Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 06-18-2004, 08:13 AM   #1  

Default I thought 'd share this.

Some of you know me since I've been on the boards so long that I've grown roots here. I usually set in the Depression forum, but I had to share this.

My DD, Zookeeper, phoned yesterday to tell me this. She and her DH have absolutely nothing to do with her MIL, but we get news through the family. MIL is bi-polar and a hypoconderac(sp?). she is also a troublemaker, but that's another story in of itself. Currently she is living in NM, far, far away.

"E" had decided that she wants to have WLS. From what I remember she could do to lose weight. Anyway, she went to the doctor who told her to go on a diet since she wasn't over weight enough for the surgery. So, she has decided to EAT and EAT until she weighs enough to have the operation! Oy vey! She definitely has issues!

Thought yo'd enjoy that...now back to our regularly scheduled program.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 09:11 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

She has some serious mental issues, how sad.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 01:10 PM   #3  

What a numbskull! It's people like that who are going to have a really tough time with surgery (hmmm, could she possibly pass the psych exam?) because they think it's a magic cure-all and they won't have to do any work at all - they will blink and the weight will magically be gone. It's a huge decision, a lot of work and nothing to be taken lightly (pardon the pun).
Sheesh!

Chickadee
p.s. Tippy, it's nice to see you!
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 09:53 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

oh tippy... there are a number of people who are doing that... and it's very very sad, and sick. and if the surgeons and pyschs actually pay attention to this, most of these folks are weeded out. but unfortunately, so many of these 'professionals' either don't know, don't want to know, or don't care...

glad she's not really in your life..
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote