Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2002, 08:13 AM   #1  

Default Stay At Home Moms #51

Hi Everyone
Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support, and humor as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!!

To see old thread ----> Click Here Stay at home Moms #50
Old 06-21-2002, 08:57 AM   #2  

Default HI

Hi everyone
Hope you made the jump over easily..
Jan110 ..Sorry if I didnt welcome you earlier .. I have a terrible memory myself that is why I put these clickable links so I can go back and read as I post .2 loss is better then a .2 gain right?? Just start over you will be fine ( and in my opinion just set a certain day to weigh yourself youll go nuts weighing everytime you see a scale..)I eat hamburgers though never had a cheese fries in my life Just dont beat yourself up over it, it doesnt help .. Just realize that they are a bit of a weakness and maybe steer clear of them .. Keep in mind also the fat turns to muscle FIRST then the numbers decrease on the scale..So even though your arent seeing the number drop on the scale that doesnt mean it isnt working..
Bella.. Welcome also (sorry for not welcoming you earlier as well I am always a bit late with those things ) CONGRATS on losing that dress size!!! Oh and so you know NO post is too long just type to your hearts content..I am a SAHM of 2 married for 17 years I am now offically 34 and hmmm lets see I now have 97 pounds now to reach goal.I am running my own plan too I just eat in moderation keeping in mind that food pyramid thingy.. I admit I do forget the water though , that is something I need to focus on especially in the hotter weather
ECMom Drivers Premit?? How did it go?? I never went for a drivers permit I was 24 when I finally got my license it was a birthday gift from my mom..I used to either walk or ride a ten speed .. Back then I was smaller ..Now I cant ride a bike the seat is too small for my behind..Ten speed seat shouldnt be fitted like thongs..
Sassypie ..Chinese Pie is browned hamburg and onions with corn topped with mashed potatoes..That is what my mom used to call it and what the schools here call it ..
Kerrie I set my goals by weight only because I hate to take my measurements I dont know the proper way of doing it and last time I tried the measurements made me look lopsided (One side bigger then the other)I know that people go thru plateaus and I might hit that plateau someday.. As for mental / emotional crashes well I am bi polar so either way I go thru those I do get nervous setting them but I need a focus or strive to get my BUTT in gear I am a challenger by nature and to me my weight mini goals are a challenge ..As for keeping your sanity with kids without food involved....Take them to the park ( sorry cant remember how old your children are) find out if your area parks and recreation center has a "fun in the Sun" program, swimming lessons, or go to a pool or pond or beach pack up some fruits and veggies and bottles of water .. See if your local Y or boys and girls club has a summer programs for kids even if it is 2 days a week..
Well all I know I didnt respond to you all and I am sorry for that .. I have to get going and start packing and doing laundry ..Talk to you all on Monday if I dont get back on today..
Take Care
Sheila
Old 06-21-2002, 10:33 AM   #3  
One day at a time.

Default Morning!

Good morning everyone! I don't have long, I'm suppose to leave today to go for a visit with my family and I'm not done packing yet! I just wanted to check in before I leave.

Jackie, hope you have a great time camping! And I'm sure if you contiue to stay as busy as you've all been, y'all are sure to lose weight, just have fun doing it!

Ginny, are you still in one piece? How'd it go, is there a new driver in the family? Good luck, thank GOD, I still 4 or 5 years before I have to worry with that!

Sheila, I think you're doing great, so just keep setting goals that you're comfortable with and you'll get there! And we'll be cheering you on the way!

Kerrie, good luck de-stressing, those were good ideas that Sheila had, to keep the kiddo's busy and you would have a little time to yourself. And Sassy has made a good point to, they seem to do well on a schedule so long as is not TOO strict for them. As for me and mine he's 11 now and I'm lucky if I can get him to clean his room? We'll get through the summer, some how!

Sassy, Thanks, and yesterday was much better. I drank all of my water and danced around while I was cleaning, since I couldn't get to the gym! I wasn't sitting in front of the TV or sleeping, so I'm getting there!

Well, I've been on here longer than I should've, so I better go get done packing so I can hit the road.

Jan, as far as I know, I'm still heading that way. If anything changes I'll give you a call! And remember, like sassy says tomorrow is a new day! So with that in mind, I hope you make the most of today!

Ladies, have a good weekend, and I'll BBL!
Old 06-21-2002, 11:50 AM   #4  
Searching for Motivation

Good morning ladies

Wanted to stop by and give a quick hello. My Dg is having surgery today for a malignant tumer in her colon. Apparently, she has had it for awhile, according to the drs, much to her and our surprise. After it's removed they will determine if the cancer is contained or if it has spread. Please say a prayer for her to make it through the surgery and to heal quickly and completely. This is the only Grandparent I've ever known - the others were all passed before I was 1 yr. so she is so very special to me. I hate to be depressing but I knew it would come up eventually. I will continue to excersize, as I need to think of other things besides just this (for the sake of my kids as well as myself) and will try to do my best with eating. Thanks for the ear and hope to talk to you all soon.
Old 06-21-2002, 03:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon ladies!! I'm BACK!!!!
Did anyone miss me?? I haven't had time to read many of the past posts but it looks like there are been a few new ones join our group since I posted last. Mel was the last one when I posted so please let me welcome all who have joined since then! I'm Spryng.
I've been away from the internet for a while. Well it's been just a few weeks but it feels like forever. but I am fine, everything is going good now. You remember that I spoke about some financial difficulties well they went hay wire and we thought we were in too deep but then a something great happened and now I'm happy to say we are debt free and loving every second of it!!! A million worried were taken off our shoulders. Life feels nice now, content. But that't the gist of why I was gone so long. We were buckling down and trying to take care of important things and at the time the internet was not one of them.
As far as weight loss goes I had gained 5 lbs, I was 140. But four days ago I did a strict version of atkins (all meat, eggs and cheese only) and lost those five within three days. So now I'm back to 135 where I am comfortable and now I'm just cutting calories and being more careful. I should lose a couple more lbs before my trip in 5 days.
Anyway, I don't know if I will ever get caught up on everyone's life but I'm back now and sticking around this time for good. Can't wait to get back into the posting here. And I hope to get to know you new ones better.
Here's a little about me. I'm 22. Married 4 years, 2 kids 1 and 1/2 and 2 and 1/2. I've been dieting for about a year now and have ten lbs to go to reach my goal. Please re-tell me about you so that I know some of your backgrounds please... I'll see you all later!!
Old 06-21-2002, 03:50 PM   #6  

I have a question. What's with the underlined words?? Is this 3fatchicks new way of advertising?? Because I didn't put that in my post.
Old 06-23-2002, 04:28 PM   #7  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Well, I am still alive- just trying to muddle thru the next few days when life settles down a bit. I have 3 more days of work/work related stuff and then I am off for the summer...........and life with 3 kids!
thanks so much for all of your concern about Dd's driving permit. (as I have been quick to say she has been driving for years already........driving me crazy ). One thing that I found a bit disconcerting....she confided in her younger sister (sweet angel that she is, she told Mom! ) that as soon as she gets her license that even if Mom says she can't take the car, she has plans to just take the keys and go anyway. She is a good kid (or at least I thought so!), gets great grades, is athletic..... the list goes on and on. This comment threw me for a loop. So, I have something new to watch out for. I have been quick to tell her in the past about some of the antics that my sister tried at the same age.....taking the car........telling my parents that she was going 2 miles away......and the car returned with 100 miles on it and no gas. Well, she seems to be a good driver- and is trying very hard to impress us with what a great driver she is. (she has a tendency to be heavy on the gas peddle but contains that with Mom in the car).
Other than that, life goes on. My kids are all done with school. We go on vacation in less than 2 weeks......so my next time crunch is getting ready for that.......

Spryng- I have been among the missing for a while- but we did miss you!!!! Jackie sent me a PM concerned about your well being, and I was relieved to hear that she finally did reach you and that you were ok. COngrats on being debt free. It is a wonderful thing and gives you such freedom.
Sassy- how is Dg? I will remember her in prayer........and you too.
It is so tough to see someone you love ill, we understand and are glad to share your burden.
Jackie- how's the camping trip going,girl? (I know how you love that shower!!!!!!!)
Mel-how is your packing going? When do you leave and how long for?
Sheila-thanks for starting the new thread. You going away too??? (you mentioned you were packing)
Kerrie- sorry to hear about your children stress...... but we have all been there. Does your local library have any kids programs?
Ours does here, and at least for 1/2 hr twice a week I could drop them off and even if I stayed in the library and browsed a good magazine, it was time off! I agree with whoever came up with the 1/2 hour - 1 hour a day to get some time to yourself. I forget the age of your little ones, will a video keep them quiet for a while? Do you have a friend you can swop time with- you take the kids one day for a bit, she does the next. That sort of thing.
The park is another great idea ( someone else mentioned that too). What I would add to that is to splurge and get yourself an issue of a magazine that you really love, and while they knock themselves out on the swings take a mental vacation. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.
Well, ladies, I had better go. It is hot here and Dh wants to go out for dinner and minigolf with the crew. (hot weather and I are not the best of friends)
Maybe I will get back on later. I have missed posting.
Ginny

Opps!!!!! Jan- did I welcome you properly??? Forgive me, I am running a few brain cells short. Welcome.
Old 06-23-2002, 08:27 PM   #8  

Ooooo gosh. I've really lost touch this time. I'm really trying to keep up. Welcome all the new ones and welcome back Spryng, I missed you. If you have read back posts I was Lilbitofsunshine.

Okay so I'm not doing so well. The farm is crazy this time of year. Dh is v. irritable. The Paxil CR I'm taking is making me manic and I have gained nearly 10# since I started it. How is this possible?
That is not all. My DU had a heart attack on friday. He thought it was just chest pain. He went home from work took an asprin and went to bed. Got up that night with worse pain and was taken to the hospital. They took a look and found he has had 3 heart attacks now. Alot of damage is done to the heart muscles. Last night he went into cardiac arrest and was care flighted to another hospital. He woke up once on moriphine (sp) and tried to pull all the wires and tubes out, including a cathader in his heart. Now he has to be kept "under" untill his fever comes down so they can operate. That's not all. His wife my DA (aunt) had open heart surgery 3 bypasses 3 weeks ago. I can hardly bare it girls. I'm so far away and I can't be there for them. My DM is really not doing well with it all. And their son my DC whom I'm v.close to is so unstable. His son died this time last year of sids (8 months old). He called late last night on a cell phone crying and the phone kept cutting out. I couldn't understand him. I'm so torn. Everyone just say prayers, okay.

I'm sorry for not addressing everyone. Hope you all understand. I'll try and do better tomorrow.

Misty
Old 06-24-2002, 10:58 AM   #9  

Good morning all!
That is terrible news Misty. My heart goes out to you and your family. I lost and uncle at the beginning of this month. He had throat cancer and they operated and sent him home and the next day a blood clot went to his heart and killed him. It was so sudden that everyone was in shock. How are you dealing with stress right now? If you ever need to pm me feel free. On wednesday I'm leaving though for our trip. we'll be back sunday night.
I'm looking forward to getting to know the new ones that have joined within the last month.
Ginny, you sound busy as usual. Glad to hear that your DD is driving well. And I can understand how you must worry now that your younger DD told you that bit of info. But my advice would be to try and trust her. Keep an eye on the miles put on and gas and such but try to trust her. My younger sister (15) will be driving soon too and working full time and I am worried about her. She has a tendancy to do what she wants when she wants. But I guess that just a teenager for you.
Well I have alot to do today. Leaving in two days and so much left to pack and clean. I'll talk to you all later today.
Old 06-24-2002, 05:47 PM   #10  
Domestic Goddess

Hi, all. Happy Monday. Wonder if I'll ever learn to not hate 'em. Just on principle, KWIM?

Misty, I am so, so very sorry about your family situation. I will remember you and, of course, them, in my prayers. Sometimes I really wonder about the things people have to go through, the pain. Wonder why. But then I see the beauty that comes from human interaction, and the greatness that can grow from pain. Still, it's tough when you're in the middle of it. Hang in there!

Sassypie, same goes for you and your grandmother. We had four grandparents (between dh and I) pass away within a period of about a year and a half. I wasn't especially close to my grandmother, nor was he to one grandmother of his that died (she was 100 yo!), but the others lived near us and we used to go over and help them out lots. They died about a year apart. One of those things we all kind of expected, even though they weren't *that* old (early 80's). Just knew that one wouldn't last long w/o the other. It's painful, and my heart goes out to you and your family.

Ginny--oh dear, about your driving daughter!! We think we know our kids, then we hear things . . . oy vey! Actually, I had the opposite happen yesterday; someone told me something that my son said that surprised me, but it was a good thing. Puts you in a hard spot, though, I expect--you want to trust her but I'll bet it'll be a tough thing.

Spryng, hi. I've seen your name mentioned but haven't "met" you. I'm Kerrie, 32 yo (at least for another month). I have 4 kids, ages 10, 7, 5, and 19 months. Oldest is a boy, the others are all girls. Sounds like you've had some stress!! Wow. Nice to meet you, though.

Thanks to everyone for the help on ideas for managing kids. I was thinking about why last summer was so much more relaxed and I realized a couple of things. #1, I had a weekly, or at least every-other-weekly, babysitter. I was trading piano lessons for babysitting with a girl from church. Unfortunately her mother remarried and moved and they don't know if they'll manage this year. #2, we were spending nearly every day at the pool with the cousins. We'll probably be doing that again in a week or two, but first we were on vacation then the cousins have gone, and it's their neighborhood pool. The kids do the library thing. My problem with a lot of the summer-time activities is that we're cheap. I really hate spending money on stuff like that, especially when the kids usually hate it by the end. I think I'm going to look into just a summer gymnastics program, though, for the middle two, as they seem to love that sort of thing and they're the ones . . . um, with the most energy, if you know what I mean!

I weighed in this a.m.--two pounds down. More important to me, though, is that I exercised every day last week. This morning, after much thought and hesitation, I ordered The Firm's "new" Fanny Lifter and the three videos they're selling w/it. I had debated and debated, but I really liked the look of the videos and you can't order them separately (yet). I also have been wanting a Fanny Lifter (ds was calling it a Heiney Lifter this a.m.). So I went for it. Now I expect nothing short of a miracle. Actually, now I just need to get the eating reined in. Did okay last week (obviously, or I wouldn't have lost 2 pounds) but could absolutely do better.

Gone on long enough today. I think I'm going to go browse some weight-loss websites for motivational purposes. Have a good one!
Old 06-24-2002, 07:29 PM   #11  
One day at a time.

Default Hi ALL!!!

Whew! What a weekend, I just got home from my Dm. We had a great visit, but it's so tiring to travel all that way, only to spend a couple of days. Although, my Dm and I are so much alike that I don't think we could be in the same house for much longer, at one time anyway! I did good with my eating while I was there, even though I did splurge once, I stayed in my WW points range (barely). Oh well, Hope everyone had a good day, I've got to get stuff put back in order from the trip.

TTFN
Old 06-25-2002, 10:18 AM   #12  

Hello everyone
I know I been away a few days but I had some stuff to do..
Mel17 welcome back and good for u for staying OP
Misty Sorry about what your going thru I will keep you and yours in my prayers for an easier time soon and a quick recovery for DU.. I just realized by reading your post that you're Lilbit.. Now I feel a bit on the not so bright side..
Kerrie your not cheap your just "thrifty" I am thifty myself .Lately my son eats like there is no tomorrow and my daughter well she does too. Not a good habit to get into.
ECMom I am not going away I am moving.. I was late with rent she didnt want to take payments we arent even a month late and she has already put in an ad in the paper and is showing our apartment.. And no we didnt get a paper to get out yet from her so I might as well move since she wants us out.. We did look at a 3 br mobile on its own land that is 500 dollars LESS a month then what I am paying now.. I will no shortly if we have it.
Sassy I hope all is going well with Dg she will also be in my prayers
I gotta go son is "mom" " Mom" MOM" ing me to insanity for money and he is in troubkle already for stealing bill money out of my purse. ( He is 4)
Take Care
Sheila
Old 06-25-2002, 10:58 AM   #13  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!
Glad to see some posts this morning. I will have to be a bit short here, as I am still up to my eyeballs for the next few days.
Misty- I will keep all of your concerns in prayer. How sad for your family at this time. God does not give us anything we can not handle, however, and I know that even thru the worst of trials He is always with us......guiding us. Look for His love thru this and his guidance. I will pray for you.
Sheila- sorry for my boo boo about your moving. (sometimes I skim to posts......forgive me). Good luck with moving. A very stressful time indeed.
Mel-happy unpacking!!!!And congrats on staying in points range.
Good for you.
Kerrie-congrats on losing 2#! Good luck with the kids- I am sure that you will come up with a way to handle this summer.
Spryng- hang in there with all the packing and cleaning....It is a lot of work just getting ready to go away (I will be under that crunch next week ).
Thanks to all of you with the advice about the teenage driver.
Yes, I know that I have to trust her........and she is for the most part a good kid.
Gotta go! Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 06-25-2002, 11:08 AM   #14  

Good morning all!!
Kerri it is very nice to meet you! Yeah, I've been on this thread since about #12. So close to the start of it. Since last December. It has been through alot of changes and the best is that you and the others have joined us!! May I ask your stats?
Well tomorrow I'm leaving. Won't be back until Sunday so unless I post tonight this will be my last for a few days. I am so excited! Its a convention we are going to but it doesn't begin until friday. So we are goin up two days early to relax and enjoy an amazing hotel and city. Tulsa, Oklahoma. Because it is a group that is going up we don't have to pay the usual 220 per night but only 55. Now that's a DEAL!! I can't wait to see this place. I'm just about all packed and ready. Today I'm mostly focusing on odds and ends and cleaning this house. I just can't go on a trip without my house spotless to come home to. I dopn't know why. Yes I do. I like being able to come home after a trip and just relax instead of catching up on housework.
Well anyway girls, I need off here. Got lots to do and am wasting the morning hours. I'll try to post later but if not have a wonderful week and weekend!!!
Old 06-26-2002, 08:24 AM   #15  
One day at a time.

Smile

Good morning ladies!

Misty and Sassy, I wanted to let you know that your families are in my thoughts and prayers. I know you're going through an emotional time, remember that we're you friends and we're always here for you.

Our weather here is awful, we usually don't get much-if any, rain here during the summer months, but so far, it's still coming down? And now that I've said that I can move on!
I had my weigh in at WW last night, and I lost 3.6lbs this week for a total of 12.4 lbs. I was so excited, but I know that it'll slow down now that I'm through my first two weeks. I'm happy about it all the same, I've just got to stay on track while Ds is gone. He's spending a couple of weeks with family in La. and Dh is working, so I'm home all day by my self for two weeks! As great as it sounds, I worry I might eat out of boredom, or get lonely and have some comfort food! My self control is much better, but this will be the first time I've been alone for a long period of time since I started this. HELP! I really don't like to sound so weak, and I'm sure I'll be fine.

Spryng, Have a good time and a safe trip!

Ginny, I hope you have a chance to sit and relax soon! I feel silly talking about being alone, and here y'all are running around raising your families with out any break.

Yikes, bad weather here, better get off here, BBL!
Closed Thread