Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 09:39 AM   #1  
soontobethin

Default Stay at home moms #115?

Welcome to a thread full of fun and encouragement as we find a balance between healthy living and raising families. All are welcome
Old 01-07-2004, 09:41 AM   #2  
soontobethin

Good morning all.
I wasn't sure what number thread this was. I hope eveyone is having a good week. I have once again hurt my back, and it sucks. I am still trying to find a decent eating program for me. I would love to do weight watchers. but everything I find on ebay I am out bid on, or the price goes beyond my range. I will check back in later.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:55 AM   #3  
Movin' to the Country!

Wow!!! This place is a mess!!! Ricci, sorry you hurt your back! I hope we are not bidding against each other on EBAY!!! I am trying to find a complete food companion for a friend but not a whole set so we are probably ok. I did look at some stuff that started out a great price but like you said, went way higher than I wanted to pay!

Anyhows, I've missed you guys the past couple days. Hope everyone is doing ok. Talk to you later!

Candy
Old 01-07-2004, 11:18 AM   #4  
2BoysMom

Good morning everyone!!

Ricci, hope the back gets better soon.

Candy, I'm with you. It's like withdrawal if I don't get on here to post!!

I'm back to counting points and journaling and drinking water (bloat, bloat)! Gotta get those 4 pounds back off. I tried to do some crunches yesterday but Will climbed on top of me As soon as I'm done here I'll pop in a movie. Maybe he'll let me get a few moments on the treadmill.

Hi to everyone else!! Get more personal later.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:24 AM   #5  
2BoysMom

BTW, it's 8 degrees outside. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:52 AM   #6  
soontobethin

Candy,
I don't think we are bidding agaisnt each other. In fact I saw and ad for just the companion the other day. If I find any more I will let you know. Geri, I hear you about getting climbed on. My boys are 5 and 3 and if you lay down on the floor any where here, your fair game.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:05 PM   #7  
Movin' to the Country!

I bought the gazelle and now when I go to do my Pilates, my kids play on it while I'm exercising. I had to establish a "no touching mommy while I am exercising" rule or else I'd never get to exercise. I do spend time just wrestling around with them though, which is what they really want anyways!!!

Ricci, I am watching about 6 of the companions. I would love to get the new 2004 one and give her my old one but I don't want to spend anymore money right now. I am trying to build a house after all! Though you couldn't tell by all the things I've been buying lately! So, I'll confess, I am on "restriction...grounded." No more movies, books, exercise equipment, or anything else that can wait!

OK, well, I'm gonna go try to get something done. This "plan" I am on is killing me. I have been wiped out since starting it. It says that in a rare, few instances when you are in really bad shape this will happen. So, I guess I'm in really bad shape. But now I am 3 days closer to being in good shape!!! Only 5 more days of only fresh fruits and veggies. I'm wanting some cooked food so bad right now I can taste it. I won't let my DH fix anything "GOOD" for dinner. I just keep putting stuff in the freezer and telling him he has to wait until next week. He has been very cooperative though, eating salads everynight and fruit every morning. Maybe he'll start feeling better too!

Ok, well, I've rambled on enough now. Gonna get off here. Talk to ya'll later!
Old 01-07-2004, 12:39 PM   #8  
2BoysMom

I got in 10 minutes on the treadmill. I'll get on it again later.

I would love to establish the don't climb on Mom rule, but Will ignores me right now He thinks it's play time.

Started taking wall paper down in the half bath. We've been here a year...it's about time! What a fun job!

Gotta go....
Old 01-07-2004, 11:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi All!
I am so glad I'm finally able to get here again. Boy I was soooo worried the site was down for good. Hopefully there will be no more crashes.
I promise to post more tomorrow. I need to get some sleep now. Talk to you all later!
Old 01-08-2004, 09:15 AM   #10  

Good morning all!
I kinda like that they went back to the old format on here. The only thing I would like to see again is the "quick reply" option. But that is ok.
How is everyone doing today?
Ginny I hope your computer is up and running soon! Can't wait to hear about your WI and meeting from yesterday.
I peeked at the scale this morning myself to see if I had done real damage from last weekend and saw a pleasant suprise! But I won't post anything unitl my WI on saturday.
What is everyone having for dinner tonight? I've been cooking long home cooked meals all week so tonight is my "cheat" night (as far as cooking goes) and I'm making Tuna Helper. Quick and easy and low in pts. Plus it helps me get my pasta fix, lol.
Oh, I have something cute I want to post. It was in the WW magazine about weigh ins. I'll post it after this post so this one isn't so long.
Well, I hope everyone is having a great thursday, I'll chat with you all later!
Old 01-08-2004, 09:25 AM   #11  

Top Ten Things Heard at a Weigh In

1. "Stop congratulating me. I haven't put my other foot on the scale yet."

2. "I demand a recount---didn't you see that piece of lint on the scale?"

3. "I knew I shouldn't have hung out with Ben and Jerry last night."

4. "Would it be socially acceptable to wear a bikini to all my weigh-ins from now on?"

5. "Don't you have to deduct the actual weight of the scale from my total weight?"

6. "I didn't know the dial could go all the way around---three times."

7. "Would it be too much to ask for everyone in the vicinity of this scale to be blindfolded?"

8. "Excuse me, are you sure this is in pounds---not ounces?"

9. "I had to get a crew cut just to reach my weight goal."

10. "This scale is finxed!"
Old 01-08-2004, 01:31 PM   #12  
2BoysMom

Yeah, it's back up again!!

Don't know what's for dinner yet. Having a lean cuisine for lunch. I have some left over pork fried rice I made the other night that I should finish up.

anyone else?
Old 01-08-2004, 01:52 PM   #13  

Hi! Looks like it is still working! (crossing fingers)
Well my dinner plans changes. I discovered I have no tuna, lol. So that makes tuna helper impossible. So I put some pork chops in the crock pot, covered it with 98% fat free cream of celery and sliced onions for an easy 4 pts meal. So that is what I am having.
How is everyone's day going?
I was suppose to let you all know that Ginny was having her computer worked on and she says hello and that she'll be back as soon as her computer is up and running again. I sure miss her.
Well... the kids are down for a nap so I'm enjoying the quiet. They have felt so cooped up lately so I promised them I'll take them toy shopping when they wake up. So I'll be gone later. TTYS!
Old 01-08-2004, 04:09 PM   #14  
Movin' to the Country!

Wow! I couldn't get on all morning and I was panicking!!! Then a friend stopped by and we watched Finding Nemo so that's where I've been all afternoon.

Today is day 4 of my mono-diet. I can't believe that I have made it 3 1/2 days on only raw fruits and vegetables. It is unbelievable. Any other time I would definitely buckled and cheated but I am in "baby mode" really bad right now and know that I can't justifiy that if I can't take care of the kids I've got so I am really determined to get well. I like being motivated. It is a rare emotion for me!!!

Anyhows, you guys are killing me with pork chops and fried rice. Killing me!!! Spryng, those pork chops sound really good. I'm gonna have to try them next week. I also have chicken noodle soup, chicken burritos and blackeyed peas with ham on the agenda next week!!! Whoo.

Well, I'm gonna get off here. Went to Earthfare today and in their little flyer they had a book with recipes for only raw foods. I need some variety, especially if I am going to be doing this 5 more times by July. I'm gonna go check amazon and ebay and see if I can find it cheaper!!!

TTYL!!!
Old 01-08-2004, 11:03 PM   #15  

Good evening all!
Candy, hang in there! You can and will finish your mono dieting week. If you need me to stop talking about what I eat I will.
How was everyone's day? Mine went ok. I was stressed. PMS hit me really bad and I wanted to munch all day. Though I didn't. I did use the majority of my pts on a chicken mcgrill and fries at mcdonalds today though. They hit the spot. And I didn't go over my pts for the day... so that was good. I'm so glad the weekend is almost here. I'm ready for some flexpoints!! So another successful day is behind me.
Well... I probably won't post until tomorrow evening. SIL is babysitting the kids tomorrow and I'm going shopping with a couple of friends and I am so happy about it. I plan to shop until I'm ready to drop. That should earn me a couple AP's. So I hope everyone has a wonderful friday and I'll see you all tomorrow night. TTYL!!
Closed Thread