Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-17-2004, 08:02 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Thursday, June 17th Chat

Good Morning,

Yeah we are closer to Friday. Auntie flo decided to pay me a visit last night and boy am I sick to my stomach this morning........getting old stinkaroonies lol, but I'll take it grrrr

Time to make my turkey bacon, so I'll be back in a bit.

Hugs
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:05 AM   #2  
CIN

Default Forgot something?

Leenie
Where is your coffee?

I just returned from a walk...cooler this a.m..thank goodness.

Shopped til I dropped yesterday.it was fun! Had a nice lunch with a friend and tried to walk it off! Actually I ate my favorite salad with grilled chicken.

BBL
Cin

FEEL better Leenie!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:41 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

My coffee is usually never farther than 2 feet of me

Hey Cin ! did you buy me a surprise yesterday?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 10:13 AM   #4  
CIN

Default ???????/what happened?

where oh where are the little icons? ha ha ha
Old 06-17-2004, 11:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

I've been running errands all morning for the office. Had to drink my 2nd cup of coffee in the car, which is always tricky since I usually end up with some on me but I'm glad to say that I made it back without coffee on my shirt!

I did not get up and exercise this morning, because I was up late last night waiting on my youngest ds to get home. He and his girlfriend went to the services at youth camp nearby and didn't get back home til 11. I could tell he was sleepy this morning when he left for work, but he will never admit it.

Hey Cin - Good for you going walking this morning! You go girl! and you bring up a good question - where is the box on the side for the little icons??? oh wait Cin - I just did some looking around - I don't know what happened, but something changed and if you want to find the little icons on the right side of the screen you have to click on "go advanced" and do your post that away.

Soooooooooo what's everybody doing today? I have errands during lunch and then I need to stop at SuperWalmart on my way home this afternoon and get groceries for the week. We are out of everything. Gonna pick up some ribeyes to fix for DH for Father's Day too - they are his favorites.

I'll check back later.

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 06-17-2004 at 11:20 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 02:10 PM   #6  

I've been looking for the icons ever since the change of format......I have no clue where they are.

Hi Cin, Leens and Cathy.........coffee dates morning noon and night today....back to work tomorrow and hubby is home from golf trip tomorrow....so all is well.........trying to squeeze everyone in before I get busy again.

Hope you are all having a great day.......I have sliced grapes, strawberry and watermelon and a tray of cheese and home made bananna bread for the gang.....macaroni and cheese with fresh bread and fresh veggies for the twin boy playdate that dd6 has today....so everyone will be well fed and the company is great!

Have a good one everyone!

Eliz

PS Cathy I made BBQ pork ribs last night for supper with basmati rice and it was delicious.......no idea what we are doing for father's day as I will be working.......I best take the girls shopping tonight for something special....my gift to him is always an easy one
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 02:33 PM   #7  
CIN

Default I"m backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Hi Gals
Yummy Liz you are making me hungry!

I baked some butter pecan muffins Weight Watcher style........the house smells wonderful. I just ad a 15 oz can of solid packed pumkin and mix and mix and mix.............spoon into muffin papers.makes 24 2 point muffins! Take like butter pecan cake! I like to make them and freeze them so I can have them whenever the urge for something sweet strikes!

I really think the key to losing or maintaining is to have a well stocked kitchen always and make a big variety of things....................so life isnt boring! I take it in spells......baking.planning all that................it saves lots of calories and lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$...............and beleive me I am the QUEEN of heat & eat type foods............nothing fancy mind you.

I ironed and caught up the laundry.mopped the floors.cleans the tubs.swept the floor and watered too many plants.inside and out....................NOW I must go to work! Ha!Ha!.....................have a meeting at 4:30! So.I will catch you all tomorrow!

Cin
Old 06-17-2004, 02:43 PM   #8  

Hey Gang when you got to type in your message, go a little further down and click on "go advanced" and it will bring you to another message place with all the icons that we use to have. They are just not showing up on the quick reply box.

Liz - all that food sounds good. Can I ask how you make basmati rice? I am not sure what that is? is it like rice dressing or dirty rice in the south?

Cin - well now you gonna tell us all about they yummy butter pecan muffins and run to work leaving us wanting some. Could we have the recipe? If it's not too long would you mind posting the recipe for us to make. I would love to make them and give them a try.

It is HOT as heck in Louisiana girls. If it is gonna be this HOT I sure wish something would melt off of me.

later gaters
Old 06-17-2004, 03:25 PM   #9  
CIN

Default Recipe

1 box cake mix......................... Spice or Butter Pecan are my 2 favorites!
1 15 oz can solid packed pumpkin.& about 2 tablespoons of water

Mix until moistened..batter is thick
Spoon almost 2/3 full in paper lined muffins or bake in a 13X9 cake pan
usual time.................

each muffin is 2 points
'I bake at least 20 minutes...............they are moist but a toothpick inserted should come out dry~

That is it!

Cin

These freeze very well!
Old 06-17-2004, 03:27 PM   #10  
CIN

Default so many ask this..................????

Yes......that Is All
2 Ingredients!
Old 06-17-2004, 04:23 PM   #11  

wow that is so easy and sounds sooooooo good!
I think I will make these tonight, assuming I can find a can of pumpkin at Walmart. surely they stock that year round? well I'm fixing to find out!

Thanks soooooooooo much Cin! sounds yummy!

hugs,
cathy
Old 06-17-2004, 04:50 PM   #12  

Hi Gang

If anyone has emailed me in the last few days, my email is gone goofy. Dh is going to work on the computer this weekend, so maybe that will solve the problem!

See ya all later!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 05:25 PM   #13  

Good afternoon everyone

It's a beautiful day here....sunny & warm. I had a doctor's appointment this morning...we talked about going off the Celexa.....about other antidepressantsfor the fall, plus some other things. She said....Wellbutrin doesn't have some of the side effects that the others have. I seem to have more energy today....feel good.

Cathy....DH & I are going over to DS3's house for Fathers Day.....for lunch.

Cin.....do you bake when it is hot outside? We don't have airconditioning here....I wanted to make the WW bran muffins today....DH said it makes the house too hot.....I suppose it does.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:31 PM   #14  
Oooo Silly Me!

Afternoon Ladies…

CIN – Shopping is such a nice stress reliever hehehe. I went to Walmart the other day… and I’m glad to say that not only is my engagement ring falling off *yikes* but I’m down a bra size. LOL and I actually bought some bras from Walmart…rather than an expensive store in the mall. I have to say, I am impressed! Wow! Impressed not with just being down a size, but how comfy the ones I got at Walmart were and like 7 dollars cheaper than the ones I buy at the Mall… LOL silly me! Your pecan muffins sound yummy!

Hmmm about the Icons… is it me or am I on the write path… but I see the icons box. Unless it was fixed before I got on today LOL.

Yesterday I did a 20 minute upper body workout with my weights. Then I went bowling later in the evening. Lets just say I won’t do that again LOL! I was sooooo tired when I got home that I passed out in the tub and no one came to get me til almost an hour and half later LOL! I was a prune!

Alrighty ladies, I gonna get back to my housework… I’ll catch you all later!

Take care…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 10:01 PM   #15  

Thumbs up

Hi again.....I see the icons....I have the mode set to enhance mode.....I clicked on a few...will see if it works.

Edit....it did work.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote