Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 05:08 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Smile Week of 10-27......WLS-Chat

Good early, early morning.......somebody forgot to tell the dog that we changed the clocks!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. It rained cats and dogs here yesterday, great day just to stay home, have a nice dinner with the family and for once everyone was here!!

The last couple of days my eating has gotten away from me, way to many carbs in the mix. Surgery fixes your stomach, but not your head I may not be able to eat a lot, but I can eat all day long, and that is what I did Saturday and Sunday..........the fat-girl in me is trying to make her escape to the kitchen

I hope I don't offend anyone when I refer to myself as a fat girl.........because in my mind I will always be a fat-girl. I want to marvel at the things I can do now and if I forget I was a fat girl, they are just things that most take for granted. I never want to take for granted my health, and my mobility.

.......stepping off the soapbox.........

so, what is everyone doing this week??? I'm collecting, from other band parents, mass amounts of candy, to make treat bags for the band members. I know they are teens, but I'm sure many of them would still trick or treat, but with Halloween on Friday and the fact that we have a game, trick or treating is out of the question. We plan to give each of them a treat bag as they get off the bus (it's an away game.) I have candy hidden all over my house I hope I remember where it all is

Friday at my house we are having a "stuffing" party, as 5 Moms and I will stuff 85 treat bags.

I need more coffee..........

enjoy the day
Old 10-27-2003, 07:37 AM   #2  

DEB, good morning to you too! Sounds like a blast, 5 mothers, some coffee and lots of gossip and laughter.
I understand your thinking, just don't want to forget, were we have been, ( I 'm still on that side) and not wanting to take any steps backward. I use the reverse and dream about being a smaller size, increased mobility, (not hurting when I walk) . A new me to enjoy.

My week, will include going to work, all week taking my grandson which I raise, (3/10 yrs/months)to daycare. Cooking dinner after work, the usual boring wife, mother jobs.

I can't help but wonder what we did wrong when we raised his mother. She's 27. She's been in Florida, for over 3 years, has a drug problem. The ding a ling called last week to check on her son (been 8 months since the last call) thought I should be proud of her, as her boyfriend got a bonus and they were going to learn how to surf this weekend. Gee I think I cleaned the house, picked up toys, and did laundry.!
Not *****ing, just reality I enjoy raising him, hubby and I discussed what would life be like if we didn't have him. He's so cute, and spoiled rotten. I think it's been more fun raising him than we had raising our first 3!
Opps got to go shower for work! Looks like I got on my soap box
MarG

Last edited by Ditzy Blonde; 10-27-2003 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:04 AM   #3  

I give you lots of credit for raising your grandson. I know that I would do the same thing. I live for my grandchildren and that is one of the reasons I used to have the WLS. I wanted to live to see them get married and all of the good stuff. Starting on my 3rd month after surgery and can't believe the differance. Grammy
Old 10-27-2003, 10:06 AM   #4  

Deb, Reading your posts remind me of the years I spent as a band Mom and Band Camp Mom. We too had a lot of fun. Those are very precious times. Grammy
Old 10-27-2003, 12:10 PM   #5  

I've got myself a nice sinus headache I took some sudafed so we'll see how it works. The nurse said I would be ok

I'm feeling better each day, it does get hard for me when the kids are arguing. I'm not looking forward to me being alone with them tonight. I hope they behave!!!

I'm thinking about how Christmas is going to be here before we know it and I sure don't want to go shopping.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:14 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

just got back in today from a busy business trip. took the train, adnd there was lots of room in the seat!!!!

as for eating.. not a great day, but it's ok. i think. maybe'???

Still and always working on that self-acceptance/self care thing. hope it ends some day!!!

and you're the best band mom, deb. do you think that they'll let you stay on after your DD graduates?? how coul they let all those cookies go????
Old 10-29-2003, 07:28 AM   #7  
she who must be obeyed

MarG, bless you for raising your grandson. Enjoy him.

grammy, you were a band Mom too??? I think I have more fun than my daughter.

PR hope your feeling better and Christmas shopping......geezie-peezie, I haven't even started and I'm usually an earlybird shopper.......way behind the eight ball.

jiff, of course there was plenty of room in the train seats. Your normal sized now!!! I feel another sermon coming on about self-acceptance......I'll post it in a seperate thread.

as for staying on with the band program after daughter graduates, I would love to!!! I have created monsters with my cookies. Had a near mutiny on the drum-line bus when hubby and I were moved to another bus for one away game. Not only from the kids, but the bus driver as well. They knew I had cookies and they knew the other bus was going to get them. Gosh, I'm gonna miss those kids It's amazing how these kids work their way into your heart.

Today is Wednesday, no car day for me.....daughter takes husband's car to school (flute lesson after school) and hubby takes my van. I really, really should spend the day cleaning my house.......maybe I'll try
Old 10-29-2003, 10:25 PM   #8  

It sure does remind me of when My kids were young. No band but we had basketball and volleyball games, 4H ect. It was a great time. Deb, enjoy it! They grow up so fast. MarG
Old 10-30-2003, 09:08 AM   #9  
she who must be obeyed

Oh MarG, they do grow up fast, don't they. It seems like yesterday I gave birth to my now, almost 23 year old son.

are you sitting down........well believe it or not, I DID clean house yesterday! Guess the 5 band Mom's coming to my house tomorrow is what inspired me. Only one of them has been here before.

Hazel and I walked this am. While we walk at the mall, we window shop. It seems that pink is the color this year. Lots and lots of pink on the models in the window.

my eating is still not back to where it should be......but, I'm working on it.

have a good one all
Old 10-30-2003, 09:25 AM   #10  

Sounds like you hate house work as much as I do. I tried to convince my hubby, that he promised to love, honor and support, and since he went back on the support, and has me out in the working world, I should get a weekly housekeeper! He didn't bite!

I need to find myself an excercise buddy too. That's great walking early in the morning. I think mine has to be during lunch time. Hubby leaves for work earlier than I, and walking with a 3 year old just don't work. I want to try curves during lunch.

Pink? Yuck....I'm not a pink lady.
Closed Thread