Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2001, 11:25 PM   #16  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good evening everyone! I just decided to stop by for a minute and what should I find but a bunch of losers checking in!

WAY TO GO! Maggie, WW Queen and Angie! Good going girls!

Gonna turn in for the night. Love to all.
Old 03-27-2001, 07:37 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning,

I finally found the smilies. Well DUH, you just click on the word. My colors must be weird because it isn't highlighted or anything. Maybe its just me being weird.

Got on the scale for my first official "I'm back" weighin. Down 2 pounds. Which I attribute to the journalling and a bit of exercise. I've really got to work on my weekends since that's where I tend to overdo the food and underdo the exercise.

Geri - Congratulations on being strong over the popcorn. Weigh-ins are so frustrating. I can be down three pounds for three days in a row and on weigh-in day be either right where I started or up. That's why I quit going to meetings and the once a week weigh-in. The one pound could be water. Just keep working on doing the right things each day and it will come off.

Maggie, Cynthia & Angie - Yes, a very nice bunch of losers indeed. Congratulations to all.

Maggie, love your attachment.

Cynthia - your speadsheet sound cool. I'd be interested in something I can put on my work laptop.

Oh yeah, the new dog's name will be.....Bulldozin' Baron Krapes von Angel Acres. aka BEAR. The Bulldozin' is from the father. Baron is well, what goes with Bulldozin and is German. Krapes is my husband's last name (he thinks he's the only German left). von Angel Acres is "from the home of Angel Acres" (the name of the new 5.7 acre farm).

I guess I need to get ready to go to work. I'd rather go back to bed.

Be strong and keep up all the good work. Have a great day!
Old 03-27-2001, 01:22 PM   #18  
Find a Way

Terri, I tried attaching the file, but it's a not go. Must be a graphic or text. My e-mail address is [email protected]. Send me yours and I'll e-mail you the file.

I've used it on a laptop during a trip and it worked great.

OR, I just added it to my web page. Click on the link in my sig line, and then go to the Weapons page. It's the last button under the Weight Watcher heading. You can check it out online to decide if it will be useful or not to you.

Last edited by Chillin; 03-27-2001 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-27-2001, 08:27 PM   #19  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Nobody around today, eh???? Well, here I am whether you want me to be or not.

Didn't do too well on food yesterday or today. Just can't get it back together. YUCK! Guess I'll blame it on DH being home. Hey, that was as good an excuse as any! Been going out to lunch with him and it just isn't good!

Terri: Ok, you got me. That is a cool name. You've named your farm Angel Acres? That's really neat too. Hope you haven't been too busy packing!!!

WWQueen: I'm anxious to check out your webpage. Sounds like you are working really hard on it.

Well, nothing much going on here either. Shopped all day for new linens for my new bed and didn't find anything I wanted to take home with me. I guess the search is still on. You all take care.

Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. - Life's Little Instruction Book Calendar
Old 03-27-2001, 09:46 PM   #20  
Thin Within

Default GOOD EVENING Countdowners

Had a good OP day! One day at a time it is for me.

CONGRATULATIONS ANGIE and TERRI on your weight loss.

QUEEN I got those dancing feet from graphicworld.com years ago. Hope you don't mind but I lifted your e-mail address ~ here is mine [email protected] ~ your web page sounds interesting.... I am off to check it out.

Maggie living life in Tennessee.
Old 03-28-2001, 12:12 PM   #21  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good afternoon everyone! I sponge painted the first coat on my bedroom this morning and feel as if I have accomplished something at least. Guess I'll have to wait a couple of hours to do the second color. I think I'm going to like it, it will be very subtle. We used cream for the base and I've already sponged a really light grey and then the final will be bright white over that. So far, so good.

Maggie: Good to see ya. I love your graphics. You are my computer woman!

Cynthia: I checked out your website last night. Boy, do you have some great stuff there.

Well, guess I'll go make some lunch. There's some cabbage soup calling my name. Love to all.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison
Old 03-28-2001, 06:51 PM   #22  

Hey hey,

Just checking in. I'm still journalling although today I will blow my points. But at least I'm writing it down. I even got on the spinner tonight for some cardio and did some hand weight work. One day at a time.

Maggie - love the graphic. Very uplifting on a cold, rainy day here. Thanks!

Cynthia - wow, your website is very impressive. I keep thinking I want to do my own but never get the time to figure it out. Thanks for the spreadsheet, I've downloaded it but work has been too much of an interference to check it out. But I will this weekend.

Geri - my sister is sponge painting her bathroom too. Her's is cream, green and burgundy. Your's sounds very mellow and pretty. Too bad we can't see it!!

Got to go. DH is waiting for me to go out to chinese buffet.

Have a good evening and yippee tomorrow is Friday.
Old 03-28-2001, 08:09 PM   #23  

OHNO, its only Wednesday!

Old 03-28-2001, 08:45 PM   #24  
Find a Way

Whew, had a good workout on the spin bike. That is still the best method for me if I want to get my heart rate up without pounding the heck out of my knee joints. My Avs play soon so this has to be short.

Terri - hope the spreadsheet helps. I may have to do a fix, I misunderstood how the points really work. I thought the maximum amount of calories we could consume in 1 day would be 10 over our max range (ie., my max is 33 so I can only use 10 banked points in one day - so absolute max is 43). I have the program set up to only allow 43 to be used in one day. Now I have heard that the points booster will let me go higher than 43, if I get enough exercise in for the day. I am going to verify that with my leader then see if my actuary husband can come up with a fix for me. That makes the calc a bit complicated, or maybe not. Haven't tried fixing it yet. By the way, the week is going slow for me as well .

Thin - you have too much energy for me girl. Painting and all that. Hope it turns out great. I've never tried the sponge technique, and not sure when I'll be able. I've always wanted to try it. However our house was built in 1895, has lots of wood trim, and an old fashioned look. The sponge technique just wouldn't go.

Maggie - hey, I've added your address to my mailbox. Qwest was such a pain and never answered my e-mails. Just don't understand customer service these days. They changed my password to my account and I don't know what it is so can't access my old e-mail account. Now I don't want to because it's been a few months and I'd hate to see how much stuff is in there .
Old 03-28-2001, 11:07 PM   #25  
Thin Within

Default GOOD EVENING Countdowners

I did a good OP day today. I am on a roll..... got to stay on it too. I am depending on me to do a good program these Spring and Summer months. OOOOO love fresh fruit! Looking forward to smoothies for breakfast out on the deck when the weather warms sufficiently. We are going to do lunch tomorrow in Johnson City at the Olive Garden. I will have a WW breakfast bar in the morning with my Hazelnut coffee and OJ with a bit of Perrier in it. Today we were in Mountain City and went to Subway for lunch. I got a 12 inch turkey-ham and saved half for dinner with my veggie soup. I actually had to find something else to eat to make up to my bottom range of points.

GERI I would love to see your room when it is finished..... maybe you could take a picture and e-mail it my way. All that nice exercise will give you double benefit ~ a nice looking room and firmer body.

TERI you go girl! WRITE WHAT YOU BITE even if you are going over. It shows an honest reflection of where you are. I write everything down ~ especially when one of those hungry days hit. We can do this thing.

QUEEN that is good you do that spin bike. Rack up those miles. You have a nice web site and it shows a lot of work you went to to get it that way. Looking good.

Maggie fixin' to have some sweet dreams in Tennessee
Old 03-29-2001, 01:12 PM   #26  
Find a Way

All right Maggie, roll on girl. I'm with you on the smoothies, though I always have to have a piece of high fiber bread along with it - gots to have something to chew. I suppose I could just not process the fruit quite so much - but then it wouldn't be a smoothie - would it? I love reading the end of your posts, can't wait to see what you are going to do next.

And on the matter of writing everything down, Amen. I know it's hardest when we want to go hog wild, but for me it really helps to cut down the damage. I may have planned to eat the entire pan of chocolate brownies (fortunately the oven is on the fritz right now so that won't be a temptation) but once I calc the points, there's a voice that says; "You know, maybe I'll be satisfied with only 1/4th of the pan." Now, I'll still be going over on the points obviously, but not nearly as bad had I not took the time to assess just how much I was about to put in my body. It keeps me from being able to lie to myself as well, by thinking the binge really wasn't all that bad. It stares me in the face.

Well, off to the gym. Later gators.
Old 03-29-2001, 02:47 PM   #27  
Dying to be thin

Hey everyone! I just wanted to post a quick note before exercising. SOMEONE PLEASE DUCK TAPE MY MOUTH..lol... I have been eating everything in sight! It's that time of the month for me and I want everything sweet and then salty. Please give me some encouragement to change this all around before my weigh in on Monday!

Everyone else..keep up the good work!!

Angie
Old 03-29-2001, 04:02 PM   #28  
Thin Within

Default GOOD AFTERNOON Countdowners

hi ya'all. It is a nice rainey day here this day and a wonderful day to go to the city. We went to the book store and then had lunch at the Red Lobster insteand of the Olive Garden as we had planned but they are both owned by the same people so..... but I am glad we went there for they had my very most favorite fish - Pacific Red Snapper. Yep only 3 points for a nice grilled piece of it. I do great there if I control myself by not eating too many of those garlic cheese biscuits. Those little hunks of delight cost a whopping 3 and half points each. Glad I have a recipe that I can make them at home for 2 points each.

QUEEN a nice toasted english muffin also goes along great with a smoothie as does a boiled egg. I have a nice collection of smoothie recipes if you are interested.

ANGIE {{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}} those days are hard to get through aren't they. I asked my little buddy if I could borrow his tape and he said "NOPE I feel just like cheering her on instead of that." So here he is......
Old 03-30-2001, 12:36 AM   #29  
Dying to be thin

Thanks Maggie ((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))

You really brightened my day or night I mean!!!

Angie
Old 03-30-2001, 11:11 AM   #30  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning everyone! Well, just got the youngest off to college again. He's called twice since he left (a half hour ago) to add stuff to the list of junk we have to deliver to him tomorrow.

My bedroom is almost done. The sponge painting went well. It's hard to tell what the final product will be when you pick the colors out. It always looks different on the wall and is sometimes hard to picture what it will look like. But I am very happy with the results. My new bed is set up and the dressers are back in place. It's shaping up pretty well. I'm disappointed that the comforter set I ordered won't be in until mid April.

Food has been rather 'iffy' this week. I am back to not journalling and I hate it. Why is journalling such a problem? It's not hard, it's not too time consuming, what is the deal???? Oh well, I WILL get better!

Terri: Your sister's color combo for her sponge painting sounds real pretty. I have now sponged almost every room in the house - all in different color combos. I like them all, but of course there are several that I really love!

Cynthia: Ooooh, you have one of those old treasures of a house. I love it, sight unseen.

Maggie: Sounds like you're really sticking to it. Good girl. Can I bug you for your recipe for the cheesy biscuits? Pretty Please?

Angie: Hang in there. TOM doesn't have to last all month!

Well girls, it's another day at the theatre. Actually, today and tomorrow so I'm not sure how much time I will be able to spend here, but know that I'm thinking of you all.

Fall seven times, get up eight. - Chineese Proverb
Closed Thread