South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 05:47 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Thursday Chit Chat

Morning chickies, thought I would start us off today. I didn't go back to bed after DH left this morning. So I am having a cup of tea and enjoying 10 minutes of quite befroe I get dd up for her shower and before the wee ones start coming. My knee has finally clicked back into place and I can walk without hobbling today. Maybe the yoga helped????? I made it through another day OP yesterday and I am not feeling as sluggish it feels good to be back on track. Well sleepy heads I will be back soon. Do you know that there is only 40 days till summer.....which means shorts and bathing suits....I really need to stay OP. Be back later.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:57 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Little Chick, it feels like summer here right now and the weather will be summerlike for the next week. I guess I need to get out the summer clothes at last.

Big noise from the Girls around 4 AM. I know I forgot the compost bucket on the back deck last night and suspect some critter got into it! Let's hope he ate the whole thing. I think I'll just ignore the mess until after I've had coffee.

Sarah is not coming this morning - my decision as I need a day off! It'll be a morning of laundry and kitchen cleanup. I need to make dogfood but may be able to stall until tomorrow as I forgot to thaw the chicken mix! I am too tired after dinner these nights to remember things! Fell asleep on the counch until 1 AM again!

I'm off to town for a haircut this afternoon and may check out summer clothes as well as get more fruits and veggies. California strawberries are tasting pretty good these days. Our own won't be ready until the end of June and will be even better, of course.

Off for coffee and dog care. Have a gread day!
Old 05-13-2004, 06:41 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

I'm a grumpy chick this morning...2nd in a row with not enough sleep. Dh woke up early and left the @#$#%& bathroom light on...grrrr...

Finally got my AC at work fixed...there's a slow freon leak in the unit, and the landlord doesn't want to pay to have it fixed. Since he's also one of our biggest clients, my boss doesn't want to rock the boat and force him to fix it. And since *he* is certainly not going to pay to fix it, the tech just pumped it full. So, I'm sure that before the summer is over I'll be telling this same story over again.

I have been SO OP this week, you'd think I'd lose something, but as of this morning, the scale is still stuck. ~~sigh~~ I've also been suffering from cramps in my calves at night. What is that all about? I drink water and take vitamins and minerals, including a cal/mag/potassium supplement.

Today's lunch is the last of the leftover pot roast with a slice of 100% whole wheat bread, a boiled egg and a salad. Tonight's supper will be broiled tilapia fillets, green beans and more salad.

Will try to pop back on after my shower...

Mamacita
Old 05-13-2004, 10:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning -

Well, I had my one month weigh & measure at Curves this morning, and I guess I did OK. Total I lost 10.5", but I only lost 2lbs. I wasa told I'm building muscle and because it weighs more than fat, that I should expect a slight gain. Still, I want to see the scales go down! OK,OK, NO MORE DQ!!! I DO know that I've got to go shopping for a new summer wardrobe, none of my clothes fit anymore. I tried on several outfits this morning, and everything is WAY too loose! DH is saying he needs new summer clothes, too, so I guess a day of shopping is in the near future.
Had to order a new cordless phone last night. We've been having a lot of problems with our old one (only 3 yrs old), the caller can hear us, but we can't hear them. Jake tried new batteries, but that didn't remedy the problem. Luckily we got a flier from Sears shop-at-home, and they had a pretty nice cordless phone at a decent price, so that's what we got. Hope it doesn't take forever to come - they said 3-5 days. In the meantime our upstairs phone works fine, but who wants to sprint upstairs every time the phone rings? Jake won't cause he complains it's never for him anyway!
Tonight's supper will be Tex-Mex Pork Chops and broccoli, with a sweet potato for Jake. I'm putting myself on Phase 1 for a while.
See ya all later -
Old 05-13-2004, 10:33 AM   #5  

Hey everybody! I'm baaaack! Actually I've been back since Mon night, but things have been so hectic around here that I've just been looking, not posting.

The SEPTIC System backed up last Fri, DH couldn't figure out the problem since we had just had it pumped last year, and I promptly decamped for DD's house saying that I could not do without plumbing, thank you. (Couldn't cope with the mess either. You country people will know what I mean.) So he tried a few things, called the septic guy to pump, but of course he couldn't come til Mon. So I stayed until it was fixed, and DD had done a cleanup. Yuck!!

Stayed pretty much OP and lost 2 or 3 lbs over the weekend. Staying away from msg severly limits the menu, and DD sweetly cooked especially for me, and I cooked pot roast for the grandson who eats it for breakfast the next day.

This week has been taken up with misfilled prescriptions, changing thyroid meds, and a dermatologist's app this morning. I need a biopsy on a little thing, and he froze a bunch of skin tags on my neck which were catching on collars and jewelry.

I need to get into the garden. It's already getting away from me; the weather's been so warm and rainy. But first the laundry, then the kitchen needs hoeing out, need to think about dinner prep. I don't understand why they call it retirement. LOL

JO
Old 05-13-2004, 12:12 PM   #6  
RNMOM

Default Hi ya'll

It sounds like you all have nice warm days planned outside. We had snow yesterday....I've been at work since 0600 so I don't know what the weather is doing. I did ride my bike to work this morning (my dh bought me one for Mother's Day) and it was freezing.

Anyway, feeling good
Closed Thread