Old 04-26-2004, 08:53 AM   #1  

Default Monday 04-26 chat

Good morning. Don't see anyone yet so I will start.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:01 AM   #2  

OK HOW ANNOYING IS THIS?.............I had this nice long post and when I clicked on submit the page disappeared and so did my post!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2004, 09:19 AM   #3  

ok, so I will try again......

So, I went shopping this weekend to get a new black skirt for an interview I am going to have this week and while I was at the store I found a jean skirt (my other one is now too big). So I grab the size 12 and try it on......too big. Go out to grab a 10 thinking "this will never fit" and IT DID! WOOHOOO.
Now don't get me wrong I KNOW I am not a 10 yet but it means that I am headed that way!

The black skirt was still a 12 but even that felt good. So I got an email from the company I sent my resume to. They asked me to call to set up an appt for an interview. I called and left a message this morning....but I hadn't talked to anyone yet so I still had morning voice and ended up stumbling over my words but WHATEVER!

I will check in more later. Since I am the only one who has checked in this morning I assume you are all having the same problem with this site that I seem to be?
Old 04-26-2004, 09:22 AM   #4  

Good Morning Jane Hope that you had a great weekend!

It is very annoying...same thing happened to me! Well, it's Monday again already. Where does the weekend go? Had a great time at the beach, and the weather was beautiful. I am now the color of a lobster I am very fare skinned, and so I only go from very white...to very red.. Today it's Very Red Well, guess that I'll try to get a few things done before heading to work. Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:24 AM   #5  

Jane: You snuck that last post in on me. Congrats on getting into those skirts. You are definaletly heading in the right direction. Good Luck with the interview, I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:33 AM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

Jane: Congrats on the size 10 -- that's awesome!!

MrsH: Glad you had a great time at the beach!

This weekend was not the best. For some reason, everything that's been going on finally hit me this weekend. I was so angry at my DH and his new church girlfriend. That's all I could think about ALL weekend. It drove me crazy. And, it drove me to eat at McDonald's... TWICE! I didn't even realize I was going to McDonald's. I was just there, ordered what I always used to (Quarter Pounder with cheese and fries) and ate it like nothing was wrong -- no hesitation. I did that on both Saturday and Sunday. I'm not sure what my rationale was -- I know that wasn't hurting him or her, but I was eating it like it was punishing someone... me, I guess. That lead me to feeling bloated and more miserable than before. Yuck!

Anyway, enough about the depressing stuff! There was a good point to the weekend. I fit into a size 10!!! Like Jane, I'm sure I'm not a 10 in everything, but a 10 in anything is a great sign! I got these incredibly cute black pants on sale for $6.71 -- they were originally $58! They'll be great to go out in and shake my size 10 a** -- I can't wait!!

I hope everyone has a great week!!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:52 AM   #7  

Jina: I'm so sorry you were feeling that way this weekend. I can't imagine how I would react or what I would EAT if I were in your shoes. Don't get to upset about the eating. Why we turn to food still amazes me.
It doesn't really make us feel better. Why do we suddenly want a pizza or burger when we are upset? I just don't know.

I am happy you too got into a 10!!!!! Congrats. Isn't that the coolest?

Mrs. H: A lobster I can relate too! I am like a sitting duck (or lobster as the case may be) in the sun. It sees me and must laugh....HAHA I will show her! Red, red, red.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:41 AM   #8  

Good Morning!
Well, I finally have my internet back again! The computer's been pretty sick, and I got booted off the network, but I took it to tech support yesterday and everything's back in working order. Happily, I think I've finally settled into a pattern of consistant loss since I've lost a lb. for the second week in a row. I'm finally in the 140s now, though only just barely. Still, I've been waiting for it to happen for a while and seeing the number on the scale makes me feel like I've accomplished something.

I was having dinner with some friends over the weekend and they asked how the diet was going. I said I was losing weight, but not as much as I'd like. No one could understand why I keep doing it, and don't try something else. I realized that there will never be the perfect diet where the weight just melts off. Sometimes I feel like its unfair that I almost never cheat, and I go to the gym all the time, but it's taken me 2 months to lose 12 lbs. But I have slow metabolism. If I want to lose weight it'll have to be slow. The best I can do is find somthing that I can stick to for the long haul and I think that's what I've done. Just something I've been thinking about.

Jane- Congratulations on the size 10, and good luck on your interview.

Mrs. H- Glad that you had a nice time at the beach. I'm like you, I have fair skin so I never tan intially, I always burn myself to a crisp. I hope it's not to painful.

Jina- A great deal and a smaller size! What a fortuitous combination. I hope that takes your mind off the less pleasent aspects of your life.

Hope everyone else hasn't fallen victim to malevolent computers.
Abbie
Genghis Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:57 AM   #9  
reaching my goals

Congrats Jina on the size 10. That is awesome. Size 10 is my goal size.

It's been forever it seems like since I've been to the board on a regular basis. I've been thinking of all of you and how you were doing though. I managed to put on some pounds while Fullfig, my neice and my mom were here. Fullfig and Mom both lost weight. Leave it to me to find what they lost. I'm still 10 pounds heavier than I was before they arrived. UGH!!! The visit was awesome but the gain could have been done without.

I've been very busy with work and my Home Owner's Assoc. I've also been walking during my lunch break as much as possible. I spent all weekend planting flowers, repotting new houseplants, mowing and raking the yard. At last my yard looks like someone lives here.

I've got to get back to work. I'll try to pop in a little more often.
supersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:59 AM   #10  
Head Princess

Happy Monday!

WARNING: I'm annoyingly perky today.

Jane - Congrats on the size 10's!

Mrs H - I'm fair skinned too. On top of that I break out in a really bad rash if I get the wrong kind of sun (I think it's a UV thing) so I'm building up my tolerance right now. 1/2 an hour each side till I get tan enough that the sun doesn't make me sick.

Jina - That damn #3 is my weakness, too! I went to the McD's website to check the carb count. Something insane that I'll refrain from telling you in case you don't want to know. It's helped my restrain myself, though. And you should go out and shake it soon. You'll feel much better

Abbie - You're doing great!

My weekend was fun. And for a change, I behaved pretty well. DH and I went to go sing karaoke on Friday night and ended up at a friend's house playing a drinking game called 'up the river, down the river'. I stayed pretty sober while DH got trashed

Saturday night, we went out with my Tim and met his girlfriend who was in town visiting. I'd never met her before but I hadn't heard good things, so I was all dressed to kill just in case I needed to make her life a little difficult (I know, I'm rotten). I ended up wearing a just-above-mid-thigh black skirt and a hello-boobs shirt. And then we ended up getting along pretty well. It's still good to be prepared, right?

When we got the the place where we were going to dance, I ran into another friend of mine who's husband is in Iraq. The 5 soldiers that were killed on Friday were in her husband's camp, so she was not in the best form. That resulted in me doing a few shots of Tarantula Tequila with her. Which resulted in a slightly drunk Star who tripped on the sidewalk while walking back to the car. Which resulted in the lovely huge bruise just below my right hip/butt cheek. Oy!

The good news is that I think I've gotten my spring fever craziness out of my system. I spent yesterday working on my tan, rehydrating, and basically lolling about. Today, I'm all refreshed and renewed. I'm off coffee, I'm eating better, and I even rode my bike to work! Yee-haw!

Karen - how the heck do you run in the morning without getting a little nauseous? Riding to and from work is supposed to be part of my routine, but it made me feel soooooo yuck today!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:15 PM   #11  

I just noticed that the forum is going to be down this afternoon....so I better say hello to everyone who has just checked in!

Hello!

Star: oh to be young again! I would be absolutely dead if I went out like you do. Glad you have fun though...that is what is important.

supersized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back. Please check in again. Glad to hear from you.

Abbie: I too am a very slow loser but you are right....just find what you can stick to and do it. I find this woe to be the easiest because I don't feel deprived and hungry all the time. You can do this.

Well in case I don't see you this afternoon.....have a great day all.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:22 PM   #12  
reaching my goals

Jane, I knew I was missing someone. Congrats on your size 10 as well. I'm so glad you girls are doing so well.

Star, I just checked out your numbers. You're doing so great. What an inspiration you are.
supersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Well so much for a beautiful weekend to end in a rainy dreary Monday.

Jina ~ I am sorry your DH stressed you out so much, can honestly say- that life gets easier but it sucks sometimes. I hope you are feeling better- congrats on the size 10...

Jane ~ Size 10 is awesome! Congrats!

Abbie ~ my weight loss is slow going to. I look like I have lost more than I actually have but everyone I work with is like gosh I wish I had your willpower... Willpower smilpower... as they sit in front of me eating candy and donuts, saying yep I hate her for being so strong... bah.... I hate hearing I just don't know how you do it. Well grrr makes me ill sometimes! But in the long run it will pay off for those who stick to it and that is what I keep telling myself.

Star ~ Sorry about your bruised bumm... Glad you had a good weekend and sorry to hear about your friends husband- living with people over there and being here is really hard. I work with a girl who's brother is one of the missing/kidnapped Brown and Root civilians so it is hard to even know what to say except your and yours are in my prayers.

Well it is ole TOM again.. I swear my last one was just last week... so I am up a bit- I know it is fluid because my rings fit. I am hanging out at around 150 when it isn't TOM I really have got to get motivated and start exercising. I need to make an appointment for a physical and make sure my ticker is ticking properly prior to going back to the gym. I haven't really worked out since starting nursing school but it is starting to look like getting the last 10-15 pounds off is going to take more than just a change in eating habits. I know, I know exercise is good! Well hope everyone is having a good day, sorry if I missed anyone but got to get a short nap before work.
Amyjo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:27 PM   #14  
Head Princess

SUPERSIZED! YOU'RE BACK!!!

happy dance time:

I've missed you sooooooooooooooo much! Never go away again!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:27 PM   #15  
Somethin's gotta give

Good Morning all!

Jane~ Go Jane! Go Jane! Go Jane!

Mrs. H- try vinegar?....my Mom used to use it on my sis to get rid of her redness

Jina~Ya can't live with em...and ya can't accidentally shoot them in the crotch...whats a woman to do? Just remember that Karma is a mighty funny thing....If you ever need to talk...

Genghis~ Consistent loss * sigh* music to my ears...

Supersize~ lol-Ive been doing the same....I have a real vendetta out for weeds these days

Star~You had a weekend like mine! My head still feels a little swimmy today

Well, I fell off this weekend....My b/f is getting a 355 spyder on thanksgiving, so I was stuck at an exotic car show all weekend with his car club- did ok until late friday night then drank WAY too much and spent the next day out in the hot sun with a monster hangover....big party on saturday, really funny thing, we were in a suite and there was a girl ( with writing all over her face...what was up with that?) walking around hugging everyone...it's a big club, so we all assumed she was with someone else- then she started to tell everyone that she had just gotten out of prison, had 7 kids and wanted to get us all drugs! Finally we realize shes just some lunatic who had wandered in off the street! We finally got rid of her ( we thought) and then the b/f and I went out to get some claratin and as we are driving off, she runs up and tries to jump into the back seat! ( the top was down) I guess the hotel finally had to call the police to take her away...so sad.so, by Saturday night I was totally off. Just started again this morning- hope I didnt do too much damage-lol...Everyone have a good day!
Marie
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote