Weight Loss Support - Scale Addict Anonymous #3

View Full Version : Scale Addict Anonymous #3

Hotsplashes
10-29-2003, 08:38 PM
ALRIGHTYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! The cold & flu meds have kicked in and I'm ready to type!

I'm still sick but this has helped me keep eating healthy. Tonite was another chicken and veggie stirfry but with a blackbean sauce this time. VERY yummy. As I could actually taste it a bit!lol

Grasshopper, I went back to school at the age of 28. It was tuff at first but it got easier as it went along. I was lucky enough to go to school full time without having to work. I wasn't older than any but one of my teachers!lol But it was weird being in class with people 10 years younger than me. The saving grace was the group of 3 people in their late 30's and early 40's.

Butterfly, I admire you for doing BOTH!! You are an amazing lady. And you are trying to lose weight on top of it all! When I finished my last few years of University I did it part time and worked full time. It's a tuff road but in the end it's worth it. And think of how good you'll look when you walk up on stage when you graduate!

Keep up the good work ladies!!!

Southern Butterfly
10-30-2003, 11:22 AM
The scales went back to 144.8 this morning!!! Dadgum water!!

hotsplashes - that stirfry sounds delicious!! Hope you're feeling better!!

little grasshopper
10-30-2003, 05:50 PM
Glad you're feeling better hotsplashes! And sorry to hear about the scales SB. I'm officially scared of mine again. I don't know how you handle with with scales that can give .1,.2.3 - that level of information would knock me over the edge! I'd be tracking everything I ate to figure out the .2 pounds of fluctuation! You're more woman than me!

I go to my ND tomorrow morning. I have a list of questions - wierd questions...but I guess this is his area. I feel really healthy - healthier than I have ever felt. I hope I get a good report from him!

Last test is today and I found out that one of my closest friends doesn't have an ounce of respect for what I'm studying in school or the fact that I "sold myself out" by leaving my career to aim so low. Nice huh. I went straight from the conversation to some sort of icie vanilla frozen coffee thing - I dont' even drink coffee but this looked the least harmful of the sugary things they sold. It was amazing and now I am mad at myself as well as my slack friend!

Well enough whining - I'm off to school!! Hotsplashes - keep feeling better!!

Southern Butterfly
10-30-2003, 06:14 PM
grasshopper - you have to go for what you want to!! What are you going for anyway? Everyone dogged me because I decided to be an elementary teacher instead of a nurse or businees major. The only support I have is bf. Everyone else tells me not to go into teaching.

I had a run-in with the sweet monster this afternoon. I went to lunch with my sister and after talking to her, I took my frustrations out on chocolate candy and doughnuts!! We had a long talk about my just ending my relationship with my best friend. I don't think it really sunk in until I talked to my sis about it. Now, I'm depressed over the loss of my friend AND sick from the sweets!! I HATE feeling like this!!!

little grasshopper
10-31-2003, 08:59 AM
SB I'm in school for massage therapy. I want to study muscle reprogramming, along with the effects of emotions on our bodies. I have a lot of school ahead of me but at least this time around it's something I love. And you're right - go for what you want...life is way to short to do a job you don't like - if you have the chance to do what you love - grab it! Good for you! Being a teacher is hard work and it takes a special person!! Good luck with your schooling. As for losing your best friend - I'm sorry to hear that. And forgive me for laughing a little about the bestfriend/sweets thing. I can just see it and I'm laughing for you not at you!! I lost my best friend a few years ago when she slowly became a recluse (is that how you spell that?). She just went away from everything, with no real explanation. She's still not well and I haven't heard from her in over a hear now. I don't even know how to contact her anymore. I'm still in touch with her family though. It was really hard and really sad.

Well today is my ND check up. I have my questions list and I'm all ready to go :) Am I wierd for being excited about a doctor's visit. Must be all the school! I might need a vacation :) :)

Hotsplashes
10-31-2003, 09:14 PM
Howdie Ladies....I'm sorry I missed yesterday...but this danged virus just don't want to go away. I get home usually around 1 or 2. Then I let the dogs out. Then I have a bath and more meds then I just crash out until supper around 4 or 5 then I'm back in bed by 7 or 8. This sucks...good thing is..I stepped on the scales yesterday...I've lost 6lbs~! I know it's not a good way to do it, but it is the hilite of being sick this last week.

Butterfly and Grassshopper....

I cam empathize with both of you on all the subjects. I went back to school for Equine Science. I took a specialization in Sports Medicine Rehab. Technically I'm horsie physiotherapist and massage therapist. You should have heard all the negative things I got about that. From friends, family, strangers, anyone who thought I needed their two nickels' worth. But I went ahead anyway. It's the best thing I've ever done. I'm happiest when I'm with the horses and making them better.

When my best friend and I parted ways. Not over my chosen career, but her abusive husband, I too hit the sweet end of the ocean. I miss her terribly after 3 years, but I made the choice and so did she. I told her that being in a friendship with her was unhealthy for me because it was emotionally, physically, and financially draining for me. She kept complaining about her husband yet she would never leave. When she did decide to, I paid for a lawyer for her, first and last month's rent for an apartment, etc etc. She left him for a whole week and went back. When that happened I knew I had to end the friendship.

As for slacker friends, heck I think we all have them at one time or other. And I think they demean us because they are jealous that they don't have the courage themselves to go for their dreams. I think some of them are also people who are ruled by the all mighty dollar instead of happiness. I would prefer to be me, making the salary that I am, and being happier than I have ever been, than be them, miserable, jealous, and in a job I hate yet with all the money that I can't enjoy cuz I'm so miserable with my life.

Did that make any sense? I've just taken all sorts of cold meds so I can get a half decent nite's sleep. See everyone tomorrow!

little grasshopper
10-31-2003, 10:46 PM
very well said hotsplashes...feel better!

Hotsplashes
11-02-2003, 09:54 AM
Sorry I haven't been around folks...this cold is knocking the heck outta me. Plus we had a horse put down and it really hit me hard. But that is just part of the job I guess. I still have no appetite. But I make myself eat and drink. And only good things. I even skipped dessert when I went out to eat last nite. Nothing worse than going to a nice restaurant for someone's bday and being sick. Can't taste anything. Don't really wanna be there. Noises seem wayyyyy louder. And then to top it off, you feel guilty that you aren't in a better mood to enjoy your friend's bday. So I came home early and took more meds and slept for 10 hours. I feel much better today except for the cough.

Hope everyone is finding their scales behaving!

Have a wonderful Sunday and see everyone Monday!

Southern Butterfly
11-03-2003, 11:18 AM
Goodmorning!!!

The scales are NOT behaving. They were up almost 3lbs today. I hate them. Iwas really good this weekend, and it's too early to blame tom.

grasshopper - thanks for your support.

Hotsplashes - your post made me feel better. A part of me feels like I'm abandoning(sp?) her in a time of need, but another part reminds me that she's always in need. That will probably never change.

Tulip-Fairy
11-03-2003, 07:42 PM
Hi guys.........

WOW there's loads being happening while i've been away......Hope your feeling better now splashes???? It's not the best way to loose weight but hey ho - i'd be glad of anything at the moment!!!
I left my scales at home while i went away - DH woulnd' t let me pack them!! :( so i went without them, but sent them a post card so they didn't miss me too much!! :dizzy: :dizzy:

I've put on 4lbs while i was away :o :o oh boy did i pig out tho- total loss of self control - a case of the scales are away the dieter will play!!!:devil: :devil:
I really regret it now tho- :mad:
Oh well back on the dieting band wagon once again!!!

Hope to catch up with you all later when i've got more time.........it's a quarter to midnight and a girl needs her beauty sleep!!:lol: :lol:

little grasshopper
11-04-2003, 10:56 AM
Morning everyone! HS I hope you're feeling better by now. This sounds like a NASTY sickness!!!

SB you're strong to be able to see that you're friend may always be in need, and that there is only so much you can do and still be good to yourself. We all need help every now and then, but it's not fair to you, if this is an all the time thing - and she isn't doing her part to improve her situation!! I'm very sorry for you. You're right - it's hard to walk away from a friendship when it seems like they really need you. Maybe someday in the future it can be a good friendship for both of you again.

TF - I want to thank you for gaining weight :) :) You reminded me in a big way that this is a way of life and that it's okay to go away, have a great time and put on a few pounds while I do it. It's not the end of the world!!! And it's no reason to go completely off my plan ---which is exactly what I've done after every vacation in the past!! I'm sorry you're scales were bad to you - but thanks for setting a great example about it, and jumping back into your program with such a good head about it!

My only news is that my doctor feels my thyroid is a little slower than it should be. He's putting me on supplements to balance it back out again. I wonder if this will help me drop some pounds?!!! :) :) :)

Have a great day everyone!!!

Tulip-Fairy
11-04-2003, 05:49 PM
Your right grasshopper..it's not the end of the world, it's just weight - half the world is starving the other half is trying to starve themselves!!!!!!!:dizzy: :dizzy: Sometimes you need to just kick back and enjoy yourself.....and since getting back off holiday i've stuck to my plan ( religeously due to the slip!!) and now my scales say i've lost 3lbs and that's just since saturday!! so yippee to me........i know if i'd have stuck to my plan while on holiday i'd have been at my goal weight by now but hey lifes toooo short!!!:smug:
Thanks for the thanks as i really didn't see it as clearly as i did when you pointed it out to me!!!;)

Hope the supplements sort you out - if you drop loads of pounds..let me have the name of them!!! :D :s: lol

Hope your feeling better Splashes :)

Hotsplashes
11-04-2003, 08:34 PM
Howdie Doodie Tulip, Butterfly, And Grassiehopper! What a die hard bunch we are! I am starting to feel better. But the danged cough is still hanging on. It's making it hard to sleep at night. I've doing tons of physical labor at work since our farmhand got fired. So guess who gets to share feedings of 58 horses with the head trainer? That's right! ME! you should see me slogging 8 bales of hay twice a day across 20 acres( we can't drive the truck thru..have to walk it) I tell ya...my new jeans I just bought...they are now BAGGY as all get out!!!

I haven't been able to get to the gym cuz I've been wayyyy too tired. I think all this feeding work is making up for it. Water intake is getting better. eating patterns are much better as well. I haven't gotten ont he scales this week. Will prolly wait till next monday.

As for gaining back a few pounds while on holidays...Hey...most of it is water anyways...no worry. And life is too short not to enjoy things. One of my fave sayings is...

"Life is uncertain....Eat Dessert First!!"

Will see everyone tomorrow since I don't have to do morning feed and will not be so tired when i get home!lol

Southern Butterfly
11-05-2003, 11:29 AM
Good morning, ladies!!

Hotsplashes - congrats on the new baggy jeans!!! Your job seems to be an all day gym!!!

Tulip - You're right, life is too short!! I've been planning ahead because this weekend is my nephew's birthday party. My sis always makes lots of food and there will of course be a Baskin Robbin's ice cream cake!!! Knowing I will not be stayin on program this Saturday, I'm trying to be really good this week.

little grasshopper - I hope the supplements work for you!!

I'm trying to battle the pre-tom weight gain. So far, I've gotten it down from a 2.6lb gain to a 1.4lb gain. I usually gain 3-5lbs during the week before and the week during tom. I'm determined not to let it get to me this month!!!

little grasshopper
11-05-2003, 02:54 PM
I'm glad you're feeling better Hotsplashes, and I agree, you're job sounds like a pretty good workout! Make sure you take care of yourself - don't want to relaps!!

TF - great news about the 3 pounds!! Makes the vacation even better doesn't it!! :)

Hey can you guys help me. Look at my diet for today and see what you'd change or recommend???? Here is it.

breakfast - 2 glasses of h20 - 1 bran muffin with butter

snack - mac nuts with water

lunch - apple, chef salad with all kinds of raw veggies - oil and vinegar dressing and wasa bread

snack - Sugar free yogurt - strawberry
more nuts :)

dinner - at school - black bean soup and yogurt more water....

What do you think?? Am I getting enough food - enough nutrients, too much of anything (besides nuts - I know that
:( :( :( they're my new comfort food.)

Thanks for looking!! Have a great day and SB I use to gain 5-7 pounds!!! Now I gain about 2. Much much better!! PMS is not nearly as bad either!

Southern Butterfly
11-06-2003, 12:08 PM
little grasshopper - you're diet looks pretty good to me.

I'm still fighting the scales. It was down from yesterday, but still not as low as it was. Oh, well.

Hotsplashes
11-07-2003, 06:33 AM
Grasshopper must be psychic....all this OT work at the farm has gotten me sicker instead of better...so much for freshair and healthy living!lol...

this danged cough has settled in my chest...dry cough..aggravating my asthma. It sucks

Eating well still tho. Only slight cravings for chips and chocolate but i feel so icky that I just don't have the energy to follow up.

It's time for ToM again. Haven't seen a gain, since I stepped on the scale yesterday. Soooooo I'm taking that as a victory! Take care ladies and hopefully I'll see you later tonite!

little grasshopper
11-07-2003, 03:40 PM
nah, not psychic - just experienced at over working myself into an even deeper sickness! Be careful!!

SB sorry the scales won't budge. Mine aren't moving either. I'd gained a pound earlier in the week but seem to have dropped it again....water?? It's hard to believe water can fluctuate so often when I'm eating pretty much the same stuff all the time.....oh well.

I'm really stressing this week over school and money. The more I stress the harder it is to keep my diet healthy. The one thing keeping me on track right now is that I'm hypoglicemic and if I eat the things I'd like to - I'd never be able to handle school, working and life right now. I'd be sick as a dog all the time!!! That being said - I'd love to pig out on cheap comfort food!!!! Why is the healhty stuff always the expensive stuff????? AAGGGHHH!!!!

I'd like to cut back this god awful miserable job I have - But I'm realizing that not only can I not cut it back - I'm going to have to take more hours until after the holidays. aggggg!

Well there's my whining. sorry for the vent. I do feel better now though :)

Hotsplashes
11-09-2003, 11:20 AM
Venting is Healthy Grasshopper...and we all need a place to vent. Here is a great place! We'll listen!

I'm hypoglycemic as well...and my bloodsugars fluctuate horribly if I don't eat properly. Protien is the mainstay of my dietary life. It keeps my sugars and energy level thruout the day. And I know what you mean that if you eat the things you really crave for comfort you'll be terribly sick later on. I get that way too...eat too many carbs or way too much sugar and I feel like have the major flu...all achy and icky.

Where is everyone lately? Is it just the three of us lately? I wonder where Shelley and everyone have disappeared to. I wonder where Southern Butterfly went?

It's pretty cold here...maybe everyone is going into hibernation! I've been eating well this wee. My virus is going away slowly but surely...and the coughing is slowing down enuff that I'm actually getting some sleep at nite...

Grassie...keep your health in good order since you have to take on those extra hours at work...maybe you could cut down on school credits next semester. take your time with school..don't rush it...it's not going anywhere...and if you get sick...you'll just set yourself back...take baby steps...even if it's only one or two classes a semester! you can do it!!

Hotsplashes
11-09-2003, 08:09 PM
Good evening ladies...I will now admit that I am waiting for Pizza and wings. Yes I know it's bad food...but I've been good all week and actually feel good enuff to taste food! And with the weight I've lost in the last two weeks, I think I deserve a treat.

It's getting awfully cold here. And I feel that I need comfort food!lol I will NOT be getting on the scales till Friday. That way ToM will be gone, the bloat will be gone, and I'll have worked off tonite's pizza at work!lol

Hotsplashes
11-10-2003, 06:32 AM
OK...here I am again. Am back on program...had 3 egg omellette and cheese for breakfast and lots of water. Am just heading off to work now. Wanted to get an entry in as I am finding the more I post here, the more I am aware of what I eat. So I have to be good this week for my friday weigh in. The pizza was good...but not as good as I thought...I find I am losing interest in all the junk foods I used to like...they don't taste as good as they used to, and they make me feel kinda icky afterwards....I think I should be listening to my body more!

Hope to see more people here besides myself when I get home!!lol Hope everyone had a great weekend!

little grasshopper
11-10-2003, 08:46 AM
Hi there! Hotsplashes I'm glad you're feeling better! Being sick is just exhausting!! :) It's getting cold here too but i'm sure our cold is nothing like yours! It's 38 this morning. It was 80 last weekend......

Thanks for the advice. I have 6 more months of school to go. I can make it through anything for just a little while, right :) I am feeling much better this week. Bf has agreed to help me if I need it and we are not renting a car on vation now so money is not as tight as it was. We are going to Colorado for Christmas and I swear, that vacation is what's keeping me sane at this point.

Tonight I have to give a massage to a prof. therapist. ugggh! I hope I don't suck!

Oh and hotsplashes, I am having the same experience of junk food not tasting as good - it just tastes like empty sugar now. Of course, not all things do ::s: I still eat way too many wings. :)
But sweet sugary stuff doesn't interest me as much right now - and even the SF jellos and puddings just don't taste as good as my yogurt and fruit. I guess that's really good. :)

Okay, off to work for me. I'll stop by later on....everyone have a great day!!!!

LeanneM83
11-10-2003, 10:11 AM
Hi Ladies,

I am fairly new to 3FC ....
My name is Leanne and I am a scale addict...I weigh myself every day...sometimes two or more times....
I am trying to lose the weight I put on during my pregnancy...I have a 3 month old son and a 2.5 year old son....with both I put 60+ pounds on with BOTH pregnancies....
I was 215 AFTER I gave birth, and I am now 169...I am working really hard doing a low calorie, low carb diet and i exercise 5-6 times a week....
What programs is everyone doing? and how are they working?? (low cal/low carb is NO fun)

Leanne

CW 169
GW 150
Highest weight 225 (9 months preg)

Southern Butterfly
11-10-2003, 11:07 AM
Well, I ate badly this weekend, so I'm staying away from the scales for a couple of days!! I wasn't feeling well this weekend, so I wanted comfort food. Add that to a birthday party.

Welcome Leanne!!

little grasshopper
11-10-2003, 02:04 PM
Hi leanne, welcome!! I think I'm the second most newbie now. :) I'm on the South Beach Diet. I converted from Atkins a few months back. I now have 10 to go until my goal and I'm STUCK in one place! Partly my own fault. I'm not as strick with my eating as I use to be - I figure I'm balancing that with more exercise. I am 1 pound from my Christmas goal.....

Welcome and look forward to talking to you....Meri

little grasshopper
11-11-2003, 01:58 PM
Hi guys, Last night I got a call that my grandfather had a heart attack. His heart is very very diseased and they are currently trying to see if he can handle any form of invasive treatment at all. They aren't even sure if he can have a pace maker installed. If he doesn't the next one will kill him. If he does they aren't sure if he will live through the procedure.

I'm trying to figure out when I'm suppose to go to Wilmington to see him. I guess it's the long distance family delima. Exactly when is the best time to go visit sick family...when you don't know all the details yet. I can't afford to go and stay.

Add to that...and I'm not sure which part of this is "me not having my priorities straight" and which is me trying to control what I CAN. After hearing the news today I left my healthy lunch at work and went to taco bell for total crap food. This is hte first time in 5 months I've eaten crap. I didn't even try to healthy it up a little....just went for the worst thing on the minue..because I was "under stress." I think I have food issues. And I think I shouldn't be worrying about it right now - but then why is fear or anxiety an okay reason to eat what ever I want and feel guilty for worrying about what I eat.

I think I'm trying to control what I can - and I'm eat crap as a result....creating my own "stupid drama" to not have to deal with the bigger issue - my grandfather.

Tulip-Fairy
11-11-2003, 04:39 PM
Hiya everyone....haven't been around since last weekend, i've been busy, busy, busy!!! Also the kids have hogged the puter!! the start of the new term and there enthusiasim for homework goes through the roof!!

Well good news from my end ladies....I'm now 2lbs off my goal weight, hubby has now joined me on the Atkins diet and has had a very successfully lost 5lbs in the first week. I now have a new scales buddy at home...it's our secret as we haven't told the kids that we are on a deit!!!

We are having such scrummie meal and we are both motivating each other.....more like competition really, neither wants to fall off plan first!!! lol it's working tho and we are really sticking to it!!

Glad your feeling better now splashes........DD has had a cold all through half term and was really poorly with it.

Little grasshopper.......sorry to hear about your Granddad.......i'll keep him in my prayers.

SB.......have you jumped on those scales yet??? don' t be afraid, one blow out can't weigh that much!!! :D

Welcome Leanne.......like the fact you visit your scales more than once a day;) i used to but now i'm down to once a day now!!!! :D :D

I'll try to visit again tomorrow! :)

Southern Butterfly
11-11-2003, 06:11 PM
Well, tom weight is officially here. I'm up 3.6lbs!!! I'm not feeling well this week, so I haven't been working out. All I want to do is sleep!!

Hotsplashes
11-11-2003, 06:57 PM
Grasshopper, I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. I hope things work out for the best for him. I will light a candle and send him and you good thoughts.

SB I know what you are going thru right now...when I was feeling really sick..all I wanted to eat when I did feel like eating was comfort food...warm stuff with gravy...don't worry...eat and get yourself well again!! I must have given you my cold!

LEANNEEE!!!!! welcome! Glad you found us...We're a fun group! lol...and as you can see...we tallk about everything here! I am on a diet somewhat like Atkins and South Beach. It's doctor prescribed as I have a genetic disorder which makes me and carbs not get along really well!lol and it's working great...I just need to be more strict and have more willpower!lol

Welcome Back Tulip!! School...ick...sick kids...ick...you have been a busy lady! and congrats on getting hubby to join you in your healthy eating plan! Gees everyone is so close to their goal except for me!lol Then again...I haven't been on my scale in nearly 2 weeks...but I do know that I will be down another size in jeans soon...as long as I keep up with eating and exercising properly!

Glad to see everyone here today! All we need is Shelley now!lol See everyone tomorrow!

LeanneM83
11-11-2003, 07:05 PM
Hi Everyone...

Wow this looks like a fun group of people....the diet I am doing is the Dr. Bernsteins diet....which basically is low calories, low carbs...it is one of those medically supervised ones...I did it last year to get rid of my extra weight after having my 1st son....it is so freakin expensive though, so I am doing the diet on my own and supplementing extra veggies and bread to suit my lifestyle...no sense losing weight then when I do start to eat normal gain it all back....so I have tweaked it to fit me, and it is working great!
I am curious about the Atkins diet....anyone care to tell me about it?? (my hubby and I were talking about it, and we got confused)
Enough about me...everyone sounds very positive here..and that is SO great!
Keep up the good work everyone...

Leanne
Highest weight 215
CW 168
GW 150 OR LESS

Tulip-Fairy
11-12-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by LeanneM83

I am curious about the Atkins diet....anyone care to tell me about it??

Hi Leanne,
Take a look on their web site, it's great www.atkins.com

SB - Don't worry about TOM weight you know you'll loose it next week, it'll be my turn next, we all seem to be pretty much together on this on!! lol Our cycles have all aligned!!! wooooh spooky!! lol

Spalshes - great your feeling better and don't worry about how far you are to your goal weight.......you exercise enough for all of us put together!!! lol....I wouldn't be suprised if you walked right out of those jeans one day!!!
As for Shelly??? Is she active on other boards? I don't tend to go much further than this thread nowadays!!

Have a friend round for lunch today. I've made a brocolli & stilton soup it smells delish!!
Hope you all have a good day.

little grasshopper
11-12-2003, 04:38 PM
TF what is Stilton? I love broccoli but I'm out of neat ways to cook it. lately I've just been eating it raw with ranch dressing.

Leanne - I was on Atkins for about 3 months and I felt great. I had a lot of PMS before going on it and I'm hypoglicemic and had no trouble with either problem..also EVERYONE around me was sick with something and I never got it - so I really think it boosted my immune system too. This time around I chose the south beach diet because the one thing I worried about on atkins was that I felt like I should be eating more fruits that I was allowed. I ate tons of fish and veggies and chicken but I missed the fruit and yogurt too. South Beach allowed me both of those things - the weight loss is a little slower but I feel like I can really live on this program. I think what works is finding the pogram that really fits your life and needs. My roomates can't stand the south beach program! Boy friend and I have both been on it for 4 months and love it.

Oh, my grandfather is doing better. They found that there was little increased damage to his heart and they feel that he will do well having a pace maker installed. They do still feel like his next heart attack will be his last but they are saying that if he doesn't overwork himself that should be a good ways away. He's well enough to gripe about hospital food. :) I'm feeling much better about it now.

I was shocked to see how much an effect stress, anxiety and fear play on your body - I read about it and thought I knew but last night was Ti Chi night in class - we do tons of stretches and exercises and I felt arthitic!!! I'm very bendy - lots of yoga - but last night I couldn't touch my toes! I was sore and tight all over. The only reason I can come by is stress. I was surprised...today I am closer to normal - more flexible and less pain.

Well, I've rambled enough now - back to learning hip muscles....exam tonight. Because the world would end if I had a week without and anatomy exam!!

hope you guys are having a great week!

Tulip-Fairy
11-12-2003, 07:24 PM
Little Grasshopper...Stilton is an english blue veined cheese...don't know if you have anything similar over there. It works really well with stilton. My lunch date with a friend went very well - the soup was a real hit! If you like brocolli, try steaming small florets and serving with grilled salmon and a hollindaise (sp?) sauce (butter, oil, mustard garlic, egg yolk) Very Scrummy!!!

Glad to hear your grampy is feeling better, don't let yourself get too stressed, i know it's difficult but he will need you to be strong for him...keep those yoga stress busting excercising going!!!

How did the exams go?? as if you need anymore stress!!!
:dizzy:

LeanneM83
11-12-2003, 10:15 PM
I have to admit almost every diet sounds somewhat confusing at first eh?? I am looking for a "diet" that I can use to keep me on track once I hit my goal weight....my diet now is SO strict that there is NO way I can stay on it longer than necessary, the good thing about this diet is, it shows me I dont have to be constantly be eating, and if I portion things properly and have a well balanced meal, I will keep the weight off...I am thinking of joining weight watchers AFTER I reach my goal weight, so that I have a constant reminder of my weight, because as we all know an extra 5 pounds is okay now and then, but then we get comfortable and 5 turns into 10 then 15, next thing we know..BOOM, 20+ pounds back on....I can't speak for everyone, but I am SO a victim of this....I think that is why I am so dependant on my scale...I know people say "you cant go by the scale, it is how you feel..." and I totally believe that, BUT the scale is like a "reality check" when your jeans are feeling "just a little SNUG".....am I crazy??
Hope everyone had a good day
Little G.H- Glad to hear your grampa is better...
Talk to you all soon

Leanne:dizzy:

Hotsplashes
11-13-2003, 08:38 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

Grassiehopper, glad Grampy is doing better...he must be if he's already griping about the hospital food. A pace maker sounds like just thing to help him. My friend's father had a pace maker put in 10 years ago at the age of 67 and he's still going strong! As for the stress affecting your body...when I get stressed out all my tension goes into my jaw and my shoulders...and I hurt so bad that my teeth ache! Keep up with the stretching and the yoga and such...one of these days I'm going to try yoga...I love Rodney Yee...He's so hot in them little black shorts!lol

Tulip Fairy,,I LOVE stilton Cheese...never heard of Broccoli and Stilton soup...but it sounds Yummy! Or should I say Scrummy? I love that word!lol Glad your lunch went well. I love doing lunch with my friends, it's kind of a nice bonding thing. Totally different than a nite time get together.

LeAnn, The Atkins is strict at first. But then it evens out and lets you add more carbs. I avoid bread like the plague unless I am going out for dinner and then I'll have it as a treat like in Bruschetta bread or something like that. ANd yes the scale is a reality check...it's like you put on your jeans and think "Gees, these feel tighter than usual." so you go to the scale and hop on...and REALITY CHECK...yes you've gained a few lbs! But the trick is...find out WHY you gained the weight back. Is it because it's ToM time? Or maybe you pigged out on too many carbs? Be an Investigator and go thru the last few days and think about why we gained the extra water or whatever. Usually you can see where you fell off the wagon!lol

Have a great day everyone!

little grasshopper
11-13-2003, 05:00 PM
Hi guys. Grandad is still doing okay. I think they are going to put in the pace maker. Havent' been able to reach family today though. They must be moving him around a lot today - no one is in the unit he's in and no cell phones are working. Not too worried though - someone would have called if it were anything bad going on.

Leanne, you're right, they're all confusing at first. And Hotsplashes is right too - finding out WHY you gained weight is key to making sure we don't keep gaining! :)

My eating has been terrible this week but I want to thank you guys yet again. I'm learning every day that this isn't an all or nothing life - I can have a bad week and jump right back on the wagon the next week - I haven't failed at anything - just took a break for mental health :) I'm feeling much better now. Back to my yoga - never stopped it just hurt like all heck for a couple of days! I'm feeling like me again.

I have a personal question for you guys....are any of you taking physilium husks (metimucil has them in it) The reason I ask is that something is making me feel very bloated and gassie. (sorry) and that is the only thing I can think of that's different.

I'm a massage student - beign gassie is NOT cool!! haha!! Any advice is appreciated! How do i get rid of it!

Hotsplashes
11-16-2003, 10:58 AM
Grasshopper, syllium husks are a strong form of fiber...fiber can make you gassie. Syllium can make you VERY gassie. Cut down on the dosage and you might find a difference!

Leanne, have you gone to check out the local chapter of WW way up there in the great white north?

Southern Butterfly where are you???lol

I started my xmas shopping. Bought myself the cutest little...cookie or candy jar...it's small so I don't know if it's for small cookies or big candies!lol It's shaped like an xmas tree ornament and it's painted with xmas trees out in the snow. It matches these plates I bought last xmas with snowmen on them. It was regular 29.99 and I got it at a close out sale for 9.99....I LOVE sales!lol

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! See everyone tomorrow!

Tulip-Fairy
11-16-2003, 12:25 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm having a great weekend.....friday we came in and totally cleaned the house from top to bottom, even the kids helped, (a good all round workout!:strong: Then had a chinese take-away, they all had the usual stuff but i just had aromatic duck, which wasn't too far off my usual plan!
Saturday...it was so nice waking up knowing there was no housework to be done!! :cloud9: I was so pleased that i got up and went to the supermarket before 6am!!! CRAZY :crazy: My fridge is now stocked for another week with healthy stuff to keep me (& hubby) on our plan! Last night we went out to a friends house for dinner (sans kids!!:D )
Wild Mushroom soup
Tomato & Mozzarella salad
chicken breast with brie wrapped in bacon ,
veggies, sweet potato, carrots & peas (not exactly atkins freindly but hey-ho)
Trifle or apricot & raspberry pavlova ( I had a small helping of trifle)
A pretty healthy menu as eating out goes :encore:

And now it's sunday the kids are still at thier grandparents, me and hubby had scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast (v. scrummy!) then later a very relaxing lunch, i've baked the kids lunch box goodies!!
and now for the best bit...................I'm 1lb off my pre-christmas goal!!!!!!!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Sorry to go on, but i'm sooooooo chuffed with myself!! and now hubby has gone and lost 7lbs as well so it's just FANTASTIC!!
I am now moving on to phase two of atkins (OWL)

Leanne - I know what you mean about trying to keep the weight off...i don't want to drop my guard and find the pounds creeping back on!!! THis is why i intend to keep on rambling on to you lot, it keeps me on track..........so thanks guys for being there for me :thanks:

GH- your right - a massage student with gas isn't too cool
:lol: :lol: haven't got any advice tho - sorry - haven't heard of physilium!!:shrug:

Well i've bent your ears enough for one weekend.......until tomorrow :)

LeanneM83
11-16-2003, 05:28 PM
HI LAdies

Yes, HOTSPLASHES, there is a WW here in the "great white North", it is on Wed nights....that is probably the one I will go to, but I am only going to join WW when I reach 150lbs...:dizzy:

I am glad to see, I am not the only one who feels confused and overwhelmed with "dieting"...I know that I have to stop this CYCLE and end it here and now....I have to make this the LAST time I LOSE weight.....(of course if I get pregnant again I will have to lose the weight, but I WONT let it get out of control again)

Today I did something good...I DID NOT weigh myself....I thought it would be fairly easy, but let me tell you it has been driving me nuts all DAY...but I figure when I step on the scale tomorrow it will be that much more worth it, right? This is my 1st step towards winning my battle with the scale, and it is killing me so far....:cp: :cb: :dancer: woo, enough from me....

Have a great day everyone.....Monday is coming up...lets all make this week a GREAT one!

Leanne
CW 165.6
GW 150

Tulip-Fairy
01-09-2004, 06:48 AM
Is this thread still going........where is everyone???

Me and my scales are loney with no one to talk to!!

Please come back soon!

peach_linen
01-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Hi everyone... I just joined the forums and I'm pretty addicted to my scale, too (though I think it's only because I think it and the tape measure are in some sort of conspiracy together).

Can I join the gang?

little grasshopper
01-21-2004, 02:46 PM
We'd love to have you - you'd be in really good company! :) We have a Scale Addicts #4 running but I'm having computer trouble and can't seem to get to it today. If you see it jump on in!

LG

Tulip-Fairy
01-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Hiya peach-linen, like LG says were on a SA#4 thread now, come in and join us - the more the merrier!

grtfaceshameboutbod
01-23-2004, 02:03 AM
Going Back to school this year 45 and two already in school. Had some real weight issues though since 40 and the lack of confidence that goes with that. South Beach diet for two weeks now but have lost NOTHING ,ZERO ,ZILCH is this normal?

Tulip-Fairy
01-23-2004, 07:30 AM
Hi grtface... not sure if you've posted here by mistake or if your intending to joining our little gang? Your more than welcome to join in but were now on Scales Addict #4 board...come and join us...like i said to peach-linen...the more the merrier.
Hope to see you there!