Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 08:10 AM   #1  

Default OOHH I can't stop the counting!!:no:

I honestly most be obessive complusive because I can't stop counting- calories- carbs- fiber.

I find myself running everything thru fitday-- looking at how many of everything I am eating..

the not so funny thing is I started phase 2- I was 140 I dropped 2lbs only to weigh myself today to see that I have gained a lb..

I haven't cheated--

I am eating like 1000 calories my carb intake is not that much--

I haven't even added fruit in!! only oatbran bread 2 slices.
I know weightloss is not over night I do understand but how in the world do I stop the darn counting!!LOL

Last edited by Anita211; 01-18-2004 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:15 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Maybe you don't April. I weigh everyday, and I can't (and WON'T!) stop that, so maybe this is just something you need to do.
Sounds like you're not getting enough calories, though.
What about water? Are you drinking lots? It's VERY important.
Why don't you cut back to one slice of bread a day for now...
Old 01-18-2004, 08:37 AM   #3  

I only drink water- beside my coffee or tea but to be honest in the summer I can drink 10-12 glasses in the cold winter I can't get 2 down

glad I am not the only daily weigher-- I am just afraid of gaining it back that every am I am on that scale- it 's calling my name--- [which by the way is anita LOL]
April is my birthmonth!!

so I will have 1 slice of bread and drink 4 glasses of water today

Old 01-18-2004, 08:39 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I think your calories may be too low. Your body will go into starvation mode. So cut back to one slice of bread but add enough protein and good fat to bring up the cals.
Don't tell anyone but I get obsessed too.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:15 PM   #5  

I'm betting most of us weigh too often. I am trying to not weigh more often than 2, maybe 3 times a week. I was getting too depressed by not seeing a loss two days in a row.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:52 PM   #6  

If I had a dollar for every hour I've spent over the last 28 years reading books and articles from every source printed... I'd be rich. Many of these books and articles contradict each other... which could leave us questioning what is right and not. I have come to the conclusion that some foods I and everyone else metabolize better than others. We need to find what works best for us through trial, error and success. Even in the SBD Book, it states some will be able to eat pasta with no weight gain, yet, others will gain weight on it, but could have a yam instead.

From countless sources I have read, women need minimally,1200calories a day... the key here is to divide it up into 5 or 6 "mini meals" or 3 meals and 2 snacks. Exactly what the SBD states to do.

1000 calories is no doubt not enough for you. You are no doubt serious about shedding pounds, and if you feel queazy about adding more calories in the form the SBD recommends.... walk for at least 20 minutes a day.

As far as being "obsessed or compulsive" in counting calories, it's something I must do as well. Additionally, I weigh and measure everything but veggies. Do not consider myself compulsive or obsessed. It's the only way I can control what goes into my mouth. Unfortunately, I'm a person that if given 4 oz of beef or a pound... I would consume it all. The 4oz would satisfy my hunger, but I am compulsive with food... and will eat until it is gone. There are millions of us like this, and for us, counting calories is a good thing.

Wishing you the best of success and hope you are enjoying your journey to weight goal and maintenance.

Darby

Best of luck to achieving your goals.

Darby

Last edited by Darby; 01-19-2004 at 06:01 PM.
Closed Thread