Old 03-15-2004, 04:01 AM   #1  
The Princess O' Pets

Wink MOnday chat!!!!

Hey there Chickies,

Since it is 12:47 am and I am up I decided to start the chat!!! Hope everyone had an excellent weekend!!

Well why am I up at 12:47 am??????? Let me tell you that LC brownies and lc mint choc chip ice cream tastes good, but I might as well have eaten a box of ex-lax!!!!!! I have been in the bathroom for hours and it doesn't appear to be stopping!!!! YOWZAAAAA! Malitol no good for TG tummy and my tummy grumbling can probably be heard across the USA!!!

I am sick of LC pizza too, I have had a different one the past 3 days and I am taking a rest. I didin't mean to have it 3 days in a row but every person I was with for the past 3 days wanted to try it!! It is good, just not 3 days in a row.

Yesterday DH and I went to Best Buy (home electronics) and we were looking at those portable dvd players, since we are taking the boys on a road trip this summer and will be in the car 2 days each way. We found one of those and then I was talking about how i would like to finally have a TV in our room since we are getting free cable now that I work for Comcast. Well I ended up spending 379.00, we got the portable DVD player for the car and came home with a 27 inch TV. This is quite and upgrade from our 19 inch tv. DH is in heaven and thank dog it fits in our entertainment center. I don't even need my glasses to see the tv across the room!! THank goodness for tax return $.

Well ladies I am going to try to get back to bed!! I hope you all have a great morning and Monday!!! I will check in after work today.

LOve,TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 07:25 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning Everyone,
TG I hope your tummy feels better this morning, You have to watch out for those things they're killers

I dont have much time, I somehow lost my work pants and I now need to tear apart the house looking for them. See what happens when I clean It's a battle that is never won and when I pull ahead of the game I loose my britches. OYE!
Hope everyone has a great day and I'll check in later.
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 07:28 AM   #3  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Good morning to all! Once again, my return button is stuck, so this will be one long, run-on paragraph. TG: I haven't personally tried any LC products, but someone at work told me that when she took off one day a few weeks back it was because her stomach was in such a knot after eating the LC muffin mix! I'll take both of your warnings about intestinal distress to heart! Good news on the TV. Can't imagine life without idiot box at the foot of my bed! To all: Moved river rocks all day yesterday in the back yard, trying my hand at do-it-yourself landscaping. Not finished yet, but got a heck of a good workout and a sunburn on my shoulders to boot! Hubby wasn't much of a help, as he was glued to the TV watching the Maryland game (his old alma mater). No working out for me this a.m., since my shoulders are sore from yesterday and my thighs feel like rubber bands. I'm still sticking to the mini-meal system of eating, and I haven't had any attacks of faintness or fatigue, so I think this is the way to go for me. Two weeks to go before the wedding and my next run in with MIL, so I'm going hunting this week for the most durable, tightly-woven, Lycra undergarment available! Silly that a big portion of my inspiration for losing weight is remembering her nasty comments about my weight gain, but hey.....it's worked!! HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 07:29 AM   #4  
Mom, Queen of Everything

We crossed paths......GOOD MORNING TRAZZIE!!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 07:33 AM   #5  

Morning ladies
Well March break for my kiddies and silly me says hey J lets do your room now.
He picked the brightest green. I just keep saying it is only paint. One coat down after doing all the priming and the ceiling, fixing holes, and stuff so hopefully get another coat on today. HOpefully that covers it as with this one coat it looks like I will need about 3.

I am just finished Tom today and looking for a nice woosh but so far nothing. I was down 2 last week then gained them so hopefully they will fall off tonight again.

Hope everyone with kiddies enjoys the break from getting up and lunches ready but doesn't go crazy with them home all day.
jjcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 08:13 AM   #6  

Yaaaaaaaawn...........Boy I am in slow motion this morning.

I made dinner for dh and my mother yesterday and I was BEAT by the time I was finished. I made Beef & Burgundy. I am not a big fan of it but they both LOVED it. It took me hours. Don't think I will be doing that recipe anytime too soon. I was sound asleep by 9pm! That is really early for me.

Well this girl needs to go shopping....I am wearing my dress slacks today and they are looser than they were last week. I even quickly took in the seem this morning before I left for work and they are still baggy. I just hope the size 10 will fit but I doubt it. I am wearing a sweater set that I got at the Gap last year and it has always been kind of tight....it fits perfect now. I guess I am actually starting to see some movement in my size. A very happy girl!

I need to get some work done today so I will post personally later.

Have a great day.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 08:21 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies,

The boss is here today and very needy, so I'll try to catch up later and read watcha all are posting, sorry but that seems to be my life

Hugs !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 08:41 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Try to have a good day

Jane: Congrats on having to take the pants in again and your clothes fitting better. Even though the scale said I lost weight this weekend I'm sure not noticing it in the way my body looks. Well, not lately anyway (can tell the difference from when I started to now)

JJCJ: We had a day off on Friday. It's back to school for the chicklets today. And of course it's back to work for me. Have fun painting

Spedmom: Wow, you're really ambitious. I don't think I'd be moving rocks and such. I don't think my back could tolerate it. But I do putter around (when it's nicer out that is ) outside. I'm hoping to do some planting this year!!

Trazzie: Sorry to hear about your lost pants. You sure they didn't fall off you somewhere?? This seems to be the place that people's clothes fall off.

TG: Sorry to hear about your "bathroom" problems. I'll have to try and remember that the next time I make the low carb brownies. Were they homemade or out of a package? Just wondering because there's a low-carb brownie recipe online that's pretty tasty (at least I thought so). Maybe would want to try that?

Well, we went grocery shopping yesterday. The strawberries look SOOO tempting. Didn't realise hubby had grabbed some until I went to put everything on the belt to pay for it. I keep telling myself "someday". But I'd settle for having some sunflower seeds--which I sparingly put in my salad last night!!! I had to do something different. We also bought another fish tank and beta fish. I think the other beta's going to die It's my fault. I tried grabbing some of the slime and crud out of the tank w/out removing him. I think it stressed him out too much. Now he's not eating or moving much. Barely going to the surface for much needed air. We bought a new one that way the SUPER duper animal lover (oldest DD) won't cry when we've gotta flush it. I warned her it was going to die. And we've had it 3 years Told her fish are like that--they die easily. Doesn't help, but at least I tried. Hm, not much else happened here. OH!! OH!!!! I haven't stepped on the scale since SATURDAY!! It is SOO weird not doing that!!! I do have the urget to peak though. So maybe I'll give in on Wednesday-halfway through the week. lol

Hope you all have a great day!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 08:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Another Manic Monday...

Jane - yay, pants too big, it definitely is a love hate relationship, the only time is sucks when you're pants are too big is when you're on your way to work. You must be a master seamstress, they would have just ended up in my hamper

jjcj - enjoy the kidlets being home (kinda sorta ) And hope those 2 persky pounds find their way into the drain. Have fun painting )

Paula - All hail the power of the lycra undergarment! That is like 10lbs off right there. Then you MIL can kiss your a** or bounce a quarter off of it if she's so inclined. I have ex-bf coming up on Thursday night so I'm right there with you .

Trazzie - there is definitely something to be said for NOT cleaning the house, case and point right there, hope they turn up

TG - oohhh big TV, it sure does make a difference, who knew that all those famous ppl looked like that! Hope that grumbling tummy quiets down soon, it's keeping up the neighbours

You'd think that when today started off with 2lbs down ( ) that it would be a good day but omg was I b****y this morning. Not a pretty sight but the day has turned around, decided to work out this morning rather than later and it made all the difference, gotta love that seritonin. The 150's are so close I can smell them...mmm smells like chocolate. Have a blessed day everyone.

Tummy
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 08:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey Brenda missed you there

Has anyone heard from Shimma? She's been AWOL for almost a week

Tummy

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 03-15-2004 at 08:49 AM.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 09:27 AM   #11  
Mouth of the South

Theo'sGirl, I discovered Atkins peanut butter cups, chocolate crisps, and other sweet stuff, and I think it was coated in ex-lax too! But, it was worth it! with TOM coming up soon, I needed something sweet, and it did the trick. I had a church function yesterday, and everyone brought food. Not one bit was LC. I had KFC and took all of the skin off of it, and wiped it in a napkin to get the remaining bits of stuff off. All of the chocolate and cakes and other sweets, I didn't even look at! Yeah me! I hope you all have a blessed and happy Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Last edited by Catgirl67; 03-15-2004 at 10:16 AM.
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 10:08 AM   #12  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcj
Morning ladies
Well March break for my kiddies and silly me says hey J lets do your room now.
He picked the brightest green. I just keep saying it is only paint. One coat down after doing all the priming and the ceiling, fixing holes, and stuff so hopefully get another coat on today. HOpefully that covers it as with this one coat it looks like I will need about 3.
LOL! My son did that to me! He chose Ireland's Pride.. the brightest emerald green you can imagine! UGH!!! I am just now starting to not notice it as much.. and it has been 2 years!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 10:18 AM   #13  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Good Morning!!

Well, I got on the scale for the first time in over a month today. between being sick ad waiting for TOM, I just didnt want to do it. Well I was up 5 pounds but I know that has to be water due to TOM! But As I am starting Strict Induction today for 2 weeks I am going to go back to that weight on my stats.

The GOOD news is.. I took my measurements for the first time since December and I am down about 3.25 more inches! As soon as I am done posting, I will be updating all my stats! WOO HOO!

I got up at 4:30 (That is when I weighed in) to go to the Gym at 5 am! I am very proud of myself for doing that as well and got in 4.75 miles for the trek!

I'll get more personal later! I have 2 kids that need to eat breakfast.. but I had to report in!

BTW, I go and get an Atkins Endulge when I am constipated and it works! So i do think there is something to be said about the LC products and tummy issues!
Old 03-15-2004, 10:24 AM   #14  
The Princess O' Pets

Hi gals.
Tummy is settling down, still grumbling but the worst is over. I think it wasn't the brownies it was the choclate chips in the LC mint choc chip ice cream. The brownies were great, we were the test kitchen fo a new type of LC brownie that my sister's friends brother made, he is on Atkins too.They are less than 1 carb per serving (2 inch by 2 inch sq) He is selling them on the internet so far, but they were yummy, tasted just like real brownies. I can never stomach any of the chocolate made with malitol, I thought since I only had a tiny bit of the ice cream I would be fine.

The scale still hasn't budged, I am in the process of keeping strong and waiting for THE BOOM!!! Feel like it is coming caue all my clothes are looser, I wanna get into the 230's that would be great for this boom, since I am right on the edge!

Gotta go clock in have a great day ladies!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 10:35 AM   #15  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Im glad you are feeling better TG!!

Hey.. does anyone know why I cannot get on to FItday? It says the server is down... anyone know if this is temp or if it has been this way for a while?