Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 06-20-2004, 06:43 AM   #1  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Default Core Stability

hi all i just got back into lifting and have a problem i do alot of free weights but have found with things like military press for example i am capable of lifting alot heavier than i can what i mean is my shoulders can push more than i'm currently lifting but my core stability is so poor i struggle to remaind upright during the set as i'm wobbling all over the place. i found standing military press is easier as i can absorb the wobbling in my legs but seated is better for isolation of the upper body and well thats my problem. anyone got any good ways up building core stability or it just a case of doing hundreds and hundres or crunches
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 09:53 PM   #2  
Mel

Try doing all these exercises using a stability ball (aka swiss ball) instead of standing or using a bench. Go a little lighter on the weight at first, because ALL the core muscles will be working overtime to keep you balanced on that ball. You can use it seated to do shoulder work, lying for chest presses or flys, and do pushups with either your feet or hands on it. Feels really weird at first, but it's incredible for building core strength and balance.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote