South Beach Diet - What's with this site

View Full Version : What's with this site

RNMOM
06-30-2004, 11:50 PM
I don't even know you people and I'm sharing the most private stuff in my life?????? My husband doesn't even know what I currently weigh or what I did weigh! Here I'm blabbing all over the place. Sheesh.

You all have these nice soft shoulders to cry on :) . Must be something about other people that are going through or have gone through this daily battle.

Thanks to those who work on this website to make it work!

beachgal
07-01-2004, 12:14 AM
I'm right with you, RNmom! It's amazing what you'll say when you have some anonymity! ;)

Seriously, this is one of the most supportive and caring groups I've joined! :grouphug:

Anyone else want to join the lovefest? :D

ozziesgirl
07-01-2004, 06:17 AM
Yes I agree, you guys are the best, most upbeat, caring, positive group I have joined as well. My bf doesn't know my exact numbers either! Without you, I believe I would have given up quite awhile ago :grouphug: :thanks:

SKYFIREFLY
07-01-2004, 08:07 AM
Girls how right your all are its great and helps to know others have similar life goals, ideas etc. The idea of telling anyone my weight in the past is taboo! But I have been able to tell people I was at 179 and now at 168 I flex a 1 1/2 lbs for a couple of weeks. Whats with that? Oh well proably wasn't as serious for a bit as I should have been. I take it off slow and then maybe I have a better chance of keeping it off. I haven't weighed in since Monday and won't until after my friend leaves always gives me a little extra water wt. Well good luck to all .
Skyfirefly

Ruthxxx
07-01-2004, 08:37 AM
Smooch!
It's a cult! In a while, we'll be bringing out the sf orange Kool-Aid!

ellis
07-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Ha! Are you kidding!? I've made some of my best friends here on 3FatChicks! Some of them are better than my real life friends! :lol3:
I love all of you... you're wonderfully supportive women. :grouphug:

jenne1017
07-01-2004, 10:48 AM
:lol:

I know what you mean. Although, I have made a few aquaintences in the process! So no one is REALLY a stranger!

smilintwins
07-01-2004, 11:03 AM
I am new here, but I will share in the love. :chockiss: (hey, if we can't eat them...might as well share 'em in cyberspace!)

Actually I have been a lurker for some time and I can tell you already that this is a great place to be.

mauvaisroux
07-01-2004, 11:20 AM
I will join the lovefest too!

I have found awesome support here, shared some laughs and some tears with a lot of people and even though we may be miles away from each other or even in different countries there is an amazing sense of community here :D

I have made some great friends here and even have a yearly meet with a couple of great ladies from the site.

I think posting here gives a lot of people comfort in knowing that they are not alone and have someone to talk to and can get support whether it is with their weight loss or other aspects in their life.

3 cheers for 3fc, Suzanne and Jennifer, the mods and all the community members who contribute to this site! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

jiffypop
07-01-2004, 11:32 AM
the love and support [and prayers!] i've received from so many folks on this website helped me in my long struggle to reclaim my life.

and then to actually meet some of these wonderful folks face to face... you find that it's not an illusion... it's REAL.

and it's important to pass it on.

MichelleRae
07-01-2004, 11:56 AM
I would have fallen off the wagon a long time ago had it not been for 3fc!!

Jiffy you are soo right!! This is so important to pass on and share!!

coolflowers914
07-01-2004, 12:06 PM
I raise my water glass to all of you! Not even a week here, and already have the neatest, nicest buddy and such support whenever I post!

Thanks, all and I'm so glad to be here!
Lisa

Jennifer 3FC
07-01-2004, 12:12 PM
Oh my gosh, I'm all teary eyed! I don't know where I'd be without this place or YOU either! Wow I'm in such a sentimental mood, I think I'll buy a puppy! :cry: :)

rochemist
07-01-2004, 12:28 PM
I consider 3FC part of my larger journey not just with weight loss, but with discovering who I am and where I fit as a person. I believe in the connectedness of the universe and all the people in it, I am here for a reason. Thank you to Suzanne, Jennifer, and Amy, all the mods, and the beautiful ladies who have touched my life along the way.

Chris :angel:

HistoryChick
07-01-2004, 01:24 PM
I have to agree with everyone else. This place is great! Everyone here is so wonderful and supportive. I haven't been a member for long but I too have been lurking around reading! I'm so glad I joined! I feel a group hug coming on!:grouphug:

Ilene
07-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Ok, Ok, I'll join in I can't stand it!!!! :cry: I'm getting all teary too!!!

Yep, if it weren't for 3FC and all the great friends I've made here there is NO WAY I'd have lost more weight on my own... I'm not dissing WW but for a full year I paid 12$/week and lost 3#... it was very discouraging!!

Then I came here and it was better than meetings... firstly, it's free!! secondly, I could come anytime day or night, 10 times/day if I wanted to, not just once/week like the meetings...... thirdly, I don't have to LOOK decent to sit at my 'puter to have a discussion about healthy eating habits like I had to do with meetings... :lol: Ok that's not true I always LOOK perfect when I sit here to chat with you guys...:rofl: NOT!!

I :love: this place.... Thanks to all the mods, and Jennifer, Suzanne and Amy!! :grouphug:

Kiko
07-01-2004, 10:38 PM
Are we feelin' the love or what ladies?? :love:

That is what is so great about being women- support. love, reassurance, and kick in the butt - right when we need it! :joker:

Musicgal
07-01-2004, 11:33 PM
The thing I love best about 3FC, is that everyone is accepting no matter if we only have 10 lbs. to lose or over 100. We are all struggling with the same thing. I think I've been struggling with the same weight for 7 years now because I now know my problem isn't food but I use food to numb myself. There are so many different areas we can go to here for our own individual needs. And if you don't want to talk about weight issues and food, there are other options here. It's fantastic. Thank you Suzanne, Jennifer and Amy and all!

RNMOM
07-01-2004, 11:33 PM
I think it's a chick thing! Guys just don't know how to get in touch with their inner self.

ellis
07-01-2004, 11:36 PM
Tell my psychiatrist that! :lol3:

bumpkyns
07-02-2004, 09:42 AM
This does look like a great place to be and get to know some wonderful people. I've been lurking for a week or two now... might as well start posting and open up my warped sense of humor and my heart the size of a small foreign car... to this newfound world here. ;)

justjodi
07-02-2004, 11:01 AM
well ladies you said it all!!! this is a great forgiving place. i would not still be at this if it wasn't for all of you. i know i would of given up but there is so much encouragement and love in here thank you everyone for all the support!!! you are all wonderful!!!

jenne1017
07-02-2004, 11:47 AM
*sniffle*

I concur!

Leenie
07-02-2004, 12:00 PM
I have gone through alot in the past 7 years here and I thank God for the friends I have made, from the outragous times in the chat rooms to the serious heart warming times here on the boards.

Hugs and kisses to you all, and I sincerely mean that in each and every one of my posts.

SMOOCHIES !!

Pandemonia
07-02-2004, 07:08 PM
Wow I'm in such a sentimental mood, I think I'll buy a puppy! :cry: :)

ROFLMAO!!!
:lol:

This is an excellent site with wonderful support and I've been to a bunch of weight loss support groups - none so active as this one. I've recommended the site to several people.

Thanks for being there - all of you!

Meg
07-02-2004, 08:05 PM
For me, it's pretty simple: 3FC + all of you = 122 pounds gone. Priceless! :grouphug:

little chick
07-02-2004, 10:26 PM
Amazing group of women that we have here. Together we have a bond stronger than anything I can think of. I find myself thinking of you guys even when I am not on the boards. We have become real to one another. I could not imagine my life with out you.

ellis
07-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Amazing group of women that we have here. Together we have a bond stronger than anything I can think of. I find myself thinking of you guys even when I am not on the boards. We have become real to one another. I could not imagine my life with out you.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! :cry: That is so sweet, Little Chick.

little chick
07-02-2004, 10:56 PM
Thanks Ellis but it is so true. I never thought a group of women could meant this much to me when we have never met face to face. I find it very amazing.

PhoenixFlower
07-04-2004, 08:47 PM
I would also like to say how much I have enjoyed this website. For my July goals - 1st to become more involved with you wonderful bunch of people, 2nd to loose 8 lbs by July 31st, and 3rd to exercise at least 4 times a week. There I said it, now it is in print and I am a woman of my word!

I am now down 14.5 lbs. I started on June 5th and today is the 4th of July and I still can't believe that I have lost that much weight. Though I still am having cravings especially for Swedish Fish candy. I don't know why, they just sound sooooo good.

Congratulations Laurie on meeting your June goal.

I wish all of you lived here in Phoenix so we could go and meet for a decaf iced coffee with skim milk and Splenda:)
Jennifer

ellis
07-04-2004, 10:05 PM
I wish all of you lived here in Phoenix so we could go and meet for a decaf iced coffee with skim milk and Splenda:)
Jennifer
Me, too, Jennifer!! :)