Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-25-2004, 06:19 PM   #1  
Running to Catch Up

S/C/G: 261/ticker/150

Default Finding a Support System

My husband is thoroughly supportive of the idea of my losing weight, and god knows, he needs to lose around 75 pounds as well. But even though he's a great cheerleader, he doesn't become as motivated and starts falling off the wagon, and then I fall off the wagon. Or Visa Versa.

Outside of him, I don't really have friends that I can use to hold me accountable to my plan, or even to check-in with regarding my weight loss plan.

I know there is a great support system here which I intend to fully utilize since you all seem so motivated and strong, but I was wondering...

Outside of 3FC, do you have a strong support system to lose the weight?
Minty Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 06:23 PM   #2  
Tons of fun!!!!

I have a great boyfriend who wants to lose weight too, and the weird thing is all of my family are big people and most of my friends are as well, so most of them are suportive. ALthough it isnt uncommon to feel a hint of jealousy coming from them when they dont lose weight and you do. But all in all I think I am lucky because since I started this plan to change my life last month everyone has been great and really supportive, plus this site is incredible and it helps TONS!!! have a great day!
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 06:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260.5/163.5/147

Height: 5'7"

My parents and sister are all doing WW as well as me. Also, about 4 of my work colleagues are doing it too, so they're all a great support. We weigh in on different days and always ask each other how we've got on.
^^Angel^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:27 PM   #4  

Outside of here I do not have a weight loss support system at all. My hubby wants to lose about 30 pounds. And he kept saying okay lets start this day for a while I kept waiting for him. Now I figure when he is ready he can jump on board with me. Until then I have to do what makes me happy.

He also always tells me how beautiful he thinks I am and how I still look the same to him as I always have Ugggghhhh!!!! That definately doesn't help. He is awful sweet though. But I am not happy with me so its coming off.

Last time I lost weight my sister pretty much would have nothing more to do with me. Things have never been the same since. And all of my friends are pretty thin of course they are always on some sort of fast or fad diet. So they can't relate.

So... I was on my own until I found all of YOU!!!
findingmyself is offline   Reply With Quote