbit - Great that you are back on track. No looking back...

Tech - Congrats on the loss. Your pics are great - thanks for sharing. My DH and your DF have the same name, by the way.

Have a great weekend.

Rabbit
05-03-2001, 12:31 PM
Tech - it is fun to start over, if I could just keep it up all the time!!:) Congrats on your loss.

Jhawk - I'm back on track, but still have to face the music tonight. Maybe I just won't look??

have a good one all - Rabbit

BigFatBooty
05-03-2001, 04:27 PM
keep your chin up, I stayed the same for two weeks, before my loss this week. It's getting to the point that I close my eyes when I weigh in and I mutter to the scales "please be kind"

TechAlum
05-04-2001, 02:48 PM
TGIF!!

I went over on points yesterday, but not as bad as I thought before I wrote it down. I didn't pack a lunch and so ran thru drive-thru fast food which put me way up for the day, but I had a light meal planned for dinner so I thought I could over come it if I skipped my snack. But, then I stopped at the grocery store on the way home so it was toooo long between lunch and dinner. So, I over ate snacking waiting for dinner to finish :o. I did however take the dog for a short walk, which I haven't done since Monday so that helped, and I think I can recover today, but I wish I didn't have to. Why do I do this to myself :mad:??

Rabbit - How was WI?

Jhawk - How's that new attitude coming? If you figure out how to get one let me know how ;).

BFB, Happyface, LBH, Nancy, Freesha, Lily and anyone else I forgot - Hope your doing well :D.

LBH
05-07-2001, 10:17 AM
Hi All,

I'm not doing very well with the Memorial Day Goal, but I did lose 3 of the 4 lbs. I gained last week when I weighed in this AM!! :D

I see that I did not even come here last week to post my gain! Oops... On APR 30th WI, I gained 4 lbs., so I'm still up a 1/2 lb. from my MDay goal starting weight! :(

I also see that when I change my signature, it changes all the past ones too...guess I will need to do things differently with that. So here are the results soo far:

Starting Weight 4/16: 241.0
APR 23rd weigh in: 240.5
APR 27th weigh in: 244.5
MAY 7th weigh in: 241.5
Memorial Day Goal: 235.0
Ultimate Goal: 170.0

Guess I'll keep posting it this way! Have to start going in the right direction - DOWN, not UP!!

Rabbit
05-07-2001, 05:19 PM
HI all. I'm back again. Believe it or not I was gone again this past weekend. I didn't journal either. But now (hopefully!!) I am home for awhile.

I was up 1.5 at last week's weigh in - it could have been much worse. I weighed this am after the weekend, not good, but plan to stay off of the scales until weigh in now. That will be quite a feat for me!:)

Tech - you said why do I do this to myself - THAT is the million dollar question, I think we would all agree.

Lauren - congrats on losing 3 pounds!!!

have a good one all. Rabbit

PS - I'd have to look up to see what my md goal is. I've been gone so much this time. I've only weighed in once and that was last week, so I'm headed in the wrong direction so far.:(

BigFatBooty
05-08-2001, 10:58 AM
stats first

SW - 202.5lbs
GSW- 188.5lbs
CW - 188.lbs :eek:
MD - 182lbs
Goal - much, much lighter

So I guess it is 6lbs in 3 weeks - nothing like a challenge :cool:

I gained half a pound this week. Here are my excuses - not enough water and a couple of baaaaaddddd days, where I just wrote down what I ate, and was too scared to look up points. Health wise, it is the TOTM, but it the longest I have ever had, with back ache and stomach ache - hubby thinks I am the wicked witch of the north, south, east and west - he can't do right for doing wrong!

Anyway, I am gonna have a slice of cake to console myself I know that is the wrong attitude, but it is TOTM okay :lol: and then start afresh.

Hope everyone is doing way better than me!

One last thing - went a bought a new bra, I have lost two inches in the back - but seemed to have gone up a cup! Not sure if I won or lost out there :D

LBH
05-08-2001, 11:57 AM
LOLOLOL....

BFB - You crack me up!! I'm with you, not sure if it's a win or not, gaining a cup/losing a couple inches!! Have the cake, get it out of your system, and reboot!! :D

I think we all need a good kick in the butt right now...what is up with us?!?!?!

Rabbit
05-08-2001, 05:02 PM
BFB - I'm not doing so hot now either.

LBH - I sure need the kick in the pattootie. I'm eating awful.

HELP

Rabbit

Rabbit
05-09-2001, 01:42 PM
I am really struggling but am bound and determined to get myself straight. I'm spending time thinking of my goals, working out a plan, figuring out my mistakes - it's got to help.

On the plus side, my we are having beautiful weather!

Rabbit

TechAlum
05-09-2001, 02:50 PM
Happy HumpDay Everyone!

Well I certainly could use a kick in the behind too. I haven't been doing terrible, but for some reason I've been craving sweets this last week. And I'm not a sweets eater, I'm more of a carbo junkie :?:

But on a good note, I went to WW yesterday and I lost 3.6 lbs :eek:. The loss earned me another 5 lb star :D. I was pretty surprised and totally not expecting it. Still don't think I'll make my Memorial Day goal but I may surprise myself.

LBH - Congrats on the three pound loss :D. Even if you're only catching up from last week, it's better than continuing in the same vein.

Rabbit - How are those goals and soul searching coming? I know what my problem is, on my list of priorities weightloss is pretty low and that's not likely to change until Oct. :o

BFB - Too funny about the bra size. But two inches is two inches :).

Jhawk - How's it going?

Everyone else - where are you? How are you doing towards those goals? Can't be doing much worse than those of us here.

Well, I may not be back until Monday, I took a couple of days off to work around the house and meet with the realtor, and my computer at home is slowwwww.

-Tech :spin:
249.2/233.8/229.6(M-day)/170ish (4.2 lbs in two WI :()

jhawk
05-09-2001, 07:46 PM
Hey gang...

I am still struggling too. We are all in the same boat, huh? I have a million excuses and none of them actually justify my actions so I'll spare you...I just need to get it turned around and I am absolutely clueless as to how to do that.

Hang in there, gang. Congrats to the "losers" - you are all my idols. I am supposed to WI tomorrow...I will have to be a lot braver tomorrow than I am today for that to actually happen, but we'll see.

Take care...
Jhawk :^:

jhawk
05-10-2001, 12:08 PM
Me again...I forced myself to go WI today. I lost 1.6, which I am extremely happy about. I would be happier if I felt I had earned it, but I'll take it any way I can get it. Still no where near my MD goal...oh well!

Here's the stats...

MDGoal Start: 187
Today: 184.8
So Far: -2.2
MD GOAL: 177 (haha)
To Go: 7.8 in less than 3 weeks...(snicker)

Catcha later gang...

Rabbit
05-10-2001, 01:15 PM
HI all. Yesterday I was thinking about my weigh in (it's today) and I know I'm going to have a gain and I was feeling like such a failure and contemplating not going. But I know a big part of my problem lately has been my traveling and missing meetings - so, duh, that would be dumb. I realized I'm only a failure if I quit trying. So jhawk, like you, I will force myself to go.

Tech - I've really had a sweet problem lately too, and I always thought it was the salty things that got me more. I've got birthdays this week to make something for and was planning to make buttermilk brownies, but I am just not strong enough now so I came up with a great alternative. I'm going to make these peanut butter things - everyone here loves them - except me! Hooray! That temptation is kicked in the bucket. WOW WOW on your 3.6 loss!! Yeah for the star too!

jhawk - Congrats girl on the 1.6 loss - I'm with you, I'll take it any way I can get it.

have a good one - Rabbit

Rabbit
05-11-2001, 01:32 PM
How about we start a new thread?

See you on Memorial Day goals #2!!

Rabbit