Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 09:15 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Smile Trying Tuesday

Sometimes, co-workers are just too much to take. Back in a minute!
Old 03-23-2004, 10:00 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Cool OK, I'm Back.

OK, I hate to sound crabby, but there's one girl here at work who just drives me nuts. We sit in a cluster of four cubicles and she sits in her cubicle and talks all the time. Nonstop. Literally. And of course, nobody will say anything to her or our boss about it. It's enough to drive a person crazy. Now, don't get me wrong, I like her--she's a very nice person, but with her talking, I can't concentrate, which means that I can't get my stuff done, which shows on a report that my boss and boss's boss and boss's boss's boss all see. Of course, Chatty Chatterton doesn't have a report of what she gets done generated to anyone.

OK, sorry about that. I hate to start the day off with whining.

How was everyone's day yesterday? Mine (eating-wise) ended up being wonderful. I set a goal for the day and I stuck to it, yay!! I managed to avoid eating the cookie that I feared, although I did have a couple of small bites of it. When I got home from work, I was starving, so I had half of a 6" turkey sandwich with no cheese or mayo. Yay me! After I post this, I'm going to take a few minutes and make an eating plan for today.

This morning, I was sitting on "the throne" (Belle-in-Cuba) style, when I was just sure I had spotted a spider. Rather than scream and wake Aaron up, I finished my business, went into my bedroom and put on a pair of boots. I went back into the bathroom to handle the beast and it ended up being just a shadow. I am SO paranoid now about spiders and I really wanted to clean my apartment tonight. I'm not sure I'll be able to after Saturday.

So, that's my day. What's everyone else got going on?
Old 03-23-2004, 10:35 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Good morning Jess! I know how it can be about those co-workers. I have one that comes over to chat to me when he's bored (I'm guessing) and I just end up saying "Walter is there something you NEED because I'm very busy...." and then I end up ignoring him and I think he gets the idea.

Sunday we went to go visit my SIL and her family. I have pictures of the new baby and a picture of my hubby who our nephew took to thinking was a coloring book. I attached 3 pics for you all to look at. It was so funny cause Hannah would start wailing as soon as you put her down...she wouldn't sleep unless she was being held. And she LOVED my fleece pull over. My SIL was sitting there saying "Can you come over every Sunday?!" haha. It is harder this time because our nephew is 20 months and she has to watch him at the same time...

Lori
Old 03-23-2004, 12:17 PM   #4  
Proud Canadian

Morning!!

Lori - she's precious. And I like hubby's extra ink. Maybe he'll be a tatoo artist when he grows up.

Jess - I understand the need to vent and I feel for you. No way to anonymously tell her to shut up is there?

Well, I got my roommate's cold. It sucks but at least I have no appetite. I didn't want to come in to work but I have meetings today and tomorrow so I'll just have to take some drugs and get through the day. Our "fabulous new computer system" crashed on me yesterday afternoon and I just about put my foot through the monitor. Instead I went to the front desk and helped answer student's questions. It made me feel better to not have to look at the computer. Seems to be OK so far today. We'll see what happens to it when I actually start using it. Yesterday I also finished my admission requirements for nursing school and sent them off. Once they are received I will get my "official" acceptance (right now it's conditional) I can't wait because it means I can then quit my job and they can start the search for my replacement.

OK - I'll do some work and check back in later. where is everyone lately??

KT
Old 03-23-2004, 07:11 PM   #5  

Hi everyone-a late post! I am here-did ok today but was so tired I skipped my workout, then came home and had three pieces of sliced bread and a LF string cheese oh well! I can still stay on track and eat my normal dinner. WI on thursday-hopefully i'll make it to the gym tomorow....

Mod lori-what a cutie!
Jess and KT-good luck on the goals today!
LoriD
Old 03-23-2004, 10:14 PM   #6  

hi,

I use to post here a while back..on a thread that is now gone.

I trying ww again after having my first baby 8 months ago. Since the birth I tried the no carb, then southbeach....neither ae for me! I got sick while on these freak diets...so, I am going back to what works...and hoping to join up on a thread with people near my age.

thanks
lisa
Old 03-24-2004, 11:28 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

OK, I just have a sec so tell me if I am nuts or not here....

I saw this girl the night before last, we had a good chat, it was nice to catch up and I enjoyed the chat, but we haven't been good friends over the past year because of some comments she made about my neice when she was born and on life support, she said it didnt' matter as much if she died, because she was a baby and it would be worse if it was a person you "knew". I was choked. She was so insensitive - that baby was my family and I dont' care if I didnt' "know" her, that's my sister's baby for the love of god. Plus, she is very negative and has done some crappy stuff, like sending me e-mails that say her BF's sister thinks I am materialistic and she agrees, or that I rub her nose in my job (she hasn't held down a job since university, mostly b/c her attitude sucks, she won't start work before 9am and hates to really work, admittedly). So, when I see her I try not to talk about my job or new house, or what have you. I also dont feel she should be in my wedding party. And if she was a good friend, she'd just accept that i am not having her. But, I did ask her to do a reading at the ceremony, which I thought was a nice way to include her and is an important job too....this is the e-mail I got the next day:

To be perfectly honest, I am a little hurt about alot of things, the way our
friendship has been going for example. For the past year, I have felt we've
been growing so far apart. I feel like sometimes I don't have a place in
your life at all. Every time I ask about arranging a coffee chat, I have to
book one or two months in advance. It feels crazy to me.

I'm still even more hurt that you e-mailed me about your engagement rather
than calling me. I really felt that I dropped down to the bottom of
priorities in your life. I don't deserve to be a maid of honour but it would have been a "honour" to be a
part of your big day. I feel excluded from the biggest day of your life.
While it is nice of you to ask me to speak at your wedding, it really would
have been nice to have felt like I could have played a bigger part in your
wedding somehow.

I've come to realize that friendships dynamics change and although we don't
see or talk to eachother as much, we can always remain friends which is an
important part too. Since you mentioned the hurt thing, I guess it was time
to get this out in the open.

I also realize I shouldn't compare my life to yours because it is wrong and
we all live different paths. Certainly we have different dreams and wants
and goals. I am trying so hard not to do that and it is very hard. I know
I need to follow my heart and do what I think is best for me. That to be
happy, I need to focus and figure out what I can do to up my chances of
getting what I want or need and doing the right things to get there. I
think I'll get there eventually.

As for the friendship, I am not expecting things to go back the way they
used to be and if you change your mind about me being a speaker, I'll
understand. I just couldn't hide my feelings anymore about how I feel and
lie and pretend that everything is okay cuz it isn't. I'm acknowledging my
hurt and eventually I think the pain will subside.

So, I am pretty choked. Firstly, this is melodramatic. Second, this IS the biggest day of my life and I dont' feel that I should be made guilty for not having her in the wedding party.

How should I handle this????

BBL to post properly....

The upset Bride....
Old 03-24-2004, 12:46 PM   #8  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Belle - that is just horrible what she said. she should be happy that you included her in your wedding in any way you choose.
Closed Thread