South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 12:17 AM   #1  

Default sbd cheating vs atkins

I've noticed that I've cheated a lot more on the sb diet than I ever did on atkins. I think it has something to do with the restriction of fats. Anyone else have that happen?

I've been under a lot of stress, too, and I am a stress eater, but I've been wanting (and eating) things I normally wouldn't eat, even if I weren't on a diet. With atkins, if I wanted to eat a whole hard salami, I would be content.

I've lost 9 pounds just in phase one, and have gone to Cold Stone, stuffed 4 Otis Spunkmyere cookies down my throat and a bag of M&M's. I'm doing this diet to support my husband, so I wont quit until he does. He's done pretty good, but admitted that he's been 'bad' and ate a few french fries from a friends lunch...boy that was a tongue twister!

Phase two looks like it's going to satisfy my cravings, but I hope I'm not taking a step backwards in case the detox of phase one didn't work
Old 10-18-2003, 01:26 AM   #2  
WW Moderator

I've only been on SBD for a week now, but I've not had uncontrollable cravings yet. I've been wanting things, but I am still detoxing, so that is probably why. I do know from past experience, a good amount of sweets just bring me back to square one with cravings, so this time around I am not going to have a bite of anything illegal!

If you got back on the wagon after your sweets, you will hopefully be ok, just be really careful. If you have a really tough time sticking with phase 2, you might need to detox again.
Old 10-18-2003, 03:51 PM   #3  

Hi Birdie_poo!

It's Ardie!

Hey everyone, this lady is someone I "know" from another site. She asked me about the SBD and, seeing that I've been around this site forever, I knew she'd get good information here.

I found out something about cravings this week. We bought some chocolate candy through our GD14's school drive. One piece of candy and I'm CRAVING the rest of the box. I"m limiting myself to one piece a day and, you know, that candy calls me all day long. It's the same with potatoes...one bite and I WANT more and more and more!

My advice is to just keep going. Think like a thin person. They don't obsess over a cookie or some candy. They enjoy it and go on with their lives.
Old 10-18-2003, 07:50 PM   #4  
Member Florida Chick

I learned a lesson yesterday. When I stick with the program, I'm not hungry in the evenings. Yesterday at our Octoberfest dinner, I had a small serving of buttered noodles, and a piece of pie. Last night I was hungry, and I had a headache. Not sure if the headache was connected, but am sure the hunger was, as I wanted something sweet. Anyone else had an experience like this? Lizzie
Old 10-18-2003, 09:08 PM   #5  
Work in Progress

Lizzie,
I have terrible food cravings and almost hang-over like reaction to high sugar intake. When I am eating white carbs and sugars consistently it just takes the form of an uncontrollable obsession with food and crankiness almost like a perpetual PMS.

I am eating some carbs this weekend while I am out of town, and am actually looking forward to doing phase 1 this week, just becuase i hate the way I feel and the obsessive food conversation in my head...

rb
Old 10-20-2003, 10:37 AM   #6  

HEY ARDIE!!!!

You know, I noticed I get tired after having lots of flour carbs, like cookies, cake, pie, etc. But I can have ice cream and feel OK.

I don't think that I am going to have a problem with Phase 2. It appears as if the portions are getting bigger, and putting them on a smaller plate really does the trick, I think.

I also found out that hubby HAS been cheating, but he's also seen some weight loss. He confessed that instead of eating 4 donuts on Friday @ work, he only eats 2, now LOL.

This AM, he strated running. Down hill, of course,then walks back up. He's got a whole schedule of things to do and it looks like our youngest, Allison, is going to be his personal trainer...that is, she will nag him into doing his work-outs.
Closed Thread