Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2001, 06:00 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Welcome! We are a great group travelling down the road to thin. You are welcome to join us. Come on in, grab a cup of coffee, sit a spell and chat. We're always looking for new friends.
Old 03-22-2001, 06:02 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

2ofMe hit the second page so I brought her over here. Hope you don't mind.

2ofMe posted 03-22-2001 01:51 PM

canadian: So . . . what's a girl to do when this chick named Brenda has a successful Finger Nail Diet, but the girl can't grow finger nails for all the money on earth? LOL Am so excited for you. If I could zap that last 11 pounds away for you, you know that I would.

Best Wishes,

2oM (Annie)
Old 03-22-2001, 06:09 PM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hey all! Not a very busy day here, I guess. I went and caught up all my journalling for the week and I feel better now that I know where I'm going. I made some cabbage soup so that will be a staple for the next couple of days. My house stinks!

Got the new carpet in upstairs. Now just need to finish painting. Then we can get the new bed moved in. King-size ya know! Can't wait! "D

Brenda: Nice job with the weightloss. You are so close to that 100#'s, I bet you can taste it! Good for you.

Annie: Hope you didn't mind me bringing you over here. I was afraid you would get missed. Did you just put your location on. I didn't notice you were from Michigan before. Or did I and I just don't remember???? Anyway, whereabouts? I'm in Sterling Heights on the north end of Detroit.

Ok you guys, guess I'll let you go. I think it's time to make some dinner. You all be good.
Old 03-22-2001, 07:35 PM   #4  
Dying to be thin

Hello everyone and Happy Thursday! I have been super busy today and it's BEAUTIFUL outside!!! Tomorrow we are taking a trip down to Kentucky to see my mother-in-law and the whole family. One of my nephews turned 4 today..Happy Birthday Cameron!!!
Well..my sister in law started and quit her new job already..lol..so I guess I won't be watching my nephew as often. It was fun while it lasted!!!
I hope I can be good this weekend!! Please cross your fingers for me!!!

WW Queen- I am glad to hear that your scale is being good to you!! Good luck at weigh in!!!

Thinthinker- I personally used a white cake mix but they say that you can use any kind. I baked it for the amount shown on the cake box for muffins..I forget how long now..lol..I think it was around 25-30 minutes. They are excellent but don't enjoy too many!!!

Canadian- Girl you are my inspiration!! 11 to go until you reach 100!!!!!!! I am super proud of you!!! How long have you been on WW?? Keep up the good work!!!!

Well I better go get packing..got lots to do! Take care everyone and have a great weekend!!

Angie
Old 03-23-2001, 09:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Happy Friday!

First of all, I hate to be stupid, but where is the smilies legend? I swear it used to show on the left side here for those of us who are suffering short memories.

Just a quick post this morning, its been a very traumatic last couple of days between work and dealing with the mortgage company. I'm awaiting a call so I can go have a face to face fit about being kept in the dark on the closing costs. Dealing with all this sure kills any joy you could have getting a home.

But anyway, I have been sticking to the journalling and getting a bit of exercise in daily and its helping. I can tell my pants are a little looser. This is just what I have to do to lose and even control my weight. Nothing else seems to work for me. Now realizing that for about the 40th time, maybe I will keep focused on it!

Congratulations to everyone who is losing and being focused and for just being here. Have a great day and weekend everyone.
Old 03-23-2001, 04:19 PM   #6  
Makin_it

Happy Friday Everyone......

Determined: I think something funny is going on with the smiles.... earlier today, I didn't see them either, but they are there now.........GO FIGURE. Now don't let the stress get to you... been there done that
Isn't it great when you can start feeling the difference in your clothes... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Angie: Thanks for the nice message and have a great week-end.... I know you'll be good but if you slip a bit don't let it get you down.. Go for a walk and make sure the next things in your mouth are good choices...

Hey Thin, you will have to talk some pictures of your room and scan them and get them out here so we can share.... I'm jealous, I've been waiting for my hubby to do my room for over a year. That cabbage soup I can smell it from here! (just kidding) As for tasting that 100 pounds, yes and I think it tastes like chocolate cake.... NO I mean a big salad with fat free dressing....

Annie: Now that was something I hadn't thought about before.... Finger nail diet..... YUCK! You keep going there and before you know it you will be at your goal....

Have a great weekend everyone.....

Later
Brenda

430/341/170 in 2002
Old 03-23-2001, 05:21 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! It's another beautiful day here. The sun is bright and I've come to my favorite place to visit friends. What could be finer????

I'm working 2 different theatres this weekend at 2 different ends of town so life will be hectic for the next couple of days. Don't know if I'll get here much, but I will try 'cuz it's just too hard to catch up when I miss a day. That's sad for missing so much and happy that the thread is so busy!

Angie: Enjoy your trip. That should be nice with the weather being so great. Stuff in Kentucky should almost be in bloom.

Terri: You're right. More than anything, the journalling helps!

Brenda: Found out hubby didn't like the comforter set I bought (actually out of the package I don't like it much either) so we're back to the drawing board as far as that goes. We'll have to see what we end up with.

Gotta run. Told hubby I would help trim out the closets for painting. YUCK!!

Life is like a piano. What you get out of it depends on how you play it.
Old 03-23-2001, 06:43 PM   #8  
Find a Way

Whew, what a workout. One thing about the weather turningbetter is that the gym gets less crowded, which is sure nice . But it makes me long to be in hiking shape. Hopefully not too long now.

Determined, DH and I have only bought two houses, but the mortgage end of it was an extreme hassle both times. I certainly don't envy you. But a year from now it will be all behind you and you'll be enjoying your new home. I on the other hand would love a townhome about now, just not a handywoman or a gardener, though I love it when I have fresh herbs so close by the kitchen. Maybe a yard boy is in order, one from Sweden or France.... You are so right about the journaling, if I don't do that then I don't stay OP.

Hannah, have a great time in Kentucky, beautiful area.
Old 03-24-2001, 11:54 PM   #9  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello everyone! Gosh, where is everyone? I guess I'm the only one without a life and time to get on here and jabber. Oh well. I hope you are all out having a great weekend.

I worked at a theatre last night and tonight and have avoided theatre popcorn for the second weekend in a row. Yahoo! DH went with me and we stayed at the theatre most of the day. I was counting for The Brothers. Cute movie, very funny. And we were able to see Someone Like You the new one with Ashley Judd. Definitely a 'chick flick'. Cute, romantic comedy. And also Say It Isn't So a crazy romantic comedy. Hey, who needs Ebert and Roper when you've got me to critique your movies for you????

Well girls, gotta hit the hay. Tomorrow is another day at the theatre. Hope to catch a couple of other movies while we're working. I'll give you the rundown when I get back. Gotta go.

[b]Failure is never fatal, success is never final; it is the courage to continue that counts.
Old 03-25-2001, 06:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hello!

Where did the weekend go? Its already Sunday evening. Didn't get enough done this weekend. I never do and not sure what I do instead.

The mortgage scare is over and am trying to light a fire under the foundation/builder's butt so that we can get into our house this year not next. Actually, by May is what I want. Its so hard to plan when we have no idea. But I've been doing some packing and cleaning. I have to rethink what we keep and plan on getting rid of a lot more stuff in a garage sale or donation.

I went crazy at Wal-mart yesterday. I bought a bunch of garden seeds and a starter tray so I can start veggies for the garden. I've even ordered a few trees & bushes from garden catalogs. I am so desperate to finally have a place of my own I guess. I may have trees in pots until I get there but by golly, I'm doing something postive!

Then DH is so desperate to have a dog we bought a rottweiller puppy today. Fortunately, its only 4 weeks old so we won't need to get it for awhile. My goodness they are sooooooo cute when they bark. I know, it won't be nearly as cute when its in my home, 3 am and scares the crud out of me.

Woops, this isn't diet related. Sorry! But I have been doing fairly well on that end. We went to Old country Buffet and I did fairly well. I took small portions, ate lots of salad, and didn't even look at the desserts. Also didn't eat breakfast and will have a very small dinner. So, I'd count that as maybe I'm learning.

Geri - Thanks for the movie info. I rented "Titus" and "Pitch Black" this weekend. Don't bother. Awful. But I also rented "Remember the Titans". Loved it. Keep us posted and thanks for all your positive posts. You're such a help.

WWQ - Thanks for the kind words. You're a little ahead of me in the exercise area this weekend. I need to go walk but its a bit chilly outside. Maybe I'll be inspired from you to go hit the treadmill downstairs.

Hope everyone else's weekend has been successful and good. Good luck to everyone at the start of another week. Keep up all the positive thoughts and work.

Take care!
Old 03-26-2001, 11:48 AM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all!

Well, girlfriends, WI was not very nice. I am up 1#. And that's after avoiding movie theatre popcorn 3, count them, 3 nights in a row! Oh well, TOM is coming and maybe that's it, or maybe I'm just kidding myself and ate way too much. Either way, it is a NEW week. This time I will not start off the week heavy and then try to make up for it at the end of the week. I will choose lighter fare from the very beginning. I guess I'm not as good at 'reverse banking' as I thought I could be!

Anyway, let's see, yesterday we saw 2 movies. Down To Earth. It's a comedy. Was ok, I guess. I slept through most of it. Don't know if it was boring, or I was tired. And we saw Exit Wounds. It was not at all what I thought it would be. It was about crooked cops and some good ones that save the day. It was really good.

Terri: Glad the mortgage blues are over with. It sounds like you're really getting into this new place. Don't worry if your posts aren't 'diet related'. What do you call movie reviews??? The puppy sounds like fun. Have you named him/her yet??? Now we expect something cleaver, you know about all of Maggie's names for her pets! I hope you're in in time to plant all those trees. You'll be in a pickle with them lined up in pots in your front yard!!!

Gotta run. Paperwork to get finished. You all behave.

"Consider gain and loss, but never be greedy and everything will be alright." - from a 1 point fortune cookie
Old 03-26-2001, 04:28 PM   #12  
Find a Way

Terri - congrats on that mortgage and the dog. DH is wanting one as well but he is allergic, and of course DH is not willing to go to a doctor to get allergy medication . When he finally does that then I'll know he's really committed towards getting an animal (kind of like being a parent).

thin - I still commend you on the popcorn, the 1 lb. could have brought some buddies with it had you succumbed to that temptation. But it sounds like you know what can be done better this week so I'm sure you'll be happier on the next WI.

Wow - I am SOOOO glad I went to the meeting last week, even though I knew I'd have to face a gain. I thought about not going, but had a serious talk with that evil self . I decided that I truly was in this for the long haul, and that I was willing to take my lumps when they were deserved. When I got on the scale I got to face a loss of 7.8 lbs.!!!!! I got my 5 lb. ribbon and now I'm only 4/10 of a pound away from my 10 lb. star and being able to add a charm to my bracelet. .
Old 03-26-2001, 06:22 PM   #13  
Thin Within

Default GOOD AFTERNOON Countdowners

Just a quickie. CONGRATULATIONS to all of you who are losers! I love hanging out with losers.

My weigh in showed me a 2.2 loss this day.
Old 03-26-2001, 07:11 PM   #14  
Find a Way

Oh Maggie, I just had to laugh at your attachment. Hope you don't mind if I made a copy for future use on my web site!! Where did you find it in case I have to give credit?

I'm wondering, with this attachment thing, if we can attach anything. I've mocked up an Excel spreasheet with 7 worksheets (Instructions, weekly journal with a Points Booster calc at the bottom, Points Calculator, weekly weigh-in data, WIs chart, monthly measurements data, and MM chart. If enough are interested I can try attaching it, but don't know if it will work like an e-mail or not. But then, maybe ya'll have enough crap taking up computer space .
Old 03-26-2001, 07:14 PM   #15  
Dying to be thin

Hello everyone I am back from my short trip. I had a great time! I ate a little too much and had some ice cream cake at my nephews party but still ended up showing a loss of 1 pound!!! I am going to have to work extra hard this week so it doesn't try to show up!

Congratulations to all the losers this week!!!! Keep it up!!! Well I am going to have to make it short this time because I need to finish making dinner. I will talk to you all later!

P.S. It's great to be home!

Angie
267.6/251.2/241.6 10%
Closed Thread