Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2001, 09:19 PM   #1  

Has anyone test-driven the new points calculator? Looks interesting, and I was really tempted to buy it at my meeting yesterday. I resisted, but am thinking about it as a reward for meeting my next goal.

Any reviews? Is it worth $28? I have the blue calculator.

Thanks in advance for the input!

------------------
RosieA
"I receive the best treatment because I accept nothing less." Jane Austen
Old 02-18-2001, 10:33 PM   #2  

Hi Rosie,

It's good if you're in a place where you can't write something down and you want to calculate (I would calculate my daily points on the train in the morning, it's easier to take out the calculator than a pen and a journal). However, there were down sides to it. For me, it kept me from journalling so I am back to the slide ruler and my book. If you can be more disciplined to use it faithfully and not have to see the breakdown (as I do), I guess it is okay! I used mine for about 2 weeks and then went back to manual. I can't find a good use for the calculator. I need to see what I've eaten and where I've used my points.
Old 02-19-2001, 07:18 PM   #3  

Thanks for the feedback, susan!

------------------
RosieA
"I receive the best treatment because I accept nothing less." Jane Austen
Old 02-19-2001, 09:27 PM   #4  
Life Time 2001

I like the new one alot better than the blue one. I dont use it to Journal. But I do use it to calculate points. Find it alot eaiser to use than the slide rule at a grocery store. It does have alot of the same things the blue one does but it does not have the graph. I think it is worth the money.
Old 02-22-2001, 08:37 AM   #5  

Other then Ebay, where could someone get one? There is one on Ebay (the new 2001 pts calculator) and I have a feeling it will go beyond the purchase price of $28. I am doing this at home and not going to meetings. so it makes it a little harder to obtain one.

Cheron

[This message has been edited by Cheron (edited 02-21-2001).]
Old 02-22-2001, 09:10 PM   #6  

You can purchase them at WW meeting centers. You don't have to be a member to purchase items there (at least at mine you don't).
Old 02-23-2001, 12:31 AM   #7  
imaleader

Rosie: Instead of buying one AFTER you get to your next goal, buy one now to HELP YOU GET TO your next goal! A "gift in advance" is a nice touch, and is sometimes more inspiring. Just my 2c.

Old 02-23-2001, 01:21 AM   #8  

Thanks to everyone for the responses!
Closed Thread