Weight Loss Support - Dieting in West Virginia

View Full Version : Dieting in West Virginia

sunnyday
02-28-2004, 08:49 PM
Dieting in West Virginia

Hello! :)

I am hoping to find others who are from West Virginia or some connection to the Mountain State.

I hope we can support each other on our journey no matter what kind diet you are using. :goodvibes:

I will look forward to hearing from others dieting and getting healthy here in West Viginia!

Sunnyday

stillsmiling
02-28-2004, 11:19 PM
Hi! I live in the north central region of west virginia! i've been trying to diet for ever it seems and in the last two years have put on weight and now i'm at my heaviest. however i've started going to curves and trying to follow ww without going to meetings ( i have all the info and books from when i went to meetings before). i have a lot of trouble journaling, but i love going to curves!

Marie :-)

miss_elisha
02-28-2004, 11:36 PM
I, too, am in the north-central region of WV. I'd love to have a diet buddy, online or otherwise, to hold me accountable! This website has been great for me so far, but it never hurts to have even more support!
~Elisha

sunnyday
02-29-2004, 04:57 PM
Wow

What can I say? :lol: Iam thrilled to have dieting buddies here in West Virginia!

:goodvibes:

I grew up in the North centeral part of the state. Close to Clarksburg. I now live close to Huntington.

I am full of questions!

I have come to this web site for a couple of years off and on. Since I did a diet profile on line and found out I was (that is WAS) considered obease.

I have lost about 30 pounds since last October. I started on a Sunday. I am still carrying the church bulletin in my purse as a reminder/good luck sort of thing.

I have found the chat room here at 3 fat chicks to be really helpful. I feel better about talking about my weight problems there rather than in front of people some of whom I know at a ww meeting.

The ww program is really good. Low fat and I liked their advice about exercise. So I am with you Stillsmiling....I am doing the program sort of without the meetings or paying.

What is your goal Stillsmiling? Mine is 170 Although I should have the same goal as Miss Elisha.

Hope to hear from you again!

By the way....Wasn't the weather great Sunday!

I think French Creek Freddie was wrong.

Sunny!

Trixi
03-01-2004, 07:52 PM
All I have to say if you all are as nice as Sunnyday then I will definately have to visit West Virgina one day.

I hope you all give each other the local support you need!!!

sunnyday
03-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Oh Trixi!

We are nice in West Virginia....it is "almost heaven" lol
We do have lots to do here. Mountain biking and hiking trails/skiing and snow tubing
We have 4 and 5 star resorts, and lots of county fairs and festivals. Where you can get a pickle on a stick.

Sunny

sunnyday
03-02-2004, 04:21 PM
Hello:

Today is sunny and a great spring day. We are home for a quick bite of dinner. I am making stir fry peppers/onions and beef with noodles.

Work was crazy today. You would think it was a full moon!

stillsmiling
03-03-2004, 04:49 PM
Hey!
:-)
I live in Morgantown. it has been really nice here lately, but now were are going to be getting rain. better than snow! my goal is to lose down to about 125 to 130 pounds. i'm only 5'3 and 201 pounds now. i think that will be a nice weight for me. my sister weighs about that and is only slightly taller than i am and she has a nice figure, not too skinny. its also were i need to be to be in a healthy BMI range and to lower my cholesterol. i've been going t curves at least 3 times a week, i just need to get my eating under control, eat healthier. its so hard though. but i am determined to do it!!
hope to talk to all of you soon!
Marie

sunnyday
03-03-2004, 05:09 PM
Hi Still Smiling:

I graduated from WVU. As a matter of fact we were up there in the snow for the last WVU home football game. Cold...but still fun.

I want to lose down to 160 or even 170 I am about 178. But ww says I should weigh
about 150. I am so happy that my clothes fit pretty good.

I have been walking. Did I mention that my son my son is raising lambs for the county fair? We live out in the country on about 7 acres. The lambs have to be walked. It is not something you can skip like riding the exercise bike. We started about a year ago with one lamb. We walked it almost everyday. But I did not diet. Then last fall I started dieting...I think the exercise is the key. I think I speeded up my matoblism first then started dieting.

Right now I need to go feed and walk the sheep. We sold the market lamb. But we kept the one becuse that project is called a purebred sheep project. ... Althought she never was bred last fall. Opps.

I had a good day at work. I think I will take a nap before I go out to feed.
It is raining here too.

sunnyday
03-04-2004, 07:28 PM
What a day! But one day closer to the weekend.

We have had such spring weather! But the kids act accordingly. They all act as if school is over!. I just want to say hey get back to work.

Dieting was OK today. Definitly seem to be staying OP. But do not seem to be losing. I am hoping if I keep up with the exercise that at some point I will begin to lose again. hummm

Just think....if I can stay on program....anyone can.

Sunny (even in the rain)

sunnyday
03-05-2004, 05:05 PM
TGIF

The weather is great. Very windy. I tend to eat more on Friday's but I have not fell off the wagon yet.

It is only 5:00 and already I have been outside walking and swept the kitchen. Now I need to go find something to make for dinner. Something low fat I hope.

I am looking forward to the weekend eventhough dieting is harder when I am not at work.

sunnyday

sunnyday
03-06-2004, 07:31 PM
Today was a day of shopping. But managed to get in a good walk when I got home. Unfortunately it was also a day of eating out.
I feel like a stuffed toad.

Sunny

sunnyday
03-07-2004, 07:49 PM
Windy and getting colder here in WestVirginia

I got my walk in today. I over ate but that seems to be par for the course for the weekend. Looking forward to going to work tomorrow so I can be back on program.

Hope you all have a great week.
I am going to continue to post here to keep the thread active. West Virginia and Appalachia has such a problem with being overweight perhaps I can be of some small help to some one.

sunnyday
03-08-2004, 08:41 PM
Today was an eat all day day.

I feel like I ate too much. But I think that I was not too far off my diet.

stillsmiling
03-08-2004, 10:15 PM
Hi!
I think its great to keep chatting. WV does have a weight problem, not much different from the rest of the us though. its been cold and snowy here too, i thought that we were done with this weather!
i havent been doing too bad on my diet, but i could be doing better! a lot has been going on and has been hectic so eating what you can grab tends to be the way it goes.
talk to ya soon,
Marie

sunnyday
03-09-2004, 04:10 PM
Glad to hear from you.

I feel like perhaps it will be helpful for people who recognize that not only WV but all of Appalachia can be grouped under the "overweight" umbrella

sunnyday
03-11-2004, 07:29 PM
Hello!

I feel really good tonight. I was sticking to the old diet both yesterday and today. I got exercise both days.

Work is alway stressful. But I feel less and less of "treating" myself with food.
That is a big improvement.

I have lots of house work to do and I am planning a weekend of cleaning. I hope to have the hubby and son out of the house so I can get to some serious cleaning with out the boys under foot.

Sunny

debbiejarrell
03-11-2004, 08:21 PM
Hey sunnyday,

I'm from West Virginia.

sunnyday
03-12-2004, 04:51 PM
Hi Debbiejarel!

Welcome to my thread. lol I just keep pluggling along incase reading a note from a fellow West Virginian might make a difference.

I have been to Ravenswood many times. We live close to Milton. We love to go shopping at Transallegheny Books in Parkersburg. We love to drive up Route 2 and go to Parkersburg through Ravenswood. We even stopped one time and watched a parade. We could tell that it was time for a parade to start. So we just parked and watched. I can't even remember what kind o a parade it was! Seems like it wasin the fall, because my husband thought it might be a high school homecoming parade. I do remember it was not a homecoming parade. But it was a good parade...

Stay well and check in once and awhile if you can....atleast you know you are not alone on the diet wagon here in West Virginia!

Sunny ...........(like the weather today!)

lgpars
03-13-2004, 12:22 AM
Just wanted to say hi to a bunch of West Virginians. I lived in Huntington most of my life until I graduated. Was born in McConnell, WV, near Logan. Haven't been back there much but I still love WV. Hey, that's where my roots are. I am now almost 62 years old but will not forget West Virginia. I now live in Smyrna, GA, a suburb of Atlanta and love it here.

sunnyday
03-15-2004, 03:57 PM
Welcome Igpars! Once a West Virginian always a West Virginian??

I agree, West Virginia is not at all a bad place to grow up. Glad you dropped in to say hello.

I don't know why I am drawn to post here. I have always heard things like people in West Virginia and Appalachia has more of a weight problem than anywhere else in America. I sure do not have the answers, but I will give you a cheer for every pound you lose! Maybe together all of us Mountaineers can drop the extra pounds.

I hope more people drop in.

Today, I was determined to stay on program. (I like that phrase better than diet) I felt driven I even left a piece of hard candy on my desk at work. I opened it and then knew no I did not need it, I needed to stay the course. Feeling pretty good right now. Hope I don't go eat a loaf of bread and half a fried hog. But I will fess up if I fall off the wagon! I will try to resist all the desserts tonight.

Thought for today: Desserts is Stressed spelled backwards. Humm

:lol:

sunnyday
03-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Tuesday!

Scales say less three pounds! Yeah. That would make 33 pounds. Couple more and I can say 35.

I walked the sheep this evening. I did stretching exercises this morning. I felt so good today.

I hope a pound or two will come off yet this week.

Sunny

sunnyday
03-19-2004, 05:13 PM
Gee I can't believe it has been since Tuesday that I last posted.

Wednesday thru today jut went by in a blur. I am staying on program. I don't even get as hungary as I used to.

I am going to try to exercise this weekend. We are putting our exercise bike together and I hope to have it completed to day.

I think that I can read and ride for better exercise. I think that will speed up my matabolism. I hope to lose some more. I would like to get somewhere close to what ww says I should weigh.

Sunny

sunnyday
03-22-2004, 09:02 PM
Monday

Again I was sort of glad for the weekend to be over. I can diet better at work. How strange.

The exercise bike has been put together and I really enjoy riding it. It is quite and moves smoothly.

I rode for 40 min. tonight. I was talking on the phone. I didn't break a sweat but I was moving. Some movement is probably better than nothing. Then I did dishes, swept the kitchen and folded two loads of clothes.

I hope anyone who reads this has a good week.

Cold and just a little snowy here for the beginning of Spring.

Sunny

miss_elisha
03-22-2004, 09:08 PM
I do better at work too. I think it's because I have to be more scheduled with my day, and I can't lounge around and eat whenever I feel like it, and I have to have my exercise completed by such and such a time. I've never really been a big fan of structure, but a little goes a long way.

sunnyday
03-23-2004, 09:13 PM
Hey! How good to hear from someone!

I am feeling sort of low. I did soooo good all day and I came home from 4-H with a hungry kid....and a skinny one at that. Well, he had to eat and so did I. At 8:25. Dah! That is too late to eat.

But tomorrow I will aim at doing better!

Glad to know someone likes structure. Take care and I will pop back to say hello tomorrow!

Sunny.........(also aiming at healthy, and happy not skinny)
BUT if I could win the lottery and be skinny..........now that's the dream. :lol:

sunnyday
03-24-2004, 04:11 PM
My message for the day.

Keep trying. Keep the goal in mind.

Remember the words of the unsinkable Molly Brown....."No body wants me down as much as I want me up" If you don't find support in your goal....find support within yourself.

sunnyday
03-25-2004, 07:39 PM
Thursday:

Had a really good workout yesterday. I am pruning small trees in the yard and pulling weeds and making a big pile of limbs to be hauled away. I could feel the burn. LOL

Today, not as good a work out. I just fed the sheep. But I went grocery shopping and carried in all the food. I feel somewhat like I worked out.......

Sunny

miss_elisha
03-25-2004, 10:45 PM
"If what you seek you find not within, you will never find it without."
I realized a few weeks ago that I have all the answers to the weight loss equation--I just have to listen to my body. Try it, it really works. I just have to learn to drown out that little nagging voice in my head and let my body do what it knows to do. Our bodies WANT to be healthy, and they know how to do it. We just have to let them.
~Elisha

sunnyday
03-29-2004, 06:02 PM
Good Monday:

Hope anyone who reads this is enjoying the spring weather. I had a pretty good day today. Kept to my diet so far. I need to clean house. Just get up and start moving. Right now I am so tired. But I have a feeling that I will feel better if I get up and start moving!

Good luck with your diets!
Sunny

sunnyday
03-30-2004, 04:33 PM
Hello!

I finally got up the nerve to get on the scales. It used to be that getting on the scales was my major exercise. (there is that small stepp up) But lately I have not been as tied to the scales.

I am down to 176 or maybe 177. That would be another pound or two. Yeah!
:cheer:

Hope you all are being successful!

Sunny

sunnyday
04-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Well still working toward my goal.

I ate breakfast this morning, but I rode the exercise bike 2 miles. I also walked about a mile out side. I am rather happy with my progress!

Hope anyone reading this is doing well too!

sunnyday
04-05-2004, 09:24 PM
Hello and Happy Monday!

I am still plugging along on my diet. I still have not seemed to lost any big amount of weight........but I have not gained any back.

My clothes seem really big. To the point of thinking gee I can't wear that it it too large. Sure beats the feeling of thinking gee I can't wear that it is too small.

Hope everyone who reads this has a great day and a great week getting healthy and small!

miss_elisha
04-05-2004, 11:11 PM
I'm still plugging along too, but I'm thinking of redoing my diet. Cutting back is working so far, but I don't think it's going to get me to where I want to be.
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I'm still out here reading. :)
~Elisha