Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-02-2004, 03:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/sig/125

Height: 5'1

Unhappy On my last thread of hope

Hi. I am a 21 year old girl. I'm 5'1 and I weigh 190 pounds... Everyone guesses that im about 150 but I dont have the courage to tell anyone my real weight. Ive tried everything. Ive starved myself, Ive ate right and excerised, Ive been bulimic, Ive tried metabolife, I have tried eating one meal a day, Ive tried appitite suppressors... and more im sure. The only thing that seems to work for me is the Atkins diet. This may have somthing to do with me have polycystic ovary syndrome. I need to be on a low carb diet. But I moved to Australia from the US and they dont have low card foods especilly for atkins people. I keep gaining weight every week. Food isnt just somthing to make me live and fill me up... its like im addicted to it I just cant stop thinking about it. I dont know what to do... I live with my husband who is trying to GAIN weight so I cant create a fail free enviornment. He loves his snacks and he shouldnt have them taken away. How can I get myself to get my mind off food and on somthing else? Im just ready to give up.
Rikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 08:15 AM   #2  
WW Moderator

Don't give up! I have PCOS and I can tell you that we CAN lose weight, it just takes longer for some of us. You don't specifically have to do to Atkins. You might be able to do Sugar Busters or South Beach Diet. Also, to do Atkins, you don't need any special products. Do you have the book? You should definitely read it if you haven't yet. The foods are very simple. Meats, vegetables and dairies for the most part. You don't have to have low carb breads, etc. I tried them but didn't like them. Here are some links that might help you.

Atkins Synopsis:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-toolb...ns/atkins.html

Induction Ideas:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-toolb...induction.html

3FC's PCOS forum - post here with us in the monthly thread!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70

I'm leaving for surgery in .... 5 minutes (ovaries) so I won't be there for a day or so, but I'm sure there are others to answer questions!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 08:37 AM   #3  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Hi Rikku,
There is a way for you if you are committed and you will find it.
I don't know anything about pcos but the link Jennifer left you above should tell you loads of stuff and the women there will tell you what has worked and what hasn't for them.....
Also maybe have a talk with your husband about his snacking...gaining weight and bulking up are 2 different things.
Is he interested in doing it a healthy way or just wants to turn into a big blob of unhealthy fat???
My husband and I both love to snack and I bake a bit...I just use splenda instead of sugar and unsweetened applesauce in cake recipes that call for oil.
I also buy a dozen eggs,crack every one,seperate the whites into a bowl,add 2 of the yolks and beat them then pour into a jar and use this for my egg substitute to cut down on the cholesterol and fat....its my cheaper version of egg beaters.

If he likes cake mix...you can use the egg mix and applesauce instead of eggs and oil and save a ton of fat, you will be shocked how great a devilsfood cake mix is doing this.

If you would like come to our group april chicks, we are a great helpful supportive bunch of chicks who are finding our way.
Diane
ralphmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 09:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/sig/125

Height: 5'1

Thank you for your replies you guys I will look at those links now. Its nice to know there are people who have the same struggles as me, even though it sounds mean.. its good to know your not alone.
Rikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:44 AM   #5  

Default Please Dont Give Up

Rikku,

Please don't give up. It will only make you more miserable someday. You could end up being 30 and weighing over 200 pounds. Please don't abuse your body either. You will pay for it someday if you do. And it seems that it only puts us farther behind.

I hope you find the information you need to help you. I have heard a lot of good things about south beach. It seems very sensible. Good for your whole body and easier to follow than a lot of diets. But you have to find what works for you. Even if you have to keep trying different things don't give up.

It will come off. Probably when we stop beating ourselves up about it and start loving ourselves enough to want to nourish our bodies and do what is good for us???? Just a thought.

Good luck to you. Please let me know how you are doing.
findingmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 08:40 PM   #6  

Yes don't give up!! You can do it. You just need support. Thats what everyone is here for.

Bethany
thinmom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:43 PM   #7  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

rikku, I had the same problem with your age. I was quite overweight but didn't really look it and I am also short (5'3"). Sadly I have to be honest with you, it will catch up to you. Now is the best time to get the weight off while you are still young. I also had a boyfriend (now my husband) who was skinny as a rail and always wanted sweets and junk food. We both gained a lot of weight over the years. He has lost a lot lately due to illness (not a great way to lose weight) and looks better than he has in 15 years. I wish I could look the same. I think talking to your husband and asking him to either hide his snacks from you or to cut out the junk and eat healthier snacks is the best thing to do. I don't know much about Atkins, I am doing the Dr. Phil Rapid Start Plan which I find very reasonable once you get over not eating many carbs. You don't have to worry about finding low carb food as you don't have to count carbs or anything. You eat one carb serving a day ie. a serving of whole grain cereal for breakfast and then that is it. The rest of the plan consists of a protein serving at each meal, 2 servings daily each of fruit and low fat dairy and tons and tons of veggies. Can't get any simpler than that and it is something that you can really work with. Anyway, best wishes and good luck.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote