Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #56

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #56

gma22
02-26-2004, 06:14 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #56

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

gma22
02-26-2004, 06:21 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so make sure you do something nice for you, manicure, pedicure, bath, a book for an hour, facial, whatever!

WRAP UP POINTS!

Susan :bravo:
SandyG :bravo:

YEAH FOR SUSAN! LET'S GIVE HER A GREAT BIG CHEER: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Well girlies, we decided to leave early so I won't be posting today. I will catch up points tomorrow as Jack is taking his laptop and our friends have a computer also! Say a little prayer for safe travel.

***Please pray for Pam. She and Jane are going through a tough situation together with a family member that is going to possibly rip the family apart.**

Faye ;)

OFF TO THE LAND OF THE HOOSIER, GREAT COLLEGE BASKETBALL AND THE CHILDHOOD HOME OF YOURS TRULY! (Yes, Julie, years and years ago I WAS a child...... :p )

Mirabelly
02-26-2004, 07:51 AM
Good morning lovelies!

WOO HOO FOR SUE (san) :cheer: :cheer:
WOO HOO FOR AMANDA :cheer: :cheer:

You gals rock!

I managed 3 points yesterday......water is my bane these days. I just can't seem to get back up to the level I was drinking before vacation.

Faye, have a great time on your vacation! I know you're gonna knock their socks off.......Maybe Jack is going shopping for some sexy underwear too :lol:

Everyone have a super day!
Julie

Satine
02-26-2004, 08:09 AM
Morning ...

Faye - Have a great time in Indiana, you will be in my neck of the woods huh?
Enjoy

Amanda - Good job on the loss ... I have been doing WW faithfully since
Jan 6 of this year, and I have lost 20 pounds in about a month and half ... but I NEVER cheat and I NEVER go over my points ... I can have 24-29 per day and I usually do not go over 27 pts .... how many points can you have?
How often do you go over? Let me know if you need any help with the program, you can even pm me.... good luck!!!
I will keep Mary in my prayers

Susan - great on the 4 points!!!!

Hope you all have a great OP day ....

gigglez
02-26-2004, 09:05 AM
Morning
Faye enjoy your trip and be safe. Cari are you doing the flex points or the winning points? I did the winning points I like it cause you could bank points. So far this morning I managed to get in a samll workout this morning. Went small as not to push myself too much. Gotta run goning to kick back and read before I go to work.

sandy

Satine
02-26-2004, 09:48 AM
Sandy - I do the winning points program... I do not think that I would like the flex points program, I might take advantage of that alot, and misuse the points, plus I dont want to take away any of my daily points, I need them too badly, ha :lol:

Sandybrat
02-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Morning Beautifuls!!!! 4 again yesterday!! Yes Julie i will let u know what i think of the tape... i am anxious to get it and get started...lol Amanda , I willsay a prayer for you and nigel and for mary... i hope all turns out well. Faye i hope u have a wonderful vacation... Y does today seem like friday to me...lol wish it was! hahahaha anyway...i am doing my laundry... fun and exciting stuff here...lol but it needs to be done. I will do my workout after ds is done watching his movie... i feel so good... its a great feeling to want to do a workout... and i know my body will thank me for it ...lol Pam... u r in my prayers as well... i hope that whatever it is can be resolved without too much pain for anyone. Just remember to stay strong and true to yourself. I love u all... rmemeber to take care of yourselves....

Sandy

Scuzin
02-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Good morning
Thank you all so much for the cheers, it was a wonderful thing to wake up to :) I have another 4 pointer planned for today.
Faye - have a wonderful time!
Pam and everyone else are in my thoughts and prayers

gma22
02-27-2004, 05:28 AM
FRIDAY: Today is fabulous lbs down Friday. How are you doing?

POINTS FOR YESTERDAY:

Julie: :cp:
SandyB :bravo:

Got in late last night and was totally bushed. sounds like you guys are doing fine. Keep up the good work!

Faye :)

Mirabelly
02-27-2004, 07:58 AM
Good morning ladies!

How is everybody doing this morning? We've had beautiful sunshine and above-freezing temps all week......it feels like it could almost be thinking about spring, but not quite. Still gotta get past "March hill" as the old timers up here call it. Once April hits, then we're allowed to start thinking the S word.

I got 3 points again yesterday. Went snowshoeing for the first time, that was fun! And way more work than just plain walking. Still low on the water. Think I'm gonna splurge on a new scale this weekend.

I watched Buff Brides last night cuz nothing else was on. I think I'm not working nearly hard enough on my exercise! Those gals were huffing and puffing......I'm doing good just to work up a light sweat.

Well, I'll chat more when others check in.

Later,
Julie

Satine
02-27-2004, 08:36 AM
Morning All ...

How is everyone doing? Good I hope... :)

Faye - Glad to hear that you made it to Indiana safely, have fun.... :wave:

Julie - We have also been having great weather down here, it is supposed to get up to 58 degrees on Saturday, I will be putting on shorts, ha :lol:
Great job with getting back OP!! :strong:

Well I have a 1.5-2ish pound loss this week as you can see by my signature below, so exciting!!! Good luck to the rest of you, talk to you later ....
If I dont check back in have a great weekend!!! :flow2:

gigglez
02-27-2004, 09:15 AM
Morning everyone!

Faye, glad that you made it alright. Hope that you have a wonderful time! Eating sucked yesterday. But I did exercise and drink water so I got something right. Pam and Mary as well eveyone here is in my prayers. Gotta run lots errands to do today. Hope that everyone has a wonderful day.

sandy

Sandybrat
02-27-2004, 09:53 AM
HELLO BEAUTIFULS!!!!! All 4 again yesterday... i really like the energy i have these days... i have some errands to run as well but i need to do my workout first, then i can go and bum. I have to be at the school because ds is in a program... so it will be fun to go and see him perform. Hope everyone is h appy and healthy... i will check back in later... lvoe u all and take care of U
Sandy

Scuzin
02-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Good Morning!
4 points for yesterday! Ths is great.
I didn't lose anything...but I'm happy none the less. I ate terribly this week before wednesday, so staying the same is a good thing. Can't wait till next week!
I'm going home this weekend for the 1st time since January 5th. Its always weird going home after such a long time. But, there is a book I need and its only in available in Portland.
Have a good day!

gma22
02-27-2004, 04:59 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS:

julie :cp:
sandyg :dancer:
sandyb :bravo:
susan :bravo:

am having a great time ! hope everyone is having a good day! i got huge compliments on my weight loss. my one former MALE boss told me i looked fabulous and got a hug and kiss from him!

gotta goo

faye ;)

gma22
02-28-2004, 07:02 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Do you have any thoughts to share with us?

later girls!

Scuzin
02-28-2004, 04:31 PM
Happy Saturday
I get 4 points for yesterday
I know that I will only get about 1 point today because I am at my parents house for the weekend and there has been, and will be, going out to eat. I will definately get my water in though.

gma22
02-28-2004, 11:09 PM
Susan: :bravo: for points

the shower was terrific!

later

faye :)

gma22
02-29-2004, 07:48 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and here is this week's poll:

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A teacher.

Faye ;)

Scuzin
02-29-2004, 01:16 PM
Well Faye it looks like its just you and me for now!
Like I said I only got 1 point yesterday. I was hoping for a 4 pointer today but I don't think its going to turn out that way. The one heathy thing in this house ran out so I'm stuck untill this aternoon. But I WILL be going to the gym so I should get at least 2 points in.

Poll: I wanted to be all kinds of things...including an Archeologist, scuba diver, or Mad scientist :lol:

Amanda Panda
02-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Hi all - just popping in really quick.

My diet has gone to pot this week - a combination of PMS, poor sleep, worry and travel! I'm not beating myself up about it though - I'll get back on track and back down the gym, I miss it actually!

I went to the hospital to visit Nigel's mum - it was really nice to meet her, and we got on well. She is very ill - liver damage and malnutrition - but has been getting stronger each day which is good. Thank you all for your prayers - i believe they have made a difference.

Take care all!

love Amanda xxx

gma22
02-29-2004, 07:08 PM
Susan: you get :flow2: FOR POINTS.

NO TOPIC TOMORROW AS I WILL BE ON THE ROAD HOME! SEE YOU TUESDAY!

fAYE :)

Trouble_in_China
02-29-2004, 07:54 PM
*blink*
Umm... I somehow missed that the topic was updating. Wonder what happened to my email notification? Sorry bout that.

I'm still here, but unless I buy more water today (or get Lily to remember that I need some), I'm gonna be only 1 point for working out. Must... get... water...

gigglez
02-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Evening everyone!

Not been on much working way too much lately. As for the poll I wanted to do hair. Why I have no idea but that is all that I wanted to do for a long time. But on the flip side I also couldn't wait til I turned 16(to drive), 18(to vote), 21(to drink), and 25(so that the ins would go down. Now all that I wish for is to be younger! Life is funny that way.

Amanda, glad to hear that Nigel's mother is getting stronger. Yes I agree prayer does help. I have seen it help many people.

Ok as for the points water only........too busy working to get in eating.......although I should count work for exercise. I have something that I just have to share with everyone. This is one BIG OMG!!!!!!!!! I got into a pair of size 14 button fky and they looked pretty dag gone good. Shocked me to bits and peices. Just thought that I would pass that along. I should be getting my home gym on Tues night. Yeah for me..

Gotta run almost time for sleep.

sandy

Scuzin
03-01-2004, 01:29 AM
Hello All
My ride home came much later than expected so I didn't get to go to the gym today :( as well as eating terribly....BUT it was the weekend and its forgiveable as long as I'm "good" durring the week. Which of course I will be. So I just get water points today.
My brother came over today and I was stunned to see that he has lost what appears to be many pounds! He's getting quite trim again. I'm happy for him. Now *I* just need to be getting trim!
Congrats Sandy!!!! Thats such a great feeling to know you fit into something smaller :)

gigglez
03-01-2004, 05:51 AM
Morning chickies!

Just wanted to check in before my day of rushing starts. After work I have to get the spare bedroom ready for the gym that is suppose to arrive tormorrow, take Corey to a special event that the library is having tonight, take Richard to the grocery(after I have been at work all day in one), and somehow find time to cook dinner and clean some. OK, this is going to count as my exercise for the day.

Susan, I am happy for your brother. My brother looks at me funny now that I have managed to keep my weight steady after I lost from the 230 to the 180 range.

Gotta run time for work.

sandy

zookeeper16
03-01-2004, 08:42 AM
Hey All! I know I've been MIA for a couple weeks, and unfortunately, I will continue to be for a bit. I just wanted to pop in and say hi and bid a temporary farewell. Once my life gets straightened back out, I hope to join you all again. Til then, good luck with all your lives and adventures!

Satine
03-01-2004, 08:53 AM
Morning All -
Well I cannot say that I had an OP weekend ... :(
but oh well ... I was OP on Saturday but then Sunday I cracked and had pizza and breadsticks for dinner, but I say big deal...I have lost 21 pounds since 1/6/04 so I can cheat once in a while....we're human right? :lol:

I didnt get any sleep last night, I had major heartburn from the pizza, I rarely eat it - but everytime I do heartburn...and of course we were all out of antacid...

My scales must be crap! Just from eating that pizza last night it showed me up a pound and a half this morning - could that be possible? Unless it was still sitting in my stomach for digestion, that is alot of dough, :lol:
I dont know if that is the case I might as well just give it up, if I can gain that much from one stinkin' dinner....ugh!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda - Glad to hear Nigels mom is doing better

Hi Lisa ! :cool:

Talk to ya all later...

Mirabelly
03-01-2004, 09:01 AM
Good morning ladies!

Well, I had a pretty crappy weekend food and exercise-wise. Basically a big huge goose-egg for points. I decided to make ds's birthday cake. what a mistake! I saved some money, and he had fun helping me, but I ate waaayyy more than I would have if we just bought one at the grocery store. I can contain myself to one small piece with those. BUt I'm a bowl licker, and a beater licker, and a frosting can licker.........you get the idea. :lol:

On the bright side, I'm starting to do the Body for Life program today. It's focus is on weights. I've been lifting half-heartedly for a while, but I don't have time to do any major planning. So I decided to just pick a program I can follow for a few months without any serious thought. The next 3 or 4 months are sooooo busy for me, I hope that having workouts and food already planned for me will make life that much easier.

Faye, I'm glad you are having a good trip! I'm sure you got loads of attention, and you deserve it!!

Sandy, WOO HOO for the 14s!!!! I'm currently in *a* pair of 14s, and the rest of my clothes are 16s. Can't wait until I'm in a solid 14, and 12, and 10. Never been lower than that since like 3rd grade! I think it's great your treating yourself to a home gym. I have one and it is so much easier to find the time to workout when you don't have to factor in babysitting and travel time. Plus the weather here in Maine is so freaky, you can't ever really count on going anywhere at any given time.

Lisa, we'll miss you! Hurry back soon.

Susan and Amanda, it's a new week.......Let's all make it a good one!

Everyone else, stay strong and healthy!
Talk to you later,
JUlie

Mirabelly
03-01-2004, 09:04 AM
Carrie, we were posting at the same time so I didn't see your message. Just to let you know, your weight fluctuates up to 6 POUNDS :eek: everyday! So don't worry about that 1.5 pounds. You did NOT eat 5000 calories in pizza!! If you weigh yourself later on today, I'll be you'll be back where you were.

Later,
Julie

Satine
03-01-2004, 10:06 AM
Julie - thanks Girl, I thought I could not gain that much - but hey I did eat alot of pizza, I meat ALOT....I totally :ink: 'd out last night, but oh it was worth it, I will just have to walk tonight, longer than normal :dance:

jloo1957
03-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Good morning everyone...it is good to see all is doing well ;) :dizzy: :lol: I am on a 31 day mission...I am calling it Marches Mission....we areheaded to the Mountains April 2nd, and I have a goal of getting into these wonderful black jeans that I bought...I can get them up ,but buttoning them is another story,and I would so love to be able to wear ,they are a size smaller ,and amazingly I can force them to button,but my mission is to button them comfortably by the time we go...so ladies I am asking for your help,no,I am begging for your help and support...I am all set this morning..I also went friday and bought myself a Gazelle...I am now "armored" with a home gym,a gazelle,workout tapes,a stepper,a gym membership{which I will go maybe 2x aweek because we live about 35 miles away]and my frame of mind is in the right place...so I am asking for your support,even email me if you will{jloo1957@aol.com]...I am going to do this,I have made it my March madness Mission,and april will be another story....I also have my journal ready,and as part of my support I promise to post often here,cause I know yall are some terrific ladies,and will help me and I in turn will do all I can to help each and everyone of you :) my goal for this month are my black jeans as well better health....April's is gonna be something short and sexy :lol: :lol: :lol: one good thing I have is my very supportative hubby...he has walked all week with me at the mall...one of my favorite places to walk,but even the mall is quite a distance,but i love going to the gym,so i am going to go at least 2x a week...also I will post much more often...for the added support of al of you...well here goes ,will post later as my day progresse's ....till later....Joy :) :) :) :) :dancer:

jloo1957
03-01-2004, 01:58 PM
:strong: :strong: :strong: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :jig: :jig: :jig: WOO-HOOOOOO!!!!!...17 MINUTES ON THE GAZELLE....WILL DO MORE LATER....JOY

Scuzin
03-01-2004, 03:36 PM
Go Joy!!!! :cheer:
Julie: The weekend is past and gone. I was "bad" too. VERY bad. But we still have tome to make up for it and work on not doing it again.
I just got back from the gym :tread: !!! and am feeling pretty darn good, especially compared with this morning.
Saturday night I remembered a goal I had almost totally forgotten about. The brand new little black dress I found in my sister's old closet, left to rot with the tags still on it. Its very simple and cute and a size 10, I had intended to wear it this Christmas and darn it I WILL WEAR IT THIS CHRISTMAS.

jloo1957
03-01-2004, 06:59 PM
:D this has been a great day...just got through taking a walk with my 8 year old son Dakota..so that's 17 minutes on the gazelle and a good long walk...my water all gone and my food has been on program :) :) :) black jeans here I come :lol: :lol: :cool: till later ladies...and Faye,I am glad you have had a wonderful time...all the compliments must feel really great...you have really worked hard for them and well deserve them...will check in later....got to get the kids settled for the night .....Joy

gma22
03-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Hello my sweets! I am home, I am pooped, I have a bazillion loads of laundry, but here I am posting my little heart out to my girls!

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

SandyG :flow2:
Susan :flow2:

Carri: Don't forget, pizza has a LOT LOT LOT of sodium in a variety of different stuff, like the cheese, the meat, the dough, the sauce, so it make just be water retention too, but Julie is correct our weight fluctuates hugely so concentrate on the inches not so much on lbs!!!

SandyG : WOOHOO on the jeans! :hat: :cb:

Julie: hang in there and it will turn the corner again!

Lisa: We will miss you but know we are here for you and please e-mail me if you need an ear, ok?

Joy: You are gonna do it and just to help you out:

MONDAY: Today is mission Monday and this MONTH'S MISSION: We are going to work hard on our own program and encourage Joy in hers to help her gain her goal!!! Let's all give ourselves a goal for March and then strive to acheive it! What is your March goal?

My goal for March is to do my treadmill work EVERYDAY and work hard to get 4 pts every day this month and accomplish my weight loss goal of being below 300 by April 1!

JOY WE ARE WITH YOU GIRL!!!!!!

Gotta go and fold laundry!

gigglez
03-01-2004, 10:56 PM
Evening!

Real quick as I am exhasuted and it is time for bed. Water yes, food not really but I did exercise. Yeah and sunned my buns as well. Love the tanning beds. So relaxing for me. Faye, glad that you are back. Joy, we are here for you, by the way where did you get your gazelle? I have been thinking about geting one for myself.

sandy

gma22
03-02-2004, 05:48 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target for this week is making work at home and away work for you! Too tired to exercise? Want to always say, no time, well then make your work work for you! When you are at home and doing chores, go the extra mile to use those muscles. Instead of combining loads to carry upstairs, take 2-3 instead so you use the stairs more often, vacuuming? Use those arms and legs and really push it! There are lots of short cuts we take to keep us from working too hard, but if you find you have no time for exercise than make work at home your exercise. When at work, walk during lunch at least half your lunch, park far away from your building, use stretching exercises at your desk to keep limber, use the stairs instead of the elevator even if you can only climb one flight and then change to the elevator, make several trips if you are delivering items to people, etc. When you do errands, park as far away from shopping at possible and walk, briskly to the store, high step it in the grocery store instead of dragging around, etc.

Morning ladies! Check in later!

jloo1957
03-02-2004, 07:05 AM
;) GOOD MORNING EVERYONE...I GOT MY 4 POINTS FOR YESTERDAY :D :D READY TO GO THIS MORNING....Faye ,thank you...I know with all of yall's support I will make my goal...SANDY..I did get my Gazelle...last friday,and I love it :) I am gonna take Boomer for his other set of shots today ,so I plan on working out on the Gazelle before I go so I will have that out of the way[Boomer is our latest addittion to the family...a beautiful lab puppy...he's almond with 4 white feet,white ring around his nose and a white line down his back,,,he is so adorable....my goal and mission for the month of march IS TO GET IN "MY BLACK JEANS AND WEAR THEM COMFORTABLY"...AND TO CONTINUE TO ACHIEVE BETTER HEALTH!!! WE CAN DO THIS...STRIVE TO ACCOMPLISH OUR GOALS...well ,Im off to get busy...take care and I will post with my progress throughout the day...be :strong: :strong: :strong: :strong:today and make it count....later....Joy

gigglez
03-02-2004, 07:38 AM
Morning all of you beautiful chickies!

Joy, I was going to buy one but I haven't found any in store here yet. K-Mart had some but when I went to get one there wasn't any. I know that I can get one thru QVC, but I really hate to go that route. Boomer sounds like he is sssoooo beautiful. I just love dogs. Cats I can tolerate and that is about it.

Faye, it is a good idea about making work work for you. I know that in the average day at work I walk at least 5 miles and climb the stairs at least 50 times. I am constantly going up stairs to get change for the casihers and plus have to climb them just to get many items that I need to work with. Today I wont walk as much but the set of stairs that I do have to climb are a larger set and I will probally be up and down them at least 20 times today. For me work is work. I guess that is one reason when it comes to house work I try to find the easiest ways to get things accomplished.

I am suppose to get my gym tonight, that is if the weather holds out and it doesn't rain on us. There is no way that I am going to go get it in the rain. As it is I have to have people carry it a long distance. I know that this is a good value but if it rains I am going to seriously consider ordering somethings so that I wont have to put my friends thru this. I am just happy that we are seeing warmer temps here. The easter lillies as we call them here are out of the ground and will be in bloom in a few weeks. I have also noticed that some of the trees are starting to bloom. What joys this will be for the allergies! I guess that I am thankful that I don't suffer from them but watching Corey is hard enough. Ok I have rambled on long enough and must get a move on time to go to work. Here to a wonderful day for all.

Sandy

Mirabelly
03-02-2004, 07:59 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

:cheer: :cheer: GO JOY GO JOY GO JOY GO GO GO :cheer: :cheer:

I'm so happy to see people fired up! It's contagious, you know. Joy, I KNOW you can achieve this goal. It's totally reasonable and all you have to do is be persistent. Susan, you too.....that little black dress is ALL YOURS GIRL!!

I'm starting a new program for March through May. I'm working on Body for Life, but I have to modify the schedule a little because I absolutely CANNOT lift weights the day or the day after I fight! I tried it yesterday and my body said :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll make it work though. I had no trouble keeping to the food part of the program, so I'm psyched! My March goal is to stick with the BFL program all month (Sundays are rest days and I get to eat whatever I want. So, I think I should be able to stick to it). I would like to lose 10 pounds this month, but I *know* that when I lift heavy, I gain muscle mass first.....so we'll see how that goes.

I read something interesting in the BFL book that I thought you'd all like to hear. I don't know if it's true or not, but it made sense to me. They say that if you exercise first thing in the morning, BEFORE YOU EAT, you burn twice as much fat as if you have something in your stomach. Now, I didn't say you burn twice as many calories. It's just that all the energy must be drawn from fat stores because you have nothing in reserve from food you've eaten recently. I'm trying it out. We'll see if it makes a difference. It seems reasonable, though. The book also says if you can't exercise first thing in the morning, the next best thing is to wait 3 hours after eating before exercising so your stomach is close to empty.

Well, I got all 4 points yesterday. and I'm feeling pretty confident for today. Exercise is already done, and I've already had 1/4 of my water.

Talk to you motivated chickies later!

:grouphug:
Julie

Satine
03-02-2004, 08:25 AM
Morning All

I got 4 points yesterday, walked on the trail by my house for 40 mins with hubby...I dont know why I avoid exercise so much I always feel so much better after, I had so much energy last night after that....I cleaned kitchen and living room, got the trash out and cleaned the refridgerator - normally I am just pooped and veg on the couch with TV....it has been sooooooooooo
nice here lately...between 58-62 degrees, wonderful....makes you want to be outside and active...

Glad to see we are all getting back into the swing of things....

Later -

Satine
03-02-2004, 10:07 AM
Hey also I cannot find this Laughing Cow cheese anywhere, any suggestions??

Mirabelly
03-02-2004, 10:59 AM
I'm soooo excited!!!!

OK ladies! I have a whole new goal and motivation since this morning :D

One of my students let me borrow one of her costumes that I want to copy for our big show in the middle of May. She is not skinny, but I definitely see her as alot thinner than I am! Just for the **** of it, I decided to try it on. It FIT IT FIT IT FIT!!! I couldn't believe it! This is one of those little 2 piece beaded bra and belt sets that everyone imagines when they think "belly dancer". I haven't worn one of those costumes since 1989!! :eek: And it didn't even look bad on me, no squished fat rolling over the tops or under the bra.......I tried some moves out while I had it on, and I definitely wouldn't wear it to dance in today, BUT May 15th is a whole 10 weeks away!!!

SO, my NEW and IMPROVED motivation is that I AM GOING TO WEAR A 2 PIECE COSTUME FOR OUR SHOW IN MAY!!!! When I started losing all this weight last fall, I thought "maybe I can wear one of those for May 2005"......BUT NO BABY, IT"S 2004!!! I'm so psyched, can you tell? :lol:

Now, I still have to make the darn thing. My ultimate reward when I lose all the weight is to buy one, but they cost like 500-800 dollars a piece! So, I"m not plunking down that kind of change until I know I'm at my goal. I know I can lose alot of fat in 10 weeks! I'm gonna have to make this sucker adjustable!

Also, I know I've been complaining about the scale not moving since Jan. But after I tried the costume on, I HAD to find out what was going on. So, I took my measurements. I've lost like 3 inches in my hips, 2 inches off my waist, and an inch off my bust just since Jan. 18th! I guess I must be putting on muscle or else my scale is broken.......either way, WOO HOOOOOO :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Ok, enough about me. Everyone have a SUPER STRONG DAY....
Julie

jloo1957
03-02-2004, 11:01 AM
;) THANKS GIRLS...THIS IS JUST WHAT I NEED...WELL ,I have 10 minutes on the gazelle,and five minutes of warm up and boomer to the vet...he went from 2.9 lbs to 8.9 in three weeks...dr said he's spoiled[and he is] we all love him so much..they are going to board him while we head to the mountains...I wanted to take him but they allow no pets,,{thought about taking him anyway},but we will be in and out and gone some days all day,so I guess it's best we don't....by the way I simply love this gazelle...we bought it from sears..they had this one on sale for 199.00...it's not the most elaborate one ,but it serves my purpose...girls i am bound and determined to work super hard this month ...and april is gonna be my absolutely fun month...which means to see how many ways I can find to do something FUN while getting my exercise...so I have been working on that,we have aleady planned our 2 mile hike in the mountains...we did it year before last,and along the way you get to see beautiful waterfalls and when you reach the top...OMG...THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WATERFALL AND CAVE AREA,,,AND IT POOLS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE,WHERE IF YOU CHOOSE YOU CAN GET IN AND PLAY,,,THEREwere some doing it,but it was alittle to cool for me...but the hike was most worth itI am so excited ...we have everything paid for...just gas and food ,and of couse any extra activities is all we have to worry about...we plan on making a day trip to the builtmore house in carolina...which is about 2 hours from our cabin...there is so much to do..last year we went to cade's cove in the mountains,the big aquariaum,ripley's believe it or not ,shopped the malls till we dropped,fished piedgon forge river,did the sky lift up the moutain,went to some wonderful places to dine,and oh yes cannot forget Chuckie Cheese in knoxville...the kids as well as hubby loves it there,and I go next door to Pier One and find me some goodies...it is so beautiful in April..I want to retire there someday...also I love the town of Cherokee....just can't wait...well I certainly have rambled...I guess I will go and get some things accomplished before the kiddies get home ...will check in later...love all of yall....Joy :) :) :) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

jloo1957
03-02-2004, 11:05 AM
:) Julie...wanted to say that the body for life is a great program ..I was on it last year and did really well,but I had to stop eating as much protien,as it was effecting my kidneys as i am diabectic...so I have to be careful because it was showing up in my urine...but it is a great program...good luck :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: ...Joy

Scuzin
03-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Good Morning!
4 points for me!
And it's wonderful to see all the other 4 pointers as well. I almost thought I would never get over the Christmas slump. I did have a lot to eat at dinner yesterday...but..it was all what I consider "good" food so I think I'm ok...I also put in some extra time at the gym.

gma22
03-02-2004, 01:26 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Joy :bravo:
Julie :bravo:
Carri :bravo:

GREAT JOB GROUP!

I am back on track, did 25 on the treadmill and will do another 25 when Jack gets home, OP and getting the water in. I have some serious lbs to burn though from this weekend!

Thanks for the tip, Julie, sounds reasonable to me!

I need to go. I have soooooo much laundry to try and catch up on!

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda
03-02-2004, 02:30 PM
hi all!

well I've lost motivation over the past week, but I am back on track as of now! I will get myself to the gym tomorrow if it is the last thing I do!

My challenge for March is to exercise at least 4 times a week!

Julie - Great news about your costume - that is fantastic! What a great target to aim for!

Joy - Good going on your new challenge - you go girl! I'm sure your motivation and enthusiasm will rub off on all of us! :cheer: :cheer:

Faye - Glad you enjoyed your trip away!

Lets all have a super fit and healthy March - Spring is coming, yeaaah!

Love Amanda xx

jloo1957
03-02-2004, 02:54 PM
:cool: Afternoon Ladies....well,so far i have mananged to get 10 minutes on the gazelle,get boomer to the vet and back,do a little housework,run eat lunch with my 8 year old at school,run a couple of errands,stop and walk 2 miles at the local duck pond,as they have a walking track ,stop by and price an entertainment center at a local handmade furniture shop,stop by the nursery and buy some azalea bushes..now home taking a breather...so I can plant the bushes this afternoon..I planted 16 leahland cypresses this past week-end...it has been so beautiful here ...sunny and breezy around 68...gosh i love this time of year...I am an outside person bigtime...me and the kids are going to ride bikes this afternoon....have to run to get some wash out to dry...i love hangin it out when it is this beautiful...check in later......MOVE THOSE BUNS LADIES IN SOME WAY OR ANOTHER...MAKE IT COUNT TODAY....LATER...JOY :) :) ;) ;) :D :D :p :p :p :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :^: :^: :^: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

gma22
03-02-2004, 06:38 PM
I have found that one of the best things for my weight loss is to keep myself so busy I don't have time to eat. Joy, sounds like that was you today. If I have a busy schedule like on paydays when I run all my errands and such I eat far far less than on days when I have nothing to keep me occupied.

Well, I am going to give the eye doctor another ole college try on Thursday. Supposedly the insurance is updated now to include me. I sure hope so or I am going to be hopping mad.

I have spent part of the day looking at salons at the Vegas hotels. My sister, niece and I are all going to go and get pedicures together. Heidi, my niece and I have never had one and are CHICKEN! :faint: I told my sister she would have to sit between us and hold our hands! :^:

Here is a pic of the bride's mama, her soon to be other mama and herself. Man the chick in the white sweater is :flame: , ain't she!!!! :D :lol:

I need to go. I am so exhausted I didn't even make it back over to the gym. I took a Benadryl and I am crashing for the night, early or not. :tired:

jloo1957
03-02-2004, 07:46 PM
:) Faye,you are sssooooo right about being so busy that you dont eat near as much,and yes I sure had one of those days today,but I love it....it's funny you mention a pedicure,cause my very best friend and I have been planning one also...we too have never had one...we plan on doing it just before vacation...she too will be going to Tennesee ,but she wont be there until the following week on friday...she will stay friday and saturday with us...year before last her family and mine went for a whole week together...we had a blast....this year she has toi go to florida for her sister's wedding ,so she can't come up for the whole week...BUT WE STILL WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME...well,today has been a great day but it is time for me to start winding the kiddies down for the night...love to all and take care ...till morning...Joy :smug: :cool: :D :) :p

jloo1957
03-03-2004, 06:50 AM
Good Morning Ladies....the start of another great day...let's make it count :) well.off to see the kidies to school...will check in later...Joy :) :) :)

Mirabelly
03-03-2004, 07:40 AM
Good Morning Lovelies!

I now believe that there must be something to this whole "exercise on an empty stomach" thing....I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm down 3 pounds!!!AND it's TOM, when I usually gain 3 or 4 from fluid gain. I've been stuck at 215 for all of Feb and most of Jan....SO WOOO HOOOO :cb: :cb:

I had a terrible night at fighter practice last night....I'm just so tired from getting up early to exercise that my reaction time was way down. My arms and shoulders are so bruised the kids have to hug me around the waist :lol: But I've had worse and I know in the long run the fighting will improve because of the exercise.

Faye, you look fabulous in that picture! You must be so proud of yourself.....I know we're all proud of you!

Joy and everyone else........keep that positive spirit up today! Stay :strong: :strong:

Julie

Satine
03-03-2004, 08:15 AM
Morning All

Okay since no one responded to my question I am going to assume that no one has any idea where I might find the Laughing Cow Cheese...but it doesnt matter I found it last night, my dh thought of a place that might have it and they did but only the original swiss wedges...I know I can put it on a cracker but what else do any of you do with it? Or do you eat it at all?

I had another 4 pointer yesterday, another day of walking on the trail behind my house with my husband, it has been wearing me out, but I am hoping all of it will lead to some nice pounds down on Friday... :tread:

Julie - Congrats!!! :cb: :cp: :jig: on the three pounds down!!!!!

Faye - Nice pic, your hair looks nice, I always want to dye mine a new color but never have the guts....glad you had fun in Indiana :flow2:

Joy - Keep up the good work!!! :sunny:

Talk to you all later .... :grouphug:

gma22
03-03-2004, 08:16 AM
Ok, no more beating the thread administrator up in the morning! Goofs me up! :lol: Julie and Joy, you need to be more lay abouts!

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. What is troubling you that we can help you with?

Julie: I am so proud of every piece of your bruised and battered flesh! You are doing so great!

Joy: I know you are going to really succeed this time!

Well, I will check back in later with everyone. I have my morning chores to start and I zonked last night so didn't go to the gym this morning.

jloo1957
03-03-2004, 08:24 AM
:d :d :d Got All Four Points For Yesterday..... ;) ;) :d :d :d :d :) :) :)

Mirabelly
03-03-2004, 09:00 AM
In all the excitement this morning, I forgot to mention I got all 4 points yesterday! Looking good for today, though I allowed myself a little extra rest this morning. I'll workout later today, or at tonight's dance class at the least.

Carrie, I have never heard of Laughing Cow cheese...is it a low fat brand or something?

Congrats to all the 4 pointers.......WE ROCK! :cb:

Later,
Julie

Amanda Panda
03-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Hi all!

I got 2 points yesterday.

Nigel's mum is still very poorly and had to have several blood transfusions yesterday because she is so weak. We don't really know what is going on - she is in a hospital about 80 miles away and the doctor never updates us. Nigel rings the nurses every day, but they only give a very brief update. Apparantly she needs a liver biopsy but is too ill to have one at the moment.

CARRI - I LOVE laughing cow - it is big here in the UK. I am talking about the low fat cheese spread - is that what you mean? I have it on crackers, toast and it is also good as a replacement for hard cheese. I sometimes put a bit ontop of pasta or baked potato as an alternative to hard cheese - it just gives you a bit of a creamy, cheesy taste without the fat and calories!

Bye!

Love Amanda xx

gma22
03-03-2004, 11:03 AM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie :bravo:
Carri :bravo:
Joy :bravo:
AmandaP :dancer:
Faye :dancer:

Carri: Forgive me for not seeing the part about the cheese and responding! I have heard of it from other people, but never seen it. Did you find it at a chain store perhaps? If so, which one. Maybe those of us who have never seen it can find it and enjoy it.

We still have a lot of ladies wandering around aimlessly: Donna, Anna, Cat, BEth, Kim, Debbie, Pam, Dorothy and the other Amanda. Hope you ladies are all doing well and are ok! We miss you!

I have been paying bills all morning so I can bank all the paychecks for the trip. My checkbook is indeed much much lighter now! :lol:

It is very overcast but nice and warm today so I have the door open so Butterscotch can watch the birds and squirrels. He just loves it!

Thanks for the compliments. I really felt good that folks could tell I had lost weight. It makes me want to continue, ya know?

Everyone have a spectacular day. Laundry folding time for me!

Scuzin
03-03-2004, 12:05 PM
Hello Hello
I'm only going to claim 2 points for yesterday...I was good with food all day till I needed to stay up late to work on a paper...I intended to just get some regular black coffee and put some equal in it...but they were out ... so I got a mocha, and they made it 16 insead of 12 ounces and blah.
I was so beautiful here yesterday! Sunny and almost warm. I was planning on wearing sandals today...but low and behold, grey, rain, ick.
CONGRATS Julie on the 3 pounds!!! That's awesome. I've been itching to step on the scale this week but won't let myself till friday.
Have a good one everyone.

Satine
03-03-2004, 01:09 PM
Amanda - thanks for that info, now that I know where to get it I didnt know what to do with it, I put it on whole wheat crackers last night, it was sooooooo good...

Sorry guys I thought we had discussed this cheese on this thread before but I think I was on one of the WW threads, oopsssss ...

Anyway yes it is a low fat cheese spread, very good, doesnt taste like you are having something low in fat, it has like 2 grams of fat per wedge and I dont remember the calories but it is low ( Amanda do you remember ? ), It is in the finer cheese areas of your grocery store, not refridgerated, the one I got was the swiss original lite, so so good, check it out if you can....comes in a tub of like 8 spreadable wedges...it is imported so probably Amanda finds it alot easier that we do....

Later

gma22
03-03-2004, 08:01 PM
Susan: You get a :dancer: for points

Thanks for the info Carri. I looked at one store, but I did look in the refrigerated section where the cheeses are, where in the store did you find yours (as in the cracker aisle, etc...)

I bought a new swimsuit to take to Vegas. Gracious, my legs look awful but I am going to wear the darn thing anyway. There isn't anything I can do about the skin on my legs and I refuse to hide out like I am ashamed of myself. I was able to buy a 20-22. It is a little snug, but the next size was a 26-28 (no 22-24) and it was huge on me. HUGE ON ME, now that is a new term for me to absorb! I am learning not to go straight to the biggest size a store carries anymore!

Well, girlies, I need to wrap things up. Looks like I am going to start a new thread in the morning as this one is past 60.

cat90
03-04-2004, 12:49 AM
Hi Ladies,

I got back at midnight last night (in reality it was 8am :lol: ) 22 hours of travelling is a killer :tired: i'm beat :yawn: so i'll leave it till tomorrow :wave:

gma22
03-04-2004, 05:50 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #57