Old 03-15-2004, 11:24 AM   #16  
Mouth of the South

The Atkins Endulge bars have a warning telling you that malitol has a laxitive effect, but did I listen.... Of course not!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well, it was worth it. I have no idea how much weight I have lost, because I haven't gotten on a scale yet, and I don't intend to for at least 4 weeks. I obsess too much. My jeans are so baggy now, that I look silly! That tells me that I am losing weight! They used to be almost too tight, and now they are seriously too big! That hasn't happend in a loooong time!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:24 AM   #17  
Total Sass Bucket

I'm here, I'm here.... I promise.

Thanks for the concern Tummy. Things have been incredibly hectic and busy for me the past.... 5 days? Maybe 7? I don't know. My bf was on spring break, my class was nearing an end and clinicals were running late every single night. Not to mention I was cramming for the final every spare moment I had so... yeah, I kind of disappeared. I also kinda (ok, not kinda in the slightest... DEFINITELY) was off Atkins for the past week. It was so hard to resist when my bf was making me all my favorite meals so that they were ready by the time I got home from clinicals? How could I resist that? We had such a great week together and he left for school this morning and I miss him terribly already.
Oh well... My class is FINISHED. Work is returning to NORMAL. My apartment will soon be CLEAN (since I have all this spare time now). And going back to ATKINS today. I tell you though, carbs make me feel gassey, bloatey, and generally lazy and uncomfortable. And the bf agrees! So we're going to be good little Atkins angels from now on.

Hello to everyone! I'm noticing everyone's new lower weights!!!!!!!! Congrats to all of you!!! I'm so proud! Hopefully I will be joining you soon now that I have time to work out and have vowed to be good.
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:13 PM   #18  
Head Princess

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!

I have two more days of **** at work, but I'm still back back back! I went on a shopping at Saturday's Market yesterday (it's an open air market with a bunch of locals who make and sell their own stuff) so my 'lunch break' was 6 hours long It felt great!

I'm officially into the 130's and I'm so dang excited! Over the weekend, I actually wore a short skirt for the first time in 10 years. It's silly, but that was so empowering! I feel like I don't have to hide me all the time and that's so great!

TG - I tried that pizza at Winco yesterday and OMG yummy! What a great treat!

In my continued spirit of going on food adventures, I've also tried Skinny Cow LC ice cream sandwiches and Great Harvest LC bread. Both were fabulous, but the bread was really to die for. It's 9 grams per slice, but wonderfully dense and good enough to eat plain. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I also went out for dinner on Friday and got adventurous with that, too. I tried the pan seared (think browned on the outside, almost raw on the inside) ahi tuna with a ginger wasabi sauce and topped with shredded jicima. Yum yum yum! I love this WOE!

DH is doing wonderful on Induction. He's been on for one whole week and he's already lost enough off his waist to require his employer to issue him a new duty belt over the weekend because the old one was too big. Boys!!! No fair that it's that easy for them!

I hope everyone's doing well. I see a lot of new names out there, so !
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:14 PM   #19  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Star! I am so glad you are back! WTG on getting into the 130's! Youare doing so great! How on earth did you get your hubby to do Atkins. I am desparately trying to get my DH to do it!

Shimma - Good to see you girl!! I dont envy you with all you have going on at school. Been there, done that... dont want to go back! LOL!

Catgirl - How long have you been on Atkins?

Just got back from the grocery store! I am all stocked up again! And only Induction friendly foods! I still need to run to Trader Joes for Nitrate Free Bacon!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:40 PM   #20  
Baby Steps

Karen: Don't you love having food you know you can eat in the house? It's when I've got junk food only that I start to wonder when I'm gonna eat again. Congrats on the measurements!!!

Star: Oh I bet you feel so great!!! In the 130's, I'm only dreaming of that!!! I bet you looked great in that short skirts. I bet no pictures again eh?

Shimma: Wondered how you were faring there. Glad things are all straightening out. Sorry to hear about the bf but welcome back to atkins

Catgirl: Congrats on the big clothes!! Wish I could say the same. Mine are actually feeling a little snug. Um, think it's cuz I threw the jeans in the dryer?? I haven't gotten adventurous enough to try new pants on.

TG: glad you're feeling better.

I counted down and noticed TOM is coming around again. Gosh dang it all those weeks sure do fly by fast. But that explains the chocolate urges I've been having. And of course they had thin mints (peppermints) at work. But I was strong (for now) and didn't eat any. I need to bring my own supply of lc chocolates for when the urges hit at work and there's nothing but junk around. Anyone have any suggestions? Um, something that's not gonna land me in the bathroom for the whole day. I imagine with TOM coming I best stock up for the whipped topping. I know there's no way I'll get around the chocolate cravings. I know I could NOT buy the supplies for it--but I also know I want to remain human during TOM
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:42 PM   #21  
Baby Steps

OH!! Forgot to mention/ask.....am I the only one that doesn't have a tv in their bedroom? My kids don't either. Are we deprived??
Old 03-15-2004, 01:47 PM   #22  
The Princess O' Pets

Lady my husband informs me that we have been deprived since we have always only had 1 TV, but noew the one in the bedroom is for me!!!! So I can not watch NIck jr and waatche what i want in pricvacy. I would never get my kids a tv in their room I think I like to see what they are watching...maybe when they are older. But I figured since i will have all the cable channels for free i wanna watch Sex in The City by myself!! LOL

HI STAR!!! I sure did miss you girl! congrats to DH!

Love TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:55 PM   #23  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Brenda- I dont have a tV in my room either. We have DirecTV with a TiVo downstairs in the family room and a old tv that isnt hooked up to cable or sattilite up in the kids play room so that they can watch movies or play an OLD Super Nintendo. but that is it!

BTW.. I just updated my profile with my before and current pictures. I want to take another pic in about 2-3 months
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:15 PM   #24  
Mouth of the South

Karen,

Tomorrow will be two weeks. I called Atkins hotline today and asked how long I could stay on induction, and they said as long as I felt well and didn't get bored. He told me to try to stay on induction until I reach 15 lbs. of my goal weight. That is a long time! Oh well, it will be worth it.
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:25 PM   #25  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, ladies! Good to see everyone back and ALL the new gals! It's hard to keep up with all the posts.

Karen: You're looking great!! Congrats on your progress!!

What is Winco? I've never heard of it. Is it just a NW thing? I'm dying for some LC pizza!!

I still can't find the Skinny Cow bars, either. Wal-Mart is stocked up on all the low-fat Skinny Cow products, but no LC items that I can see yet.

No TV in the bedroom here, either. I don't watch the one in the living room that often, anyway. Except stay out of my way when "The Bachelor/Bachelorette" is on!

It's great to hear all of the success stories. Everyone is definitely shrinking! I'm hoping to shrink some more, too. I've been staying right on plan, although I've eaten a few too many mixed nuts more than once this week. But, overall, eating is right on plan, and I've been getting my exercise in, so I know these last 26.5 pounds will come off eventually. I can't wait!!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:34 PM   #26  
Head Princess

Great pics, Karen! I actually never spoke to DH about starting Atkins. I just was continually ranting about how he eats like crap and if he cares about his wife (ME!!! ) and any potential children we may have, that perhaps he should think about taking care of himself so he could be around for us. That didn't really phase him at all, but when he noticed that he was starting to look pregnant because of his gut, he got good and scared

Brenda - I absolutely refuse to have a TV in my bedroom. I'm a little anti-tv, though. I think most people spend too much time parked in front of glowing screens and not enough time moving. That's a big thing that's being blamed for the amount of obesity in kids.

Also, Brenda - you know the lecture about giving into sweets instead of taking charge and establishing control over your own body so I won't go there again

Jina - I think Winco is a NW thing. And every day I'm grateful for living here. Everything is going low carb! I can go to my grocery deli now and get a LC wrap, or non-breaded chicken, or faux-tatoes. It's wonderful! Ohhhhhhhh and you're so close to your goal! Isn't it exciting?

Planning on a new current picture this weekend. The most current pic I have of me was at 148, so I think we're about due.

Off to get lunch!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:35 PM   #27  
Baby Steps

TG: I've been talking about getting another tv that way if (I should say when) DH watches his sports and hunting junk all the time me and the DD's can go watch someting else.

Karen: WOW!!! You are doing GREAT!!! Keep up the excellent work. The pics are great!

Catgirl: I'm within 16 pounds of my highest goal weight. I'm not sure I want to venture into the next phase. I'm not sure I'm strong willed enough. But that's great info-thanks!!!

Jina: You keep up the good work. Before you know it the weight'll slip right off and you'll be where ya want to be weight wise

*wonders if she should make some lc brownies. The chocolate urge is hitting more*
Old 03-15-2004, 02:37 PM   #28  
Baby Steps

um. Star...I don't have the best willpower to begin with. I know what I SHOULD be doing. I know what I WANT to do. Why can't things be simple? Flip a switch and this TOM would be gone forever?
Old 03-15-2004, 03:05 PM   #29  

Finally have a minute.

Just booked the hotel for our trip to NY. I don't want to go, I don't want to go, I don't want to go........................
Also need to book a hotel for a wedding we have to go to on the Cape in May. Boy, I hate spending money on this kind of stuff. I can think of so many other things to spend that kind of money on.

lady_adnerb: I actually find over the last couple of months that TOM is no big deal for me eating wise. It was at first but since I have really gotten off the carbs (and I mean OFF) I don't crave them like I used to and especially at TOM. I'm still as cranky as I used to be but at least I am not eating like a mad woman

We have a tv in the bedroom....my husband is a big news watcher so some nights I will go up stairs and just relax on the bed and watch what I want to watch. I also have one in my sewing/craft room that my husband got me for Christmas. I love that one....now I can watch it while I work on a project.

StarPrincess: Glad you are back...you keep this place hoppin. Congrats on the 130's I WISH! Please post new pictures. Men do seem to lose easier and faster than we do...not fair. My husband is so skinny but if he is up a couple of pounds he just has to eat a salad for a couple of days and poof it is gone. ggggrrrrrrr

jdoggmartin: I'd be lost without my nuts! I found the Planters Sunflower seeds that are only 1 gram for an ounce.....with sunflower seeds an ounce lasts forever. Unless you inhale them, which I have been known to do. But I don't think the nuts have ever slowed me down. It is the only salty snack I can have.

Catgirl67: I have been on induction (no more than 20 grams per day) since I started in September. The only thing different is I added the nuts and some low carb stuff once in a while but I still stay at no more than 20 grams. I am a very slow loser so I am going to stay this way until I lose the last 13 pounds.

KarenW: Love the new picture. For those of you that haven't been around in a bit I posted a face shot of me in my profile. I will post some skinny pictures this summer...I hope! Don't you just love Trader Joe's! 5 AM!!!!! Yikes. I can barely get out of bed at 6. Good for you for getting in that exercise though. I do mine at night when I am awake and won't fall over while doing it.

Theo'sgirl: Have fun with the new TV. Watch all the girlie shows you want! Well not girlie shows....you know what I mean. Glad your stomach is feeling better.

Shimma: Welcome back. Just hop back on. You will do fine. Sorry your bf had to go back to school but glad you had a nice vacation with him.

Hope I didn't forget anyone.......off to have my afternoon snack. Dannon low carb yogurt. Chicken for dinner tonight. I am going to turn into a chicken if I don't find something else to eat!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:35 PM   #30  

Height: 5' 6"

Well the good news, I managed to find my pants and get to work on time Now I seem to be having a problem keeping my pants up! Really annoying in a way since I only just bought them a month ago and I don't want to waste the money on work clothes .. hehe maybe some sespenders are in order.

Star - Great to have you back and GRATZ on the loss! Must be a great feeling! I am aiming for 150 but I'm almost positive now that once I reach it I'll have to keep going.

Brenda - ZCarb bars got me through my TOM. I found them at Walgreens since we dont have a 7-11 anywhere close. No side effects either and delish!

Shimma - Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your b/f. Good things never last long enough huh? Happy to hear some of the stress is taken off your shoulders.

Theo - TV in my bedroom is great.. always a place to push DH when he's getting under my skin You wouldn't happen to have that site address? I would love to have a good tasting LC Brownie! MMMmmmm...

Sped - What a workout eh? I would love to try some do-it-yourself landscaping but first I need the land to scape. Sorry to hear your sore but just think of all those muscles you built up!

Jjcj - Well the green could have been worse (i think) I love painting but I always get so frustrated on the rooms without molding because I can never get the wall and the ceiling without getting the paint on one or the other (if that made sense)

Jane - Your shrinking! Gratz! Try not to let this trip bother you so much, enjoy the hotel and all of it's benefits.. especially if it has a hot tub. See if you can find a little something to look forward too

Leenie little busy bee

Tummy - If 150's smell like chocolate imagine how good the 140's will taste!

Karen - Way To Go on the inches gone! I'm sure that 5lb's wont stick around long.. your looking great!

Jdogg - I found the skinny cow bars at a local Piggly Wiggly grocery store.. which is amazing since this little rinky dink store has about 3 isles and most of them are bread Hope you can get your hands on some.. they are fabo!

I'm still debating on if I am going to do a workout today or not.. I give you all credit to the one's who can get up at the crack of dawn and hit the gym. Maybe tonight I'll hope on the Gazelle for a few miles. I'm just not in the bouncing mood today Hope you all have a nice Monday night
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote