Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2001, 12:44 PM   #1  

This thread is for people who wish to work on specific goals from now until summer (approximately 9 more weeks). To join, simply post your goals. Good luck!
Old 04-12-2001, 12:54 PM   #2  

That last thread had moved to the second page, so I thought it was time to begin anew.

I weighed in this morning and was down .5 lbs. I had hoped for more, but since TOM arrived, I was grateful for any registered loss. Maybe next week will be even better.

I'm looking forward to achieving a weight of 183 because the last time I'm aware that I weighed this was in 1993. I'm also hoping to be 179 by my birthday. I would have to lose 11 pounds in 11 weeks. It's definitely possible, but life happens. I have neared my 50 lb weight loss (185.5) so many times only to miss it. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me!

I have been doing pretty well overall on the program. I find it hard to eat only 25 points/day, but usually my exercise points even things out a bit.

How are all of you doing?

235.5/190
Old 04-12-2001, 03:09 PM   #3  

n 2 a swan: Saw jdoneil's post on page two of "100+ . . . " thread, and she's right. I haven't been much of a team player either, so here I am.

I've been out of touch, because I've been "out of sorts". Found out this week that I have sleep apnea (and I'm sure some depression too) but now I know that it's not ALL in my mind. LOL I hope to have more energy (and better spirits) when I find out what can be done to help me sleep.

My weight loss efforts have really taken a back seat due to some of the other stuff. I just simply lost interest, but I still keeping coming here hoping that something will click in my little ol' head.

You are doing so well. Keep up the good work. My fingers are crossed.

2oM (Snoozin' Annie)
Old 04-12-2001, 03:57 PM   #4  
I just wanna be me :-)

S/C/G: 265/224.6/141

Red face

HI everyone!!!!
Its a yucky rainy day here Well i need to motivate myself to exercise in this weather, so i am gonna go and try, lolol. I will try and post later and let you know if i did

Marion
Old 04-12-2001, 06:32 PM   #5  

Snoozin' Annie - Sorry to hear that you've had such a hard time. At least now that you have received a diagnosis, you'll be able to get some treatment. I remember reading that sleep loss negatively affects weight loss. So let's hope that once you get treatment and feel better, everything else will fall into place. For now, it's probably ok that you're not focused on losing weight. My only word of caution is to try not to gain more weight. I'm speaking from experience. After going through numerous subsequent traumas, I allowed myself to go from being 23 lbs overweight to 100 lbs overweight. So, be careful and keep us posted. :

Marion - I don't feel like exercising today. So I bargained with myself that I would ride my stationary bike while I watch Survivor. And no, I'm not going to ride the entire hour.

Last edited by n 2 a swan; 04-12-2001 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-12-2001, 09:16 PM   #6  

Just logging on to say that I spent 30 sweat-filled minutes on my stationary bike. And I ate within point range even though I wanted something else to eat. The temptation to eat is always present.
Old 04-12-2001, 11:03 PM   #7  

I ended up getting out and walking between the rain drops..............that food thing is especially hard for me, if i am not home i do good, if i am home........I am scouring the house for food, lolol, i should just scour the house!!!!!!!

Marion
Old 04-13-2001, 08:42 AM   #8  

n 2 a swan and exercisebimbo: You two are doing great with bike riding and walking. Spring is just around the corner here in Michigan (I hope). Yesterday was 68 degrees in the morning and 55 in the afternoon, so Mother Nature is still playing with our minds. I couldn't get out anyway, because I was at work. I can't wait to get out and wash my car by hand. (If I do it when the weather is chilly I get a cold or flu with out fail.)

2oM (Annie)
Old 04-13-2001, 11:05 AM   #9  

My kiddos are off school for today and all next week, so i hoping with the decreased amount of running i will be doing i can increase the amount of walking i am doing!!!!!!

Marion
Old 04-15-2001, 04:07 PM   #10  

Greetings, challengers! I haven't been doing much of anything lately unless it was work-related, haven't even had time to lurk at this site in over a week. The new job I started in late January has been demanding an incredible amount of my time relative to what I'd been investing in the previous job and it's had a negative impact on my ability to sleep, exercise and cook.

2ofMe - glad that some health news has been good (the biopsies) and that you've had a diagnosis (sleep apnea) that, presumably, gives you an opportunity to manage a problem that you didn't realize needed managing. I echo Swan's suggestion to make sure you don't gain while you concentrate on trying to get the apnea under control.

Swan - hope you meet your goals! Isn't it exciting to get back to a size you haven't been at for an extremely long time!? At 44, I find myself at a size I probably haven't been for 30 years. It's unbelievable to me.

I had tried out power treadmills at fitness facilities at hotels and decided I really like using one. I found it was better than just walking around outside because of all the information you get from it -- I know exactly how fast I'm going, how far and so forth. So, I bought one. It took about 6 weeks for it to get delivered and then was quite a struggle to get to the room where it now lives (weighs about 160 lbs or so). But, now that it's set up, I'm really loving it! Today and yesterday, I spent about 1 hour on it each morning.

And, my goal for this challenge has been to run 1 mile uninterrupted. To this end, I've been trying short spurts at 4 mph (I can't walk at that pace, I have to trot). It's incredible to me that I can trot for 2/10ths of a mile without keeling over!

I haven't weighed in for about 3 weeks due to travel and other work obligations. I'll likely miss a few more before I can get back. In the meantime, I've been lurking just above 100 lbs lost ... I expect to reach that milestone at the next WI.

Judy in finally sunny MA
338/239/175
Old 04-15-2001, 06:23 PM   #11  

Judy - Good for you that you've bought a treadmill! And jogging!! That always impresses me so. Ever since puberty, which unfortunately gave me a second helping of breasts, I have been unable to run without discomfort even at 135 lbs. So, jogging always seems like the ultimate in fitness to my ears. Keep up the good work!! : Sorry that your new job is so taxing!! I hope that you can enjoy its challenges. And let us know when you cross that 100 lbs mark! What an achievement!

Happy Easter and Passover to everyone!
Old 04-16-2001, 10:44 AM   #12  

Mornin' everyone

joody0756: Have fun with the treadmill. They are especially nice when the weather is nasty. Um . . . that's when I use mine.

n 2 a swan: I got the 3rd and 4th helping. I guess I was right behind you in line when the top half was being handed out. Funny how small girls want more and big girls want less.

Have a happy Monday

2oM (Annie)
Old 04-16-2001, 01:06 PM   #13  

LOL, Annie, that was YOU behind me in line? I never realized that we'd met. :

I've noticed also that small women want bigger breasts and bigger women want smaller breasts. I'm sure there's a lesson in there somewhere ie. be grateful for what you have. But when my back hurts, I just want them gone. Even when my back doesn't hurt, I still want them gone.

I recalculated my sorbet and somehow I thought it was 2 points instead of 3. Whoops! I don't know how I did that. I hope the scale will still be my friend this week.
Old 04-16-2001, 01:50 PM   #14  

n 2 a swan: Yep, that was me behind you in line. I thought I was standing in the "$1 a Kiss" line. Thought I saw the Dentyne Ice guy sitting there just a-waitin' for me. LOL Breasts are what I was talking about. Did you think I meant my big head or my large, expansive mind? LOL LOL LOL LOL You know the old saying, "Be careful what you wish for - you just might get it", so I don't wish for them to be gone, just smaller.

Still exhausted but having a good day none the less. (Is that all one word?) It keeps snowing off and on. I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind. GEEZ. Is it spring or not?

2oM (Annie)
Old 04-19-2001, 01:14 PM   #15  

Well, TOM plagued me all week. It lasted 8 straight days and I was craving food. I ate many points. I'm allowed 27 points, but I'm trying to eat no more than 25. I didn't manage to eat 25 points even one day. But I did exercise 6 out of 7 days - 38 points worth and I ate most of those. Somehow, God smiled on me and I lost 1.5 lbs this week!! I was so relieved. I can't think of the last time that I've had 2 consecutive losses. These weren't even that big, but I'll sure take them.

How are you all?

235.5/188.5
Closed Thread