South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 05:44 AM   #1  

Default Wednesday bantering babes

Morning all.

Just starting the thread and then I'll get some tea and come back and post properly.

Thought we could do with a little majesty around here today to remind us all to keep our chins up (as it were) and be proud and royal.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:07 AM   #2  

Well, it seems that everyone is coping with ill loved ones. Franny, it is so hard to watch someone becoming progressively worse. My mother has all kinds of systems failures, including artheritis and carpel tunnel thing, and it has been getting worse for years, but now she has gone from having the use of only one hand (at Christmas) to having the use of neither hand, now. That is a big leap of course. My father looks after her and nurses her, but he is elderly too. They dont want more outside help.

I saw Cold Mountain last night. I thought of all you ladies on your cold mountainsides. What a fab film. Has anyone else seen it? It was a bit long, and sad, but beautiful photography, and a good mix of brutality and love. I did not much like the brutal bits, but to miss them out would have been dishonest I suppose.

Glad your radio interview went well Ruth. And Ellis, I can never get anything on digital radio on the computer. Just does not seem to work for me.

You know what little chick? I think a bit of healthy sibling competition can be a great incentive. I dont have a sister, but sometimes find myself pettying around being thinner than my poor sick mother. How twisted is that?? but it keeps me going, and at least I have something to discuss with my therapist....

On the snacking front, Sums and Pebbles, I find the jelly thing works too. I bought some cherry jello in boston when I was there the other week and it is horrid however. Tastes like cough medicine. I like strawberry flavour. But I find that ham or turkey still works better for a 'several hours' fix. I tried the Atkins bars, but they are full of s**t and anyway make me more cravey.

Bamie I did not know that Alabama got that cold. It is all to do with what you are used to I think in terms of how cold things feel. A few years ago I travelled to Sri Lanka and there is a place there where they grow tea on the highlands, and there is a town there known as 'little england' because they say it is so cold. The Sri Lankan people say it is unbearably cold and were there all wrapped up in thick coats, scarves, boots etc - it was about 55 to 60 degrees there!!

Who else is there? Everyone seems to be doing brilliantly, in spite of all kinds of busyness, illnesses, snackynesses. Hello to one and all.

I am going to look up some sort of legal vegan recipe which is quick and easy now as I have a friend staying tonight.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:31 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Clovey. So sorry to hear your Mum is in bad shape. Old age sucks! Has she considered the operation for carpal tunnel syndrome or is she too frail? I had it and it made a huge difference but I'm anything BUT frail.

Great evening (bed by 9:30) and a good night's sleep. It snowed so much the ploughs were not out so I didn't hear them. When they finally do go by, I'll get our plough guy to do our lane as Hershey goes to her "job" noonish and I sure wouldn't want to miss that. Physiotherapist comes this morning and certainly will be in trouble if she doesn't park on the road and walk!

Dress rehearsal with full make-up tonight in front of an audience of about 100! We have invited women from "safe" homes in the county to come for the show. The show is for them so it is very appropriate.

Now for coffee, stoke the woodstove and do Doggage duties. Happy Hump Day!

Old 02-04-2004, 08:01 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies just sitting here with a cup of tea trying to warm up. It is chilly and damp here this morning we are getting rain. which always makes me feel blah. It is a quite morning so far only 4 little ones right know and the 5th on his way. So it will be an easy one this morning.

Ruthie good luck tonight. I hope you break a leg. I would love to be in a play. But then again I love being the center of attention. Drive safely. I have a question for you my friend is a diabetic and she wants to do SBD but she says that she bottoms out, if she dosn't have any bread or pasta etc. I am sure that I read in you bio the you were type 2 as well. I was wondering what you eat during phase 1 to keep you from bottoming out.

Clovey I am glad that I am not alone in my weirdness. I am thinking that I need to get a therapist. You guys are always raving about them. My biggest problem is I would probably want to fix his/her problems. I do know what my problems are I just can't seem to find the right balance. Sorry to hear about your mom. I have not had that problem yet but our parents just starting to turn 60 so I guess we have young ones. I am sure that we will have to deal with it some day.

BRB girls
Old 02-04-2004, 08:05 AM   #5  
Imagine...

& healing vibes go out to Clovey's Mum, Franny & Den's sons and anyone else in need that I have not mentioned.

Clovey I haven't seen Cold Mountain but it looks very good. I would like to read the book. As I don't get to the movies to often. We usually rent a video when something we like comes out.

Ruthie, can I have your autograph?? Just think girls, we will be able to say we knew her when....Glad the interview went so well! How exciting a rehearsal with a live audience...Break a leg dear.

Gotta run bbl... to Den, Ellis, Franny, Little Chick, Chazmom, gavinsmom, pebbles, bamie, sums, less, Rose and all you other beatuiful about to be skinny chicks.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:10 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

Morning SF looks like we were posting at the same time. Just wanted to say goodmorning to Den,chaz,gavinsmom,sum,rose,pebbles,franny,ellis and whoever I missed hope it wasn't anyone.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:36 AM   #7  

Good Morning,

Clovey, I cannot wait to see Cold Mountain, just haven't made it there yet. I think its the kind of movie you have to be in the mood for, too. Sounds like it based on your comments. I did see Somethings Gotta Give and thought it was hilarious. Laughed a lot & my Mom laughed even more. Diane Keaton is awesome.

Hey Ruth, good luck with your dress rehersal.

Hi Ellis! Hope you have a great day.

Little Chick - The rain is so blah. We had some freezing rain last night, but there is no school today anyway due to Teacher's Workshop, so my little one is here.
Hey sflake, you sound busy today. Have a good one.

I'm going to find something to do with my son today. Maybe a trip to the library & then off to see my sister & her little boy. I already exercised today - wanted to get it out of the way so I went to the gym in the rain before my dh left for work. Crazy & unprecedented. But I feel good.

Anne
Old 02-04-2004, 08:46 AM   #8  

You know little chick, lots of people want to fix the therapist, which is probably a good thing considering how wibbly wobbly a lot of therapists are (you know what they say about the best place to hide a tree being in a forest...). But in a lot of ways that is part of the healing. You realise that you are trying to fix the therapist and make them unlimited and perfect, and gradually you see that that is exactly what you are doing to yourself.........ie trying to fix yourself because you dont like your limitations and imperfections. And then the real therapy starts as you learn to live with them and even love them. So the most sorted out people are the ones who can say 'yup, I am imperfect, limited, I screw up and am sometimes cruel and heartless, and fat, and I still love myself and I still love my world, just as it is. And I am going to work to make a beautiful world full of beautiful things'.

That is my idea of therapy anyway. There is more too it and less to it. It is a magic process I reckon. Go on, treat yourself to some unconditional attention.

Off now to do an afternoon's theraping (I am not sure if that is a verb) for the women at the local women's rape centre - this is my wednesday 'putting it back in' committment.

bye for now.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:55 AM   #9  

Default Happy Hump Day!

Good Wednesday to you all!
Ahhhh...hump day once again...time flies when you're getting thinner!
Clovey, I am so sorry about your Mum...it is very difficult to deal with family issues and keep it all together yourself...you should be so proud that you are doing so well and staying OP, even with the stress...Good for you!
Ruth, I bet you're gonna be a hoot in the "gynie" monologues! What a terrific show! (we are women hear us roar!)

Well girls I have been really good so far this week...even gave up my nightly sweet treats (SBD friendly ones of course)...but I was so po'd at the non-loss, I needed a kick. Someone so wisely suggested changing the foods I was eating, and yes I had gotten into eating basically the same things every day...so I made some changes and am down another 2 lbs! Yahoo!
More importantly, I FEEL good! I feel healthy (well, despite a wee head cold), and strong and in control. Anyone else having feelings (or delusions!) of well-being?

We woke up to the ground covered in ice this am in Massachusetts.
But luckily, the temps heading up to 40!!!! A slushy mess, but goodness it's been a LONG time since we've had a day over 20! I didn't even wear my long undies today!

Ahhhh, Hump Day...I am ALWAYS happy on Wednesdays...date night with my DBF! Kids go to their dad's & I have a lovely time...will be going out to dinner at our favorite place...The Oyster Cabin...sounds like fried food-ville, but there's not a fried oyster in the place! The food is exquisite! Very elegantly prepared & presented. And, pretty much everything on the menu is OP! (Well, minus taters, or rice...but I don't even mind!), as long as I can have my glass or 2 of Cabernet!

Well chickies, better get to work!
Have a wonderful day & keep up the good work!

xoxox,
January
Old 02-04-2004, 09:09 AM   #10  

Morning All!
Clovey sorry about Mom. Ruth glad things went well for you yesterday!
Hello to Little Chick, Sflake! January, I feel your pain..I live in Mass also. Quite an exciting ride to work!

I had my official weigh in todayafter Phase I, and I am so upset..up 2 pounds from yesterday! How, Why?? Maybe the sunflower seeds (salty??) Oh well...my clothes are fitting a whole lot better, so I will try not to get discouraged.

On to Phase II....
Old 02-04-2004, 09:10 AM   #11  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Good Morning my little beach buddies! It is another cold morning in the South. Burr 28 this mornin. Oh Ruth I don't know how you all take it up there. I guess you are used to it. When I was a kid we lived in KY and always had lots of snow. Out where we lived there were no plow trucks. Stickville! haha

Clovey it does get very cold but usually does not stay long it warms up then drops again so everyone stays sick all the time! Fri. in the high 50's Sat. snow flurries! go figure. I could not imagine bundled up with 60 sumin degree weather. Heat wave if you ask me!haha But hey who ask me! Watch out I'm full of it today! Not real sure what I'm full of but I know it's not bad carbs or bad fat! haha

Everyone's family members are on my prayer list. Y'all just hang in there. I know it is tuff. My Mom went through alot with her heart and stuff a few years ago. I have 6 b&s but I had to do everything. They thought I wanted to! Paaaleaze! Uhg! Anyway all is well now. So keep your chin up.

Ruth that is so good that y'all are doin that for the women. That really touches my heart! I pray all goes well.

Ok everyone go have a wonderfully blessed day and let's all make good food choices today!
Old 02-04-2004, 09:39 AM   #12  
Ready to Change

clovey I would like to try therapy but sometimes I am afaird of what i will find out. I am what I believe truly happy and content in my life. But you know.... maybe it is just a coever up. I need to put some soul searching into this. Jan I love hump day too.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:44 AM   #13  

Morning Babes!!!
I'm starting Phase 1 again today as I found my SuperBowl binging triggered too many cravings.

Ruth, good luck tonight and have a great dress rehearsal!!!

January, congrats on the weight loss!

Morning and hugs to Clovey, littlechick, sflake, lessismore, loulou, lisa, ellis and anyone else I may have missed!! Youre all a real inspiration in many different ways!

Traci
Old 02-04-2004, 09:47 AM   #14  

So sorry to everyone who is suffering with illness today! I hope everyone gets better really soon. It has been a very busy morning for me, I have already spent over an hour at the copy machine, boring.........and I forgot my coffee at my desk, so I came back to a cold cup, how sad for me!

I am still super snacky maniac at night, I have decided today that I will get that under control, and plan for a good dinner and just one snack at night!!!

My girlfriend decided she would do SBD as well, and has reported to me this am that she has already lost 3 pounds, I am very very very happy for her!!!!

Well hello to everyone who is here and everyone to come! I hope you all have a great day! Stay warm, it sounds like lots of you are chilly, brrrrrr. It is high of 43 today.....Virginia weather!
Old 02-04-2004, 09:54 AM   #15  

So ifs I tell you all that its in the 50's here today will you throw snow balls at me...?
Closed Thread