South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 04:58 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chat - Jan, 10 and 11

Will somebody please tell me why I wake at 4 a.m. when I've been in bed just since 11?

I was at rehearsal last night and was home by 10:10, cuddled The Girls, stoked the woodstove, had my Sleepytime tea and read a bit. But I was wide awake before 4!

It sure would be great if Kevin were to come and finish the closet this morning but I'm not holding my breath. Monday will be interesting when Gail is here to clean and he is here to mess it up!

Odds and ends of things to do today - including bringing in wood -but I know a wee nap will be in order this afternoon.

The coffee is on. What are your weekend plans?
Old 01-10-2004, 05:20 AM   #2  

Hi everyone
Well, I am off this morning to book my annual holiday - we are going to travel to USA. Very exciting! We are planning on flying in to San Francisco, and then going to Kings Canyon and Sequoia national parks, and to Yosemite too although I dont like crowds so we are avoiding the main bits of it. Then down to Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon and Monument Valley. We are wondering about Death Valley, but (correct me if I'm wrong) it's main selling point seems to be that it is very hot, and the clue is I suppose in the name, so we might avoid that. Then maybe drive back to San Francisco up the pacific highway?? that is just an idea. Anyway, all this is planned for September, and this morning I am off to sit in the travel agent for hours getting it booked up.

Other weekend plans involve watching the dvd of the second matrix film (christmas gift), and maybe some gardening - I have a lot of tidying type winter jobs I can get on with.

I am off now to look at the flavoured coffees available, to see if they are ok for SBD. I am nut intolerant so I cant have the hazel nut, but I was thinking vanilla coffee might be nice. Do you think it would work to flavour the coffee if you left a vanilla pod in the jar, like you do with caster sugar?

I'm doing ok with the eating plan - OK, its only been a week (umm five days actually), but I am full of steely resolve. I used to be 18 stone 9, and then got down to 16 7 with weight watchers, but stuck there. And up to 17 stone again over Christmas. I would like to be around 10 or 11 stone (that is about 150lbs for all you stoneless ladies). I think it is doable over 18 months or so. I am 37, so I really want to get back to my comfortable body size before I turn 40.

love
Clovey
Old 01-10-2004, 05:23 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Important! Please be sure to read the Sticky "You May Not Have Noticed But....... "
Old 01-10-2004, 05:25 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Good morning, Clove.

Just be sure those flavoured coffee don't have added sugar or fillers like powdered milk.
I sometimes put a drop of vanilla or almond extract into my coffee - it tastes great!
Old 01-10-2004, 08:28 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, all!

Clovey, your trip sounds wonderful. Except you're going to the wrong country! Why aren't you coming to Canada!? It's ummmm... -37C with the windchill right now in Ottawa.
The vanilla bean sounds like a good idea. Don't you grind your own coffee? You can get some good different flavoured beans...

Ruth, I went to bed just as you were getting up. DH rented "Pumping Iron" (god only knows why), and I got caught up watching Arnold. Weird. I NEVER watch TV, and rarely have the patience to sit through even a GOOD movie. I must be losin' it.

We're working on the apartment this weekend. It should be ready to rent for February, and we've got someone coming to look at it on Sunday. Yesterday I put together an amoire from IKEA (no closets in the bedrooms... old house) and a butcher block thingy on wheels. It's pretty cool... I want one for MY kitchen!

I'll try to get back in later...

Welcome again to all of the newbies, and Let's go, girls! It's 2004!!
Old 01-10-2004, 11:38 AM   #6  
Believe it & Achieve it

morning.........

woke up to kids screaming that we had bugs. Leftovers from yesterdays epidemic. I spotted them yesterday and for the life of me could not figure out where they were coming from.

Went to feed the hamsters, we keep their food in what I thought was an air tight container. something hatched in there and UGH, I spent hours vaccuming and spraying these nasty bugs. so GROSS!!!!

Ruth I read the time stamp post but mine has never been correct anyway lol so I just always go by the yellow lit up light on the main forum page. Hehe, I did not even know there was a way to fix it!

Clovey- I live in the states and I have never even been to any of those places! I could have once with my parents but the thought of a road trip was not pleasent so I chose to fly and stay and extra two weeks at the actual destination while they toodled around. Where was Disneyland on that list? Everyone goes there. LOL

Ellis- what is pumping iron? There are only a couple of Arnold movies I like Kindergarten Cop. Twins and True Lies. I have a really hard time sitting through the rest, No I am not into the terminator but I WILL be back!

Well, I stepped on the scale before bed last night big mistake. I mean BIG mistake. How disheartening should have waited till the morning and now I don't have the guts to step on it because even with added water weight last night I don't think i've lost a darn pound . And I have been OP with only 2 cheats since New Years, that's a record for me!!!

I'm going to try combining sbd and weight watchers so I pulled out all of my materials last night. Lets hope that I can make it w/out being hungry (which is what I disliked about ww in the first place).

O.k. well I want to get my latte made and the kiddo's fed. This weekend is nothing but packing boxes for me!
Old 01-10-2004, 11:40 AM   #7  
Believe it & Achieve it

o.k. Ruth I usually post at the same time my stamp is says 3:38 pm and it is only 8:45 am here! When the upgrade goes in how do I change it?

It's always been messed up for me.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:57 AM   #8  
WW Moderator

To change your time zone, go to User CP, and then go to Edit Options. There is a scrolling bar to choose your time zone. I think it will carry over the upgrade, I can't remember!
Old 01-10-2004, 01:06 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Let's just wait until after the upgrade. I am usually GMT-5 and could fix by going to User Options and changing to GMT-4. BUT I'd rather have a nap so will wait until Monday Morning and change then if need be.

Emily, it looks like yours was never set. When you decide to change it, you should be GMT-8 but wait until after the upgrade.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zz
Old 01-10-2004, 01:17 PM   #10  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Morning Beauties!

Actually, it is right before 12:00 noon! Just got back from my hour workout in the gym, and a 20 minute sauna for stretching exercises. Now I feel like a nap. Who was it that said this was supposed to speed up your metabolizm???

Clove, your trip sounds like such fun! You have to try the great seafood in San Francisco. It is SO-o-o good!Sounds like you're doing really well on SBD.

Ellis, you sound like you're feeling better now. I've vbeen sending you good Vibes for a quick recovery from that pesky cough!

Ruth, I read that if you mess with your normal sleep pattern by going to bed at unusual hours, etc., you throw your body clock off! Sounds logical to me. Go to bed and get up at the same time for a while and see if it helps!

Was it Emily who said she got on the scale????? Well, I did too today! E----Gads!!!!!! I certainly was right in starting back on Phase 1 three days ago. I am up about 8 pounds from my goal now. That is doable if I stick with it!
ELLIS!!!!!! Yes, I am determined in 2004!

This weekend I'm finishing putting away all small Christmas things. I also have to balance the checkbood , and then study for my Bible study lesson that I have to teach on Monday morning.

Hugs to all who have not checked in yet...Den, Sflake, Lizzie...who am I forgetting????? Love you all,
Sharon
P.S. I decided to make the wizard
my motto until I can make these
pounds disappear!!
Old 01-10-2004, 01:29 PM   #11  
Believe it & Achieve it

well I got the courage to get on the scale and it says that I am 190, 2 pds above my sbd start weight. How bleak and depressing. Blah.

Oh well, gonna be strong about combining the two plans along with my excercise to see where it gets me.
Old 01-10-2004, 03:43 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 8"

I hope none of you mind me asking this, but......How long have you been on SBD and how much weight have you lost??

For those of you who are doing it with WW, do you feel that is better? Or at least do you think that SBD alone with no "real" limits and measuring allows you to overeat? and therefore combining with WW and staying within your point range helps? as long as you are eating SBD approved foods? I hope this makes sense......any thoughts are appreciated.

It is 2pm and I still haven't made it to the shower!! Being very lazy today. 7 yr old son had karate this morn, very early...he is training for his brown belt He is very excited...mostly because as a brown belt, he then gets a very big stick to play with!! That will be fun!

Clove, can't remember if San Diego was on your sights to see list, but it is my husbands favorite place. He says it is just beautiful. I have never been, but he has several times for business.

Thinking about going to see Lord of the Rings later...don't know if I really want to sit in a theatre for 3 and half hours..but then again, this could be the last time I eat movie popcorn for awhile...might have to make the sacrifice!

Now both boys are yelling at the dog....heaven knows what he has eaten...he seems to crave Playmobil pieces!

Later ladies
Old 01-10-2004, 05:37 PM   #13  

Thank you, Sharon!
Okay, get this. Our furnace just broke down. I'm on the phone right now waiting for an appointment with the repair woman. Oh, lord. One of the coldest ruddy days of the year. And I KNOW they won't be able to come until at least tomorrow. The woman on the phone said they're backed up until the 13th, but she's trying to get me a sooner time. Oh, god.
I may be back.
Old 01-10-2004, 06:11 PM   #14  
Believe it & Achieve it

Oh lordy, I hope you can get that fixed asap. ((((Ellis))))
Sending good vibes your way!
Old 01-10-2004, 06:14 PM   #15  

Thank you, sweet Emily!
Closed Thread