Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 09:08 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wednesday, Nov 5th

Good Morning All,

Boss is her and riding me like a horse (ROFLMFAO!!!!! nay nay).

I'll be back soon.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:18 AM   #2  

Is it Friday yet? I don't want to be here this morning. I got on the scale like a stupid woman and now I am totally depressed. Why do I let the way I feel about myself be determined by the number on the scale. Of course my clothes not fitting doesn't help much either.

I am going to try to get myself in a better mood today.

I hope you are all having a good Wednesday.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickadees!

Boss is also here and it's busy.

Just popping in to say hi!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 11-05-2003, 11:33 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good almost afternoon

Kem thats how I felt about two weeks ago, I just wanted to jump out of my skin. The scale can make or break my day for sure, I mean I'm not the type that can get over it in a few minutes (you know, like most men GRRRRR) I will dwell on it for days so I try not to weigh in alot. AND if I have a few naughty days where I'm cheating I definitly won't get on the scale until 2 weeks later lol.

Cathy

I had to fight the munchies like you wouldn't belive last night, I woke up 3 times so hungry but I managed to stay in bed and fight it, soooooooooo I'm thinking that Aunt Flo will be knocking at my door any day now. Hey it only took me 27 years to figure out that when I'm starving like that in the middle of the night its her knocking HAAAAAAA DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH!!

Whats up w/you chickies, getting ready for Turkey day ? I know I'm starting to drool already
Old 11-05-2003, 11:57 AM   #5  

I'm back.

Leenie - I can't believe you're mentioning turkey day too. My mom just called me to see if we have room in our freezer for the 2 turkeys that dh will be frying. No way do I have room for 2 turkeys. Guess she wanted to start watching for a good sale but we're just gonna have to get them 2 days before Thanksgiving. and I'm like - do I really have to think about Thanksgiving already! wah! I think I'm too dang busy! Then she wanted to talk about how we were gonna work out the day with my grandmother in the nursing home, and my grandfather wanting to take her out for the day and I finally had to say "mom I'm not worrying about nothin! we'll deal with it when it gets here! it will all work out one way or the other" I can only deal with one day at a time!

leenie? are ya'll making plans yet?

Kemp - hugs!

Did anybody watch Dr Phil yesterday? It was about what foods to eat, etc. I noticed he put up all the info on his website, and there are menus and recipes and even a vegetarian menu. It's nice that he is willing to post the info there on the site so that people don't have to buy the book if that is all they are looking for.

I'm going to the nursing home during lunch so I'm hoping to do my strength training when I get home tonight.

Where is everybody at today? whassssssup gang? how about just a quick hello to let us know you are still out there?

hugssssssssssss,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 11-05-2003 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:13 PM   #6  

Morning all.....I was whining to hubby this morning about never wanting to get out of bed in the morning, not wanting to answer the phone or hook up with anyone....I force myself to for the sake of my kids but if I had a choice I would stay in bed all day.....I wish I knew what it felt like to get up and feel refreshed and looking forward to the day.....maybe I am not meant to feel that way...anyhow his advice to me was to put the past behind me...not worry about what has happened in the past and move ahead....oh ok

Anyhow got up this morning and did all the usual stuff...dropped my yorkie at the groomers....tidied the main floor again

Am having a little friend over for dd5 this afternoon and also watching her 9 month old sister which will be a great stress relief...nothing like a little baby to make your heart glad

Anyhow sympathy pms to you leens....don't step on that scale girls are you nuts? I watched Dr.Phil.....he had some good advise I thought...portion size......dont' eat anywhere but the table which is great advice I thought....etc.....anybody else see it?Looks like Phil is trimming up a tad as well.....he and his peppy little wife.

Ok I am going on and on.....gonna go jump in the shower...get the meat out of the freezer and keep working on the laundry...I spilt downy all over the floor this morning..."I love my life"........"I love my life".......just kidding girls I am a lucky ducky!

P.S. do you all get your ducts cleaned on a regular basis?

Liz

Old 11-05-2003, 12:23 PM   #7  

Liz - I forgot to ask....how is your dd feeling this morning? As you know I have guys so I never got to go thru that but I'm sure it was a day that will never be forgotten!

wish we lived by each other so I could run over and watch the Dr Phil weightloss shows with ya - wouldn't that be fun!
(((((((((hugs)))))))))
Cathy
Old 11-05-2003, 12:43 PM   #8  

Liz you just sound like the best mom. I have always felt that way and with all of the things you say that you have going on I know it is true.

Leens what is the title of the Atkins book that you have? I am looking on Amazon and I found 2 one is Atkins for life and the other one is Dr Atkin's new diet revolution. I have always wanted to read it but I wanted to make sure i got the right one.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:03 PM   #9  

Angry You guys are the best!

You are so sweet and supportive thanks!

DD 11 is hanging in there......I forgot to tell you when she came home from the gym that night I had her shower and put on her first pad Of course I was feeling many mixed emotions...she was excited of course and I tried to share in that....she kept hugging me....anyhow later on about an hour later she screamed at me........MOM IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN!!!!! I just about died laughing......she thought once a month once she would need to change her pad.......oh my.....and I thought I had done such a good job teaching her! Oh well she only has about 40 years to figure it out!

Cathy I would love to have you over for a Dr.Phil fest! Everybody come

It is all good!

Bye for now!

Liz
Old 11-05-2003, 01:58 PM   #10  
CIN

Default Have ya missed me?

Hi Gals,
Have you missed me? Looks like I will be posting about once a week now until things slow down around here!

We found a house that hubby could have his business in and have listed our townhouse! We are already having an Open House this Sunday! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So just picture people peeping in your closets and all over the house! Ha! Ha!

I am still working 5 meetings a week...get pins checked Thursday on the finger!

I just havent had time to read & post.

Take Care!

Cin

PS Liz.I laughed when I read about your daughter. When one of mine started in the fifth grade.she called me in the bathroom and announced "I just don't want to do this!" Awwwwwwwwwwwww I nearly cried..............like I could stop it!

Oh the cycles of lives ladies! What a trip!
Old 11-05-2003, 05:30 PM   #11  
Walking by faith

Angry A quick hello

Good to see everyone!

Kemp: I'm sorry you're feeling down-been struggling w/that myself lately.

Liz: Give DD a hug for me-and slow down

Dr. Phil was EXCELLENT last night. I'm going to check out the website for those receipes and menu plans.

Yesterday was mostly just o.k., but I have some good news:
no, I didn't switch to Geico

I lost 5.25 pounds, which puts me in TWOterville!
Old 11-05-2003, 06:05 PM   #12  

Joanne I am so thrilled for you!

I'm doing the happy dance in the cold wild west!!

Liz
Old 11-05-2003, 06:50 PM   #13  

me too - congrats Joanne!

hugs,
cathy
Old 11-06-2003, 09:19 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

YEAH JOANNE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread