Old 04-30-2004, 08:30 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Friday 4/30 (WOOHOO!!)

Ok. I had this GREAT big HUGE thread started..and decided to scrap it. Why bore ya all. IT'S FRIDAY!! It's supposed to rain so my baby privet hedges will get a drink. I can't wait for them to grow. I'm meeting my co-leader for GS after work so I know there's a chocolate steamer in my future--and that's as low carb as I can find (w/out drinking coffee) in that place. They're the kind you mention low-carb and they're ALL confused.
I'm boss free @ work today so I'll be popping in and out.
You all have a GREAT day!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 08:55 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Just plopping in to say hello !!

Love Yah's
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:32 AM   #3  
Somethin's gotta give

ARGH! well, Im determined to make this a good friday EVEN after this story...

Hey Brenda and Leenie! Good friday to ya!

ok...so...I dont own a scale ( threw it out during my last "its just a number" fit...) so when I started I weighed on my best friends scale...185 ok, I can handle it...last friday again on hers 180...cool! So I decide I better get a scale...I go out and get one last night. I weigh this morning...187???????????
I FREAK. I immediately write to her to whine and complain...and I get this back:

...."I never use that scale Rie...I didnt tell you it was messed up? it weighs 10 pounds too light"

WHUUUU_HUUUTTT????

so I was 195 when I started not 185! I keep telling myself, its just a number, I still lost 8 pounds but....why is that number meaning so much to me???
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:35 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Leenie:

Marie: When you figure out why the number means a lot let me know. I've been wondering the same thing. I keep telling myself that it should be the way I feel that counts. But I guess cuz if someone asks "how much do you weigh" you gotta give a number...not "I feel GREAT".

Ok. this is going to be a VERY long day. As long as the witches daughter (who is suspended from school this week for stealing) stays out of here I can pop in and out and keep up with personals
Old 04-30-2004, 10:22 AM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies!!!

I have to say i am feelin' hot today, I am sportin my xl t-shirt from the womens section and my new sunglasses it is sunny outside and I feel vundabar!!! I am still in awe that in October I was in an 3XL t-shirt from the mens section and now I am in an XL t-shirt from the ladies section!!!!! AND it isn't even tight it fits perfectly!! YEAH!!! That is my big win for the day!!

Brenda Have a great boss free day lady!!

Hi leenie girl!! Happy Friday

Marie, I left you a note on the bio thread in ase you didn't know, and you are doing great!! Don't worry about that dumb scale it is just designed to bring you down!!

Love TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:41 AM   #6  

Hiya Everyone Thank God It's FRIDAY!!!!!!!

Brenda: Hope you have a great boss free day!!!!!

Marie: Don't worry about the numbers! Good thing is you have LOST!!!! No matter what scale you are using, you have still lost! WTG!!!!

TG: Congrats on that XL. Isnt' that just the greatest feeling!!!!

Well, I made it through the long night at work last night! Was not a very happy camper by the time it was over though. Night shift is so different from day shift. Just seems that everyone on day shift works together, but it's a different story on night shift. Oh well.... It's over and I told them never call me again to pull a shift like that I am so glad that it is Friday. Only today and tomorrow to go and then I am off for 5 days!!!!! I can't wait. I am sure that these 2 last days will take forever though! Hope everyone has a great day! I'm off to work and will try to check back in when I get in this evening!!!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:46 AM   #7  

Finally.....been so busy all morning.

Brenda and Leenie

Marie: I know just how you feel. My scale at home is not digital and my dh wants to get a new one. However I know that if I do my weight will be higher on the new scale. I just can't deal with that right now. So I stick with the stone age scale. Suits me just fine. Other than that all I can say is think about what you have lost whether the number is what it was or higher.
Hope that makes sense.

TG: You go you XL girl you! Wherever you shop they better start stocking up on larges and mediums because you are on your way!

Not much to report with me this morning. Busy today at work. Glad the weekend is here.

Oh, I forgot.....I went to a Mystic Tan place last night so that as I start wearing my capri's etc I wouldn't be pastey white....mistake! Well at least it was for me. Yes I have some color but is orange really considered the color of a tan? They say it isn't orange it is "golden". Now if I remember my color wheel isn't gold closer to orange?
It's not that bad but still.....some white patches...had to use my own self tanner cream at home this morning to fill in the patches. My hands look like I stuck them in dirt! They are actually the worst. Oh well. May go back one more time or may not...not sure yet. Probably should stick with my Neutrogena Spray (or Tan in a Can as I call it).
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:00 AM   #8  

Good morning,
I just finished with my last class of the semester! But I'm going home this afternoon, and my flight leaves earlier than I thought, so I've really got to get on top of the whole packing thing. I want to bring a lot home now so I don't have to worry about it at the end of the year. Looks like I'm going to have to bring some work home with me too as I'm not finished with my paper yet. But, there's not that much left to do, so I'm sure I won't have a problem finishing it by Monday.

Brenda- enjoy being free of supervision for the day.

Leenie- Hi!

Marie- I wouldn't stress about the scale numbers. And, at least you've lost 8 lbs! That's still the same and its fabulous.

TG- Congratulations on the smaller size t-shirt. That's a huge accomplishment.

Mrs. H- Good for you for saying you won't do the night shift again.

Jane- Orange? Makes white not sound so bad. Maybe you can go outside and get a little of that goregous real sun today. I can't believe it's so nice here, and I have to spend the weekend at home were its in the fiftes and rainy.

Wish me luck getting my butt in gear to do some packing. I've only got about an hour.
Abbie
Genghis Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:16 AM   #9  
Head Princess

Happy Friday!

Brenda - I'm going to KILL you!!!! I made those damn pumpkin bars last night and then promptly downed 2 of them with fresh whipped cream. They are soooooo good!

Marie - I say invest in a scale and then don't stress. Our bodies fluctuate. Mine by 3-5 pounds a day. So I go by "range". As long as the high end and the low end of the range keeps dropping, I'm doing good. Try tracking your measurements, too. Very encouraging!

TG - How wonderful is our weather???? Keep an eye out for me driving around today with my sparkly Princess t-shirt on and the convertible top down. Wa-hooo!!!!

Lisa - I want 5 days off......... *sniff*

Jane - I tried the spray on tans for a while, but it's so much effort and then my sheets and clothes end up getting stained. This year I decided to forget it and I'm getting real sun. I don't care.

Abbie - Have a safe trip!

I'm doing swimmingly. It's gorgeous out and I'm currently trapped in, but only until 3:30 and then I'm finding an errand to run just so I can put the top down on my car and enjoy the day. I'm so happy winter is over!!!!

Back later. Smoochies!!!!!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:18 AM   #10  
Baby Steps

Abbie: Good luck packing and hope you get that paper done soon!!

Jane: I've been thinking of looking into that spray tan. Guess I'll re-think it. I've also thought about the tan in a bottle. It comes in spray you say? Do ya think THAT'LL turn me orange?? Even though orange on me might not be a bad color (better than bright white).

Lisa: Sorry that the night shift isn't fun to work. I can't figure out why people can't band together to get things done. It's much more fun that way. Chin up--2 days to go!!

TG: Congrats on the XL. I've been tempted to buy a Medium to see if it'll fit. But of course I'm chicken. I know the feeling you have of going from the 3x to the XL though. YOU GO GIRL!!!!
Old 04-30-2004, 11:20 AM   #11  
Baby Steps

Star: Thanks for putting your math loss down. It's great incentive and IS a big deal!!

OH!!! I WARNED you about those pumpkin bars!!!!! No WAY can you kill me if I warned you!!!! lol

Hmm....I need more info on that tanning stuff. It rubs off???
Old 04-30-2004, 11:26 AM   #12  
Head Princess

The warning wasn't enough. I woke up dying for one of the damn things! Argh!

The sunless tanning lotion or spray basically just stains your skin. It's incredibly important to wash your hands (especially between fingers and around nails) or they turn dark brown and look freaky. Since it's just a surface stain, as your skin sloughs off, so will the color. You have to use the stuff about every 3 days to maintain your look.

Tips and tricks:

Exfoliate the **** out of your skin before trying to use this stuff. It will help it go on more evenly and stay longer.

Lotion up with regular lotion first. Again, helps the other stuff go on more evenly.

Be very careful around ankles, knees, wrists, and elbows. The color likes to settle in there and then you look funny.

Get a tinted tanner so you can more easily see if you missed a spot

Prepare to be naked for at least 30 to 60 minutes and not touching anything so it doesn't rub off on clothes or furniture.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:32 AM   #13  
Baby Steps

You're joking right? Well, looks like I'll stay white cuz there's NO way I'm standing around for an hour naked!!! That isn't too safe
Old 04-30-2004, 11:52 AM   #14  
Somethin's gotta give

Thanks for all the encouragement guys...at least now I have an honest jumping off place...I just can't believe I've gained 30 pounds in the last 2 years

DAMN YOU DALE AND YOUR GRITS AND SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN!

But, he had my new signature made for me to cheer me up....the tinkerbell it turns into at the end is the exact same as the tattoo I have on my back....er...anyone else here have any tattoo's?..piercings?...

I have testing in another room for awhile, so I'll just say hi to everyone, and have a great friday!

On an upnote ( for me anyway) I got a visit from TOM last night--whooyeah!!!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:54 AM   #15  

No, no, no, no.............Not the self tanner that I used the past couple of years. I buy the Neutrogena Spray and it doesn't have a bronzer in it so it doesn't stain your skin or your body. It takes about 4 hours for the tan to appear. It also blends right into your skin so you can get dressed right away.

Like Star said you do have to be careful around ankles, elbows etc. Exfoliation is definitely a good thing before you use it.

The Neutrogena Spray is very fine and covers well. I use the one for fair skin so it doesn't scream out at me if I miss a spot.

Orange you glad you asked!!!!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote