South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 01:07 AM   #1  

Question Splenda overkill??

Hi everyone!

I'm liking SBD so far. I'm still having a problem with serving sizes. One thing I noticed is that I'm really craving sweets. I have my ricotta dessert and then I want more and more, sometimes eating up to two cups a day, I'm hooked.
I load it with Splenda and imitation vanilla extract!

Also, I wanted to know if drinking a few glasses of Crystal Lite a day is oK.
Mainly, I can't seem to find anywhere if there is a daily limit for Splenda,
and/or, other artificial sweetners. I have lost 2 and a half pounds and I'm still finishing up my first "real" week on the SBD. I fooled around with SBD for a few weeks before getting serious.

I love reading the posts from everyone. It sure answers a lot of questions and provides much encouragement and hope. Hope everyone had a great weekend and thanks for all the advice.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:13 AM   #2  

the splenda is listed uder the 75 calories a day deal, it's an artificial sweetner. And your sugar cravings will go away in a few days but if not then you need to re-exam your food choices then because you may have something there triggering that. And crystal lit is fine as long as your keeping up with your water consumption as well.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:28 AM   #3  

Smile I forgot to ask this

Hi again,

Thanks melissak for the advice;but I'm still a little confused as Splenda has
0 calories. I know I'm going to get this right. lol

I forgot to ask...Can we have 15 almonds and 2 Tbls. of "natural" peanut butter, or is it one or the other???????? I read and read the book and still can't always find all the answers to some of my questions.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:30 AM   #4  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Hi debido! Welcome to the world of SBD!

I drink a lot of diet pepsi which I should give up but for now it hasn't hurt my loss too badly. But I also drink over 2 liters of water a day so whatever I do drink of pepsi is in addition.

Maybe you should up your portions of good veggies etc in order to decrease your cravings. Try to wean yourself off of the ricotta creme, I find I crave yummy sweet or hideously salty things (ie chips) when I am hungry so maybe you just need to eat more real food. Also as MelissaK said, there could be something slipping in there that is causing the cravings....caffeine can do that as well.

Good luck with everything and Great job on the two pound loss!
Old 05-24-2004, 09:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm not sure of the nuts but I am assuming it would be one or the other. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Michelle
Old 05-24-2004, 09:41 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, guys! I asked the same question about nuts, and so I now know the answer: only one serving of nuts a day. That means you can have 15 almonds (or cashews/walnuts, etc) OR 20 peanuts OR 2 Tbsp peanut butter OR 30 pistachios.

About the ricotta creme, you need to stay to just 1/2 a cup a day. It can cause you to gain a lot of weight, not only because of the cravings, but because of the calories. Check them out...you'll find that you are probably eating 500-700 cal a day with those 2 cups! Eeek!

Have you checked out the No Sugar Added popsicles? There are several regular ones, some creamsicle varieties, and fudgesicles. These have less calories and seem to satisfy my sweet tooth more than the ricotta does. You can only have 75 calories a day of things that do not have nutritional value but are sweetened (popsicles, cool whip, jell-o, etc.)

HTH!
Old 05-24-2004, 08:41 PM   #7  

Talking Thanks everyone !

Thanks for all the responses. It helped to clear up a few more things for me. I have cut way down on the ricotta today. I'll have to look for the fudge pop and such at the store. I'm hoping these sugar cravings will go away soon. I'm still hanging in there. I really want this to work. I may be over eating, but it's with the food from SBD current food lists. I hope I can stop that too, soon! I'm on day 5 in Phase 1. One day at a time.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:16 PM   #8  
Tiffanie

i, too, tend to eat a lot of the ricotta creme. no more than 1 cup per day, which is still 2 servings, though. i love the chocolate one though...and it satiates my chocolate cravings. i've also been overdoing it on the nuts... not TOO badly, but probably twice the amount i should be having. i just LOVE them though. it's hard to not have "just a few more".

what i wouldn't do for a roll...lol.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:20 PM   #9  

Default Excess, excess

yeah, that's my middle name: excess. I was told on the boards, here, that the cravings should decrease after a few more days. I hope so. I'm still going to keep hanging in there. I cut way back on the ricotta today. I really like the nuts and peanut butter(natural) too! I have to watch myself with that also.

debido
Closed Thread