Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 11:51 PM   #1  

Default How to get motivated?

Has anyone gotten to the point of just giving up? I've been overweight for about 3 or 4 years now, but lately, I don't even feel like even trying to lose weight - like it's a lost cause. Trying to gain motivation doesn't seem to work very well and I'm lost as to what to do with myself.

What have people if/when they have gotten to this point? I feel hopeless.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:12 AM   #2  

Hi Alyra - and welcome back!

Not sure I'm the best one to answer this as my own motivation has been slugging along lately. I had lost more than 40 pounds since I started posting here but the last three months, the scale has hardly budged.

But I keep coming back and reading about the struggles and successes others are having and I'm hanging on for dear life. I'm not losing but I'm still eating, exercising (ok, not enough) and watering and holding onto the healthier lifestyle and I consider that a bonus. Eventually, that scale will have to give in and go down again.

So stay with us, chickie, and work on your own goals one step at a time. We want you to succeed.

Last edited by anagram; 10-28-2003 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-28-2003, 02:00 PM   #3  

Alyra, I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time right now. I think a lot of us have felt that way, I know that I have. Sometimes it just seems like you have so far to go that you don't even want to get started.

You might try to stop focusing on losing weight, and start focusing on getting healthier. Try not to look at what the scale says, but focus on making changes that will make you healthier. Even little changes can add up to make you feel better and start you on the road to becoming healthier. Walking, drinking water, less fast food, more healthy food choices.

As you start to make these changes, the weight will start to come off and that will encourage and motivate you to keep going, to keep making changes, and to keep getting healthier.

It's not easy, but we're all here to help you and support you.
Closed Thread