South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 07:46 PM   #1  

Default What do you eat for breakfast on Phase 1?

Hi all - breakfast is proving to be the most challenging meal of the day for me. I am looking for something quick (I have very little time in the morning) and I don't really like eggs or cheese (unless its melted on toast- yum). Before SB, I would have a pastry or waffle or cheese toast and a juice or diet coke. (which is why I'm here! Those pastries have gone to my thighs.) Anyway- can you all share what you eat for breakfast to give me some ideas?
Old 11-07-2003, 10:29 PM   #2  

I have been on the SBD for 5 days and do find breakfast the most challenging. I either make an egg "salad" and take it on the go with a few pieces of turkey bacon or canadian bacon. Or made an omelet with veges, one of the above bacon products and cheese with 1/2 cup of egg sub. The later is great with me, as you can give it the variety of veges you want. I also have a cup of ginger peach tea (yes the leaded stuff) which is sweet and warm.
Not sure what else to add, I'll be checking this thread for ideas for me too!

Take Care,

Julie
Old 11-08-2003, 12:25 AM   #3  

I get sick of the eggs thing too... I have started taking left over cold chicken and dipping it in Marie's Blue Cheese dressing for breakfast... the dressing states no carbs... Seems to satisfy me until lunch. Best of luck!!!!
Old 11-09-2003, 05:05 PM   #4  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hi, everyone!

I have found that any kind of protein you might want to consume for breakfast seems to stay with you for a longer period of time. If you don't like eggs or cheese, try LF ham or turkey from the deli. Leftover chicken is good too.
Just a suggestion!
~Sharon~
Old 11-10-2003, 04:57 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

I like chicken salad as a change...or deviled eggs or a smoothie. Dr A doesn't like meal replacements because it doesn't teach healthy eating patterns after weight loss, but I drink smoothies when I'm not on a diet, so it isn't a change for me.

Oh yeah - Cheeters Low Carb Bagels. I get the cinnamon flavor a the health food store. Expensive but yummy!
Closed Thread