Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 06-14-2004, 02:25 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia 121

No, the spray doesn't help much but the gel with aloe does help quite a bit. That's what we keep a bottle of. It has a cooling effect. It also keeps you from peeling so bad. If you would use a suntan lotion with a SPF of about 30 BEFORE you go out in the sun it might help!!!

Mima ... I want to come to NY and visit all the musems ... NO FAIR!!!

I know ... I'll come to NY and visit you one summer and you can take me to the musems and to the great restaurants and a musical and then the next summer I'll go see Joanne and we'll go to the beach! Then the next summer you can both come here and I'll take you to Gatlinburg and we'll go to the Dixie Stampede one night!!!

Now, back to reality and Vacation Bible School songs!
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:43 PM   #2  

Default Hey There

Meme- Sounds like fun..Not feeling so good tonight IBS all day.
Back tomorrow...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:07 AM   #3  

Meme...I used suncreen but it was old!!!!!!!!!! something my kids left here cause I am never out in the daytime..part vampire you know We used to keep aloe gel on hand in the days when I did go out int he daylight hours......

Joanne..hope you tummy is feeling better! Animal hair I hate that..my animals are in the basement and I have to sweep down there everyday! I could not stand having a shedding animal in my living quarters! (and I love animals) Both my kids have allergies really bad too. What is Sun poisening?????????? I am itching realy bad, I always get like a red itchy rash from the sun..just do not tan, but have lots of freckels!

One robin left........mowed again, and been walking insde with my pedometer.

Subway wraps 3pts.....Yummmmmmm (if you get a 6 inch and substitute for the bread)

A sewing question???? When sewing elastic on something using a stretch stich do you have to stretch the elastic before sewing or just leave it natural? My thread keeps balling up! I have never used elastic before.............
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 07:10 AM   #4  

Stretch the elastic I think. Suntan lotion gets outdated. NoAd is inexpensive. I get a rash from too much sun so I have to be careful. I didn't go to NY Meme-Stockbridge MA -but we went to NY a month ago-saw Mama Mia-it costs a fortune but it;s worth it. Was there a day and a half and spent almost 500 I think-theater ticks were 100. Spent 64 on lunch for 2 but then we split a sandwich another time. We have been there a lot-my SIL and I -Come along, we will show you a good time. Going to condo today to meet cleaning lady and instruct her and pay her. Neck hurts like crazy because I am trying to finish the crossstitch for the wedding on 6/26. It's gorgeous. So many mistakes but no one will know, Bye Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:16 AM   #5  

Default Hey There

Candice- Sun poisoning is a allergic reaction to sun. If the over the counter meds don't help you will need to go to Dr. and get something better. It does itch like crazy.I don't have a basement.. Not in Florida,I guess some houses do. I stretch the elastic as I sew. Measure waist.etc, pin in quarters and stretch as you sew with the elastic stitch on your machine.
My stomach feels better this am. I am just going to let up on the salad for today.I put cucumbers in it. I think that is what did me in. I usually use the seedless but didn't this week.They are so expensive.I did lose a couple pounds though.
I think I am going to be lazy today. I might get on the T/M at 3 pm. I think about it then..
Hello everybody...Joanne
Old 06-15-2004, 01:16 PM   #6  

I hate sewing elastic. I always tack it in by hand before I go to the machine, that way I know it's going to fit. An easier way to do it if you have enough material is to just sew down a 'band', put a big safety pin on the end of the elastic and push it though! If you're working with a garment that is already made, you can use seam binding on the inside of a waist band and do the same thing ... just slip-stitch the seam binding to the inside of the waist band (being careful not to go all the way through), put a safety pin on the end of the elastic, work it through and sew it at the end.

I scalpeled my ankle again last night and after the numbing stuff wore off it hurt so bad it kept me awake almost all night!
Old 06-16-2004, 04:22 AM   #7  

Thanks meme and joanne..I was stretching the elastic but it didn't seem to work. I was replacing the elastic in my knee pads and some underware (in the waist). I run elastic through anyting I can if it already has a band, like you said meme.

Still itching but it gets alittle better each day. The lotion I use attracts misquitos!!!!!!! We have west nile here really bad too!

Pulled weeds today and found 4 baby kittens, one was dead and two were lifeless. I called the animal emergency clinic and they told me to bring them in the house and try to get some milk and syrup down them and right now they are sleeping soundly. They shoud be hungry around 5 or 6 again. Not sure if we are keeping them or taking them to the humane society for care and adoption. DH does not want any more cats, says 3 is enough. Still not sure if they will even make it, but I am trying.
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 06:58 AM   #8  

You would get along great with my aunt, Candice. She loves to rescue cats.Joanne, I had diverticulosis for a month from cucumber seed,s almost had to be hospitalized. Gotta dive Brad this am because he's getting his truck serviced. Found out that a graduation party was on the same day as our condo OPen House-was supposed to be the night before-Brad will go and then come down to the condo. Too much going on-I am glad we are going on vacation the last week in June. To Vermont. Quiet!!!!!!!That would be after the wedding and the church picnic the next day. TOO MUCH GOING ON !Still getting rid of stuff from Brad's mom's house. But not me-I don't lift. Bye for now. Mima I am going to change my name to Meme.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:26 AM   #9  

Default Hey There

Memi- This has been a busy couple weeks for me too. I guess it will quiet down after this weekend. I want to find some time to go to my daughters this summer. She is a busy girl too. The school has signed her up for several workshops. At least she gets paid for that.
Candice. I too slide elastic through a casing whenever I can.Avon puts out a lotion that is good for the skin,smells nice,and will repel biting bugs. I use it all the time . I am allergic to bug bites.
Meme- I am a nurse and there is no way I would scalpel anything on my body. I don't know how you do it. Be really careful and don't get an infection.
Hello Happy. Ally and everybody...Joanne
Old 06-17-2004, 02:15 AM   #10  

I'm being careful, I sterilize the scalpel really good and then wash it out with saline before putting on a new silver patch which also takes care of the infection. I've watched them do it so many times at the clinic I SHOULD be able to do it myself! Piece of cake! Problem is ... it's not getting any better. I don't think it's EVER going to get any better unless I just get completely OFF my feet! Maybe after Bible School! We are going to NC on Saturday - coming back Monday ... VBS starts Monday goes through Friday so Maybe the next week I can just go to bed and stay there for awhile!

I'm so angry I could spit nails. Here we are, 5 days 'till Bible School starts and the director tells me she's having FIVE classes now instead of the original THREE she started out with. She was going to just have a nursery for the little ones ... too small to sing songs ... and then combine the Preschool and Kindergarten, have a Primary and then combine the Middlers and Juniors. She didn't have enough teachers to have four. So NOW she finds 2 more teachers and decides to have a Preschool class and a Teen class so I have to come up with FOUR more songs at the last minute. She didn't give me the material until LAST WEEK (I should have had it 2 months ago) so, counting the Theme Song, that means I have less than two weeks to learn 11 songs plus I have 7 songs I'm memorizing for the Women's Conference the Saturday after Bible School ... THAT'S EIGHTEEN SONGS!!! And 9 of them are action songs ... so I have to memorize the actions, too! The Theme is 'Power Up'! It's about (of all things) Exercising your Spirituality and in ALL 9 songs you're actually doing EXERCISE moves to the music ... like waist side bends, stretches, marching in place, moving your feet forward and back, pretending to lift a barbell things like that. I told hubby I'd probably lose 2 or 3 more pounds by the time VBS was over!
Old 06-17-2004, 06:10 AM   #11  

I want to go to your Bible School, Meme. Brad wants to move this ugly old desk downstairs so I have been cleaning it out-yikes-junk!!!Whole bag of it-more today, I don't know where to put everything. I FINISHED THE CROSSTITCH-now I hope it doesn't run when I wash it. I was making a list of things I will bring camping-of course, the kind of camping we do is a real vacation and we don't have to travel far-no phone, tv. They have a heated pool and hot tub. Great news-stepson broke up with the girlfriend with 3 kids. Never met her but didn;t think it was a good situation. Thank You God!!! Bye Mima
Old 06-17-2004, 10:33 AM   #12  

Default Hey There

Meme- You must be pretty good to be singing as much as you do. I sure hope you find the healing for your leg wound.
Mima-I love those vacation spots with no yv ot phones.. No people and no huge shopping areas. St. George Island up in the panhandle of Fl. is/was one of those places. My daughter tells me it is growing by leaps and bounds there now.We would go there with food and clothes and enjoy a week.
Hello everybody.
Happy Fathers Day to all your hubbys.
Bye..Joanne
Old 06-17-2004, 12:08 PM   #13  

Hey, Mima ... I'll make a deal with you ... you come work out with my kids at Bible School and I'll go on your camping trip with the heated pool and hot tub!!!
Old 06-18-2004, 05:55 AM   #14  

d told me he invited his brother and his wife to come with us camping-I flipped. I had a picture in my mind of a peaceful retreat after all this hullabalu-anyhow-I agreed to one night but I don't know if they will come-I think the real reason is that he is a taker, sort of, we have had them here many times and they never have invited us over. I like them and we go out to eat together but.......There, I said it. The other grandma of Evan and Alison is up here visiting so they are coming to dinner Tues. I like them and they are so good to us in FL. Daughter broke up with boyfriend. They are coming Father's Day. Wouldn't it be nice if we all could go in a hot tub. Mima
Old 06-18-2004, 11:47 AM   #15  

Gee... ALL of us in a hot tub at the same time!? We'd be so busy talking we'd forget the time and shrivel up!!! That would never work!!!

I hate takers ... make an excuse or they'll ruin your vacation!